PDA

View Full Version : Official Roadtrip to the Championship Thread:

Pages : [1] 2

Bison03
01-03-2012, 06:04 AM
Some are already in route, some are leaving soon, all will be traveling at some point on the long journey Frisco to watch our beloved Bison. Let's make this the place to post pictures and stories from good to bad, from bizarre to epic. For a lot of us it will be a long drive so there should be plenty of stories along the way. Let's all get to Texas safe and sound and have some fun sharing about the journey.

MNLonghorn10
01-03-2012, 06:09 AM
we dont leave for minneapolis until wednesday morning at around 7am. i think tomorrows going to drag longer than the last 2.5 weeks.

NDSUFan_Sav
01-03-2012, 06:13 AM
we dont leave for minneapolis until wednesday morning at around 7am. i think tomorrows going to drag longer than the last 2.5 weeks.

you guys are flying from Minneapolis? Anyone from our group flying from Fargo, besides me?

MNLonghorn10
01-03-2012, 06:14 AM
you guys are flying from Minneapolis? Anyone from our group flying from Fargo, besides me?
yes. tony and mitch are flying out of fargo friday

SlickVic
01-03-2012, 06:26 AM
yes. tony and mitch are flying out of fargo friday

Dude I am going john madden style minus the bus I'm rolling a Ford f 350 straight up don't mess with us

JustinTyem
01-03-2012, 06:43 AM
Dude I am going john madden style minus the bus I'm rolling a Ford f 350 straight up don't mess with usStop in at Appleton,Wi and pick up my poor,wheelchair,slow,fat ass on ur way!!!!! ;)

SlickVic
01-03-2012, 06:45 AM
Stop in at Appleton,Wi and pick up my poor,wheelchair,slow,fat ass on ur way!!!!! ;)

Dude we will and stop by play a quick round at kohlers course dude I will break 90 tiger woods Style

SlickVic
01-03-2012, 06:49 AM
Dude Justin srsly dude u need to be at this.effin game brocks gonna bring that trophy home n u deserve to hold it dude efffin you need to get to friscoand party u are about as die hard as it gets we are driving in a ford f 350 diesal fuel but dude do u srsly need a ride cuz dude u need to be there

JustinTyem
01-03-2012, 06:50 AM
Dude we will and stop by play a quick round at kohlers course dude I will break 90 tiger woods StyleBlackwolf Run or Whistling Straights ???

SlickVic
01-03-2012, 06:54 AM
Blackwolf Run or Whistling Straights ???

Whistling straights dude straight up pga style.dude promise me ull be in frisco if not dude I will bring u home the game ball u deserve it man you are a great fan

JustinTyem
01-03-2012, 06:55 AM
Dude Justin srsly dude u need to be at this.effin game brocks gonna bring that trophy home n u deserve to hold it dude efffin you need to get to friscoand party u are about as die hard as it gets we are driving in a ford f 350 diesal fuel but dude do u srsly need a ride cuz dude u need to be thereI know,but cash is tight right now,and the wifes work hours have been chopped some. But Im there in SPIRIT, And today is my Birthday Im just hoping to make it to see the game,cause on friday I was in the hospital(I thought I had a Heartattack,LoL) till saturday afternoon. Make up a sign and get it on TV,LoL That would make my YEAR and maybe my LIFE,:)

JustinTyem
01-03-2012, 06:59 AM
Whistling straights dude straight up pga style.dude promise me ull be in frisco if not dude I will bring u home the game ball u deserve it man you are a great fanIf that really happend,I would die a HAPPY MAN,LoL. Almost like that Old man getting Anna Nicole Smith. Im ROTFLMAO

SlickVic
01-03-2012, 07:01 AM
I know,but cash is tight right now,and the wifes work hours have been chopped some. But Im there in SPIRIT, And today is my Birthday Im just hoping to make it to see the game,cause on friday I was in the hospital(I thought I had a Heartattack,LoL) till saturday afternoon. Make up a sign and get it on TV,LoL That would make my YEAR and maybe my LIFE,:)

Dude Justin man happy. Birth day bro and dude just remember we are all in it to win it

JustinTyem
01-03-2012, 07:03 AM
Dude Justin man happy. Birth day bro and dude just remember we are all in it to win itGO BIG OR GO HOME!!!!! HeckYa!!!!

SlickVic
01-03-2012, 07:05 AM
Dude Justin straight up who would u take dude brock or Russell cuz I'm not gonna lie that is a tough. Call

ndsubison1
01-03-2012, 07:09 AM

i am flying straight from fargo to dallas on thur

SlickVic
01-03-2012, 07:10 AM
And dude Justin you are going to frisco no if ands or buts about it u need to be there dude and there's no excuse why u can't be we need to make this happen dude mark my words if I know bisonville and if I know bison fans it will

JustinTyem
01-03-2012, 07:19 AM
Dude Justin straight up who would u take dude brock or Russell cuz I'm not gonna lie that is a tough. CallDude,Brock ALL DAY ALL NIGHT EVERY DAY!!!

JustinTyem
01-03-2012, 07:23 AM
And dude Justin you are going to frisco no if ands or buts about it u need to be there dude and there's no excuse why u can't be we need to make this happen dude mark my words if I know bisonville and if I know bison fans it willYa well like I said,If I was able I would be there. But I not able to do this by myself,and dependent on my wife. She takes care of me when she not at work. Thats why Im up so late,she sleeps,Im up. She goes to work,Im in bed,LoL. Im just happy I got a hat from Brock(for my birthday last year) that himself DJ, and Warren signed. But I wear it to much and now you cant see the sigs,LoL Im out for a bit,Im gonna go and watch the semi game again,only like the 15th time. And it gets better every game. Im a BISON ADDICT and Im PROUD. ROAR IF UR A BISON FAN !!!!!

Bison03
01-03-2012, 03:06 PM
Has anyone left yet? Also pics of Bison rigs at state line and recognizable landmarks are a bonus.

MNLonghorn10
01-03-2012, 03:26 PM
My cousin who posts here as gilley left yesterday...said little construction in sd for once

Bison03
01-03-2012, 08:16 PM
What is everyone making their "official road beer" for the trip. Of course, having open containers and consuming alcoholic beverages while riding in a vehicle is always wrong and should never be done. For Christmas I got a beer called Buffalo Sweat which is not bad if you like very dark beer. It was the closest the person giving it to me could get to a "Bison Beer." Might go with that or the 'ol reliable Coors Light.

bri-dog
01-03-2012, 08:38 PM
What is everyone making their "official road beer" for the trip. Of course, having open containers and consuming alcoholic beverages while riding in a vehicle is always wrong and should never be done. For Christmas I got a beer called Buffalo Spit which is not bad if you like very dark beer. It was the closest the person giving it to me could get to a "Bison Beer." Might go with that or the 'ol reliable Coors Light.

The Tolna crew is always Bud Light...

Tatanka
01-03-2012, 10:57 PM
First person to hit the Texas state line on I-35 has an obligation to hit it with some Bison yard signs.

TateMosersneighbor
01-04-2012, 12:29 AM
First person to hit the Texas state line on I-35 has an obligation to hit it with some Bison yard signs.

Please God, do that in every state you cross right next to the "Welcome to X" sign. Then take a picture of it and put it on this thread.

The route should be "littered" with Bison signs.

tjbison
01-04-2012, 12:44 AM
This could be more epic than th Bozeman thread.................well maybe not but a Bison sign in the ditch at every state line would rock. Only way i see it is on this thread as my plane leaves Thursday from Fargo.

BTW man are there ALOT of "dudes" in this thread Slic is now a fan of Bill and Ted or what??:biggrin:

bkit29
01-04-2012, 12:45 AM
Dude I am going john madden style minus the bus I'm rolling a Ford f 350 straight up don't mess with us

Please tell me your rocking a set of chrome truck nuts for the F350.

Bison03
01-04-2012, 12:49 AM
Please God, do that in every state you cross right next to the "Welcome to X" sign. Then take a picture of it and put it on this thread.The route should be "littered" with Bison signs.Seeing which state gets the the most pictures by the signs could be a fun game.

56BISON73
01-04-2012, 12:54 AM
Please tell me your rocking a set of chrome truck nuts for the F350.

Not Slick. Hes got the spinners.:biggrin:

heffray
01-04-2012, 01:08 AM
What is everyone making their "official road beer" for the trip. Of course, having open containers and consuming alcoholic beverages while riding in a vehicle is always wrong and should never be done. For Christmas I got a beer called Buffalo Spit which is not bad if you like very dark beer. It was the closest the person giving it to me could get to a "Bison Beer." Might go with that or the 'ol reliable Coors Light.

You sure it isn't "Buffalo Sweat" by Tallgrass? If so, yes, very good stuff. If not, never heard of this Buffalo Spit, who makes it?

JustinTyem
01-04-2012, 01:12 AM
Not Slick. Hes got the spinners.:biggrin:Now that would be pimpin,and if I was in the truck it would be MEGA Pimpin'.

Bison03
01-04-2012, 01:27 AM
You sure it isn't "Buffalo Sweat" by Tallgrass? If so, yes, very good stuff. If not, never heard of this Buffalo Spit, who makes it?Sorry, yes it is Buffalo Sweat, not spit. Not sure which name makes my mouth water more but it is good beer.

gobison#6
01-04-2012, 04:24 AM
leaving bright and early thursday morning. well i guess it would be dark and early.

Jay
01-04-2012, 05:17 AM
You sure it isn't "Buffalo Sweat" by Tallgrass? If so, yes, very good stuff. If not, never heard of this Buffalo Spit, who makes it?

FYI, Rhombus Guys just got this on tap.

roadwarrior
01-04-2012, 11:30 AM
At Hector, boarded Delta. About a dozen Bison fans on the plane. Dallas at noon.

go_bison
01-04-2012, 01:05 PM
At work, leaving in 28 hours. 100% focus on the roadtrip, 0% focus on work. :D

75NOVA
01-04-2012, 01:54 PM
Leaving with the bus from Tolna at 7 tonight, pick up some in Larimore, pick up some more in Fargo, then drive straight thru to Texas(pick up bridog in kansas). The local pub is sending a jug of Bison Ridge whiskey(sampled it last night but i'ma beer guy), feel free to stop by and sample. I love the yard sign idea, i'm bringing my "See You in the Stands" sign. If there is not one at the Texas State line, there will be. Safe travels bisonville!

Bison"FANatic"
01-04-2012, 02:12 PM
Leaving with the bus from Tolna at 7 tonight, pick up some in Larimore, pick up some more in Fargo, then drive straight thru to Texas(pick up bridog in kansas). The local pub is sending a jug of Bison Ridge whiskey(sampled it last night but i'ma beer guy), feel free to stop by and sample. I love the yard sign idea, i'm bringing my "See You in the Stands" sign. If there is not one at the Texas State line, there will be. Safe travels bisonville!

Buffalo Trace is another Whiskey I really like!!!!!!!!!!!

tjbison
01-04-2012, 04:23 PM
Leaving with the bus from Tolna at 7 tonight, pick up some in Larimore, pick up some more in Fargo, then drive straight thru to Texas(pick up bridog in kansas). The local pub is sending a jug of Bison Ridge whiskey(sampled it last night but i'ma beer guy), feel free to stop by and sample. I love the yard sign idea, i'm bringing my "See You in the Stands" sign. If there is not one at the EVERYState line, there will be. Safe travels bisonville!

Fixed it for you

onbison09
01-04-2012, 04:25 PM

Sounds like me this week! One more day!

pwbnd
01-04-2012, 04:37 PM
KFGO staff just posted some pics of the stadium this morning...Bison in the endzone looks pretty sweet!

http://www.kfgo.com/featured-photos.php?ID=56

roadwarrior
01-04-2012, 04:48 PM
On the ground at DFW! Flew over Frisco on the approach and I spotted the stadium.

Bison"FANatic"
01-04-2012, 05:00 PM
Looks like Kolpack and Izzo are in Tx

http://twitpic.com/834mr1

Superfan
01-04-2012, 05:04 PM
Looks like Kolpack and Izzo are in Tx

http://twitpic.com/834mr1

What happens on the plane stays on the plane I hope. Kolpacks fly is down.

BisonTeacher
01-04-2012, 05:05 PM

omg thats hilarious.

Hecklerswife
01-04-2012, 05:08 PM
[QUOTE=Bison03;586447]What is everyone making their "official road beer" for the trip. Of course, having open containers and consuming alcoholic beverages while riding in a vehicle is always wrong and should never be done. For Christmas I got a beer called Buffalo Sweat which is not bad if you like very dark beer. It was the closest the person giving it to me could get to a "Bison Beer." Might go with that or the 'ol reliable Coors Light.

As a Mizzou trooper once informed us...it is LEGAL for passengers to consume in their wretched state...I think it may be their only saving grace...

BisonTeacher
01-04-2012, 05:16 PM

And look at the guy who is still in the plane...he looks pretty happy......

Hecklerswife
01-04-2012, 05:17 PM
Not an ounce of paperwork is being completed....MDE is giong to have my head when I get back...if my administration doesn't first ;)
Flyin out of Minneapolis at 6 am Friday...limited by personal days and Heckler's amazingly bad luck flying (Bozeman nightmare)...

bisonpride4ever
01-04-2012, 05:18 PM
Not Slick. Hes got the spinners.:biggrin:

A day in the life of Slick:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtkOLRuAXDY

KSBisonFan
01-04-2012, 05:22 PM

I have the same illness today. Must be contagious.

heffray
01-04-2012, 05:25 PM
KFGO staff just posted some pics of the stadium this morning...Bison in the endzone looks pretty sweet!

http://www.kfgo.com/featured-photos.php?ID=56

The stadium looks a little smaller than I had anticipated, but also looks like there isn't a bad seat in the place, a great place to watch a game. Pretty excited right now!!!

jimmyptubas
01-04-2012, 05:46 PM
I was very excited to see pics on facebook this morning. Wish i could be starting my own epic journey but alas, i will only be journeying across the river to Moorhead where a beer(s) at buffalo wild wings awaits me on saturday morning! It will epic in my own right i'm sure!

Bison bison
01-04-2012, 05:54 PM
I'm seriously considering driving back through Missouri to have four hours of happy time Saturday night.

Notorious
01-04-2012, 06:24 PM
Waiting for an update from Bozo, or NFLBison, or ButtBama...."and Lee Harvey! You are a mad man! When you stole that cow...and your friend tried to make it with the cow!....I wanna party with you! (Copyright: BM-1981)

TransAmBison
01-04-2012, 06:27 PM
Waiting for an update from Bozo, or NFLBison, or ButtBama...."and Lee Harvey! You are a mad man! When you stole that cow...and your friend tried to make it with the cow!....I wanna party with you! (Copyright: BM-1981)Is it not hip to call him IH8DASIOUX anymore?

Bisonfan1
01-04-2012, 06:28 PM
Waiting for an update from Bozo, or NFLBison, or ButtBama...."and Lee Harvey! You are a mad man! When you stole that cow...and your friend tried to make it with the cow!....I wanna party with you! (Copyright: BM-1981)

What I get a get a kick out of, the above mentioned all have the same first and last initial " SH " as in also SAM HOUSTON :rofl:

coloradobison
01-04-2012, 06:46 PM
from Kolpack on Twitter http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itva37muExU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I didnt realize how far the sideline is from the first row of seats...

Mr. Burgundy
01-04-2012, 06:50 PM
Leaving Fargo at 3PM today. There could be some photo opportunities on this roadie. I understand "Iceman" will be posting some updates from the road. Drinks in Omaha this evening....and Frisco tomorrow afternoon.

Notorious
01-04-2012, 06:56 PM
Drinks in Omaha this evening....

Stay out of the "park"...

bri-dog
01-04-2012, 07:04 PM
Tough to concentrate on work today, but I better. Doing woodworking instead of office work, so I'm using a table saw, drill press (using an attachment with 8 bits turning at once), and a router. If I don't pay attention, I may show up in Texas minus some fingers...

roadwarrior
01-04-2012, 07:06 PM
Inside PHP. You could sell 1,000s of SRO tickets easy. The concourse goes all around at the top row of seats.

bisoningrandforks
01-04-2012, 07:14 PM
are they not going to paint the end zones or outline the letters of the colors of schools?....looks kind of bland...

bisonpride4ever
01-04-2012, 07:16 PM
from Kolpack on Twitter http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itva37muExU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

FC Dallas Stadium is a soccer stadium first and foremost. That's why it seems so far away.

coloradobison
01-04-2012, 07:19 PM
FC Dallas Stadium is a soccer stadium first and foremost. That's why it seems so far away.

I knew it was and was looking for pictures from last years game but didnt see many that really showed how far away it was. oh well - I'll be in the house and that is all that matters to me!

Bison"FANatic"
01-04-2012, 07:20 PM
Tough to concentrate on work today, but I better. Doing woodworking instead of office work, so I'm using a table saw, drill press (using an attachment with 8 bits turning at once), and a router. If I don't pay attention, I may show up in Texas minus some fingers...

As long as you can still make the horns you will be good to go!!!!!!!!

bisonpride4ever
01-04-2012, 07:24 PM
I knew it was and was looking for pictures from last years game but didnt see many that really showed how far away it was. oh well - I'll be in the house and that is all that matters to me!

Here's one. Wow that's a big area for the sidelines

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/dr/ncaa/ncaa/release/sites/default/files/imagecache/640x425/MAF2011C014.JPG

lakesbozo
01-04-2012, 07:37 PM
Is there beer at this game?
Im already in O'hare, so I am not who 1 of you think I am, sorry to disappoint
Isnt that who shall not be named going later?
I joined because someone started a thread "post if sitting on shsu side"

onbison09
01-04-2012, 07:37 PM
Is there beer at this game?
Im already in O'hare, so I am not who 1 of you think I am, sorry to disappoint
Isnt that who shall not be named going later?
I joined because someone started a thread "post if sitting on shsu side"

No beer

(10 char)

coloradobison
01-04-2012, 07:41 PM

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/dr/ncaa/ncaa/release/sites/default/files/imagecache/640x425/MAF2011C014.JPG

Wow - that is bigger than I thought.

coloradobison
01-04-2012, 07:45 PM
Inside PHP. You could sell 1,000s of SRO tickets easy. The concourse goes all around at the top row of seats.

Road with a shout out from Kolpack on Twitter already live from the stadium. #legendary

Wally
01-04-2012, 08:06 PM
Road with a shout out from Kolpack on Twitter already live from the stadium. #legendary

Bob Clark.........What is that, Dutch? :);):);)

Seriously,that still amazes me with all the games in a row. Outstanding!

Road, Where and when was the first roadtrip?

BisonBabe
01-04-2012, 08:13 PM
Kids want to take pics along the way so will post some pics of them in their Bison Gear once we get to the hotel on Friday...only about 11 more hours of work to go before I head out ... so much work to do and no way in he!! I will get it all done...Looks like next week will be another ugly one for me.

bisonmike2
01-04-2012, 08:19 PM

Imagine if we played UNI in the championship game there. Their defense would tire out pretty easily. That's a huge area they'd have to cover in order to push our players into the wall.

Mr. Burgundy
01-04-2012, 08:46 PM
Imagine if we played UNI in the championship game there. Their defense would tire out pretty easily. That's a huge area they'd have to cover in order to push our players into the wall.

But, we could get 18,000 NDSU fans to watch the game!

moparman
01-04-2012, 08:49 PM
Headin' out! NDB2 that beer better be cold when I get there!

Wally
01-04-2012, 08:55 PM
Wondering how many of the pilots flying us Bison faithful to Dallas are und grads and just annoyed as hell to see all the Bison swag all up in their planes?

bisonpride4ever
01-04-2012, 08:59 PM
Wondering how many of the pilots flying us Bison faithful to Dallas are und grads and just annoyed as hell to see all the Bison swag all up in their planes?

None, unless Dominos, Pizza Hut, or Papa Johns have delivery planes now

Wally
01-04-2012, 09:08 PM
Wondering how many of the flight attendants serving us Bison faithful on our way to Dallas are und flunkies and just annoyed as hell to see all the Bison swag all up in their planes?

Good point....gave way to much credit...I fixed it

BisonTeacher
01-04-2012, 09:19 PM

Hey!!! Thats my line....! Kidding...nice one.

TateMosersneighbor
01-04-2012, 09:34 PM
Wow - that is bigger than I thought.

Thats what she said

SamsRams
01-04-2012, 10:50 PM
jumping on I40 heading east. Wish the sign idea woulda been thought of earlier. Love the idea

Bison bison
01-04-2012, 11:03 PM

dude, that's like four shaves AND four haircuts!

MNLonghorn10
01-05-2012, 02:41 AM
landed in dallas a few hours ago. you can see your breath at night, but it aint too cold. downed my first whataburger...safe travels to the rest of you in the next few days. hope nobody breaks down!

Tatanka
01-05-2012, 09:04 AM

Would have been sweet sweet justice to have Frank c burgraff assigned to the FAR MSP DFW circuit for the weekend and have to stand there at the end of every flight thanking the millions of bison fans for allowing him the privelege of chauffeuring them to their destination.

SDbison
01-05-2012, 09:21 AM
Would have been sweet sweet justice to have Frank c burgraff assigned to the FAR MSP DFW circuit for the weekend and have to stand there at the end of every flight thanking the millions of bison fans for allowing him the privelege of chauffeuring them to their destination. Tatanka what the heck are you doing up at this hour? Party here in plano........

BisonBabe
01-05-2012, 09:29 AM
8 more hours of work.....gonna be a long day.

SamsRams
01-05-2012, 10:50 AM
3 hours out. Surprised it's longer drive to frisco from vegas then fargo

56BISON73
01-05-2012, 11:39 AM
Finishing up packing the food. Waiting for wife to get home from work. Then off we go.

JustinTyem
01-05-2012, 11:52 AM
Finishing up packing the food. Waiting for wife to get home from work. Then off we go.Drive careful and show'em the Bison Nation mean Business!!! Have Fun,Im jealous :)

Bison03
01-05-2012, 11:55 AM
Just hitting the road now. 1,080 miles to the party. The march to Frisco is on. Go Bison!!!!!!!

Bison03
01-05-2012, 01:54 PM
Already seeing some Bison fans on the road. Many with painted up windows. Just drove by Brookings and gave a nice honk and wave to the bunnies. Singing "On the Plains" at every state line.

BlueKeyAlum
01-05-2012, 02:07 PM
Godspeed, Bison Nation.

56BISON73
01-05-2012, 02:17 PM
Hittin the road. See yall in Frisco.

TransAmBison
01-05-2012, 02:19 PM
Hittin the road. See yall in Frisco.You got somebody runnin' blocker for all that sausage?

Bison03
01-05-2012, 02:27 PM
Forgot to look out the window entering South Dakota. Is there a yard sign? We need some pics up here.

Bisonfan1
01-05-2012, 02:58 PM
You got somebody runnin' blocker for all that sausage?

I got that covered, helicopter with a full fire team on board heavily armed trailing the Arkansas Expedition. God help the poor souls that try and hi jack TOHBTC Sausage.

CAS4127
01-05-2012, 03:09 PM
Plane flies out of Sioux Falls in t-minus 2:10 hours. Better get to the airport soon I guess!!

TransAmBison
01-05-2012, 03:11 PM
Plane flies out of Sioux Falls in t-minus 2:10 hours. Better get to the airport soon I guess!!Better get sedated as well...

Dabison
01-05-2012, 03:19 PM
How many taking the Charter flight tomorrow?

BisonTeacher
01-05-2012, 03:27 PM
How many taking the Charter flight tomorrow?

As Bohl said in his interview yesterday...last one out of Nodak....turn out the lights.

BlueBisonRock
01-05-2012, 03:29 PM
On the road on the other side of the state. Heading down I35 through Iowa and overnighting in KC. Will see y'all in Frisco tomorrow.

BisonTeacher
01-05-2012, 03:31 PM
On the road on the other side of the state. Heading down I35 through Iowa and overnighting in KC. Will see y'all in Frisco tomorrow.

Im guessing your camera is making the trip with you Rock, and looking forward to the pics after!!!!

MN_BISON
01-05-2012, 03:46 PM
Just heard from the boys on Rollin' Thunder, they should be getting close to the SD NE border. Honk and give them the horns if you see them on the highway.

Bison03
01-05-2012, 04:57 PM
Just heard from the boys on Rollin' Thunder, they should be getting close to the SD NE border. Honk and give them the horns if you see them on the highway.Rolling Thunder rolled past us at about 75 mph. We all gave them the horns and they responded by blowing their loud ass horn.

tjamz
01-05-2012, 05:10 PM
The Ford Escape carrying HandoEX, his son, his buddy Pauna and I has just passed the Fargo city limits. Hide your women and children, alert the authorities, say your prayers and eat your vitamins ' cuz we are on the loose!

MN_BISON
01-05-2012, 05:58 PM
Rolling Thunder rolled past us at about 75 mph. We all gave them the horns and they responded by blowing their loud ass horn.

Love it! That's 150dB coming at ya.

Bison03
01-05-2012, 06:07 PM
Almost to Omaha. According to the map we officially in the Missouri Valley.

LikeMothers
01-05-2012, 07:06 PM
Leaving Eden Prairie now for Hastings and then onto Kansas City tonight. If we're tired we'll sleep at our buddy's we're picking up there. If we're pumped we'll drive all night.

lakesbozo
01-05-2012, 07:12 PM
advice for travel'ers. If you get tired, pull over, if you get hungry eat, if you get thirsty, drink something.

Bison03
01-05-2012, 07:56 PM
Anyone got any good pics to post yet? Also, anybody putting up signs at the state lines.

Swaghook
01-05-2012, 08:22 PM
Will be pulling out of Fargo between 4:30 and 5pm.

BlueKeyAlum
01-05-2012, 08:25 PM
advice for travel'ers. If you get tired, pull over, if you get hungry eat, if you get thirsty, drink something.

If you get horny,....cut through Nevada.....

DjKyRo
01-05-2012, 08:27 PM
The Mega-Van has hit the road. 5 young hardy men southbound on I29

northendzone
01-05-2012, 08:52 PM
I think we are leading the pack on Thursday - we left at 6:00 am from Fargo and just drove thru Wichita at 3:45 only passed twice on the entire trip. Both that passed were going 90 plus... Watch for the blue Honda odyssey! The march is on!

northendzone
01-05-2012, 09:01 PM
FYI - before the toll road.... Nothing good from Topeka to Wichita.......

bri-dog
01-05-2012, 09:52 PM

Promise kept!!!!1413

56BISON73
01-05-2012, 10:08 PM

AR Hog fans are out in mass heading south to the Cotton Bowl. Im letting them do the blocking.

56BISON73
01-05-2012, 10:11 PM

Good rules to live by.

BigBison
01-05-2012, 10:24 PM
Leaving soon... will hopefully be pulling out of fargo around 6:30.

GO BISON

RRVBISON
01-06-2012, 01:16 AM
Our group of 5 just left Fargo. Lets do this...

kab1one
01-06-2012, 01:31 AM

Remember its a soccer staduim and the field is quite a bit bigger than a football field. So it will be almost as if a track was around the field on the sides, end zones won't be so bad.

Bison 4 Life
01-06-2012, 01:32 AM
Drove all day. Stopping for the night in Memphis. Gonna get me some barbeque, see The King's final resting place then on to Frisco

TransAmBison
01-06-2012, 01:48 AM
CAS got his pic to me...

http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt4/bobjohnson_03/407768_2941640190595_1548928025_32798399_111994907 7_n.jpg

LikeMothers
01-06-2012, 01:58 AM
I've never understood why there's no drive-through Pizza Patrol in Des Moines.

Had to make do with Texas Roadhouse.

Jay
01-06-2012, 01:58 AM
Bear Report: Highway patrolman parked in the median on I29 mile marker 26 in SD for all you drivers on the road.

BlueBisonRock
01-06-2012, 02:01 AM
Im guessing your camera is making the trip with you Rock, and looking forward to the pics after!!!!

Thanks for asking, yes the camera is making the trip. We are currently in Kansas City and enjoyed some KC BBQ with friends (Jack's Shac?). We pulled into the first rest stop in Missouri coming down 35 and we found these great statues. Six Bison in total. You gotta know that the State of Missouri loves the Bison!

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk298/rjehni/DSC_0923.jpg

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk298/rjehni/DSC_0917.jpg

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk298/rjehni/DSC_0925.jpg

Tatanka
01-06-2012, 02:44 AM
Thanks for asking, yes the camera is making the trip. We are currently in Kansas City and enjoyed some KC BBQ with friends (Jack's Shac?). We pulled into the first rest stop in Missouri coming down 35 and we found these great statues. Six Bison in total. You gotta know that the State of Missouri loves the Bison!

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk298/rjehni/DSC_0923.jpg

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk298/rjehni/DSC_0917.jpg

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk298/rjehni/DSC_0925.jpg

Hell yes. Anyone that beats Kansas is good in that part of Missouri

UTH
01-06-2012, 02:53 AM
Bear Report: Highway patrolman parked in the median on I29 mile marker 26 in SD for all you drivers on the road.

Right behind you, Ghostrider. All updates will be greatly appreciated...

LikeMothers
01-06-2012, 03:03 AM
Just passed the Misery state line.

Got a tradesman in an Econoline running blocker for us. Its not the same as a Trans Am but we'll take what we can get.

UTH
01-06-2012, 03:06 AM

If he knew anyone with cojones and a Trans-Am, he probably would.

Jay
01-06-2012, 03:11 AM
Right behind you, Ghostrider. All updates will be greatly appreciated...

We are driving straight through. I shall report bears or anything else when I see them.

BadlandsBison
01-06-2012, 03:13 AM
Speed limit irrelevant in Nebraska. Crossed the old Mormon trail. Didn't spot any Mormons

perthbison
01-06-2012, 03:15 AM
Right behind you, Ghostrider. All updates will be greatly appreciated...just curious, why aren't u taking 281 if you're from bismarck. it's shorter.

UTH
01-06-2012, 03:16 AM
We are driving straight through. I shall report bears or anything else when I see them.

kshhhhk... Roger Tango Mike Out.* kshhhk...

*sorry - can't do CB talk

LikeMothers
01-06-2012, 03:18 AM
If he knew anyone with cojones and a Trans-Am, he probably would.

not both, unfortunately.

UTH
01-06-2012, 03:18 AM
just curious, why aren't u taking 281 if you're from bismarck. it's shorter.

Because I was in Fargo.

perthbison
01-06-2012, 03:20 AM
Speed limit irrelevant in Nebraska. Crossed the old Mormon trail. Didn't spot any MormonsLook closer Badlands. If u see a 60 year old driving a car with 4 or 5 young ladies wearing bonnets, it might be one.:facepalm2:

UTH
01-06-2012, 03:23 AM
not both, unfortunately.

Ask that certain Trans-Am owner's wife to show you the homemade keychain in her purse. I've heard it's actually sorta a little funny.

UTH
01-06-2012, 03:25 AM
AR Hog fans are out in mass heading south to the Cotton Bowl. Im letting them do the blocking.

I hope they deal well with failure and disappointment.

BisonBabe
01-06-2012, 03:26 AM
Left Fargo at 4:45pm just checked into our hotel in Sioux City IA...will be on the road again by 7am...So far roads are great and seeing plenty of Bison Pride.

WYOBISONMAN
01-06-2012, 03:28 AM
Speed limit irrelevant in Nebraska. Crossed the old Mormon trail. Didn't spot any Mormons

Of course you didn't.....the bastards are all out here!!!!!

perthbison
01-06-2012, 03:45 AM
when u leavin Wyo?:confused:

UTH
01-06-2012, 03:54 AM
Passed the SD mile marker 26 a while back. The state trooper's shift either ended or he's moved on to greener pastures...

BadlandsBison
01-06-2012, 04:08 AM
Do NOT stop in Milford Nebraska. It had the feel of rape capital of rural Nebraska.

Herd Hauler
01-06-2012, 04:18 AM
On a charter bus just passing thru Wioux City - driving straight thru.

go_bison
01-06-2012, 04:21 AM
Kansas, I am in you!

56BISON73
01-06-2012, 04:22 AM
On a charter bus just passing thru Wioux City - driving straight thru.

You on the bus with Family Tatanka?

Tatanka
01-06-2012, 04:30 AM

yep... Sounds about right!

Herd Hauler
01-06-2012, 04:33 AM

Perhaps? Bus #1 from midwest sports tours. We're the gents sitting in the back playing poker!

UTH
01-06-2012, 04:38 AM
Just passed a state trooper w/ someone pulled over at IA mile marker 111, about 1 mile north of the rest area.

WYOBISONMAN
01-06-2012, 04:46 AM
when u leavin Wyo?:confused:

My flight leaves Salt Lake City tomorrow (Friday) @ 5PM........

Jay
01-06-2012, 04:47 AM
Bear Report: mile marker 37 on US 75, 10 miles south of Nebraska City.

Bison03
01-06-2012, 04:47 AM
About to cross the border into Texas. It has been a long day. On the homestretch.

UTH
01-06-2012, 04:50 AM
Just passed a state trooper w/ someone pulled over at IA mile marker 111, about 1 mile north of the rest area.

... and another at mile marker 98... w/ a pickemup pulled over. Iowa is rough.

UTH
01-06-2012, 04:55 AM
Has anybody continued south on US-75 from Nebraska City? It shaves quite a few miles off, but don't know anything about speed limit, road construction, etc. And we're well into deer time.

tjamz
01-06-2012, 04:58 AM
35 miles from the Oklahoma border. We've seen relatively few bears along the turnpike. looking to hit Okc in a couple hours or so.

WYOBISONMAN
01-06-2012, 05:06 AM
Have a safe night of driving.......I am hitting the sack.......WYO out!

SDbison
01-06-2012, 05:13 AM
Have a safe night of driving.......I am hitting the sack.......WYO out!

Wyo out? Nothing new. How is the sheep date? Tranny is gay!!

Jay
01-06-2012, 05:17 AM
Has anybody continued south on US-75 from Nebraska City? It shaves quite a few miles off, but don't know anything about speed limit, road construction, etc. And we're well into deer time.

We are on it right now. Two lane, 60 mph speed limit (one bear so far), no construction.

Jay
01-06-2012, 05:22 AM
Just got into Kansas, turns to 65 mph speed limit. One deer so far.

tjamz
01-06-2012, 05:25 AM
We went us75 as well. No construction we cruised at 70ish most of the way. Kansas turnpike was awesome to drive on. Seeing signs for roadwork now at OK/KS border but not seeing any slow downs yet.

SDbison
01-06-2012, 05:28 AM
Anybody have any women with them that are "shaving miles" off??!! Cindy says hi!!!

Edit: Tranny is gay and CAS is in my room!!

BadlandsBison
01-06-2012, 05:44 AM
Just arrived in Concordia, Kansas. Stopping here at holiday inn for the night.

westriver bison
01-06-2012, 05:59 AM
This video is the beginning of the road trip for Sam Houston. I think it's pretty cool.

http://youtu.be/xh14VFJEUls

LikeMothers
01-06-2012, 06:01 AM
Some juvenile humor to pass the time on the drive through the Missouri wasteland.

UND grads can PM me for an explanation.

DjKyRo
01-06-2012, 06:10 AM
Mega Car is calling it a night in Concordia, KS, and should be in Frisco around 4 pm tomorrow. Lost my phone before we hit Omaha and it's lying in the grass on some abandoned overpass. Also, Milford, NE, is the scariest town ever.

chuckles
01-06-2012, 06:16 AM
This video is the beginning of the road trip for Sam Houston. I think it's pretty cool.

I think there were more Bison fans at the Scheels pep rally before the Gopher game in 06.

BigBison
01-06-2012, 06:50 AM
In nebraska hwy 75.. Quiet nice drive no bears yet.

Jay
01-06-2012, 10:14 AM
Just wrapped up my driving shift, got us to just outside Oklahoma City. The Kansas Turnpike is one fabulous road.

Swaghook
01-06-2012, 11:05 AM
breakfast at the hotel and on the road again from Sioux City, IA.

BisonBabe
01-06-2012, 11:09 AM
The March is On again.....

TransAmBison
01-06-2012, 11:09 AM
Anybody have any women with them that are "shaving miles" off??!! Cindy says hi!!!

Edit: Tranny is gay and CAS is in my room!!I think you might have a surprise coming.

bisonhp330
01-06-2012, 11:12 AM
Beer on ice....check........tickets...ck.. belly full of oklahoha joes bbq...ck. southbound 71 65 miles from jopln

TransAmBison
01-06-2012, 11:23 AM
Sadly, it looks like Answer Guy will not make it to the Frisco...had a little "run in" with the law.

http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt4/bobjohnson_03/CSC_55932copy.jpg

Wally
01-06-2012, 11:32 AM
Airplane ride here we come.....weeeeeeeeeeeee.............quite a few bison fans at msp this morning. What are the odds that I get to sit next to the babe in yoga pants?

WYOBISONMAN
01-06-2012, 11:45 AM
Just walking up in WYO......coffee and watching morning Joe. Packing up in an hour and going to start making my way to SLC around 10AM MST. Should make Frisco if the Mormons don't abduct me.

perthbison
01-06-2012, 12:00 PM
My flight leaves Salt Lake City tomorrow (Friday) @ 5PM........do u switch in Denver by chance?

Jay
01-06-2012, 12:04 PM
Bear Report: Mile marker 51 (OK) on 35 south in the median. SUV with no light bar.

WYOBISONMAN
01-06-2012, 12:05 PM
do u switch in Denver by chance?

No, Delta non stop to DFW.

perthbison
01-06-2012, 12:13 PM
No, Delta non stop to DFW.damb, thought maybe we'd run into another bison fan for that half of my trip. see ya at tailgate tomorrow anyway.

VanClubPres
01-06-2012, 12:17 PM
http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo289/zingingtuck/Snapbucket/E936988C.jpg

6:18 Beers at MSP!!

heckler
01-06-2012, 12:33 PM
Just got into Chicago. Flying to Dallas at 940.

Hambone
01-06-2012, 12:52 PM
Airplane ride here we come.....weeeeeeeeeeeee.............quite a few bison fans at msp this morning. What are the odds that I get to sit next to the babe in yoga pants?

My experience with traveling - you will get the largest man on the plane planted in the middle seat right next to you. The babe will be sitting next to some old creepy guy. Speaking of - any pics of said babe that you can sneak???? This thread is lacking women :)

Also, have fun everybody! In 2001, a group of 5 of us drove down to Alabama for the DII championship game, and it was a hell of a memorable experience!

Bison"FANatic"
01-06-2012, 12:54 PM
Its a Convoy, by plane, by bus, by car, by pickup heck probably by hitch hiking. I hear a Herd thundering to Frisco!!!!!!!

Tatanka
01-06-2012, 01:04 PM
On midwesr sports tours bus number 2. In Oklahoma somewhere north of OK. Got a couple hrs sleep on the bus. Less leg room than a delta crj 100. :( don't care though cause were on our way. Go bison.

northendzone
01-06-2012, 01:19 PM
We made great time yesterday - left Fargo at 6:00 am and arrived in Dallas at 9:00 pm. We really made good time with the benefit of perfect weather. I was nervous about the 75 cut across after almost getting in a head on collision.... Did white Cadillac, did you see that? The was the biggest event of the trip - enjoying a nice coffe in lewisville Hilton now!

DjKyRo
01-06-2012, 01:31 PM
Taking off from north Kansas in a few minutes, oughta be in Frisco later this afternoon!

Kermit
01-06-2012, 02:06 PM
We're not flying out of Fargo until 5:20 pm today due to work obligations. Scheduled to arrive at DFW via Chicago at about 11:30 tonight. Hoping there are no complications. A little jealous of those of you who are already tearing up Frisco, but getting more excited by the second.

Go Bison!!

bri-dog
01-06-2012, 02:09 PM
Is our handiwork still on the "welcome to Texas" sign?

BadlandsBison
01-06-2012, 02:16 PM
Little stretch of road construction starting up south of Concordia, Kansas.

CAS4127
01-06-2012, 02:18 PM
Beautiful day in Plano/Frisco today--I mean really nice. Gonna head into Dallas and do the JFK experience. Licking wounds from bar recon mission last night. My call right now would be 3rd Base Bar, but gonna check on some others today. Izzy, if you like boobs, there are plenty at every bar!!:)

bisonboone11
01-06-2012, 02:19 PM
Has anyone heard an actual estimate from Pizza Hut Park staff indicating how many Bison fans bought tickets? I've heard many different numbers, but I've never seen anything myself.

WYOBISONMAN
01-06-2012, 02:35 PM
Beautiful day in Plano/Frisco today--I mean really nice. Gonna head into Dallas and do the JFK experience. Licking wounds from bar recon mission last night. My call right now would be 3rd Base Bar, but gonna check on some others today. Izzy, if you like boobs, there are plenty at every bar!!:)

I am gonna need some quality titties.........

BisonJD
01-06-2012, 02:35 PM
Flight leaves Sioux Falls today at 4:30....CANT F'ING WAIT FOR THIS GAME!!!!!

Notorious
01-06-2012, 02:38 PM
It's the day before the day...I'm hoping for a little more activity in this thread (w/ photos), as I'm relegated to living vicariously through most of you guys/gals this weekend. Gonna need my fix all day!!!

CAS...none of would mind if you did the "whole" JFK experience..."back and to the left"...just sayin'

Gobison88
01-06-2012, 02:42 PM
^^^^^this^^^^^^
Yep...let's see some photos please

LikeMothers
01-06-2012, 02:48 PM
Breakfast in coffeyville, ks next to the OK border. 1417

Comfortably Numb Bison
01-06-2012, 03:00 PM
Just hit the road a little while ago. Escalade loaded with Bison fans, gas, booze (for later), ipads, dvds. Roads are clear and dry. Cruise set at 85 eta 15 hours. The march continues

bisonmike2
01-06-2012, 03:19 PM
So who is staying home and watching this game on TV? I feel like I should start a couch potato thread so I can update you guys on how many beers I have down before kick-off and how many bag of chips I have opened.

17>1
01-06-2012, 03:29 PM
Cruising on the turnpike right now. Almost to Wichita. Can you believe this weather?

Go_Herd
01-06-2012, 03:32 PM
Sitting at the Sioux Falls airport for the flight out at 12:15. Throng of bison fans are even going to be on this flight. I think we are going to have great numbers down there.

bisongirl
01-06-2012, 03:36 PM
T minus 55 minutes until I pick up the kids from school and head to the airport--Frisco here we come!

BisonTeacher
01-06-2012, 03:58 PM
So who is staying home and watching this game on TV? I feel like I should start a couch potato thread so I can update you guys on how many beers I have down before kick-off and how many bag of chips I have opened.

We will be watching at home.

I'mWithNOSIB
01-06-2012, 04:03 PM

With that update you would have to include how much you paid for each beer and the percentage of chip fall to the ground with each beer consumed.

bison93
01-06-2012, 04:06 PM
Got into Frisco this morning about 1:30am.. Gonna check out the area and get ready to tailgate! Go Bison! :cheers:

Herd80
01-06-2012, 04:09 PM
Sitting in Atlanta, impatiently waiting to get this show on the road

Jay
01-06-2012, 04:11 PM
Tweet from Craig Dahl:

At the airport in STL can't believe all the Bison fans here headed to Frisco baby. Plane ride is going to be great.

MNLonghorn10
01-06-2012, 04:14 PM
we did that yesterday...lots of arkansas and kstate fans

tjamz
01-06-2012, 04:33 PM
Is our handiwork still on the "welcome to Texas" sign?

As of 5 minutes ago, yes! Nice work fellas!

Bison03
01-06-2012, 04:34 PM
Some photos from the road:

Rolling Thunder passing us in a cloud of dust.

Knew we must be close when the selection of pork rinds at the gas station were numerous.

The Bison have officially arrived in Texas.

I'mWithNOSIB
01-06-2012, 04:38 PM

http://youtu.be/xh14VFJEUls

Meanwhile the news just reported that massive looting has commenced in Huntsville since the entire police and sheriff department was busy escorting corpses to their final resting place.

DFWfootballfan
01-06-2012, 04:41 PM
you guys be safe and enjoy the area. Remember my final recommendations are Babes Chicken across from the stadium, Rudys BBQ next to the stadium and Bonedaddies about 5 miles south of the stadium on the tollway(hot women and good food). if you want good Tex Mex you can walk to either Mattitos or Blue Goose from the stadium and in frisco by the mall is La Hacienda Ranch which is awesome, good steaks and mexican food. highly recommended. plenty of bars in the area so good luck.

JustinTyem
01-06-2012, 04:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJn31oYYuqA

Hammerhead
01-06-2012, 04:51 PM
The campus must be in a rough neighborhood. :)

I've seen NFL teams get escorts from the hotel to the Metrodome and they only get about 7 or 8 cars/motorcycles. We also saw the Vikings busses get escorted to the airport in St. Louis and they only had 4 cop cars on the freeway -- 3 in front clearing 2 lanes and one bringing up the rear.

I'm not sure how the NCAA does it, but NFL teams go through airport screenings at the stadium so they are required to have secure transport to the airport. Who knows, mabye they had to drive all the way to Frisco.

Meanwhile the news just reported that massive looting has commenced in Huntsville since the entire police and sheriff department was busy escorting corpses to their final resting place.

onbison09
01-06-2012, 04:59 PM
you guys be safe and enjoy the area. Remember my final recommendations are Babes Chicken across from the stadium, Rudys BBQ next to the stadium and Bonedaddies about 5 miles south of the stadium on the tollway(hot women and good food). if you want good Tex Mex you can walk to either Mattitos or Blue Goose from the stadium and in frisco by the mall is La Hacienda Ranch which is awesome, good steaks and mexican food. highly recommended. plenty of bars in the area so good luck.

Babes is awesome

Professor Chaos
01-06-2012, 05:24 PM
I hereby claim this land as "South" North Dakota!

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/8783/texasborder.jpg

IndyBison
01-06-2012, 05:35 PM
Me too. I'm on the 2:55 flight.

coloradobison
01-06-2012, 05:36 PM
At Denver airport. Flight just over an hour from leaving.

NDSUstudent
01-06-2012, 06:03 PM
At MSP lots of bison fans on my flight to Dallas.

coloradobison
01-06-2012, 06:18 PM
Got a dozen or so Bison fans waiting for Frontier flight out if Denver at 1.

X-Factor
01-06-2012, 06:19 PM
I was in atlanta about an hour earlier than you i believe. Landed in dfw at 1230 central

Go Bison!

CAS4127
01-06-2012, 06:39 PM
Major Bison showing at Dealey Plaza today!

DjKyRo
01-06-2012, 06:48 PM
The badlands /kyro car is just passing Oklahoma City. Programmed the gps to avoid tolls and spent two hours driving through the seediest part of Kansas. Saw a truck pretty much wrapped around a bridge that backed up opposing traffic for a mile. ETA to Frisco is 5pm. Can't wait to party with bison fans tonight!

heffray
01-06-2012, 06:48 PM
Just boarded flight, a whole 10 min before scheduled take-off. Was sweating for a bit there, mostly from the running. Facts is mad, just leave him alone for a while.

heffray
01-06-2012, 06:52 PM
Any "Hail the Bison" songs or chants started on planes yet? If not, I may have to get bold here in a second...

BisonTeacher
01-06-2012, 06:58 PM
Major Bison showing at Dealey Plaza today!

Was there anyone behind the fence on the grassy knoll?

UTH
01-06-2012, 07:01 PM
And the rockets' red glare, the bombs bursting in air...
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff311/indio_rojas/BisonatTexasStateLine-1.jpg
Gave proof through the day that our signs were still there*...

*as of 1:30, anyway

runtheoption
01-06-2012, 07:08 PM
And the rockets' red glare, the bombs bursting in air...
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff311/indio_rojas/BisonatTexasStateLine-1.jpg
Gave proof through the day that our signs were still there*...

*as of 1:30, anyway

....and the home of the BISON!!!

WYOBISONMAN
01-06-2012, 07:16 PM
Decided to change to te earlier flight to DFW........at the SLC airport waiting for my flight! Should be at DFW by 5:30pm!

WYOBISONMAN
01-06-2012, 07:42 PM
Good numbers of Bison fans on the 1:50 Delta flight from SLC to DFW. This is FUCKING big!

heckler
01-06-2012, 08:23 PM
Checked in at the quality inn. Now to find beer.

bri-dog
01-06-2012, 08:26 PM
We are at pokes sports bar started a few hail the bison songs and rousing edition of red solo cup and donated a flag to the bar!

tjamz
01-06-2012, 08:34 PM
We are all checked into our hotel. Just resting up a little and getting ready to get things started this evening.

GO BISON!

CaBisonFan
01-06-2012, 08:59 PM
I'm giving away my ticket in section 108. Was gonna sell it. All I care is that a real Bison fan gets it. PM me if interested. I'm posting this at 4:00 pm central time.

To get the ticket you'd have to go to my motel's front desk. They have agreed to give it to the person that I authorize. It's in Plano.

BisBison
01-06-2012, 09:01 PM
On the way to the airport. 6 hours to Frisco!!! GO BISON!

No_Skill
01-06-2012, 09:10 PM
Sitting at the gate in Bismarck. Today was a long day.

WYOBISONMAN
01-06-2012, 10:09 PM
WYO is on the ground @ DFW.

CAS4127
01-06-2012, 10:13 PM
Checked in at the quality inn. Now to find beer.

Gas station just a block west has beer.

THEsocalledfan
01-06-2012, 10:25 PM
Hello all,

THEsocalled fan, with two children in tow, are on their way. I have a crazy connection schedule flying FSD-MSP-MEM-DFW. I thought I'd be the only Bison fan going to Memphis, but believe it or not, we have a ton of Bison fans on this plane. We got out of MSP on time, so should be at DFW by 2130. Do I dare start a hail the bison chant on the plane?

(I love in air internet!)

DjKyRo
01-06-2012, 10:29 PM
We just arrived at the Fairfield Inn and are unpacking. We're headed to the Legacy deal over at the Colony and are going to drink at the hotel bar in the meantime.

THEsocalledfan
01-06-2012, 10:32 PM
We just arrived at the Fairfield Inn and are unpacking. We're headed to the Legacy deal over at the Colony and are going to drink at the hotel bar in the meantime.

Hey, aren't you a yell leader? Don't you have to set the proper example?

(Oh, wait a minute, you ARE!!!!)

SDBison92
01-06-2012, 10:33 PM
We got the flight attendant to give a go Bison right before we landed in Dallas on Wed over the intercom.

DjKyRo
01-06-2012, 10:36 PM
Hey, aren't you a yell leader? Don't you have to set the proper example?

(Oh, wait a minute, you ARE!!!!)

No, I am officially done with that schtick with the conclusion of home games (the metaphorical "home game" status of Frisco via Bison fans takeover notwithstanding).

17>1
01-06-2012, 10:43 PM
Here. Lewisville Country Inn & Suites. Tired. Need to catch a second wind or two.

THEsocalledfan
01-06-2012, 10:54 PM
One other comment:

My 99 yo grandmother passed away Sunday and we just had a funeral yesterday in Crookston, MN. So, being from Sioux Falls, I drove up 29 on Wed. and back again on Thurs. I was amazing how many Bison buses I saw going south on Wed., and numerous cars with signs on the windows on Thurs. i saw a barn with "Bison" in lights on the side.

Perhaps I am getting a little emotional with everything, but does everyone realize how special this is? We have a whole state, not to mention many of us who are out of state, back into the Bison. My aunt at the funeral (who happens to be married to an ardent UND supporter; they both went there) are watching the game and supporting the Bison. My mom is supporting the Bison. (For anyone who knows me, this is incredible. another UND alumni.....thank God for my dad raising me right) My brother, who lives in Omaha and stayed at my house last night (VCSU alumni), shows up at my house last night wearing a Bison sweatshirt. Even PA is giving us love on KFAN. (For those who scoff, this is a huge deal for NDSU........the metro area is critical for future success.)

The tradition is back. (I need to give a major hat tip to CAbison. He pegged this early in the season.) The passion is back. We have a coach who may already be in the class of the past great Bison coaches, we have a great AD, we had a President named Chapman that should have buildings named for him, we will finally have a world class stadium next year, we have TAB and his crazy coat, we have former great Bison players coming to the game (nearly had tears when I heard Bentrim was coming), we have CAS posting on Bisonville (for those who don't know, another former Bison great), we have a tailgating scene that is unreal, we have a team the torments the Gophers, we have marble floors in the football offices, we pounded SDSU, as we should, man, i could go on forever.....

My goodness, isn't this awesome? Yes, no one outside the die hards will remember if NDSU loses to tomorrow (don't believe, me, tell me who lost the super bowl even last year....I even forgot NDSU lost in the early 1980's.....), but, to paraphrase Field of Dreams, "They will come."

Just you wait.....every game will be sold out next year. The Bison are back. We have young kids in ND who are growing up on the Bison like TAB and I did. Time to usher in a new dynasty. Time for the Bison to return to their past glory.

Hail the Bison!

IzzyFlexion
01-06-2012, 11:26 PM
Finally arrived in the Bay Area. San Francisco here I come!!!
What?............I've already used that lame joke?
.Here in DFW Bitches!!!!!
Candlewood Suites just about 11 miles south of PHP.
Paging thru the stripper directory right about.............now.

chuckles
01-06-2012, 11:44 PM
On midwesr sports tours bus number 2. In Oklahoma somewhere north of OK. Got a couple hrs sleep on the bus. Less leg room than a delta crj 100. :( don't care though cause were on our way. Go bison.
I don't know what your talking about I enjoyed my compllementary upgrade on the CRJ from Bis....... ahh nevermind!!

Msp now, having a few at the mill city tavern!

NDSUBowler
01-06-2012, 11:49 PM
Thunderstruck came on here at Third Base! Love this city!

JSUBison
01-07-2012, 12:28 AM
I will leave home at 2AM and drive two hours to Greensboro to catch my super early flight. Should be on the ground at DFW around 9am. I don't dare take a nap before hand, don't want to oversleep. Can't believe this day is almost here.

WYOBISONMAN
01-07-2012, 12:35 AM
Checked in to the Quality Inn, Plano. Where the hell is everyone?!?!?