PDA

View Full Version : Perspective for Tonight

TheBisonator
01-17-2012, 09:50 PM
Right now on ESPNU is the documentary "Roll Tide/War Eagle" about the Alabama/Auburn rivalry.

I have never realized until now how tame our thing with UND is.

If you can tune in now or find a video of it online, and are watching tonight's game from home, watch it before tipoff. It will give you some much needed perspective.

bri-dog
01-17-2012, 09:52 PM
Yep, I saw it the first time it was on a month or two ago. Those people are fucking nuts.

TheBisonator
01-17-2012, 09:57 PM
Yep, I saw it the first time it was on a month or two ago. Those people are fucking nuts.

I mean, callers yelling and screaming at each other on the radio?? That's just unbelievable.

IndyBison
01-17-2012, 10:09 PM
Right now on ESPNU is the documentary "Roll Tide/War Eagle" about the Alabama/Auburn rivalry.

I have never realized until now how tame our thing with UND is.

If you can tune in now or find a video of it online, and are watching tonight's game from home, watch it before tipoff. It will give you some much needed perspective.
I spent a couple years traveling to college campuses around the country and the Auburn-Alabama rivalry is the craziest one I saw. Sioux Suck and F the Bison are nothing compared to what they have. I think the jawing back and forth is what makes a rivalry fun. I would not be offended at all if a UND fan wore something derogatory about NDSU or had some stupid chant at the game. That's what happens with rivalries.

TheBisonator
01-17-2012, 10:14 PM
I spent a couple years traveling to college campuses around the country and the Auburn-Alabama rivalry is the craziest one I saw. Sioux Suck and F the Bison are nothing compared to what they have. I think the jawing back and forth is what makes a rivalry fun. I would not be offended at all if a UND fan wore something derogatory about NDSU or had some stupid chant at the game. That's what happens with rivalries.

Hey IndyBison, just wondering, You were a college referee, or are you still one?? I'm guessing the job lets you travel to lots of different places.

IndyBison
01-17-2012, 10:33 PM
Hey IndyBison, just wondering, You were a college referee, or are you still one?? I'm guessing the job lets you travel to lots of different places.
Still do. Most of my games are in Indiana and Ohio and I work at the D3 level. I do get to work scrimmages at schools like Miami, Purdue, Butler, Ball State, and Indiana State.

My traveling job was for my fraternity several years ago and I visited 80 campuses in 41 states. Auburn and Alabama were two of them. I was on Auburn's campus the week of the Iron Bowl. Crazy!

TheBisonator
01-17-2012, 10:38 PM
Still do. Most of my games are in Indiana and Ohio and I work at the D3 level. I do get to work scrimmages at schools like Miami, Purdue, Butler, Ball State, and Indiana State.

My traveling job was for my fraternity several years ago and I visited 80 campuses in 41 states. Auburn and Alabama were two of them. I was on Auburn's campus the week of the Iron Bowl. Crazy!

Cool. There's a TON of D3 football in Ohio, so I bet it keeps you busy.:)

And yeah, about that Bama/Auburn rivalry, it was just sickening listening to all those people on the radio screaming at each other.

344Johnson
01-18-2012, 08:24 PM
I love the hate between those two schools. Just pure....hate. God knows that Alabama as a state needs something for people to get excited about though.

56BISON73
01-18-2012, 09:59 PM
still do. Most of my games are in indiana and ohio and i work at the d3 level. I do get to work scrimmages at schools like miami, purdue, butler, ball state, and indiana state.

my traveling job was for my fraternity several years ago and i visited 80 campuses in 41 states. Auburn and alabama were two of them. I was on auburn's campus the week of the iron bowl. Crazy!

sae?...........

IndyBison
01-19-2012, 05:06 PM
sae?...........
Theta Chi..