PDA

View Full Version : This TSN article freaks me out! I apologize if this was posted already!

AjaxTheMighty
01-03-2012, 09:02 PM
http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=4461725

DjKyRo
01-03-2012, 09:06 PM
Am I remiss for asking why it freaks you out? They sound pretty complimentary of NDSU.

NDSUstudent
01-03-2012, 09:11 PM
Great article, not sure why it would freak anyone out though.

CAS4127
01-03-2012, 09:16 PM
Great article, not sure why it would freak anyone out though.

Perhaps it is because it describes us to a T??!!! Nothing surprising tho!! I have said for the last half of the season and PO's that we are not an explosive, massively dominating team. We are a physical, methodical and disciplined team, which make us difficult to beat. We can beat anyone, but we also could have lost to almost anyone we played this year, with the exception of our first two games. I think we have left many opposing players and coaches wondering what the hell happened after we won the game, but did not dominate statisically, and, in some cases, got beat, statistically speaking. That's just the way this team is.

duluthbison
01-03-2012, 09:18 PM
Purple font anyone?

CaBisonFan
01-03-2012, 09:24 PM
http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=4461725

Great publicity for the Bison. It's also very accurate. Thanks for posting this. I understand your emotions about it...it's almost too good.

My only problem with the article is that the guy can't spell and has some big problems with word usage...using a standard that should be applied to people who write for publications. Not a big deal...just a small annoyance.

bisonmike2
01-03-2012, 09:30 PM

http://images.mylot.com/userImages/images/postphotos/735112.jpg
I'm freaking out man!

GradBison
01-03-2012, 09:35 PM
Good writeup, and here's the breakdown for SHSU:

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/misc/haley/index.htm

SamsRams
01-03-2012, 09:44 PM
In seven championship game appearances, the Bison have gone 5-2. Meanwhile, Sam Houston State has just one championship appearance, a 7-7 tie in the 1984 NAIA title game.

And that tie was against.....................CONCORDIA (MN)

NDSUstudent
01-03-2012, 09:52 PM
How does a "title" game end in a tie?

CaBisonFan
01-03-2012, 10:05 PM
How does a "title" game end in a tie?

There was no overtime then. It ended tied.

But I ask...if we should lose the game Saturday...does that mean Concordia's program is better than NDSU's?

SamsRams
01-03-2012, 10:17 PM
It was freaking NAIA also

TheBisonator
01-03-2012, 10:19 PM
I think the freakout was over the fact that it was a very well-written, well-researched out-of-state article about Bison football.

AjaxTheMighty
01-03-2012, 10:21 PM
Great publicity for the Bison. It's also very accurate. Thanks for posting this. I understand your emotions about it...it's almost too good.

My only problem with the article is that the guy can't spell and has some big problems with word usage...using a standard that should be applied to people who write for publications. Not a big deal...just a small annoyance.

Exactly! I'm freaked out anyway. I have to teach everyday. The future depends on the knowledge I pass on, yet....I just want to talk about the Bison. True story though. We started basic stats today and guess what? I am going to have the kids watch a Bison football game tomorrow and take stats!! KABOOM! It helps me get through and it's educational.

AjaxTheMighty
01-03-2012, 10:22 PM
I think the freakout was over the fact that it was a very well-written, well-researched out-of-state article about Bison football.

That too! (10 char)

CaBisonFan
01-03-2012, 10:42 PM
Perhaps it is because it describes us to a T??!!! Nothing surprising tho!! I have said for the last half of the season and PO's that we are not an explosive, massively dominating team. We are a physical, methodical and disciplined team, which make us difficult to beat. We can beat anyone, but we also could have lost to almost anyone we played this year, with the exception of our first two games. I think we have left many opposing players and coaches wondering what the hell happened after we won the game, but did not dominate statisically, and, in some cases, got beat, statistically speaking. That's just the way this team is.

Bingo CAS. If we put ourselves into the position of controlling the tempo...the game is essentially over for the opposing team. Stats have little to do with it. Our offense acts as if it were the 'defense.' Reminds me a little of the Bears & Giants (80s ?) when they had their juggernaut Super Bowl defenses. They had adequate offenses that gave the 'D' a rest & kept the opposing offense off the field. Opposing offenses really have no idea what to do when this cycle begins. It is head-scratching.

AjaxTheMighty
01-03-2012, 10:56 PM
Well put! I love that about this team. We are bigger than everyone, yet fast, and able to grind it out and gobble up offensive game plans. It's fun to watch.

CaBisonFan
01-03-2012, 11:23 PM
Well put! I love that about this team. We are bigger than everyone, yet fast, and able to grind it out and gobble up offensive game plans. It's fun to watch.

Yep...and we have two weapons on D that are rare...Heagle & Williams. They are the difference makers...along with an extremely stout front seven.