PDA

View Full Version : Not a lot of love from Goopherland

TheBisonator
01-05-2012, 09:28 PM
Still butthurt from Beating #2 that we gave them in September. I guess Lakes is the SOLE reason why fans of all other college teams have to despise the Bison. I did not know one man had that power.

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boards/showthread.php?35243-Bison-in-championship-game-this-Saturday

(this should probably be in smack, but the only stuff going on in smack recently is TAB's long-ass thread and The Thread To Nowhere)

JMB
01-05-2012, 10:07 PM
Why do we expect them to have any significant interest to us? How would we react to University of Minnesota Duluth Bulldog fans coming on Bisonville and wanting to talk about their teams run in the playoffs? Would we care?

HerdBot
01-05-2012, 10:40 PM
Why do we expect them to have any significant interest to us? How would we react to University of Minnesota Duluth Bulldog fans coming on Bisonville and wanting to talk about their teams run in the playoffs? Would we care?

if we played and lost to them twice absolutely! Problem is we will never play a D2 team again . scholarship disparities make a d2 upset of an fcs team a big time upset.
63 split
20-30

BisoninNWMN
01-05-2012, 10:42 PM
if we played and lost to them twice absolutely! Problem is we will never play a D2 team again . scholarship disparities make a d2 upset of an fcs team a big time upset.

IMO, we would beat the Gophers 8-9 times out of 10 this year.

CaBisonFan
01-05-2012, 10:44 PM
Gopher fans don't limit their disrespect to NDSU. They have a thing about North Dakota in general. They also have a thing about rural communities in Minnesota. Gopherland is an elitist society, mostly involving the Twin Cities.

If anyone thinks that their disrespect for the state of North Dakota is limited to a few trolls, think again. I have several friends & relatives from the cities. They have it too.

Whenever we beat MN...we get the 'we sucked' thing. It's rarely 'congratulations.' They don't know how to win...and they surely don't know how to lose. One would think that they would at least know how to lose by now. Gopher football...snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

HerdBot
01-05-2012, 10:44 PM
IMO, we would beat the Gophers 8-9 times out of 10 this year.

we would beat MANY FBS teams this year .

CaBisonFan
01-05-2012, 10:48 PM
we would beat MANY FBS teams this year .

As I surfed through the myriad of bowl games this past month, I said to myself..."self, we're at least as good as anyone that I saw."

And we would beat many of those teams on a regular basis. I'm not limiting this to the smaller bowl games. If we had their number of schollies, we'd also have the depth to match them.

Just a small handful of the elite FBS schools would dominate us...but it wouldn't be as bad as one would think. I'd cite Oregon & Oklahoma St. as two programs that I wouldn't wanna play right now.

devin45k
01-05-2012, 10:48 PM
Minnesotans (Twin Cities mostly) are condescending to most other places without ever knowing what the other place is like. Since I have been here, I have noticed the elitists attitudes they have towards most other cities/states. The "Minnesota Nice" thing also comes to mind.

devin45k
01-05-2012, 10:51 PM
Also.....no need to talk about this.....It is championship week

HerdBot
01-05-2012, 11:20 PM
As I surfed through the myriad of bowl games this past month, I said to myself..."self, we're at least as good as anyone that I saw."

And we would beat many of those teams on a regular basis. I'm not limiting this to the smaller bowl games. If we had their number of schollies, we'd also have the depth to match them.

Just a small handful of the elite FBS schools would dominate us...but it wouldn't be as bad as one would think. I'd cite Oregon & Oklahoma St. as two programs that I wouldn't wanna play right now.

not to mention home games

Panthers are king
01-05-2012, 11:20 PM
I would rather watch FCS anyway.

KSBisonFan
01-05-2012, 11:47 PM
Also.....no need to talk about this.....It is championship week
^^^^^^^This x 1000000000! We don't need to care about their opinion of us now or ever! Scoreboard!!

VanClubPres
01-06-2012, 12:00 AM
^^^^^^^This x 1000000000! We don't need to care about their opinion of us now or ever! Scoreboard!!

Huzzah!!!!

TateMosersneighbor
01-06-2012, 01:57 AM
Roughly 225 miles is the closet the University of Mediocrity will get to a championship in Football.

daddy daycare
01-06-2012, 11:36 AM
I am a Bison fan first. I am also a Gopher fan. What sucks for the Gopher fan part of me is that I think that Kill will improve their program, but what does that get them? In the end probably at a max the Mason years...a mediocre bowl year after year after year.

WYOBISONMAN
01-06-2012, 11:40 AM
Who the hell cares what Gopher fans think. We play them like once every 3 or 4 years. I am focused on the game Saturday in Texas......

Wally
01-06-2012, 11:46 AM
Who the hell cares what Gopher fans think. We play them like once every 3 or 4 years. I am focused on the game Saturday in Texas......

++++++++++++++++