PDA

View Full Version : Bison counting on Jensen's leadership

JustinTyem
01-05-2012, 05:31 AM
Jensen's journey from Waupaca to Fargo, N.D., received a boost from a former area high school football player. Tim Polasek played high school football at Iola-Scandinavia and is in his sixth season with the Bison as an assistant coach and recruiter.

Polasek, always on the lookout for high school talent, found out about Jensen through Comet coach John Koronkiewicz.

"He did a good job of making us aware of Brock," he said. "When we signed him, he was No. 2 or No. 3 on our board. I think we offered (scholarships) to three quarterbacks ahead of him." http://www.waupacanow.com/sports/bison-counting-on-jensens-leadership-----jcpg-251777-136673673.html

stevdock
01-05-2012, 12:02 PM
Whether he was 2 or 3 on the board or offering scholarships to 3 QB's ahead of him, we definitely got our guy. There is no one I'd rather have under center for this team than Brock. After his first pass, I think we will see the Brock from the beginning of the season and he will lead the offense to TD after TD and hopefully National Championship #9.

NDSU_grad
01-05-2012, 01:36 PM
I will never forget the qb recruiting that year. Like coach Polasek said, I think there were three qb's offerred ahead of Brock. I know when Brock signed I was thinking he might have the potential to play as a senior, junior if he really worked hard. It just shows what a crapshoot recruiting is (especially qb's).

AjaxTheMighty
01-05-2012, 02:17 PM
I would love to know who those 2 or 3 QBs offered ahead of him were.

Bison06
01-05-2012, 02:18 PM

One of the kids went to Central Michigan if I remember correctly.

Bison06
01-05-2012, 02:20 PM
One of the kids went to Central Michigan if I remember correctly.

Looking back I think I have it.

Anders Lee was one of them, he committed to play hockey at Notre Dame.

AJ Westendorp was the other one, he is currently at Central Michigan.

Looks like Westendorp has been playing some TE and special teams, he is currently the backup QB on the roster.

Anders Lee is having a great hockey career at Notre Dame and was name CCHA freshman of the year.

Sure am glad we ended up with Brock that's for damn sure.

Kermit
01-05-2012, 02:23 PM

AJ Westendorp went to Central Michigan. Anders Lee of Edina went to Notre Dame for hockey. By the time Westendorp committed to CMU, Brock was next on the list.

tony
01-05-2012, 02:36 PM

I think it was two. Anders Lee from Edina and A.J. Westendorp from Holland, MI.

Anders Lee is playing hockey for Notre Dame (and doing well).

Westendorp was immediately converted to TE but got back to QB and is now the backup and played a little... only passed four times, 2 INTs, 1 completion for a -66.6 QB rating - obviously the sample size is too small to mean much other than he was throwing INTs in garbage time (which is horrible.) On the plus side, he's averaging 8 ypc.

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?14825-2009-Recruiting-Quick-Reference