PDA

View Full Version : Road Warrior lookin' good in the Foolum

Da_Bizon
01-05-2012, 01:59 AM
It appears that Road has arrived: http://www.inforum.com/event/photogallery/id/2192/. 8th picture in the set, I believe.

17>1
01-05-2012, 02:02 AM
Ok, these got my heart racing. Sooooooooooooooooo jacked for this game!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Da_Bizon
01-05-2012, 02:50 AM
I'm not real sure I'm gonna get a whole lot of work done tomorrow.

Trim
01-05-2012, 02:56 AM
Road looks like he's ready to kick some ass.

BISONBRI53
01-05-2012, 03:42 AM
I'm not real sure I'm gonna get a whole lot of work done tomorrow.

I hear ya! The whole week has been a struggle!

Wally
01-05-2012, 08:47 AM
Nice work

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/346126/

DjKyRo
01-05-2012, 11:33 AM
Per the article:

“That will be interesting to see,” said Leech, who indicated it may be difficult to bump up the allotment. “Will this strictly be an NDSU phenomenon. Because how many years will we have followings like NDSU has? That’s always a difficult question to answer. I know it can be frustrating for fans, but it’s a good problem to have.”

The obvious answer is that NDSU just needs to make the title game every year. No problem!

SamsRams
01-05-2012, 11:42 AM
I love road shined a light on the potential for empty seats. I still believe the ncaa has screwed something up

IndyBison
01-05-2012, 12:47 PM
Per the article and a previous thread, it doesn't look like Vegas submitted a bid.

What Bison fans can be assured of is next year’s championship game will be in Frisco – the final year of a three-year contract in which Frisco outbid the likes of Chattanooga, Little Rock, Missoula and Spokane.

It doesn't appear to be an event the major metro areas are pursuing. I know this is in Dallas but the bid was probably submitted by Frisco and not the Dallas sports authority.

mebisonII
01-05-2012, 12:52 PM
Per the article and a previous thread, it doesn't look like Vegas submitted a bid.

It doesn't appear to be an event the major metro areas are pursuing. I know this is in Dallas but the bid was probably submitted by Frisco and not the Dallas sports authority.

Maybe that's just as well, too. Its fun to see the NDSU and SHSU logos painted on local businesses and I'm guessing the red carpet gets rolled out a little more than it would in a place like Vegas, where it would be just another event.

IzzyFlexion
01-05-2012, 01:12 PM
Here's a hypothetical scenario.
What if this game was in the Metrodome?
How many Bison fans would attend?

bisonsupporter
01-05-2012, 01:44 PM
Here's a hypothetical scenario.
What if this game was in the Metrodome?
How many Bison fans would attend?

My guess would be more than attended the Goofer game.

bisonmike2
01-05-2012, 01:57 PM
Somebody needs to photoshop Roads picture in the forum with some Master P type font. You know that font that had the large letters that sparkled with gold, platinum and diamonds? Maybe put something like, "Straight Outta Fargo"

IzzyFlexion
01-05-2012, 02:04 PM
Somebody needs to photoshop Roads picture in the forum with some Master P type font. You know that font that had the large letters that sparkled with gold, platinum and diamonds? Maybe put something like, "Straight Outta Fargo"

Also have to photoshop the bill of his hat. Needs to be textbook straight across gangsta bill.
http://a2.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/27/0d7fcd228cfedf1e67fd1dcfead67f9f/l.jpg

Gully
01-05-2012, 02:05 PM
I cringe when the guy says that some schools may only want 1,000 tickets. WTF? Didn't we use almost that many just for players families, staff, coaches family, etc? IMO, if you can't sell 5,000 tickets to a DI National Championship game, you should move down to DII.

Tatanka
01-05-2012, 02:42 PM

Here's the 30 seconds of effort version, which is more than anyone is going to get out of TAB today.

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s96/Tatankabucket/15f31ca2.jpg

mebisonII
01-05-2012, 02:48 PM
Here's the 30 seconds of effort version*, which is more than anyone is going to get out of TAB today.

*TWSS

(and nicely done!**)

**TWSS

bisonmike2
01-05-2012, 03:04 PM
Here's the 30 seconds of effort version, which is more than anyone is going to get out of TAB today.

That is awesome.

jimmyptubas
01-05-2012, 03:30 PM
That is awesome.

HAHA.... hope road get's on a compy sometime this week to see this!

IndyBison
01-05-2012, 03:31 PM
I cringe when the guy says that some schools may only want 1,000 tickets. WTF? Didn't we use almost that many just for players families, staff, coaches family, etc? IMO, if you can't sell 5,000 tickets to a DI National Championship game, you should move down to DII.
Very valid point. But this would leave several schools out of FCS as well. The only way we truly get away from this is to move to FBS and that's an entirely different discussion that I believe has occurred several times on this site. I'm willing to bet EWU didn't use much more than their 1k minimum last year. Didn't they only have 3k at their home game?

NDSU really is unique in the FCS level (along with a handful of other schools). If this game were in Chattanooga or Spokane I doubt you would see as many SHSU fans attending the game. The tradition and history isn't there.

roadwarrior
01-08-2012, 03:34 PM
I want to thank everyone that said hello to me this weekend in Frisco! I met many Bisonville people and many that are not members. There is no way I will remember everyone I met.

This championship weekend cannot be compared with the others I have attended. This one was way off the charts. How many days till kickoff?

17>1
01-08-2012, 05:23 PM
Looks like someone else made the Forum. If anyone could post the picture link for me I'd appreciate it. I'm Tim Rodger, the chubby Yellow Man!!!

HandoEX
01-08-2012, 05:51 PM
Road deserves a 2012 Championship ring!!!

THEsocalledfan
01-08-2012, 06:36 PM
I want to thank everyone that said hello to me this weekend in Frisco! I met many Bisonville people and many that are not members. There is no way I will remember everyone I met.

This championship weekend cannot be compared with the others I have attended. This one was way off the charts. How many days till kickoff?

Road, saw you, but did not have a chance to say hi as my kids were freezing. You are a class act and it is an honor to know you. (I had a beer with you at Sally's after the Gophers game....)

DePereBisonFan
01-12-2012, 03:48 PM

So my dad and I are supposed to meet 56Bison73 to get our tickets that he was kind enough to sell us. My dad comes down sick on Friday night, so we don't get to Frisco until about 10:30 in the morning on Saturday. There's only one Verizon tower so it's difficult to get any calls or texts through. Finally I get PL on the phone for a bit, who tells us he's entering the stadium soon and that he's close to the south end of the parking lot. So my dad and I get to the parking lot and start running south. Thankfully, because of this Forum article, I recognize Roadwarrior, and assume "surely he knows who PL is and where he's tailgating." I approached him and he kindly led us straight to him, just in time to get our tickets! Whew!

Thanks Road! The morning could have gone waaaay different without your help! And thanks, PL, for the tickets - the more days that pass, the more I'm realizing how much a part of history we were! What an incredible day! The first DI championship only happens once, and we got to be there!

Go_Herd
01-12-2012, 05:48 PM
Thankfully, because of this Forum article posted on Bisonville, I recognize Roadwarrior, and assume "surely he knows who PL is and where he's tailgating." I approached him and he kindly led us straight to him, just in time to get our tickets! Whew!

Bisonville: A place so magical that helped a son and his father attend a national championship game. Just beautiful. :)

Bison bison
01-12-2012, 05:49 PM
And I would like to thank the folks who posted about Fogo da Chao and Third Base.

DePereBisonFan
01-12-2012, 05:51 PM
Bisonville: A place so magical that helped a son and his father attend a national championship game. Just beautiful. :)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

56BISON73
01-12-2012, 08:25 PM
So my dad and I are supposed to meet 56Bison73 to get our tickets that he was kind enough to sell us. My dad comes down sick on Friday night, so we don't get to Frisco until about 10:30 in the morning on Saturday. There's only one Verizon tower so it's difficult to get any calls or texts through. Finally I get PL on the phone for a bit, who tells us he's entering the stadium soon and that he's close to the south end of the parking lot. So my dad and I get to the parking lot and start running south. Thankfully, because of this Forum article, I recognize Roadwarrior, and assume "surely he knows who PL is and where he's tailgating." I approached him and he kindly led us straight to him, just in time to get our tickets! Whew!

Thanks Road! The morning could have gone waaaay different without your help! And thanks, PL, for the tickets - the more days that pass, the more I'm realizing how much a part of history we were! What an incredible day! The first DI championship only happens once, and we got to be there!

It was my pleasure. It was nice meeting you and your father and enjoyed our short visit. Hopefully next time we will have more time.

IzzyFlexion
01-13-2012, 04:15 AM
And I would like to thank the folks who posted about Fogo da Chao and Third Base.

And I'd like to thank the female bartenders at the 3rd Base Sports Bar for turning my balls a deeper shade of blue every time they bent over to get yet another Budweiser out of the cooler.

TransAmBison
01-13-2012, 12:14 PM
And I'd like to thank the female bartenders at the 3rd Base Sports Bar for turning my balls a deeper shade of blue every time they bent over to get yet another Budweiser out of the cooler.Those girls had really nice....er....personalities.