PDA

View Full Version : an outsiders perspective

Cams
01-08-2012, 09:28 PM
OK I'll come clean.... I'm the sports photographer for the University of Delaware, I shot this game for the web site www.collegesportingnews.com

Here is the gallery http://www.markcamphotos.com/Sports/Football/FCS-Championship-NDS-vs-SHS-1/20947649_nMs63L#!i=1664132177&k=KGdG7br

I always thought that UD fans were the most passionate, I stand corrected. Bison fans are amazing, very knowledgeable, and hospitable and intense (if that's possible). I've been covering the FCS-IAA championship game since 2005 back in Chattanooga, never seen such loyal and loud fans that had to travel such a long distance.

Your team reflects your spirit..... Good luck next year, maybe we'll meet in the playoffs at some point.

Mark Campbell

GCWaters
01-08-2012, 09:40 PM
Thanks for the kind words--and great pictures!!

KSBisonFan
01-08-2012, 09:41 PM
Great shots, Mark.

#24 and 26 are my favorites!

BisonTeacher
01-08-2012, 09:44 PM
Great shots!

Loud and Proud Bison fan
01-08-2012, 09:47 PM
Thank you for sharing your pictures with us. You took some great ones, also thanks for the kind words!

THEsocalledfan
01-08-2012, 09:48 PM
OK I'll come clean.... I'm the sports photographer for the University of Delaware, I shot this game for the web site www.collegesportingnews.com

Here is the gallery http://www.markcamphotos.com/Sports/Football/FCS-Championship-NDS-vs-SHS-1/20947649_nMs63L#!i=1664132177&k=KGdG7br

I always thought that UD fans were the most passionate, I stand corrected. Bison fans are amazing, very knowledgeable, and hospitable and intense (if that's possible). I've been covering the FCS-IAA championship game since 2005 back in Chattanooga, never seen such loyal and loud fans that had to travel such a long distance.

Your team reflects your spirit..... Good luck next year, maybe we'll meet in the playoffs at some point.

Mark Campbell

How many fans did Delaware bring to the title?

BisonVifte
01-08-2012, 09:48 PM
nice pics thanks for sharing

tony
01-08-2012, 10:24 PM
How many fans did Delaware bring to the title?

I bet if they had to wait over two decades for a national title game, Delaware would bring a ton of people too. Wow, that was a long wait.

Still want to see Delware v Eastern Kentucky, Colonel vs the Chickens, The Ultimate Grudge Match, KFC style.

Cams
01-08-2012, 11:57 PM
In response to the question, last year Delaware brought about 6 to 7 thousand to Frisco....by my estimate NDSU brought about 11k.

THEsocalledfan
01-09-2012, 12:04 AM
In response to the question, last year Delaware brought about 6 to 7 thousand to Frisco....by my estimate NDSU brought about 11k.

You have to understand, I know zero about your school. Is it not that big? I guess I thought an East coast school would have a ton of alumni.

MAKBison
01-09-2012, 12:22 AM
#26 and #53 were my favorites----all good pics

tony
01-09-2012, 12:49 AM
You have to understand, I know zero about your school. Is it not that big? I guess I thought an East coast school would have a ton of alumni.

Delaware has around 20,000 students and is very highly ranked, same Carnegie research classification as NDSU but more selective with admissions. Delaware has 6 national titles to their name. 4 in the college division, 1 in D2, and 1 in the FCS.

NDSU's "College Division" titles were in 1965, 1968, and 1969. Delaware's "College Division" titles were in 1946, 1963, 1971, and 1972. Kind of interesting that from 1963 to 1972, 6 out of the 10 college division national titles went to either NDSU or Delaware.

cbline
01-09-2012, 01:16 AM
Love the photos of the fans' facial expressions as they are running onto the field! What adulation! Thanks for sharing the great shots.

Strommer10
01-10-2012, 05:02 AM
#41 is my favorite cuz I'm in it. :D Nice pics!

CaBisonFan
01-10-2012, 05:12 AM
#26 and #53 were my favorites----all good pics

It's a different culture. I've been there...and it's a great place...imo

NDSU has lived & breathed football for so long...and it has a memory of a filthy-rich tradition that few schools can claim. It carries a lot of weight...& the Bison are our version of the Green Bay Packers. Nothing to do with the colors...everything to do with the Bison being thee football program in the region...including MN. Small city (by national standards)...strong work ethic...lots of great small towns around it...& loyalty up the wing wang.

SamsRams
01-10-2012, 05:33 AM
I bet if they had to wait over two decades for a national title game, Delaware would bring a ton of people too. Wow, that was a long wait.

I agree Delaware would have more fans if it had been a long wait, but at the same time there is a culture at NDSU that if fans gotta wait til Frisco next year to win another national championship, then that is too long of a wait also.

Mark Campbell

51 is awesome, I sure wouldnt wanna see Perry with that look coming at me
32 is my favorite with Brock and my favorite Ram holding down the line

as for the distance, if the two red rivers were connected I bet we woulda seen more fans. when you are counting your 11k i am pretty sure there were another 1k bison outside stadium and not a single bearkitty fan.
Really cool to hear your take on things. I know what Bison fans are like so I did my best to talk to anyone in neutral colors. I stood on the front step of some beer bar in Plano and said Go Bison to every person walking by for at least 3 hours. I had a blast talking to people who had no idea who we were and why Bison fans were in town. I taught every little kid the Go Bison horns and told them how NDSU would be a great school for them to go to college at. Talking to vendors and they were all secret NDSU fans as the crowd set the tone and the amount Bison fans tipped iced the cake.

NFH Schlüssel
01-10-2012, 03:07 PM
Great pix! Don't ever go over to ESPN, they suck! I thought they were bad on Sat., but last night proved it!
I would also enjoy a UD-NDSU game, but played in DE. Then my wife would let me go! (The Fatherland teaches them to be so controlling!)