PDA

View Full Version : Heitkamp asked Gene Taylor about a parade

HerdBot
01-10-2012, 02:17 PM
There is a ton of organization needed for a parade . Why not look to the Fargo Marathon? They have a route in place and could lend some great expertise.

HooliganBison
01-10-2012, 03:04 PM
Forget the parade, too many logistics($) involved. Just do a huge pep rally at the dome. That way it's climate controlled and you don't have to worry about getting lucky on a weather day.

BigBison
01-10-2012, 03:16 PM
Its suppose to finally be winter for here on out....Weather would suck.

TransAmBison
01-10-2012, 03:19 PM
Forget the parade, too many logistics($) involved. Just do a huge pep rally at the dome. That way it's climate controlled and you don't have to worry about getting lucky on a weather day.Way to throw a softball in there. I'll let my intern (CAS) take that one.

JSUBison
01-10-2012, 03:19 PM
Forget the parade, too many logistics($) involved. Just do a huge pep rally at the dome. That way it's climate controlled and you don't have to worry about getting lucky on a weather day.

Plus the inevitable whining and hand ringing from the usual cadre of idiots about the costs incurred by police OT, street department workers, etc, that would come out of the city budget.

HerdBot
01-10-2012, 03:29 PM

is the dome available ? How about a game replay ?

tcbison
01-10-2012, 03:42 PM
I think they should do something at the NDSU/SDSU basketball game on January 21st. Maybe something at halftime like a parade of champions. Sounds like that is going to be a big recruiting weekend plus maybe it would get more fans to come to the BSA to watch an very good men's basketball team. Just a thought.

tony
01-10-2012, 03:48 PM
I think they should do something at the NDSU/SDSU basketball game on January 21st. Maybe something at halftime like a parade of champions. Sounds like that is going to be a big recruiting weekend plus maybe it would get more fans to come to the BSA to watch an very good men's basketball team. Just a thought.

quoted for excellence!

North Side
01-10-2012, 05:22 PM
what about the spring game?

THEsocalledfan
01-10-2012, 05:35 PM

:offtopic:

I live in Sioux Falls, and love to poke fun at SDSU since everyone I work with went to SDSU. Was it terrible of me to say to them that hopefully the addition of USD to the MVFC will finally give the Bison some South Dakota competition? (I tried so hard not to say it, but it was a softball that was set up perfectly and I could not resist....)

HerdBot
01-10-2012, 05:57 PM

I agree. They could have some sort of video presentation at half time with the Bison intro video .Bring the team on the court. Bohl could speak too

Tatanka
01-10-2012, 05:58 PM
I agree. They could have some sort of video presentation at half time with the Bison intro video . Bohl could speak too

This, but only if they have a speaker system present that is worthy of amplifying the man's voice.

Kermit
01-10-2012, 07:05 PM
This, but only if they have a speaker system present that is worthy of amplifying the man's voice.

They would also have to take precautions to avoid heat stroke as the football team hasn't had time to properly acclimate to the "sauna."

Tatanka
01-10-2012, 08:25 PM
They would also have to take precautions to avoid heat stroke as the football team hasn't had time to properly acclimate to the "sauna."

No reason for purple font on that one Kermit. None whatsoever.