PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Senior: Warren Holloway

tony
01-17-2012, 05:41 PM
Hard to believe that Warren Holloway had knee surgery before the season. Obviously it worked because he had his best year. One of the biggest difference makers on the team.

One of my favorite plays was when he caught the ball 10+ yards short of converting a third down against EWU and got through a large portion of their defense to move the chains. Another was his downfield block that helped get fellow-Texan DJ McNorton get to the endzone.

Favorite moment: After the Georgia Southern game he says something like "Going to get to play in front of my friends and family ... <huge smile> ... sweet."

westnodak93bison
01-17-2012, 05:44 PM
Solid year imho. Best of luck to him in the future.

roadwarrior
01-17-2012, 05:52 PM
Warren was only the 2nd Bison receiver ever to have over 1,000 yards in a season. The other one was TR McDonald in 1993.

Gully
01-17-2012, 06:18 PM
My favorite part of his career was viewing the improvement from year to year. Great Senior season.

CAS4127
01-17-2012, 06:25 PM
He always seemed to make catches I didn't think he was going to make, and then get YAC that I did not anticipate. We have to find someone who can duplicate his efforts!!

Thanks #81!!

Professor Chaos
01-17-2012, 07:49 PM
Warren will probably be the most missed player on next year's squad. The fact he had such good games against JMU and Lehigh when everyone in the stadium, including the opposition's defensive staff, knew that most of the passes would be going in his direction is telling about how talented he was. Having him there every game was critical with how thin the WR corps was this year. Good luck and thanks for the 5 excellent years Warren.

MNLonghorn10
01-17-2012, 08:24 PM
he was a bad ass...good player. hope he gets some nfl invites.

344Johnson
01-17-2012, 09:14 PM
He never got too good about tucking the ball away but I always loved his effort and his ability.

North Side
01-18-2012, 05:45 PM
Warren was only the 2nd Bison receiver ever to have over 1,000 yards in a season. The other one was TR McDonald in 1993.
Wow cool stat, only thing I didn't like was he held the ball too far a way from his body,but still I will miss him a lot next year. Thanks Warren.

NDSU_grad
01-18-2012, 05:48 PM
He never got too good about tucking the ball away but I always loved his effort and his ability.
Yeah, I think he took 10 years off my life every time he would fight for yards after the catch. Nonetheless, when the ball was thrown in 81's direction, a pretty good chance it was going to get caught.

devin45k
01-18-2012, 11:44 PM

WOW.....I never would have thought

DjKyRo
01-18-2012, 11:51 PM
He improved from year to year, played his best season as a senior, and was a leader both on and off the field. Not sure you can ask much more. Thanks for a great five years, Warren, and best of luck onward.

Also, my favorite play of his was his first TD catch versus Lafayette. Really set the tone for the season and gave Bison fans the hope that the offense would move the ball this season, which we needed. Good stuff.

X-Factor
01-19-2012, 12:36 AM
Warren will be the most difficult senior to replace. He had that ability to go deep and run great intermediate routes as well.

HandoEX
01-19-2012, 03:16 PM
Warren Holloway = PLAYMAKER! He was consistent, hard working, and always ready to make the big time play. He'll be missed a ton next season!

THEsocalledfan
01-19-2012, 03:50 PM
Warren will be the most difficult senior to replace. He had that ability to go deep and run great intermediate routes as well.

Agreed. I got into a bit of a tussel with CAbison about this as everyone else is unproven/injury issues when it comes to a classic, field stretching big body athletic WR.

td577
01-19-2012, 04:08 PM
Very, very solid receiver. It was a lot of fun watching him and he stretched the field with his ability to fight for the ball. I said all year that he probably could play up north for a couple of years further developing his skills with a outside shot at the NFL down the line. He wasn't the fastest guy on the field, but he didn't seem to mind getting physical. I would think if he is interested in pursuing a career in football, he could find himself a CFL job and go from there. I really do think his skills were downplayed a bit at NDSU because of the system. He would have blown up the field in any pass happy offense. Regardless, there are very few players anymore that fall through the cracks if there is a pro future, so I hope he gets an opportunity to play some more.

Has there been any players from the FCS era to play in Canada? I find that interesting as while NDSU plays as good of a team game as anyone, there are still some very talented players to go through this program.

herdmember
01-19-2012, 05:14 PM
Who would have thought that after offseason microfracture surgery, that he'd have been our only WR of the top 4 or 5 to stay healthy all year? We faced some supposed shut down corners this year (Georgia Southern sticks out), but they never truly shut down Warren. After the title game, Brock said they knew they could get Warren open deep, but ended up not having to use it thanks to getting the lead. No way we win a title without Warren. He will be missed.

KSBisonFan
01-21-2012, 12:54 AM
Where would we have been without him this year? He was a constant at the most questionable position on our team. He forced the opposition to honor the passing game. Picture our team without #81 in the lineup week in and week out. Good luck, Warren!

perthbison
01-21-2012, 04:24 AM
Congrats to Big Tex, you're leaving with a champions ring. You were a big part of all this and I hope Texas can send us more like you.

A1pigskin
01-22-2012, 02:04 PM
Warren playing in front of his friends and family had to feel real good.

EmbdenBison
01-22-2012, 03:19 PM
Big Tex was the man! I hope the crop of new receivers in this year's class turn out to be as good a player, person, and leader as Big Tex.