PDA

View Full Version : Four Days In Frisco

gizmo
01-09-2012, 01:59 PM
Day 1: We were lucky, or smart(?), enough to be on a charter flight. We were very impressed with how well EB Sports ran the excursion. It was becoming obvious that the Bison Nation was going to take over the Frisco area for the weekend.

Day #2: Hordes of Green and Gold everywhere we went. We took a bus tour of Dallas to kill the morning. It was ok, nothing special. Dallas doesn't have much history too show off beyond the JFK assassination area but they are proud of the new stuff they build. Excitement built throughout day for the Bison pep rally at the Marriott hotel, where we were staying. The crowd was incredible!

Game Day: Went through tailgate area. Bison fans everywhere. Not too sure who we were playing judging by the colors of the fans we saw. Bison had us worried for awhile...no offense and mistake prone. Defense kept us in it. In the end, however, we won and we were elated! Yeah baby! NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!!!!

Day #4: Charter flight not scheduled to leave until 8 PM. Killed some time at a mall. Arrived at airport 2 1/2 hours before flight....another opportunity to drink even more beer and eat like a pig. C'mon man...let's go home before I explode! ! Watched Broncos beat Steelers. I'm a fan of anybody playing the Steelers, Packers or Fighting Wioux so I was happy with that. Back in Fargo by 10:30....only 400 miles to drive home. It was a great weekend!

lakesbozo
01-09-2012, 10:49 PM
Been home a day now. wish I was back there. Great times with family.

PaBizon
01-09-2012, 11:27 PM
Not sure how you could cram any more fun into a 4 day trip but I'm sure willing to give it a try again next year. Thanks to all the great Bizon fans I met for making this trip a memorable one.

Strommer10
01-10-2012, 02:55 AM
Best four days of my life. I miss Dallas. :( :smh: :mad:

UncleBuck
01-11-2012, 02:14 AM
Where we went, I saw Arkansas Red, Kansas State Purple and Silver, and Bison Green and Gold.

Didn't see any Bearkat Orange until at the stadium.

Hammerhead
01-11-2012, 02:35 AM
We were behind a Bearkat minivan on the tollway up from DFW on gameday. Saw a few Bison fans inside DFW and at the rental car area. It was mostly people staring at our NDSU gear trying to figure out what team we were supporting. At least the employees at Friday's in the airport knew we were going home happy with our team winning the day before.

IndyBison
01-11-2012, 04:51 PM
We were behind a Bearkat minivan on the tollway up from DFW on gameday. Saw a few Bison fans inside DFW and at the rental car area. It was mostly people staring at our NDSU gear trying to figure out what team we were supporting. At least the employees at Friday's in the airport knew we were going home happy with our team winning the day before.
Had a guy see us wearing green and yellow and he had to look to see what team it was. His comment, "I thought maybe the Green Bay Packers were in town. At least then there would be 1 NFL team here."

CaBisonFan
01-11-2012, 05:50 PM
Had a guy see us wearing green and yellow and he had to look to see what team it was. His comment, "I thought maybe the Green Bay Packers were in town. At least then there would be 1 NFL team here."

....gold....

BlueBisonRock
01-11-2012, 06:12 PM
....gold....

....Yellow....