PDA

View Full Version : GOOD LUCK TODAY, BSU fan

ACECON
01-07-2012, 03:20 PM
In case you didn't know NDSU has many fans in Idaho, especially Boise. Most of us are from around the Fargo area, myself, Elbow Lake, Minnesota. We will be watching the game. You looked good against Georgia Southern, the only game I was able to watch. really sucks that the FCS isn't covered more.

Today's game will bring back great memories from 1980 when BSU won it against Eastern Kentucky. Nail biter. It was kind of one of those warm fuzzy feelings that don't come along that often.

Do you have any idea how many BISON will make the pilgrimage to Frisco?

CaBisonFan
01-07-2012, 03:23 PM
In case you didn't know NDSU has many fans in Idaho, especially Boise. Most of us are from around the Fargo area, myself, Elbow Lake, Minnesota. We will be watching the game. You looked good against Georgia Southern, the only game I was able to watch. really sucks that the FCS isn't covered more.

Today's game will bring back great memories from 1980 when BSU won it against Eastern Kentucky. Nail biter. It was kind of one of those warm fuzzy feelings that don't come along that often.

It'd be fun to play Boise St in the coming few years. Some estimates are in the 10,000 range. Another estimate is that it could have doubled if more tickets were available. SHSU had the luxury of knowing that they were in the NC game before we did, and got a nice jump on the seats that weren't allocated to any school.

For me, today's game brings back memories from our previous 8 national titles, when DII was the equivalent of DI-AA (FCS)...besides the 2 or 3 that we didn't win...besides 8 or 10 others where we came close to getting into the NC game.

Thanks for the interest. I watched BSU a couple of times this year. They looked good. Question: Did Boise St have to serve any time in ncaa purgatory...meaning transition years?

1bizon1
01-07-2012, 03:23 PM
I have heard from 10-15k. Many that could not get game tix are going to warch the game at local watering holes around Frisco and the stadium. Welcome to BV and GO BIZON!

Ginsbach
01-07-2012, 03:58 PM

I think I might be the only Bison fan in Pocatello, though.

ACECON
01-07-2012, 04:00 PM
CaBisonFan: I don't remember any transition period, we weren't good enough to worry about it at the time. BSU has only been Di1A(FBS) since 1996, befor that I-AA (78-95). We also were National Champs. as a JC earlier. How long has NDSU been (FCS)? I always get you guys confused with UND. I'm talking football now, I know Hockey is a whole different story.

LKB
01-07-2012, 09:38 PM
Congrats Bison fans! I had a feeling it wouldn't be long before you guys won an FCS title. So much for a long transition, huh?

You fans were loud during that game......there had to be at least 5K-7K fans, maybe even more in Frisco.

ACECON
01-07-2012, 10:04 PM
Great game today. certainly held them on defense. I haven't looked at a roster, but who are you losing? Are you having a good recruiting year. This will
help that tremendously . Again, congratulations. Oh, almost forgot have you entertained the idea of a live Mascot? I still haven't figured out how the six
guys from Colorado hold on to theirs.

56BISON73
01-08-2012, 02:14 AM
It'd be fun to play Boise St in the coming few years. Some estimates are in the 10,000 range. Another estimate is that it could have doubled if more tickets were available. SHSU had the luxury of knowing that they were in the NC game before we did, and got a nice jump on the seats that weren't allocated to any school.

For me, today's game brings back memories from our previous 8 national titles, when DII was the equivalent of DI-AA (FCS)...besides the 2 or 3 that we didn't win...besides 8 or 10 others where we came close to getting into the NC game.

Thanks for the interest. I watched BSU a couple of times this year. They looked good. Question: Did Boise St have to serve any time in ncaa purgatory...meaning transition years?

Even though they knew they were in the playoffs before we did they sure as hell didnt take advantage of it. There were way more Bison fans than there were SHSU.

1998braves64
01-08-2012, 02:38 AM
My guess on bison fans would have been 11,000-12,000 (of 20,500+) At first glance it looked close to 50-50 but there were a couple sections with pretty heavy NDSU colors on the SHSU side, but also noticed a section(s) that had a fair amount of SHSU fans on the NDSU side (anybody know what happened there?) seemed like our fans were a little more into the game but obviously it sounded louder on our side just curious what SHSU fans thought of our noise? They seemed to be the loudest when Flanders would get loose for a 10+ yard run imo.

MNLonghorn10
01-08-2012, 04:31 AM
we were on the shsu sideline, on the endzone. the whole ndsu side was all green and gold besides obviously here and there. the shsu had obvious patches of green and gold.

id say it was 55-45, or 60-40 ndsu.

not bad for a school who had to travel 1200 miles, compared to 200.

imagine if that game was in...say...omaha. :rofl: ndsu has such a great following.

tojo70
01-08-2012, 04:57 AM
On TV is sounded much louder when SHSU had the ball as opposed to when NDSU had the ball