PDA

View Full Version : First Scrimmage

DIBISON
04-01-2007, 04:38 AM
Highlights on all of the TV stations tonight on the scrimmage today in the FargoDome. Coach Bohl comment that the defense was very athletic and created turnovers. Both Maresh and Kittleson had interception returns for a TD. WR Belquist had a TD catch.

Bison53
04-01-2007, 04:53 PM
The DB that the Bison just picked up, is he participating in spring ball?

BisonNeil
04-01-2007, 06:45 PM
The DB that the Bison just picked up, is he participating in spring ball?

I doubt it very much. He just signed and you have to be enrolled at the university to participate.

TheDoctor
04-01-2007, 09:29 PM
Highlights on all of the TV stations tonight on the scrimmage today in the FargoDome. *Coach Bohl comment that the defense was very athletic and created turnovers. *Both Maresh and Kittleson had interception returns for a TD. *WR Belquist had a TD catch.

Belquist I believe had 2 TD's, similar to spring game 2 years ago.

sambini
04-02-2007, 02:03 AM
How did Joe Mays and the defense look B1SON?

TheDoctor
04-02-2007, 03:20 AM
I wasn't able to make the game, but I was with the Belquist family on Saturday night and they told me about his two TD's. *My Dad did ref the game though and he said they looked as good as they could for being the first time they have tackled this spring. Plus they starting D didn't play a lot of series against the starting O and I believe they started every posession 40 yards out of the endzone. *

sambini
04-02-2007, 04:10 AM
Thanks B1SON

TheDoctor
04-02-2007, 02:08 PM
Thanks B1SON

No problem. ;)

reality
04-02-2007, 04:52 PM
What did the safeties look like?? Is anyone separating themselves to fill Craig Dahl's shoes this upcoming year??

TheDoctor
04-02-2007, 08:18 PM
What did the safeties look like?? Is anyone separating themselves to fill *Craig Dahl's shoes this upcoming year??

I can't answer that because as I said, I was not there. Anyone else attend?????? Anybody???????

Gamehunter
04-02-2007, 11:51 PM
I would say nobody will replace what Dahl did, but the secondary as a whole can get better. All of the CB's return and Shommer anchoring at safety should make for a very solid group. I dare say Schommer can be as good as Dahl, but only playing FS. Spring game should be interresting!

oldrunner
04-03-2007, 12:27 PM
sounds like the defense played very well. How did the running backs look.

Did Roehl get many reps at tailback and if so how did his backups look at fullback with Jangs not suited up.

reality
04-03-2007, 02:01 PM
I would say nobody will replace what Dahl did, but the secondary as a whole can get better. All of the CB's return and Shommer anchoring at safety should make for a very solid group. I dare say Schommer can be as good as Dahl, but only playing FS. Spring game should be interresting!

I assumed that Shommer would be tough again this year, but who is there battling for the other safety spot vacated by Dahl? Does it look like the JC kid could have a shot or is there a young kid coming up that can do the job?

RedRiver
04-03-2007, 05:42 PM
The highlights of the spring game showed Kittleson from Velva returning an interception for a touchdown. I assume that he is in the mix at safety as well.

KTF
04-03-2007, 08:31 PM
I am under the impression that Kyle Belmont is the heir to the Dahl throne. *Wasn't he the #2 at the position last year? *May the best guy win!

Gamehunter
04-04-2007, 01:40 AM
I havn't heard anything specific but was thinking Belmont will be starting at SS next fall, however we shall see what the rest of spring practice and next fall unravels for us. I'm sure they have a couple of very qualified replacements at SS to compete for the spot.

SlickVic
04-04-2007, 05:30 AM
mertens looked ill and really slick w it *threading the needle he is the backup qb that #2 from houston had 6 catches in traffic 2 or 3 of them he had 10+ YAC he's pretty slick with it anybody remember his punt return at last years spring game he's raw blincoe was having problems coughing up the ball hes pretty slick with it tho hes the same type back as steffes and will prolly be better

silkamilkamonico
04-04-2007, 04:05 PM
Jamar Champ is #2 I believe. he has a lot of explosiveness, but his hands needed a lot of work. Of course if he's catching them in traffic he may improving significantly with catching the ball.

Anyone know how Gary Williams looked? Great recruit out of Texas at WR that redshirted last year, he seems to have a lot of ability coming into the program.

I will be exctied to see how WR looks next year. It continues to be an upgrade each year over what we've had in the past, and with a great QB like Walker and NDSU thin on experience at the RB position, I wouldn't be surprised to see Coach Bohl put the ball more in Walker's hands.

99Bison
04-04-2007, 08:04 PM
http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=11850&SPID=695&DB_OEM_ID=24 00&ATCLID=839491

Wow, this go bison site has lots of article's that provide info on questions posted on here all the time 8-)

DIBISON
04-04-2007, 11:52 PM
I havn't heard anything specific but was thinking Belmont will be starting at SS next fall, however we shall see what the rest of spring practice and next fall unravels for us. *I'm sure they have a couple of very qualified replacements at SS to compete for the spot. *

TV sports reported tonight that Belmont is first on the depth chart ahead of C. Lemon (sp).

sambini
04-08-2007, 11:32 AM
Isn't Matt Kittelson a linebacker? How is the defensive line doing?