PDA

View Full Version : Bohl on KFAN with PA Tomorrow (9:20 AM)

northendzone
01-03-2012, 08:55 PM
Emailed PA this morning at the same time as SVP - PA responded to my email and said Bohl would be on his show at 9:20 AM tomorrow!!

DjKyRo
01-03-2012, 09:10 PM
Yes! Love from KFAN!

Bison03
01-03-2012, 09:27 PM
There are lots of Bison fans in the cities, this will be awesome. Bohl is always "good sound" as they say. Hope he breaks out the Lou Holtz inpression.

3Putt
01-04-2012, 02:10 PM
Bump. Listen at http://www.kfan.com/main.html

HerdBot
01-04-2012, 02:17 PM
Starts soon
740 am Fargo
740thefan.com
radio Fargo moorhead ap android

CAS4127
01-04-2012, 02:20 PM
http://www.iheart.com/#/live/1209/?autoplay=true

DjKyRo
01-04-2012, 02:23 PM
They just said it's now moved to 10:20. :facepalm:

Bison bison
01-04-2012, 02:23 PM
Bohl does an awesome Tubby Smith impersonation!

bri-dog
01-04-2012, 02:24 PM
Bastards. Now if I'm busy at work I won't be able to listen.

Bisonfan1
01-04-2012, 02:28 PM
Bastards. Now if I'm busy at work I won't be able to listen.

Priorities my man !! ( thinking the same thing, slow right now )

bri-dog
01-04-2012, 02:31 PM
Just found out I'm doing some woodworking (a 2nd part of my job) instead of going to the office today. Dammit.

bisonmike2
01-04-2012, 02:41 PM
Priorities my man !! ( thinking the same thing, slow right now )

If you have itunes kfan is really good about putting up show segments every hour. I plan on grabbing this right after 10.

wagsabison
01-04-2012, 02:49 PM
http://www.kfan.com/cc-common/podcast/single_page.html?podcast=KFAN_PADubay&selected_podcast

FAN on Demand, they usually update after a couple of hours.

coloradobison
01-04-2012, 03:20 PM
Bohl is on now.

JustinTyem
01-04-2012, 03:27 PM
PA sounds like a prick. How do you feel about him???

DjKyRo
01-04-2012, 03:27 PM
PA is a douche,He sounds like a prick. How do you feel about him???

Bite your tongue.

JustinTyem
01-04-2012, 03:29 PM
Bite your tongue.Why??? I think he sounds abit arrogant.

lakesbozo
01-04-2012, 03:30 PM
Typical wisconsin comment PA rocks, great interview and lots of listeners on kfan

DePereBisonFan
01-04-2012, 03:33 PM
Why??? I think he sounds abit arrogant.

Man, you just got to get used to him. It's his style. Yes, he's like the most obnoxious person on the radio, but it's who he is. His Viking laments are priceless; his touchdown call from Favre against the 49ers (I think) to win that game in 2009 sends chills down my back. I'm a Packer Fan but I love PA and the show hasn't been the same since drugs got the best of Dubay. Green Bay has nobody near as good as the 1-2 punch of PA from nine to noon and Common from noon to 3, so I stream the archived shows an hour late (the 9-9:59am hour shows up a few minutes after 10am, and so on) whenever I can.

JustinTyem
01-04-2012, 03:34 PM
Typical wisconsin comment PA rocks, great interview and lots of listeners on kfanMaybe,I just think he sounds arrogant. Now Scotty,I like his style and attitude. Oh well,on to FRISCO!!!!

CAS4127
01-04-2012, 03:34 PM
Why??? I think he sounds abit arrogant.

Love PA!! He had obviously done his homework, as he mentioned many things about our progam that are not necessarily known facts. For example, he brought up the GSU game, and mentioned that we had 3 players almost close or over the 100 yard rushing mark, he asked about Minnie kids, he asked about MWill's future NFL prospects, he mentioned Mays, Humber and Dahl, he mentioned that SHSU is not that far from Frisco and that it may feel like a home game for them, etc. PA knew more than many of in our fanbase likely know.

JustinTyem
01-04-2012, 03:39 PM
Love PA!! He had obviously done his homework, as he mentioned many things about our progam that are not necessarily known facts. For example, he brought up the GSU game, and mentioned that we had 3 players almost close or over the 100 yard rushing mark, he asked about Minnie kids, he asked about MWill's future NFL prospects, he mentioned Mays, Humber and Dahl, he mentioned that SHSU is not that far from Frisco and that it may feel like a home game for them, etc. PA knew more than many of in our fanbase likely know.I didnt hear the mays comment,maybe my stroke,made it sound like that. Is there a POD,I will listen again and closer to his message. Sorry,for my thoughts,:(

westnodak93bison
01-04-2012, 03:44 PM
Good interview as always. Bohl is good with the media. Says the right things and always has respect for the opponent.

CAS4127
01-04-2012, 03:44 PM
I didnt hear the mays comment,maybe my stroke,made it sound like that. Is there a POD,I will listen again and closer to his message. Sorry,for my thoughts,:(

They do podcast some interviews. You will need to check Kfans website on that-->sorry no link.

Otherwise, PA's voice and bluntness at times can cause people to think that he is arrogant, when, in reality, that is just his style-->and it grows on you the more you listen to him.

Kermit
01-04-2012, 03:46 PM
PA is a douche,He sounds like a prick. How do you feel about him???

I totally agree. Self-absorbed.

bisonmike2
01-04-2012, 03:50 PM
They do podcast some interviews. You will need to check Kfans website on that-->sorry no link.

Otherwise, PA's voice and bluntness at times can cause people to think that he is arrogant, when, in reality, that is just his style-->and it grows on you the more you listen to him.

Totally agree. Didn't like him at first but he's grown on me. I'm a Packer fan but still enjoy PA. I also enjoy his radio calls. One of the best in the business.

HandoEX
01-04-2012, 04:00 PM
PA is the man, by far my favorite radio personallity.

CAS4127
01-04-2012, 04:17 PM
Here a bit from PA's website on KFAN. Note that he is blunt and to the point here (see bold for example), but also quite insightful. He is one of the best in the business IMO (to each their own of course).

I have said everything I feel about the Vikings promoting RICK SPIELMAN to General Manager, so instead of rehashing stuff just podcast today because most of 9-to-Noon chatted it out. I like the man, believe in the man and those who work closely to him and most importantly know how badly he wants the team to be better.
A few thoughts on the move and things discussed today:
-- I want Rick to be less evasive during our on-air chats and have told him that multiple times during the second half of our season. Rick is a big part of that routine I always talk about when I share how much I miss working with this team on a weekly basis. Until you are insulated with a team full of different personalities from all over the country living a life predicated on winning and losing weekly and it's emotional you cannot fathom what I mean; that's why I share because I like to bring people behind the curtain as much as I can

Read more: http://www.kfan.com/pages/psn_paulallen.html#ixzz1iVhtihYF

BisonCountry
01-04-2012, 04:37 PM
http://www.kfan.com/player/?station=KFXN-FM&program_name=podcast&program_id=KFAN_PADubay.xml&mid=21700972

Podcast up starts around 17:30 mark. PA has been good about pimp'n NDSU on KFAN. Started with Tim Miles who he still has on occasionally.

Bison 4 Life
01-04-2012, 05:23 PM
PA is the man, by far my favorite radio personallity.

I'm up and down on him. Love his PBP of the Vikings. I think his solo show is definitely too much without Dubay. Even though he was a cokehead, he provided a break from the constant blah blah that PA gets on. He is sometimes a little too hip and cool for his own good.

TransAmBison
01-04-2012, 05:39 PM
I'm up and down on him. Love his PBP of the Vikings. I think his solo show is definitely too much without Dubay. Even though he was a cokehead, he provided a break from the constant blah blah that PA gets on. He is sometimes a little too hip and cool for his own good.:omfg::omfg::omfg::omfg::omfg::omfg::omfg::om fg::omfg::omfg::omfg::omfg::omfg::omfg::omfg::omfg ::omfg::omfg::omfg::omfg::omfg::omfg::omfg::omfg:: omfg::omfg:

Bison 4 Life
01-04-2012, 05:48 PM
:omfg::omfg::omfg::omfg::omfg::omfg::omfg::omfg::o mfg::omfg::omfg::omfg::omfg::omfg::omfg::omfg::omf g::omfg::omfg::omfg::omfg::omfg::omfg::omfg::omfg: :omfg:

Oh aren't you clever.

TransAmBison
01-04-2012, 05:51 PM
oh aren't you clever.twhs...:D:D

BisonTeacher
01-04-2012, 10:13 PM
Just got home from work and downloaded the podcast. Good interview. Sounded to me like Bohl was implying he likes the playoff system better than the bowl system.

jimmyptubas
01-05-2012, 12:39 AM
Just got home from work and downloaded the podcast. Good interview. Sounded to me like Bohl was implying he likes the playoff system better than the bowl system.

He did more than imply that, he flat out said it. He implied that FBS would be better served to follow the mold set by the FCS playoff system.

1998braves64
01-06-2012, 02:04 AM
The thing I like about PA is he loves what he does PBP and talk show radio and announcing at Canterbury. He's confident (imo you have to be to do what he does otherwise you come across as a bumbling radio guy) and probably arrogant. But I believe he sincerely wears his heart on his sleeve a bit and you can hear it come through on PBP when the Vikings lose (ie Arizona 4th and 24 conversion at the end of the game a few years ago to knock the Vikes out of the playoffs). I think he kind of digs NDSU a little bit, I remember either the first or second Gophers game he called NDSU, the fighting sioux... pretty sure it was on purpose just to get people to call in and talk about it. As CAS said he's quite blunt and to the point. I really don't think he enjoyed going on the air by himself after Dubay left/got canned but recently when I've had a chance to listen to him he seems to have sort of taken it by the horns and is doing better. But to each their own I guess, he has given NDSU plenty of props over the years (Wisc win, Summit win, having a good showing at the 09 NCAAs) I think he's had Saul on a couple times even. I believe he just puts in a dig to raise the ire of NDSU fans as I think plenty of them probably listen to his show, and the purpose of a radio show is to get "interest" in it and to call in right?

bisonaudit
01-06-2012, 07:47 PM
He is sometimes a little too hip and cool for his own good.

Haven't taken in much of the PA solo show but I remember the PA and Dubay days and at the time I had this thought as well but when I moved to DC the Sports Junkies are way more 'inside' and have way more proprietary bits and slang. It took me 6 months to figure out what the hell was going on with their show. It's like learning a foreign language.