PDA

View Full Version : tailgate rig section

HerdBot
01-04-2012, 02:42 PM
Since this is a suggestion forum. How about a webpage that has pictures of all the bad ass tailgating rigs we have? for people who have never been to the tailgating lot its impossible to showcase just how bad ass these vehicles are.

bri-dog
01-04-2012, 02:48 PM
Tolnabison or 75Nova -- got any good pics of the bus?

duluthbison
01-04-2012, 02:50 PM
Since this is a suggestion forum. How about a webpage that has pictures of all the bad ass tailgating rigs we have? for people who have never been to the tailgating lot its impossible to showcase just how bad ass these vehicles are.

Also include screen names with the rigs!

Bisonguy
01-04-2012, 03:02 PM
Someone should start a group on Bisonville for this.

missingnumber7
01-04-2012, 03:22 PM
There should be a specific TAILGATE section period weather rig info is there, but it would allow for info on road tailgates as well as other info to be shared easily.

Tatanka
01-04-2012, 03:28 PM
There should be a specific TAILGATE section period weather rig info is there, but it would allow for info on road tailgates as well as other info to be shared easily.

++ This suggestion.

Bisonguy
01-04-2012, 05:39 PM

Doesn't Our House already provide that? Game atmosphere: Facilities, tailgating, etc.

Or a completely separate forum devoted strictly to tailgating? Or maybe a tailgating sub-forum in Our House?

missingnumber7
01-04-2012, 06:14 PM
Doesn't Our House already provide that? Game atmosphere: Facilities, tailgating, etc.

Or a completely separate forum devoted strictly to tailgating? Or maybe a tailgating sub-forum in Our House?If it were its only section, under Our House/Football/or on its own it would be easier to find the info all in one place. One of the NFL boards I'm on has a tailgate thread and they use that to keep info on places where games are, rigs people take, and organizing tailgates for road games.

HerdBot
01-04-2012, 08:39 PM

Or a completely separate forum devoted strictly to tailgating? Or maybe a tailgating sub-forum in Our House?

more along the lines of something that promotes . The forums are great for info but pictures of the rigs are impressive!

Bisonguy
01-04-2012, 11:02 PM
more along the lines of something that promotes . The forums are great for info but pictures of the rigs are impressive!

That's why I'm thinking a public Group on here might be a good solution. It could be referenced in a pinned tailgating topic, and then any photos posted of the rigs in the Group would be hosted here. Unless someone started an entire site or Tony devoted a couple of pages here, the group solution might be the quickest and easiest.

Sometime in the offseason I was planning on making a visitors/tailgating guide, somewhat like the map I made for the GSU fans but with a lot more info and links (and maybe include a downtown map of restaurants, bars, and other stuff to do). Anyhow, that's probably going to take care of the little free time that I have, but if anyone would want to get this group started I can give them the skinny on how to start it up. Unless, of course, there's a better solution.

HerdBot
01-05-2012, 12:05 AM
That's why I'm thinking a public Group on here might be a good solution. It could be referenced in a pinned tailgating topic, and then any photos posted of the rigs in the Group would be hosted here. Unless someone started an entire site or Tony devoted a couple of pages here, the group solution might be the quickest and easiest.

Sometime in the offseason I was planning on making a visitors/tailgating guide, somewhat like the map I made for the GSU fans but with a lot more info and links (and maybe include a downtown map of restaurants, bars, and other stuff to do). Anyhow, that's probably going to take care of the little free time that I have, but if anyone would want to get this group started I can give them the skinny on how to start it up. Unless, of course, there's a better solution.

How about a page with you tube video highlights? I really like the new tour of the fargodome video and the highlights they put together over the last 2 years. It would be cool if we had a page we could put them on.

missingnumber7
01-05-2012, 12:16 AM

Sometime in the offseason I was planning on making a visitors/tailgating guide, somewhat like the map I made for the GSU fans but with a lot more info and links (and maybe include a downtown map of restaurants, bars, and other stuff to do). Anyhow, that's probably going to take care of the little free time that I have, but if anyone would want to get this group started I can give them the skinny on how to start it up. Unless, of course, there's a better solution.And we can get all the road locations too...i'm hopin to pull a tailgate double header next year at CSU and hopefully the Broncos open at home next year...have a sat/sun tailgate double header, but having the information we've already collected for road games and then add new places or up date places...but also make a place where people who are traveling to the game but don't have a tailgate setup can hook up with those who do and are going.

Bisonguy
01-05-2012, 12:47 AM
How about a page with you tube video highlights? I really like the new tour of the fargodome video and the highlights they put together over the last 2 years. It would be cool if we had a page we could put them on.

Why not make a master thread sort of like the recruiting summary thread? Update the first thread with any new videos, but I don't know if embedding the videos would be a good idea.

And we can get all the road locations too...i'm hopin to pull a tailgate double header next year at CSU and hopefully the Broncos open at home next year...have a sat/sun tailgate double header, but having the information we've already collected for road games and then add new places or up date places...

How about a pinned thread about road tailgate locations like the recruiting summary? First post can be updated with the schedule changes and become almost like a road tailgating wiki?

but also make a place where people who are traveling to the game but don't have a tailgate setup can hook up with those who do and are going.

Couldn't that be accomplished with the "Who's staying where?" or "Who's eating all of our food?" type of threads?

Great ideas guys. I'm just trying to come up with possible solutions within the current structure of the site. I see either some sort of master tailgating thread or a wiki in the future. A master tailgating thread would basically be a pinned thread with links to nearly everything informative thread about tailgating: visitor's guide, rules, road tailgates/rules/hotels, tailgate rig photos, etc.