PDA

View Full Version : Have a safe trip to FRITZCO!!

katstrapper
01-04-2012, 06:28 PM
Wishing all Bison fans a safe trip to Texas. Looking forward to a great time and maybe meeting some Bison fans and having a brew and talk a little football......:cheers:

CaBisonFan
01-04-2012, 06:32 PM
Wishing all Bison fans a safe trip to Texas. Looking forward to a great time and maybe meeting some Bison fans and having a brew and talk a little football......:cheers:

Why aren't you guys complete idiots like some of our visitors from other schools?

Actually...it's refreshing. Thanks, and have a great time.

SDbison
01-04-2012, 06:42 PM
Left Minneapolis this morning and now in Denver. Several people have come up to us to wish the Bison on to victory in Minneapolis, on the plane and in Denver. About to board the plane for Dallas.

NDSUdonny
01-04-2012, 06:56 PM
Left Minneapolis this morning and now in Denver. Several people have come up to us to wish the Bison on to victory in Minneapolis, on the plane and in Denver. About to board the plane for Dallas.

I was just in the Denver airport yesterday and had a few people come up to me and wish the Bison victory as well.

Bisonfan1
01-04-2012, 11:21 PM

Yawn, who cares, we are waiting for your report of the " dancing " that you are probably viewing right about now.

SDbison
01-04-2012, 11:34 PM
Just checked into hotel.........got free couple upgrades on the rental car..........Black GMC Yukon with leather interior..........oh yeah! This week is going to rock!

FarSouth Bison
01-05-2012, 12:50 AM
Anybody know what the weather is going to be in Frisco?

WYOBISONMAN
01-05-2012, 12:50 AM

See you when I get in on Friday......safe travels!

onbison09
01-05-2012, 12:59 AM
High of 60 forecasted with sunny skies. High of 70 and sunny on Friday

SDbison
01-05-2012, 04:07 AM
Went to Red Hot & Blue for ribs tonight. Excellent food all around. The manager Carl was fun to chat with and he and the wait staff made us feel so welcome. I told him he would likely see a bunch of green and yellow this weekend! Location is 5017 W. Plano Parkway at Preston Rd in Plano. Highly recommend. The onion rings, baked beans and potato salad were awesome and good smoke flavor on the ribs which were not over cooked.

MNLonghorn10
01-05-2012, 04:14 AM
Went to Red Hot & Blue for ribs tonight. Excellent food all around. The manager Carl was fun to chat with and he and the wait staff made us feel so welcome. I told him he would likely see a bunch of green and yellow this weekend! Location is 5017 W. Plano Parkway at Preston Rd in Plano. Highly recommend. The onion rings, baked beans and potato salad were awesome and good smoke flavor on the ribs which were not over cooked.
preston and plano? thats right outside our hotel.

@ mpls today, i wore a bison hoodie, and some dude with a gopher hat and hoodie was like giving me a stone cold stare after i looked up from my phone. weird. gay flight attendant didnt know what ndsu was so i had to explain north dakota...and state university. former bison player who now lives in dallas was at the baggage claim came up to me and said go bison! i think class of 69 he was...was wearing a fargo south bruins jacket too lol.

SDbison
01-05-2012, 04:32 AM

@ mpls today, i wore a bison hoodie, and some dude with a gopher hat and hoodie was like giving me a stone cold stare after i looked up from my phone. weird. gay flight attendant didnt know what ndsu was so i had to explain north dakota...and state university. former bison player who now lives in dallas was at the baggage claim came up to me and said go bison! i think class of 69 he was...was wearing a fargo south bruins jacket too lol. I am staying at quality inn and suites right near that intersection.........so will a bunch of the horny Bison crew by fri night.

GradBison
01-05-2012, 04:34 AM
I am staying at quality inn and suites right near that intersection.........so will a bunch of the horny Bison crew by fri night.

That's right by the La Quinta we're staying in! There goes the neighborhood....

MNLonghorn10
01-05-2012, 04:38 AM
the la quintas bad ass..very cool rooms. and its right by a "beverage city(liquor store)"

dont know if im goin to make it to the quality if theres a bunch of horny guys hangin out..think we're doin the jfk stuff tomorrow

Wally
01-05-2012, 04:39 AM

@ mpls today, i wore a bison hoodie, and some dude with a gopher hat and hoodie was like giving me a stone cold stare after i looked up from my phone. weird. gay flight attendant didnt know what ndsu was so i had to explain north dakota...and state university. former bison player who now lives in dallas was at the baggage claim came up to me and said go bison! i think class of 69 he was...was wearing a fargo south bruins jacket too lol.

I get that lame ass gopher fan stare a lot when I am out and about around here. Couple of days ago I got a "Go Sam Houston" from some gopher dork. They claim they don't pay attention, but they do, they do.

BISONBRI53
01-05-2012, 02:38 PM
I get that lame ass gopher fan stare a lot when I am out and about around here. Couple of days ago I got a "Go Sam Houston" from some gopher dork. They claim they don't pay attention, but they do, they do.

I think its funny that the Goofer dorks who live in Fargo and slam us all year even after we beat them are now the BIGGEST Bison fans and cant wait to go to Frisco! The wagon is fillin up I guess!

56BISON73
01-06-2012, 02:26 AM

Had dinner there tonight. Ribs were good. Smoked sausage and pulled pork was excellent. Brisket a bit dry. The potato salad was killer.
A TX guy stopped by the table and wanted to wish us good luck. Said he watched all of the playoff games and liked the brand of football we play.

heffray
01-06-2012, 04:30 PM

Not ALL Gopher fans are like this, and in my experience (I currently live in the Twin Cities) most of them are pretty supportive and maybe even appreciative of what we are doing in football and basketball. I talked to a guy at a watch-site bar during the GSU game and he showed a lot of respect for us but didn't know a whole lot about even the FCS (he kept referring to it as DII). I corrected him a couple of times gently, but I guess it didn't take. I think it's a sign of just lack interest, or understanding, even when we piss-pound them in their own stadium. But I guess, if I were a Gopher fan, honestly, I'd have a lot more to worry about than beating NDSU every other year. Even though, from the looks of it, that's probably where they should start.

I think if you drew a line graph of Gopher fans with the X axis being knowledge of the BISON football program and the Y axis being how much you hate us, left to right it would climb 45 degress, all the way up.