PDA

View Full Version : Last football game--Nothing close right now

Go_Herd
03-14-2007, 02:06 PM
Bottom of the Bison Media Blog.

"Oh, and Gene is still working on the last football game. *Nothing close right now."

I have a question about the time of this last football game announcement. *I was wondering in years past when were the times that the football schedule was finalized? *End of March, April?? *Compared to years past is this year taking longer.

Yes I already know that we need another home game because we cannot have four........yadda yadda yadda.

74BisonFan
03-14-2007, 02:55 PM
Help me.
I see the schedule has 3 open dates, which game am I missing? If we have one open date and GT is working on the last game.............

Gamehunter
03-14-2007, 03:26 PM
our home games so far: SFA, SHSU, UCD, and SUU

Our road games: Cal Poly, SDSU, the U (300k Gene is maybe asking for more?), CMU (200k), Western Illinois, MVSU (wish we didn't have to go here but maybe Bohl can pick out a could good JUCO's to make the trip worth while)

The only dates we have open: Aug30/Sept 1
Nov 3

2006gwfcchamps
03-14-2007, 04:32 PM
It does appear from past schedules that Jacksonville State ended a home/home with Furman for the first Sept weekend last season and if they want a game that weekend they'll need a new contract.

It's so tough to tell with teams who haven't posted any type of tentative schedule.

At least with IL State we know for sure they need a game Nov 3rd.

I wish they would do us a favor.

Go_Herd
03-14-2007, 05:26 PM
It does appear from past schedules that Jacksonville State ended a home/home with Furman for the first Sept weekend last season and if they want a game that weekend they'll need a new contract.

It's so tough to tell with teams who haven't posted any type of tentative schedule.

At least with IL State we know for sure they need a game Nov 3rd.

I wish they would do us a favor.

Yes, I know about Ill. State and all that speculation crap with who we might play. I am just asking the old timers ;D, is this starting to get late for scheduling compared to years past?

From all the other threads I know the possibilities of Ill. State and how of course we need a home game--Don't bring those topics on here---Read the first post--geez

RedRiver
03-14-2007, 06:17 PM
NO this years schedule is not taking longer. Last year two games were scheduled in March and one in April. There is only one game left to schedule for 2007, but being it is a home game fans are antsy!! Also the Team Makers deadline has been moved up to April 1st so I'm sure it would be nice to have the schedule completed by that date.

Go_Herd
03-14-2007, 06:38 PM
NO this years schedule is not taking longer. *Last year two games were scheduled in March and one in April. *There is only one game left to schedule for 2007, but being it is a home game fans are antsy!! *Also the Team Makers deadline has been moved up to April 1st so I'm sure it would be nice to have the schedule completed by that date.

Thank you RedRiver. Hopefuly it will be done soon, I have faith in Mr. Taylor. Just wanted to know.

mikelsch
03-14-2007, 06:58 PM
The past few seasons we've been sitting at the Spring Game with an unfinished schedule...so this is not unusual during our transition

Few other nuggets...

home vs. Georgia Southern
home vs. SDSU
home vs. Western Illinois (was scheduled before the Gateway announcement)
at Youngstown State (was scheduled before the Gateway announcement)
at Sam Houston State

Hopefully will be able to schedule the other 5 Gateway opponents in 2008 (only hold-up would be if any of them overscheduled and can't get out of existing contracts --> unlikely)

Southern Utah, UC Davis, and Cal Poly games probably won't be played in 2008. *2007 season marks year #4 of the Great West, so everyone is equal regarding home/home series. *Future scheduling preference would be given to Southern Utah since they are also in the Mid-Con. UC Davis would be next because of a longer history together.

Montana State - trying to determine whether to schedule at home in 2008, sometime later, or just negotiate a larger buyout. *My guess is the game will still be played, just maybe not in 2008 when the schedule is already full of big-hitters...probably depends on if there is a FBS road game.

2006gwfcchamps
03-14-2007, 07:40 PM
2008 is a 12 game season, right?

I say bring Montana State to the Dome in 08 and that will guarantee us 6 home games (Ga So, MT St + 4 Gateway).

mn_bison_
03-14-2007, 07:54 PM

I say bring Montana State to the Dome in 08 and that will guarantee us 6 home games (Ga So, MT St + 4 Gateway).

Now that would be a great home slate. Attendance should go up, especially with the potential for playoffs (with a good record)...

roadwarrior
03-14-2007, 08:58 PM
Will the Gateway conference attempt to make up the schedule for 2008 for all teams, overriding what has already been scheduled?

NorthernBison
03-14-2007, 09:06 PM
Will the Gateway conference attempt to make up the schedule for 2008 for all teams, overriding what has already been scheduled?

That seems logical. I can see the conference setting up a schedule beginning on Saturday X and ending on Saturday Y. Essentially the first three weeks or so would be available to schedule OOC games. Is that too simplistic to work?

roadwarrior
03-14-2007, 09:08 PM
It might be a little messy setting up, especially for 2008, but then with the 12 game limit that year, maybe that will make it a little easier.

I have confidence in Patty V. getting it all figured out.

NorthernBison
03-14-2007, 09:24 PM
What is the typical procedure for the larger conferences in scheduling their conference games? Do they block out a portion of the season and schedule all conference games within that?

2006gwfcchamps
03-14-2007, 10:02 PM
It also depend if your conference has an even or odd number of teams.

Even means you only need 8 weeks to do an 8 game conference schedule. The first 4 weeks would then be for NC games.

Odd means you need 9 weeks. The first 3 weeks and whatever week you get a BYE in the conference season would be for NC games.

BearsCountry
03-14-2007, 10:07 PM

Well with the Gateway schedule now, every team is set up with a 3 home and 3 away schedule, now they just have to split the two Dakotas into the mix.

mikelsch
03-15-2007, 02:56 PM
Central Michigan game on Sept 22 now posted on their website
http://www.cmuchippewas.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=10500&ATCLID=826930

sambini
03-16-2007, 04:12 AM
Thanks for the link Greenie++

BisonNeil
03-16-2007, 01:00 PM

2008 is a strange year, one in which the calendar allows 12 games. Last one was 2004.