PDA

View Full Version : Bison champs to White House ?

lakesbozo
01-17-2012, 05:25 PM
Grant Olson

The Senator said he was going to try to get us to the White House to be honored properly, I can dig it.

1 hour ago facebook

Hopefully Hoeven/Berg pay for it, cause I doubt the sbohe will.

HerdBot
01-17-2012, 05:29 PM
Grant Olson

The Senator said he was going to try to get us to the White House to be honored properly, I can dig it.

1 hour ago facebook

that would be well deserved

Wacker_in_the_Hall
01-17-2012, 05:56 PM
Dont hold your breath on this one..........

AKBison
01-17-2012, 06:03 PM
Had a school from Ohio or Florida won it all I gurantee you they would get a visit to see BHO in the whitehouse, Fing politics!

BisonTeacher
01-17-2012, 06:42 PM
Had a school from Ohio or Florida won it all I gurantee you they would get a visit to see BHO in the whitehouse, Fing politics!

How about Disney World?

Cue music.... "When you wish upon a star......."

Brock Jensen...your team just wont the FCS Championship....what are you going to do now? Im going to Disney World!!!!

CAS4127
01-17-2012, 06:50 PM

So are you suggesting that SHSU would not have received and invite had they by some remote chance beat us?? I'm not following you...???

Bison03
01-17-2012, 07:06 PM
Has the FCS/DIAA champion ever visited the White House? I think this would be a first. It helps that Hoeven and Berg are both big Bison fans (both were in Frisco).

bisonmike2
01-17-2012, 07:24 PM

Can't tell if your serious or not and if you are, are you claiming that this is a liberal or conservative conspiracy to keep the Bison out of Washington? I feel that if you want to properly troll this thread and needlessly politicize it, you should be a little clearer.

bisonmike2
01-17-2012, 07:25 PM
Has the FCS/DIAA champion ever visited the White House? I think this would be a first. It helps that Hoeven and Berg are both big Bison fans (both were in Frisco).

I think Villanova went a couple of years ago. I briefly remember something about it.

CAS4127
01-17-2012, 07:27 PM
Can't tell if your serious or not and if you are, are you claiming that this is a liberal or conservative conspiracy to keep the Bison out of Washington. I feel that if you want to properly troll this thread and needlessly politicize it, you should be a little clearer.

I'll do it for him:

YES, HE IS, BUT IT'S NOT A BIG DEAL CUZ HE DIDN'T GO ANY FURTHER WITH IT!!!

CAS4127
01-17-2012, 07:29 PM
I think Villanova went a couple of years ago. I briefly remember something about it.

Lakes should be able to pull some strings for us here one would think!!!!:biggrin:

Bison03
01-17-2012, 07:35 PM
If only the ________ party in Washington would quit sucking up to their hardcore _________ base, then they wouldn't have to suck up to states like ________ and _________ to get the people there to vote for them so they could push their ________ agenda such as ________ rights, the right to ________, and ________ taxes for the ________.

-There, I think I got my point across without getting political and offending anyone.

56BISON73
01-17-2012, 07:38 PM
Lakes should be able to pull some strings for us here one would think!!!!:biggrin:

Doesnt he have some connections here in the state with a certain legislator?

Twentysix
01-17-2012, 07:47 PM
Can't tell if your serious or not and if you are, are you claiming that this is a liberal or conservative conspiracy to keep the Bison out of Washington? I feel that if you want to properly troll this thread and needlessly politicize it, you should be a little clearer.

They are swing states..it still wouldn't have happened.

AKBison
01-17-2012, 08:11 PM
They are swing states..

This was my angle

CaBisonFan
01-17-2012, 08:12 PM

...really...

roadwarrior
01-17-2012, 08:13 PM
This would be a complete waste of money IMO. The President should definitely stop in Fargo to congratulate them!

CaBisonFan
01-17-2012, 08:18 PM
Here's the Villanova story. They went about 8 months after the fact...along with another team from Nova.

http://articles.philly.com/2010-08-18/sports/24973315_1_villanova-preseason-polls

I (http://articles.philly.com/2010-08-18/sports/24973315_1_villanova-preseason-polls) would imagine that a strong push by Congress members from North Dakota, and finding the funds to travel there would put the Bison in the White House.

roadwarrior
01-17-2012, 08:22 PM
Villanova is about 2 hours away from DC by bus. Big difference.

IndyBison
01-17-2012, 08:28 PM
Here's the Villanova story. They went about 8 months after the fact...along with another team from Nova.

http://articles.philly.com/2010-08-18/sports/24973315_1_villanova-preseason-polls

I (http://articles.philly.com/2010-08-18/sports/24973315_1_villanova-preseason-polls) would imagine that a strong push by Congress members from North Dakota, and finding the funds to travel there would put the Bison in the White House.
It appears they attended an event for all the NCAA champions per the article. I know groups do things at the White House all the time but I'm not sure if it's the White House that initiates it or the organization attending. I have a friend who had a regional position with Pop Warner football and he got to attend an event at the White House with one of their championship teams. It happened to be the same event the Colts attended when they won the Super Bowl so he got to meet Manning and Dungy and all. If a Pop Warner Team can visit the White House I'm sure an FCS champion can. I'm sure it's all about $$ and schedule.

CaBisonFan
01-17-2012, 08:32 PM
It appears they attended an event for all the NCAA champions per the article. I know groups do things at the White House all the time but I'm not sure if it's the White House that initiates it or the organization attending. I have a friend who had a regional position with Pop Warner football and he got to attend an event at the White House with one of their championship teams. It happened to be the same event the Colts attended when they won the Super Bowl so he got to meet Manning and Dungy and all. If a Pop Warner Team can visit the White House I'm sure an FCS champion can. I'm sure it's all about $$ and schedule.

This is correct...it was a larger event. That's what the article said.

My experience in having a high school band playing at the White House Elipse is that the right leverage from Congressmen can work wonders.

CAS4127
01-17-2012, 08:36 PM
Villanova is about 2 hours away from DC by bus. Big difference.

Not only a waste of money, but also a waste of time, focus, energy and workouts directed at next year.

Ya, I want to go back to Frisco!!

NDSU1980
01-17-2012, 08:45 PM
I vaguely recall that President Reagan had the UND hockey team to the White House back in the 80's after a NC. Times are different now. Back then you had a good President and a lousy ButtHockey team. Now you have a good NC football team and a lousy president.

CaBisonFan
01-17-2012, 08:57 PM
I vaguely recall that President Reagan had the UND hockey team to the White House back in the 80's after a NC. Times are different now. Back then you had a good President and a lousy ButtHockey team. Now you have a good NC football team and a lousy president.

...so...good presidents are hockey fans?...is that what you mean?...or did you specifically mean a UND fan?...

NDSU1980
01-17-2012, 09:08 PM
...so...good presidents are hockey fans?...is that what you mean?...or did you specifically mean a UND fan?...No, I'm saying some presidents are better then others, and some NC teams are just better then others. Read between the lines.

CaBisonFan
01-17-2012, 09:22 PM
No, I'm saying some presidents are better then others, and some NC teams are just better then others. Read between the lines.

Oh...I understand now. I thought that maybe you meant this...

Good President = Bison Football Fan
Bad President = Sioux Hockey Fan

I'm sure that you have some really solid reasons for judging presidents & the greatness of one national champion over another...in another sport. Both are perfectly logical. I'm relieved.

North Side
01-17-2012, 09:42 PM
Obama in a Bison jersey would be sick!!! but any president with a Bison jersey is awesome.

:hide:
I am probably the only liberal on here.

CaBisonFan
01-17-2012, 10:20 PM
Obama in a Bison jersey would be sick!!! but any president with a Bison jersey is awesome.

Some members are liberal thinkers. I have a mixture of conservative and liberal ideas about life. I don't like the labels...conservative & liberal. IMO...it makes people less than they really are...which, I suppose, is the point. A complex mixture of these two philosophies made our country great. Diversity has made us strong.

Being a Bison fan helps me to escape the unending stream of politics wherever I turn. I don't think of Bison fans as being from any particular political persuasion. Wish it would stay that way.

Bison bison
01-17-2012, 10:24 PM
stupid people........

....are ruining America.

onbison09
01-17-2012, 10:38 PM
During the Gopher-Whioux game I saw Clinton holding up a Whioux sweater

EndZoneQB
01-17-2012, 10:39 PM

EndZoneQB says hi! Ok, ok, I'm not liberal, just generally vote Dem...but not crazy far left leaning wackos like John Kerry.

Gobison88
01-18-2012, 12:02 AM

you are not alone....and no I am not referring to the MJ song. :)

LakesDouche
01-18-2012, 02:47 AM
Grant Olson

1 hour ago facebook

dON'T worRY gUYS

mE aND oBAMA ARE tIGHT

Ill HoOk iT Up, YO

lET'S tUBE dOWN THE oTTER tAIL WITH THE resT OF THE hIGH sCHOOL kIDS,

yO!@#@!

HerdBot
01-18-2012, 06:24 AM

Liberal in what ways? Socially or Fiscally liberal?

ndsubison1
01-18-2012, 07:01 AM
obama doesnt care about a small red state

CaBisonFan
01-18-2012, 07:05 AM
obama doesnt care about a small red state

Reagan was known for his indifference to what he called...flyover states.

TransAmBison
01-18-2012, 12:11 PM
Are we really taking this thread this direction? Really?

WYOBISONMAN
01-18-2012, 12:16 PM
LOCKED......and you know why.