PDA

View Full Version : Redshirts and Pierre

SamsRams
01-09-2012, 11:45 PM
Loved seeing all the redshirts front row in the endzone. But also thought i saw a pierre #2 on sideline and in some pics. Am I the only one? If not excited to think he is on track to play next year!!

KSBisonFan
01-10-2012, 12:12 AM
Loved seeing all the redshirts front row in the endzone. But also thought i saw a pierre #2 on sideline and in some pics. Am I the only one? If not excited to think he is on track to play next year!!
I agree, Tourguide. I thought it was really cool to have the redshirts in the stands cheering for their team. They were on the stadium board a couple times and were on the TV broadcast and were really getting into the game. Great experience for them.
My kid asked my why we don't have a #2 on our roster and you just answered his question. Thanks.

TateMosersneighbor
01-10-2012, 12:12 AM

On Go Bison dot com, the box score doesn't show him as a participant in the game. Of course that doesn't mean he wasn't on the sideline.

BisonPride72
01-10-2012, 02:05 AM

This is a Picture I took and you can see a #2 leaving the field in the top right corner (Sorry I can't figure out how to make picture bigger).

Mr. Burgundy
01-10-2012, 02:14 AM
Pierre is a great kid who got his grades up, and allowed to travel and dress. I am not sure if he was eligible to play or if they chose not to due to him not playing all year and not messing with a pretty amazing defense. I do know that putting him opposite Marcus is potentially silly good. Remember, Dudzik was originally a safety who I thought did a GREAT job at Corner this year. Playing opposite Marcus will get you picked on, and as a freshman he was terrific. We just get deeper and better with Pierre eligible again. He had some awesome quotes in the paper. Talking about how much he loves our fans....etc. Gotta root for this kid.

KSBisonFan
01-10-2012, 02:19 AM

This is a Picture I took and you can see a #2 leaving the field in the top right corner (Sorry I can't figure out how to make picture bigger).

Nice catch! Glad to see he was included in the festivities.

HandoEX
01-10-2012, 02:26 AM
Pierre is a fantastic CB and having him back could be absolutely huge for an already amazing defense. It's awesome to hear he is back!!!

HerdBot
01-10-2012, 04:33 AM
Loaded with talent. Wonder if a move to safety is in store for one of these guys? For the #2 nickel and dime spot we have Pierre Boyd Dudzik, Shepherd, Colvin , CJ Smith, and Champion . That's 7 guys for 3 spots but only 1 free safety on the roster. Dudzik started out as a safety and moved to corner out of what appeared to be need but he's actually been doing a great job and he's only a sophomore. I think he would be kick assets in a John Pike role. Good problem to have

CaBisonFan
01-10-2012, 04:52 AM

Thanks for this picture. I appreciate it. I haven't had much luck with posting larger pics either. Maybe someone would take this opportunity to teach us?

JSUBison
01-10-2012, 02:22 PM
Thanks for this picture. I appreciate it. I haven't had much luck with posting larger pics either. Maybe someone would take this opportunity to teach us?

When you upload the picture from a URL, uncheck the "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" option.

CivilBison96
01-10-2012, 02:25 PM
Does anyone have a complete list of redshirts pulled this year? The ones I remember; Moody, Grimm, Dinwiddie. I saw Horvath #99 was dressed on Saturday, did he ever play this year or does he still have 4 years of eligibilty?

Kermit
01-10-2012, 03:58 PM
Does anyone have a complete list of redshirts pulled this year? The ones I remember; Moody, Grimm, Dinwiddie. I saw Horvath #99 was dressed on Saturday, did he ever play this year or does he still have 4 years of eligibilty?

I don't think Horvath ever played.

GradBison
01-10-2012, 04:36 PM

I'm pretty sure that's Sam Ojuri in that picture, only one 2 out of his #22 is visible. If you like at the guy in front of him, it's Austin Richard, and only the 3 is visible out of his #63.

BisonPride72
01-10-2012, 04:49 PM
I'm pretty sure that's Sam Ojuri in that picture, only one 2 out of his #22 is visible. If you like at the guy in front of him, it's Austin Richard, and only the 3 is visible out of his #63.

I'm almost positive that is him since the 2 is centered right under the BISON on front but I'll post another picture to help you out. (Once again Crappy Picture bc the size is small, but that is a #2 standing on the far right of the bench, just believe me it is even though in the picture it looks like a 1)

stevdock
01-10-2012, 04:49 PM

Because the BISON is directly centered over the 2, I'm pretty sure that is Pierre. In one of the articles I read it sure sounded like Pierre would be allowed to dress but also made it sound there was very little chance he would play. Good for that kid to own up to the schoolwork but also he was also quite the mentor/player coach to help out the young guys.

Civil06
01-10-2012, 05:54 PM
It's definitely Pierre in the pictures. He stood right in front of me for most of the game and it took me forever to figure out who he was.

GradBison
01-10-2012, 06:24 PM
I'm almost positive that is him since the 2 is centered right under the BISON on front but I'll post another picture to help you out. (Once again Crappy Picture bc the size is small, but that is a #2 standing on the far right of the bench, just believe me it is even though in the picture it looks like a 1)

Because the BISON is directly centered over the 2, I'm pretty sure that is Pierre. In one of the articles I read it sure sounded like Pierre would be allowed to dress but also made it sound there was very little chance he would play. Good for that kid to own up to the schoolwork but also he was also quite the mentor/player coach to help out the young guys.

It's definitely Pierre in the pictures. He stood right in front of me for most of the game and it took me forever to figure out who he was.

I'm wrong, you're all right.

I'll take my punishment now. :)

Yellow
01-10-2012, 07:10 PM
How many years would Pierre have left?

daddy daycare
01-11-2012, 12:45 AM
Gfbison posted a ton of pictures. Page 34, #2 is clearing standing there.

tolnabison
01-11-2012, 12:56 AM
#99 Horvath, #33 Jones, and #11 Wentz dressed every home game we had this year. They all did not participate in any of the games, but must of been dressed in case of they needed to play and get their redshirts pulled.

Also, Pierre was ineligible to play the fall semester, and is eligible to participate in the spring semester. If I remember right, he played as a true freshman, and last year before breaking his arm. I heard this year, he missed the season due to an academic issue, he was able to use his academic redshirt this year and still have two years left of eligibility. So I am thinking since he is eligible to play this spring, he was able to dress with the team during the game.

tony
01-11-2012, 12:57 AM
#99 Horvath, #33 Jones, and #11 Wentz dressed every home game we had this year. They all did not participate in any of the games, but must of been dressed in case of they needed to play and get their redshirts pulled.

Also, Pierre was ineligible to play the fall semester, and is eligible to participate in the spring semester. If I remember right, he played as a true freshman, and last year before breaking his arm. I heard this year, since it was an academic issure, he was able to use his academic redshirt this year and still have two years left of eligibility. So I am thinking since he is eligible to play this spring, he was able to dress with the team.

Yeah, Pierre's situation is an interesting one... Hopefully he has three years left but, hey, if he dressed, he gets a ring!

SamsRams
01-11-2012, 01:10 AM

Well not every home game as Wentz was not dressed for Frisco. But i just considered Frisco a home game since NDSU had more fans and was the home team :)