PDA

View Full Version : SHSU president makes good on her bet

SamsRams
01-13-2012, 09:32 PM
http://ksam1017.com/2012/sports/local-sports/dr-gibson-congratulates-ndsu-on-their-fcs-win/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=dr-gibson-congratulates-ndsu-on-their-fcs-win

Loud and Proud Bison fan
01-15-2012, 09:23 PM
This is kind of a dumb question, but techniqually was this bet not illegal? I dont understand how all these Senators can be in the press betting.. I know it was not a monatory value.. but still there was a prize involved.

Dont get me wrong, I am all for sports betting and having a friendly beer wager with a friend.. but why are these not considered illegal?

Bison 4 Life
01-15-2012, 10:14 PM
This is kind of a dumb question, but techniqually was this bet not illegal? I dont understand how all these Senators can be in the press betting.. I know it was not a monatory value.. but still there was a prize involved.

Dont get me wrong, I am all for sports betting and having a friendly beer wager with a friend.. but why are these not considered illegal?

Bookmaking is illegal. Taking bets based on odds en masse is illegal under the Wire Act of 1961. Personal bets are not illegal.

NFH Schlüssel
01-15-2012, 11:08 PM
Strictly speaking...

NCAA Policy

•The NCAA membership has adopted specific rules prohibiting student-athletes, athletics department staff members, and conference office staff from engaging in sports wagering (Bylaw 10.3). NCAA rules also prohibit non-athletics department staff members who have responsibilities within or over the athletics department, such as chancellors or presidents and faculty athletics representatives from engaging in sports wagering. NCAA national office employees are also prohibiting from engaging in sports wagering.
•The rules against sports wagering applies to any institutional practice or competition (intercollegiate, amateur or professional) in an NCAA-sanctioned sport.
(http://www.ncaa.org/wps/portal/ncaahome?WCM_GLOBAL_CONTEXT=/ncaa/NCAA/Media+and+Events/Press+Room/Current+Issues/Sports+Wagering)

jimmyptubas
01-15-2012, 11:12 PM
Technically no prize was actually wagered...am I right? Isn't it really just an action?

Kermit
01-15-2012, 11:53 PM
Nobody in their right mind could be legitimately concerned about this bet. Cue the ND legislature...

westnodak93bison
01-16-2012, 12:03 AM
I have a sneaky feeling we will see Sam Houston a few more times in the next few years.

56BISON73
01-16-2012, 01:55 AM
I have a sneaky feeling we will see Sam Houston a few more times in the next few years.

You are correct. They have a very very good team.

cbline
01-16-2012, 04:32 PM

Unless their competitors (if they are smart) break down the NDSU film and see how to neutralize SHSU's attack.

ALPHAGRIZ1
01-16-2012, 04:35 PM

No you wont, they are one pump chumps.

Tatanka
01-16-2012, 08:19 PM
No you wont, they are one pump chumps.

Disagree. They are head and shoulders better than the rest of their conference, and a young team to boot. Will be interesting to see how coaching defections affect them but they play in a turrible conference that they shouldn't have trouble staying at the top of for a while.