PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Senior: Will Britt

tony
01-13-2012, 04:35 AM
Heh, Britt is a tough guy to comment on unless you know people in the program (which I don't). First, he's an offensive lineman so they don't spend a lot of time under the spotlight (unless they screw up.) Second, he didn't play very much backing up Billy Turner.

I know he got one of those high ankle sprains early in the year, but that he was on the sidelines at the Gopher game and got into games in the middle of the season. Lot of guys might not have stuck it out for five long years of hard work, but Britt did and all he got is this crappy acknowledgement from somebody who never got to see his contributions and, oh yeah, a National Championship Ring :)

Thanks Will!

17>1
01-13-2012, 04:47 AM
Would you believe me if I told you that a lady from my work in all seriousness said, and I quote "Those players that didn't get much playing time or are red shirt freshmen don't deserve rings"? My face got red because hearing something like this upsets me and makes me scratch my head about how clueless some people really can be (before this comment gets thrown back at me, I realize no one is perfect, just that some are more perfect than others ;) ). I then tried to explain to her how every single player on THE TEAM plays a very pivotal role in how the team performs overall. Tried to explain what a scout team was, a lifting partner, or a backup that is right on your heals for playing time pushing you to get better, and it sailed right over her head.

I havet the utmost respect and appreciation for every player on the roster and thank them for their contributions. Once a Bison, always a Bison. And of course, Those who stay, WILL be champions!!!

BadlandsBison
01-13-2012, 04:56 AM
I heard Will kinda struggled with bad knees which happens to Olinemen, but he toughed it out. Good job Will.

HandoEX
01-13-2012, 01:51 PM
Congrats to Will on being a Champion. No doubt he helped this team acheive greatness.

HerdBot
01-13-2012, 02:12 PM
Would you believe me if I told you that a lady from my work in all seriousness said, and I quote "Those players that didn't get much playing time or are red shirt freshmen don't deserve rings"? My face got red because hearing something like this upsets me and makes me scratch my head about how clueless some people really can be (before this comment gets thrown back at me, I realize no one is perfect, just that some are more perfect than others ;) ). I then tried to explain to her how every single player on THE TEAM plays a very pivotal role in how the team performs overall. Tried to explain what a scout team was, a lifting partner, or a backup that is right on your heals for playing time pushing you to get better, and it sailed right over her head.

I havet the utmost respect and appreciation for every player on the roster and thank them for their contributions. Once a Bison, always a Bison. And of course, Those who stay, WILL be champions!!!

They are all huge and play a role . Whether its mentoring younger players, taking valuable practice reps , or just being a positive influence and providing support they are valuable.

Dabison
01-13-2012, 03:04 PM
Here's a true Bison Faithful. He is the epitome of Bison Pride and the saying "Once a Bison, Always a Bison". Wish him the best of luck in the future.

bisoningrandforks
01-13-2012, 03:18 PM
Congrats to Will for sticking it out....true team player!

CAS4127
01-13-2012, 03:26 PM

This^^^^. It just baffles me that people can't see past the end of their noses (exception AG, his is rather large). Anyone who has stuck around for 4-5 years has contributed extensively to the overall success of the team. If they didn't/hadn't, they would not have been allowed to continue being a part of the team/roster. When a team has abundant talent, there will always be players who don't see the field as much as they would like, and would possibly be starting for other teams, but chose instead to stay . . . . . and be Champions!!

Congrats, thanks, and be pround Will!!

perthbison
01-13-2012, 04:09 PM
This^^^^. It just baffles me that people can't see past the end of their noses (exception AG, his is rather large). Anyone who has stuck around for 4-5 years has contributed extensively to the overall success of the team. If they didn't/hadn't, they would not have been allowed to continue being a part of the team/roster. When a team has abundant talent, there will always be players who don't see the field as much as they would like, and would possibly be starting for other teams, but chose instead to stay . . . . . and be Champions!!

Congrats, thanks, and be pround Will!!I will second this motion!

81to86Bisonfan
01-13-2012, 05:16 PM
I will second this motion!

Congrats to Will and all the players on the roster. That is what makes a great program such as ours, the BISON! As we seen this season, depth is key to winning. Everyone on the team needs to be ready to step in and play, it's been the talked alot about all year by our great coach.

SamsRams
01-13-2012, 10:45 PM
nothing but love for any Ram! Will didnt have the best of luck with injuries but he always was ready to go if called on and had one of the best smiles during the trophy presentation. Thanks for everything Will!!