PDA

View Full Version : Gateway Football Patches

ndsubison
03-19-2007, 04:02 PM
Is anybody else here besides myself interested in obtaining a Gateway patch to sew onto their football jersey? I wear mine every gameday, home or away and I think it would be pretty cool to have the same patch the players do. I had a Great West patch and it really made the jersey look authentic and I got lots of compliments when people saw it. I'd like to do the same with the Gateway. I e-mailed Brian Gorder and Patty Viverito requesting info on how/where to get one. I know some of you on here are connected to staff/personnel so could you look into it? Maybe even see if we can have them for sale at the Spring Game???? I'm sure people would buy them. What do you think??

GO BISON!!

Go_Herd
03-19-2007, 04:07 PM
Great Idea, My Joe Mays jersey could use one.

tcbison
03-19-2007, 04:37 PM
Is anybody else here besides myself interested in obtaining a Gateway patch to sew onto their football jersey? *I wear mine every gameday, home or away and I think it would be pretty cool to have the same patch the players do. *I had a Great West patch and it really made the jersey look authentic and I got lots of compliments when people saw it. *I'd like to do the same with the Gateway. *I e-mailed Brian Gorder and Patty Viverito requesting info on how/where to get one. *I know some of you on here are connected to staff/personnel so could you look into it? *Maybe even see if we can have them for sale at the Spring Game???? *I'm sure people would buy them. *What do you think??

GO BISON!!

I have a Great West patch as well. If you find out how to get a Gateway patch please let me know. Last time I had a friend call the Mid-Con and they just send them in the mail to us. I would like to buy some for me and for other Bison friends who have the jerseys.

ndsubison
03-19-2007, 04:46 PM
I just got a repsonse e-mail from Brian Gordon (not Gorder :-[). *He said he will not be ordering any Gateway patches until July of 2008 but that Great West patches will be for sale at this yr's Spring Game. *I would assume that by now you could buy one of the 'game-worn' jerseys with a Great West patch already sewn onto it. Guess one might have to pursue the Gateway offices directly. *I'm on it and will relay all info back here when I can. *

Go_Herd
03-19-2007, 05:37 PM
*He said he will not be ordering any Gateway patches until July of 2008 but that Great West patches will be for sale at this yr's Spring Game. *I would assume that by now you could buy one of the 'game-worn' jerseys with a Great West patch already sewn onto it.*

Never been to the spring game. When is it scheduled for? How are the jerseys sold, just a table sitting outside--cash only?
How many jerseys do they have, home and away?

roadwarrior
03-19-2007, 06:38 PM
Last year, there was quite an assortment of used gear for sale in the lobby of the Fargodome prior to the spring game. *There were lots of used football jerseys for sale. *(Probably the hot item) *I bought an awesome Bison Basketball hooded sweatshirt that looked as good as new for $10. *I'm pretty sure they accepted credit cards as well as cash.

April 21st is the date.

Its great to see more people interested in the spring game.

ndsubison
03-19-2007, 11:52 PM
*He said he will not be ordering any Gateway patches until July of 2008 but that Great West patches will be for sale at this yr's Spring Game. *I would assume that by now you could buy one of the 'game-worn' jerseys with a Great West patch already sewn onto it.*

Never been to the spring game. *When is it scheduled for? *How are the jerseys sold, just a table sitting outside--cash only?
How many jerseys do they have, home and away?

They do have a good assortment of gear at the Spring Game. Last year, I bought a game-worn jersey and paid with my debit card. I'm sure credit cards and cash will also be fine, but I don't know their policy on paper checks. I would recommend getting there early before items get picked over so you can get the cool stuff or maybe snag a particular numbered jersey. I got there a bit too late last year and didn't get my Joe Mays jersey.

TheDoctor
03-20-2007, 04:18 AM

My Joe Mays jersey has one! *;) *::)

I got the REAL DEAL at the spring game last year!

P.S.- Any (newer than were sold last year) jerseys being sold this year? *In other words, the newest jerseys sold last year were the road jerseys from Joe's freshman year. *Will newer jerseys be sold this year? *I may have to get there early! *;)

tcbison
03-04-2008, 02:31 PM
Update on this. Green-N-Gold called on the Gateway patches and this is what he found out:

I just spoke with a guy at the conference and at this time they are pretty sure that the name will be changing and they will be getting new patches. He also said that they don't have any "NDSU" Gateway patches right now anyway. By NDSU patches he meant one's that match our jerseys since this conference "colorizes" them to match for each school, unlike the GWFC where they were all red/white and blue. He said he would have the new ones either way the name goes in early June.

Gully
03-04-2008, 02:33 PM

Joe Mays didn't play in the Gateway.

TheDoctor
03-04-2008, 03:19 PM
Joe Mays didn't play in the Gateway.

Um...ok....you guys dug up a thread last posted in a year ago. Anyway, I read this thread from beginning to end and as I was reading, I noticed I posted assuming they were talking about GW patches, not Gateway when I said mine has one. I think when the person that posted that his "Joe Mays jersey could use one", he meant that he wanted to put the patch on his jersey for the upcoming season (which was 2007) to signify his excitement about our acceptance into the conference and not that Joe was going to be playing in the conference. ;)

tcbison
03-04-2008, 03:30 PM
I dug it up because of an update on the patches. I thought it was interesting that they are using colorized patches and that they believe the name will change.

Gully
03-04-2008, 03:37 PM
Um...ok....you guys dug up a thread last posted in a year ago. Anyway, I read this thread from beginning to end and as I was reading, I noticed I posted assuming they were talking about GW patches, not Gateway when I said mine has one. I think when the person that posted that his "Joe Mays jersey could use one", he meant that he wanted to put the patch on his jersey for the upcoming season (which was 2007) to signify his excitement about our acceptance into the conference and not that Joe was going to be playing in the conference. ;)

I see....that makes sense now..I guess I didn't read closely enough.

SDbison
03-04-2008, 04:04 PM
I dug it up because of an update on the patches. I thought it was interesting that they are using colorized patches and that they believe the name will change.
I thought they were contemplating a change to the design of the logo, not a name change for the Gateway. That would make more sense. Anybody else recall this?

tcbison
03-04-2008, 04:08 PM
I thought they were contemplating a change to the design of the logo, not a name change for the Gateway. That would make more sense. Anybody else recall this?

There has been rumors for quite a while that the name will change to Missouri Valley Football conference.

SDbison
03-04-2008, 04:11 PM
There has been rumors for quite a while that the name will change to Missouri Valley Football conference.
I hope it is just called the Missouri Valley Conference (Football)
MVC sounds better than MVFC.

tcbison
03-04-2008, 04:13 PM
I hope it is just called the Missouri Valley Conference (Football)
MVC sounds better than MVFC.

You are probably right. I was just guessing on the football part of it. My mistake.

Green-N-Gold
03-04-2008, 04:15 PM
You are probably right. I was just guessing on the football part of it. My mistake.

Missouri Valley will be in the name as hinted by the gentleman I spoke with at the Gateway.

And I too like the idea of color-matched conference patches.

Herd
03-05-2008, 12:01 AM
I sure hope that we will become an affiliate member of the Missouri Valley. That would be too good to be true, and full membership within 5 years would probably be a realistic goal. Man, would that be awesome!

Jdubs21
03-05-2008, 02:33 AM
I'll have to invest in a jersey maybe....but not sure if i wanna give up my gold bison shirt.....hmmmmmm

Hammersmith
03-05-2008, 02:45 AM
I sure hope that we will become an affiliate member of the Missouri Valley. That would be too good to be true, and full membership within 5 years would probably be a realistic goal. Man, would that be awesome!

From some news reports, Valley members are pretty adamant about the name change not extending to affiliate status. They don't mind the football schools using elements of the MVC name to improve recognition, but they insist on a continued seperation between the two conferences. Expect the name to be the MVFC, but everyone will refer to it as "The Valley" or "Missouri Valley Football". I'm hoping for full MVC membership in 7-10 years, but it's just hope; I won't be holding my breath.

IBleedYellow
03-06-2008, 02:34 AM
I would love a sticker for my car window. Too!

BisBison
03-06-2008, 04:49 AM
From some news reports, Valley members are pretty adamant about the name change not extending to affiliate status. They don't mind the football schools using elements of the MVC name to improve recognition, but they insist on a continued seperation between the two conferences. Expect the name to be the MVFC, but everyone will refer to it as "The Valley" or "Missouri Valley Football". I'm hoping for full MVC membership in 7-10 years, but it's just hope; I won't be holding my breath.

agreed Hammer, but in the meantime I'm looking forward to the Summit League as it strives to improve year to year.

bisonmike2
03-06-2008, 03:01 PM

I hope they don't refer to it as the Valley. Missouri Valley Football isn't bad but the Valley sounds too teenage girlish.

Jdubs21
03-07-2008, 11:49 PM
they should have the word elite in the conference name :)....or jsut have it "The Elite Conference"

Green-N-Gold
06-02-2008, 07:40 PM
Update: Spoke with my contact today at the Gateway about the conference patches for our jerseys. He said the presidents meet this Friday and will finalize the name change decision; either to stay as the Gateway or change to the MVFC. He thought the new patches would be available around July 1. He said they have a new logo developed for the new name "in case" it gets changed.

Herd
06-02-2008, 11:11 PM
Warning to the Missouri Valley Conference non-football members: "Don't crack the door for the Bison, because we'll smash it down!!. If you don't want to be looking over your shoulder, don't crack that door!!".

We're Com'in, We're Com'in!!!

Green-N-Gold
07-08-2008, 05:08 PM
For anyone wondering: I spoke with Mike at the MVFC today and the Bison-specific colored patches will be available August 1. There will be different home and away patches to match the jerseys. Should look pretty sharp.