PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Eastern Washington!

TateMosersneighbor
01-13-2012, 06:10 PM
I think we owe EWU a thank you for the focus they provided this years National Champion team AND the focus they could provide next years team. Let me explain.

I believe the poor start and the non-fumble fumble at the EWU game last year fortified this years team, gave them an edge that they clung to all year...and in my mind was an ingredient to them going all the way. These guys were relentless all year!

Now fast forward to now...we are the NC, just like EWU was this year...what did they do the year after winning it all? They lost their first 4 games and laid an absolute egg. We just won it all, and no one in their right mind thinks we could lose our first 4 games next year...but the 2012 team needs to keep working hard and focus or a let down WILL happen, especially in the MVFC.

So thank you EWU...and god would I like to see us play them again.

TransAmBison
01-13-2012, 06:11 PM
Should be thank them or Bill F?

bisonmike2
01-13-2012, 06:13 PM

No kidding. Maybe I should take back all the bad things I said about Bill Fette? On second thought, no, no I won't.

TateMosersneighbor
01-13-2012, 06:14 PM
Was that the ref?

MNLonghorn10
01-13-2012, 06:16 PM
why are we thanking those fags?? ndsu would have beat nova at home and possibly be champions last year.

obviously ndsu was the top team this year, so nothign changes.

f eastern washignton. congrats on their season this year, they followed it up well.

sidenote: did the ndsu fans boo bo levi mitchell at the game? i did but i was on the otherside of the field and it looked like blm heard somethin and was like "u mad?" :mad:

HoopsBison
01-13-2012, 06:19 PM
why are we thanking those fags?? ndsu would have beat nova at home and possibly be champions last year.

f eastern washignton. congrats on their season this year, they followed it up well.

sidenote: did the ndsu fans boo bo levi mitchell at the game? i did but i was on the otherside of the field and it looked like blm heard somethin and was like "u mad?" :mad:

Lets just say for the most part he did not get an overwhelming applause from Bison Nation.

bisonmike2
01-13-2012, 06:19 PM
Was that the ref?

Bill Fette was the guy who was assigned by the NCAA to handle replay calls. I am intentionally stopping short of calling him a referee or an official.

IndyBison
01-13-2012, 06:20 PM

There was a boo from the student section but it appeared he understood and got a kick out of it.

heffray
01-13-2012, 06:21 PM
Lets just say for the most part he did not get an overwhelming applause from Bison Nation.

I thought it was funny when they boo-ed the SHSU guy for winning the acedemic award. So I stood up and yelled, "Yeah! Boo your acedemic achievements!" We all had a good laugh at that one.

BisManBison
01-13-2012, 07:17 PM
No kidding. Maybe I should take back all the bad things I said about Bill Fette? On second thought, no, no I won't.

I'm not real proud of this, but I sent him a message on Facebook after the game suggesting he donate his pay check for the game to charity :hide:

EmbdenBison
01-13-2012, 07:40 PM
Haven't heard much from Screaming Eagle this season.

Swany
01-13-2012, 07:52 PM
We don't owe anyone anything. Our team earned this, start to finish. F* Eastern Washington.

344Johnson
01-13-2012, 07:54 PM

I boo'ed. Then my dad elbowed me in the ribs.

I'm not real proud of this, but I sent him a message on Facebook after the game suggesting he donate his pay check for the game to charity :hide:

He should, perhaps to the NCAA, he screwed them out of a Bison semi-final, which would have given the NCAA a boatload of cash.

I assume he got poached.

SamsRams
01-13-2012, 09:52 PM

yes he got a nice boo from NDSU side and students. To me it all seemed in good fun and Bo Levi had a big smile on his face when we did

CaBisonFan
01-13-2012, 10:25 PM
Maybe we don't owe EWU anything...but the loss to them gave us all an understanding of how intense the players & the fans have to be both during the season, and while preparing for a new one. We had forgotten. It won't be forgotten again.

I noticed that our defense took on a 'piss-pounding' attitude that I hadn't seen in a couple of decades...and if everyone will just remember now...the fans need to 'use' the FargoDome to its advantage. Every defensive play has to have total commitment from the 12th man.

Good post Tate. You're right on. Folks just have to read between the lines on a post like this. Some get it...others don't.

344Johnson
01-13-2012, 10:50 PM
yes he got a nice boo from NDSU side and students. To me it all seemed in good fun and Bo Levi had a big smile on his face when we did

At least he didn't seem to be offended by it. I wouldn't mind seeing him make it in the NFL

MNLonghorn10
01-13-2012, 11:13 PM
Maybe we don't owe EWU anything...but the loss to them gave us all an understanding of how intense the players & the fans have to be both during the season, and while preparing for a new one. We had forgotten. It won't be forgotten again.

I noticed that our defense took on a 'piss-pounding' attitude that I hadn't seen in a couple of decades...and if everyone will just remember now...the fans need to 'use' the FargoDome to its advantage. Every defensive play has to have total commitment from the 12th man.

Good post Tate. You're right on. Folks just have to read between the lines on a post like this. Some get it...others don't.
the defense had a "im going to kick your ass" mentality before the kansas game.

lakesbozo
01-13-2012, 11:17 PM
He got booed loud then clapped and laughed at 3rd base after the game he and the ewu coaches were drinking and giving free beers to bison fans, it was quite surreal.
Bill fette stopped us from a repeat title last year, he can burn

HerdBot
01-13-2012, 11:53 PM
I think we owe EWU a thank you for the focus they provided this years National Champion team AND the focus they could provide next years team. Let me explain.

I believe the poor start and the non-fumble fumble at the EWU game last year fortified this years team, gave them an edge that they clung to all year...and in my mind was an ingredient to them going all the way. These guys were relentless all year!

Now fast forward to now...we are the NC, just like EWU was this year...what did they do the year after winning it all? They lost their first 4 games and laid an absolute egg. We just won it all, and no one in their right mind thinks we could lose our first 4 games next year...but the 2012 team needs to keep working hard and focus or a let down WILL happen, especially in the MVFC.

So thank you EWU...and god would I like to see us play them again.

I will say this . I have officially "let go!!

CAS4127
01-13-2012, 11:56 PM
Our NC win this year was an eff u to Fette too. When I think of him I picture Sandusky for some reason-->don't know y.

tojo70
01-14-2012, 12:12 AM
He claims he doesn't post here because his privileges were restricted. He called me every name in the book when I called him out for talking as much shit as he did then becoming silent when his team sucked it up.
My wish is for EWU and UND to fight for the bottom of the BSC every year.

WYOBISONMAN
01-14-2012, 10:34 AM
Our NC win this year was an eff u to Fette too. When I think of him I picture Sandusky for some reason-->don't know y.

I think they are the same person. That's why he wasn't the replay dude at this game.........

BisonNeil
01-14-2012, 02:53 PM

Good one!

I have gotten to know a guy from a large company I consult for who is a replay official in the NFL. He mentioned to me at a meeting this fall that he had watched the EWU/NDSU game last year and from that he understood why I gave him so much grief about being a replay guy. When I told him that I really only dislike Bill Fettes, the replay official in that game, he said he didn't know that Bill was the guy making those bad calls, but that it made sense to him. Fettes got fired by the NFL for incompetence.

Classic.

Thundering Herd
01-14-2012, 10:54 PM
sorry Andy, but here's my response:
http://i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo131/Thundering_Herd/EWU-1.jpg

Hammerhead
01-15-2012, 12:38 AM
That photobucket page is a riot! :)

TateMosersneighbor
01-16-2012, 01:51 AM

Pat, email me the pictures of our opponents you've photoshopped...or send them to dad, he wants to see them.

tony
01-16-2012, 04:58 PM
Pat, email me the pictures of our opponents you've photoshopped...or send them to dad, he wants to see them.

Also need the original thread with them all so I can start the poll for the Hall of Fame.

Hammerhead
01-16-2012, 09:54 PM
You can view all of them at http://s369.photobucket.com/albums/oo131/Thundering_Herd/.