PDA

View Full Version : How does the BCS National game of Alabama vs LSU help us????

JustinTyem
01-10-2012, 03:18 AM
With Bama shutting out LSU(6 minutes left) and going over midfield once,help our recruiting and Our win against GSU ???

Strommer10
01-10-2012, 03:25 AM
We beat GSU (our only common opponent) by more than Alabama did. Bama also played their starters the entire game. I'm not saying we would win, but dang is that fun to think about now that they are on the cusp of winning the FBS Title.

56BISON73
01-10-2012, 03:25 AM
With Bama shutting out LSU(6 minutes left) and going over midfield once,help our recruiting and Our win against GSU ???

You were a sports caster. What do you think? I dont see what Alabama has to do with our recruiting.

ndsubison1
01-10-2012, 03:28 AM
no. ten char

NDSUBowler
01-10-2012, 03:29 AM
I know it means we have a championship NO ONE can say we didn't earn on the field....something Bama might have a problem with.

NDSUstudent
01-10-2012, 03:29 AM
No effect whatsoever.

IBleedYellow
01-10-2012, 03:34 AM
My exact words when I read this: "Wait...what?"

People would have to do some serious digging to see what happened to Alabama against Georgia Southern, and even more to find out how bad we bashed Georgia Southern.

TheBisonator
01-10-2012, 03:42 AM
What's our closest degree of separation to beating Alabama this year?? FBS team we beat was Minnesota (chain link to Iowa and Illinois), but I don't know if we beat any FCS teams who beat an FBS team that won a game. (SHSU beat New Mexico who I believe was winless).

This is just for the sake of fun, seeing if we have a short chain this year.

JustinTyem
01-10-2012, 03:44 AM
You were a sports caster. What do you think? I dont see what Alabama has to do with our recruiting.I think that with Bama shutout of LSU can help the bison. For those kids who are thinking of taking a FBS team Walk-on or a scolly player that could be stuck in numbers,who would rather play and work for a championship,or would someone wanna go to like minny,Iowa,IowaState or other schools will never win a national championship. Thats just my opinion. Please work through my post,Sometimes things I post are hard to understand. Thanks,:) GO BISON!!!!!

CaBisonFan
01-10-2012, 03:47 AM
It was nice to hear Georgia Southern mentioned as one of the offenses that moved the ball on Alabama.

That's about it. No one was paying attention other than a few of us. FBS is all that matters to ESPN & other media entities.

Frankly...I missed the three big networks during some of the bowl games. ESPN has one or two decent broadcast teams. Some of the network voices were absent.

NDSUBowler
01-10-2012, 03:50 AM
What's our closest degree of separation to beating Alabama this year?? FBS team we beat was Minnesota (chain link to Iowa and Illinois), but I don't know if we beat any FCS teams who beat an FBS team that won a game. (SHSU beat New Mexico who I believe was winless).

With LSU's only loss to Bama and Bama's only loss to LSU, there is no way to connect us.

56BISON73
01-10-2012, 03:53 AM
I think that with Bama shutout of LSU can help the bison. For those kids who are thinking of taking a FBS team Walk-on or a scolly player that could be stuck in numbers,who would rather play and work for a championship,or would someone wanna go to like minny,Iowa,IowaState or other schools will never win a national championship. Thats just my opinion. Please work through my post,Sometimes things I post are hard to understand. Thanks,:) GO BISON!!!!!

Bama , LSU and NDSU wont be mentioned in the same sentence as its a different level of football. So the game game tonight is a non factor in recruiting.

JustinTyem
01-10-2012, 03:53 AM
I think that with Bama shutout of LSU can help the bison. For those kids who are thinking of taking a FBS team Walk-on or a scolly player that could be stuck in numbers,who would rather play and work for a championship,or would someone wanna go to like minny,Iowa,IowaState or other schools will never win a national championship. Thats just my opinion. Please work through my post,Sometimes things I post are hard to understand. Thanks,:) GO BISON!!!!!That and the fact that GSU put up 21 pts on Bama,while LSU got shutout. And we only took 7 from GSU. I think things can help,when you really add it up when ur recruiting. Does this make any sence???

MAKBison
01-10-2012, 03:55 AM
I get it, the thread title is supposed to be in purple right!!!

CaBisonFan
01-10-2012, 04:02 AM
I get it, the thread title is supposed to be in purple right!!!

Can that be done?? I'd like it.

TheBisonator
01-10-2012, 04:07 AM
I wanna see is Tony is really capable of turning the thread title to purple. That would be the BEST.

JustinTyem
01-10-2012, 04:07 AM
Ok,Hear me out. Bama,LSU,USC,ect..... MAJOR FBS, but those FBS schools like Minny,Utah,UtahState,NewMexico and ect. I like OUR CHANCES with Recruiting for some of the same kids. This is my point,GSU put up a fight again Bama,We kicked the shit out of GSU. Our FCS team can really fight against average or lower FBS.

56BISON73
01-10-2012, 04:11 AM
Ok,Hear me out. Bama,LSU,USC,ect..... MAJOR FBS, but those FBS schools like Minny,Utah,UtahState,NewMexico and ect. I like OUR CHANCES with Recruiting for some of the same kids. This is my point,GSU put up a fight again Bama,We kicked the shit out of GSU. Our FCS team can really fight against average or lower FBS.

We dont recruit against Utah,UtahState,NewMexico etc. I know what you are trying to get at but its really a huge stretch to get their.

CaBisonFan
01-10-2012, 04:12 AM

You know Justin...you might have a point here. To the recruit who's really paying attention, it puts a little extra lustre on the Bison. Certainly doesn't hurt.

I don't think that it's a stretch to have influences like this on a Twin Cities player who's contemplating going south, staying home, or going north to NDSU.

MAKBison
01-10-2012, 04:13 AM
We dont recruit against Utah,UtahState,NewMexico etc. I know what you are trying to get at but its really a huge stretch to get their.

It really is too far of a stretch

56BISON73
01-10-2012, 04:16 AM
You know Justin...you might have a point here. To the recruit who's really paying attention, it puts a little extra lustre on the Bison. Certainly doesn't hurt.

If there's a recruit in the cities who's thinking about MN, UNI, or the Bison...this whole thing helps.

Being National Champions will have a greater impact than a GSU team that most midwesterners have never heard of and you can bet the coaching staff wont use that comparison.

JustinTyem
01-10-2012, 04:19 AM
Being National Champions will have a greater impact than a GSU team that most midwesterners have never heard of and you can bet the coaching staff wont use that comparison.Ok,lets take the Horne(sp) who has a offer (and is now looking at some other schools),when you have to set down with a family about their student,PUT IT ALL ON THE LINE. We beat the shit out of a team that put 21 on bama and bama put a egg on LSU. That can HELP!!!!

NorthernBison
01-10-2012, 04:27 AM
Being National Champions will have a greater impact than a GSU team that most midwesterners have never heard of and you can bet the coaching staff wont use that comparison.

Agree. I wouldn't let my kid play for a coach dumb enough to use that comparison as a recruiting tool.

We will get our shot at the Alabama OC next year at CSU.

BisonTeacher
01-10-2012, 04:28 AM
I know it means we have a championship NO ONE can say we didn't earn on the field....something Bama might have a problem with.

Ditto this.

ndsubison1
01-10-2012, 04:32 AM

indiana state beat WKU

Thundering Herd
01-10-2012, 04:42 AM
Ok,lets take the Horne(sp) who has a offer (and is now looking at some other schools),when you have to set down with a family about their student,PUT IT ALL ON THE LINE. We beat the shit out of a team that put 21 on bama and bama put a egg on LSU. That can HELP!!!!
please,...please,... let this thread die. It's f'ing ridiculous!!!:facepalm:

56BISON73
01-10-2012, 04:42 AM
Ok,lets take the Horne(sp) who has a offer (and is now looking at some other schools),when you have to set down with a family about their student,PUT IT ALL ON THE LINE. We beat the shit out of a team that put 21 on bama and bama put a egg on LSU. That can HELP!!!!

It can?????????????????????????? If a recruiter said that to me I would show him the door.

Thundering Herd
01-10-2012, 04:49 AM
their interviewing saban right now and he said " Boy, it's sure gonna be hard to recruit against NDSU from here on out!". Most other FBS schools are probably thinking the same thing too!...wow. theoretical victories against bama using a common opponent would be retarded to use while recruiting. carry on...

JustinTyem
01-10-2012, 05:01 AM
their interviewing saban right now and he said " Boy, it's sure gonna be hard to recruit against NDSU from here on out!". Most other FBS schools are probably thinking the same thing too!...wow. theoretical victories against bama using a common opponent would be retarded to use while recruiting. carry on...IF GSU can put up 21 on bama,and we kicked the shit out of GSU,we can start recruiting some bigger(FBS recruits)players and bring over the FCS. My whole point is we can recruit just as good as Mid-Major(FBS) schools. And that NDSU could compete nicely in the bowl series,but stay in the FCS and get a nice run of championships going!!!!

DjKyRo
01-10-2012, 07:36 AM
Any recruiter that drops the comparative scoring index (i.e., we beat _____,, who beat/almost beat ____) is totally off their rocker. We have so many better things to pitch to student athletes than that.

To answer the original question, it doesn't reflect NDSU's recruiting in any way whatsoever.

MNLonghorn10
01-10-2012, 10:00 AM
I think that with Bama shutout of LSU can help the bison. For those kids who are thinking of taking a FBS team Walk-on or a scolly player that could be stuck in numbers,who would rather play and work for a championship,or would someone wanna go to like minny,Iowa,IowaState or other schools will never win a national championship. Thats just my opinion. Please work through my post,Sometimes things I post are hard to understand. Thanks,:) GO BISON!!!!!
Wtf did u just say? the answer is no

scbison91
01-10-2012, 12:17 PM
My brother just texted me and he said the Bison got 2 votes in final FBS poll ahead of of Penn State and Virginia.

JMB
01-10-2012, 12:24 PM
My brother just texted me and he said the Bison got 2 votes in final FBS poll ahead of of Penn State and Virginia.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/rankings/_/poll/1/week/1/seasontype/3

Go_Herd
01-10-2012, 04:12 PM
http://k.wigflip.com/BqzbASZp/wigflip-saywhat.jpg

MontanaBisonFan
01-10-2012, 04:46 PM
ESPN announcers may have helped recruiting in Montana.

They announced at the end of the game that Veldman was from Becker Montana.

My MT friends thought heard Decker Montana which is a small town (Population 96) just north of Sheridan WY.
South of Billings

So maybe we will get a good recruit from Billings, MT to follow the Decker MT player