PDA

View Full Version : National Championship: Day game or night game?

KSBisonFan
01-10-2012, 01:59 AM
Just curious as to what Bisonville thinks about the time of the NC game. Last year the game between Delaware and EWU was under the lights. We experienced a great game atmosphere during a day game. What game time would you prefer if we make it to Frisco again and why?

Bison 4 Life
01-10-2012, 02:06 AM
Just curious as to what Bisonville thinks about the time of the NC game. Last year the game between Delaware and EWU was under the lights. We experienced a great game atmosphere during a day game. What game time would you prefer if we make it to Frisco again and why?

I would have preferred night. We started tailgating way too early and had to wrap it up and go inside too early.

NDSUstudent
01-10-2012, 02:07 AM
I'd prefer a night game but with the NFL playoffs going Saturday night it just isn't a good idea. That said at least the game was finally played on a Saturday.

NDSUBowler
01-10-2012, 02:08 AM
Night. Need more time to tailgate. 8AM starts suck when you drink all night.

BisBison
01-10-2012, 02:09 AM
I also would have preferred a 3 or later start. But again with the NFL we have to bow to ESPN for TV ratings sake. The better they do at least in theory the more $$ the NCAA can dole out to the member schools. Who knows maybe next time the NCAA will even help us get our band down there without a major last minute fundraising effort like this year.

56BISON73
01-10-2012, 03:02 AM
3pm KO would have been great.

Bisonfan1
01-10-2012, 03:05 AM

100 % agree

tony
01-10-2012, 03:06 AM

Agreeeeeed.

BisonTeacher
01-10-2012, 04:23 AM
Agreeeeeed.

Same here. Even though we were watching from our house....we started home-gating at 9 and then all the sudden someone said...its 5 minutes to kickoff....3 would be great.

CaBisonFan
01-10-2012, 04:58 AM
The game started at 10 a.m. here. Wasn't sure if I should eat breakfast or...ah...just start drinking beer.

As far as watching on TV...the lights would have made us look even more awesome. The stadium decor was definitely set up to be beautiful under the lights.

Couldn't believe how much work they went to with the banners...screens...logos...etc. The whole thing was like a Christmas tree. Amazing

squarepeg
01-10-2012, 04:06 PM
I'd prefer a night game but with the NFL playoffs going Saturday night it just isn't a good idea. That said at least the game was finally played on a Saturday.

I would prefer back to Friday nights. Saturday made it easier for travel but Friday night there was nothing on TV. Saturday was full of NFL playoffs and NCAA basketball.

NDSUstudent
01-10-2012, 05:03 PM
I would prefer back to Friday nights. Saturday made it easier for travel but Friday night there was nothing on TV. Saturday was full of NFL playoffs and NCAA basketball.

The only game on during our game was some crap bowl game, the Cotton Bowl was on Friday night.

squarepeg
01-10-2012, 05:10 PM
The only game on during our game was some crap bowl game, the Cotton Bowl was on Friday night.

The Cotton Bowl was on Fox. There was nothing on ESPN Friday night.

NDSUstudent
01-10-2012, 05:12 PM
The Cotton Bowl was on Fox. There was nothing on ESPN during primetime Friday.

I'll gladly go up against the Compass Bowl on ESPN vs the Cotton Bowl on Fox. I want people to watch the game, and Arkansas-K-State is infinitely more exciting than Pitt-SMU for casual fans.

Honestly it is stupid to go up against a major bowl that is played within the same metro area. It is bad enough that they are on the same weekend.

squarepeg
01-10-2012, 05:22 PM
I'll gladly go up against the Compass Bowl on ESPN vs the Cotton Bowl on Fox. I want people to watch the game, and Arkansas-K-State is infinitely more exciting than Pitt-SMU for casual fans.

Honestly it is stupid to go up against a major bowl that is played within the same metro area. It is bad enough that they are on the same weekend.

They could easily start the game an hour earlier and be the only game on TV from 6 to 7 Friday night. 10am Saturday morning on the west coast is not a good time slot. With NFL playoffs and NCAA games we got bumped way down on sportscenter when we would have been a top story Friday night.

BraxtonT
01-16-2012, 01:22 AM

For those of us who went to both games, I hope the two games remain scheduled for the same weekend. To have experienced both atmospheres in one weekend makes for an incredible memory for this fan.

stevdock
01-16-2012, 02:56 AM
My opinion is it really doesn't matter as long as NDSU is in it. If we are not in it then I'd rather have it when it was since that is most likely to be the time I'd be able to catch it.

jimmyptubas
01-16-2012, 07:51 AM
I'm probably not in the majority opinion but I actually liked the time and date of the game. If it had been Friday night like the previous game, it would not have allowed for people to get to the game. Saturday at noon allows for both travel time and for those who want to watch the NFL games on afterward.

daddy daycare
01-16-2012, 01:05 PM
2 o clock would be perfect. That getting up at 7 still drunk was hard to deal with but I strapped it on like a tailgater should during the playoffs and got after it. The best part about the noon game was getting the W, hanging on the field for a half hour, hitting the lot for two hours, getting a good dinner in, and being exhausted and in bed by 10...no Sunday hangover.

Hammerhead
01-16-2012, 08:09 PM
I prefer afternoon games. I'm not sure there would be enough lighting in the parking lot areas for the whole tailgate town setup which was pretty cool.
A 3:00 CST kickoff would allow for all of the opening festivities to be in daylight with the trophy presentation under the lights.