PDA

View Full Version : Spring Practice

Bison_Dan
03-20-2007, 12:40 PM
Which young players do you think will surprise (impress) the coaches this spring?

mn_bison_
03-20-2007, 01:05 PM
Defense: *A couple recruits from the north... *Matt Anderson & Matt Gratzek. *I am hoping they give Anderson a look to try and replace Dahl. *He was a sprinter in high school, so his speed shouldn't be an issue, even if he has bulked up. *Gratzek can be included in the battle to replace Frick.

Offense: *Gary Williams - Use his speed to open the rest of the field...

Bison_Dan
03-20-2007, 01:11 PM
Defense: *A couple recruits from the north... *Matt Anderson & Matt Gratzek. *I am hoping they give Anderson a look to try and replace Dahl. *He was a sprinter in high school, so his speed shouldn't be an issue, even if he has bulked up. *Gratzek can be included in the battle to replace Frick.

Offense: *Gary Williams - Use his speed to open the rest of the field...

I have a feeling that they're grooming Anderson for the Joe's position. ;)

Kermit_clone
03-20-2007, 02:29 PM
I have a feeling that they're grooming Anderson for the Joe's position. * ;)

Very possible. But that might not be a good enough reason to keep Anderson off the field this year if he turns out to be one of the best eleven defensive football players. The safety situation was a little scary in the SDSU game last fall without Schommer in the lineup. That said, I don't really know what positions Anderson is or isn't suited to play.

2006gwfcchamps
03-20-2007, 02:38 PM
I think he'll make a great OLB.

Remember that Humber and Maresh will graduate in 08.

99Bison
03-20-2007, 08:33 PM
Joe's current backup is very good now. Safety is of concern as well as eventually the LB's.

sambini
03-20-2007, 08:48 PM
Matt is going to work for us this summer. He is a backup at mike linebacker.