PDA

View Full Version : Bison Stepping up again?!?

BisonSig
03-28-2007, 08:02 PM
Just a thought and of course its years away for the Bison. *If the BCS moves to a play off system, as is currently being considered, see link below, I am totally in favor of the Bison moving up to the next level in football. *Any other thoughts?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2815940&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

roadwarrior
03-28-2007, 08:07 PM
Like you say its (many) years away. *

NDSUFREAK10
03-28-2007, 08:58 PM
Let's get playoff eligible first in FCS and then we can talk.

westsidebison
03-29-2007, 12:33 AM
Yeah let's win a couple titles in FCS and down the road we can talk. I wouldn't want to be in FBS unless they get rid of the stupid bowls. The bowls are the only negative aspect of college football in my mind. I think bowls are evil!! >:(

Hammerhead
03-29-2007, 01:45 AM
I'd want to see a good decade of domination in FCS before we even think about moving up to what is currently the BCS.

kchats
03-29-2007, 03:25 AM
NDSU has a good thing going right now with membership in the Mid Con Conference and the Gateway Football Conference and the Western Wrestling Conference.

Now NDSU needs to continue to grow the programs and build a strong and consistently winning division I program at the level we are currently at before thinking of any more movements.

NDSU should only consider moving up to FBS football if they are a part of a conference moving up or have a formal offer to join an existing conference. Independent scheduling is tough and if NDSU doesn't have to go through that again I'll be one happy guy.

I was for looking into FBS when NDSU's conference options looked bleak but now that NDSU is in a conference lets do what we can to get better and make the conference better at the same time. ;D

Mid-Con_Jack
03-29-2007, 04:14 AM
Where's that voice of reason -- that Lakes fellow -- on this subject?

Bison7925
03-29-2007, 01:33 PM
MC Jack

Don't GO there, leave sleeping dogs lie.

Paulie
03-29-2007, 01:59 PM

He's over on the media blog board polluting that thing to the point it's worthless. >:(

I'm sure he's been banned from here again. ;D

99Bison
03-29-2007, 05:06 PM

He's over on the media blog board polluting that thing to the point it's worthless. >:(

It's not lakes, its an imposter posing as lakes... most all the posts called "lakesbison" from there are this.

CaBisonFan
03-30-2007, 03:12 AM
Just a thought and of course its years away for the Bison. *If the BCS moves to a play off system, as is currently being considered, see link below, I am totally in favor of the Bison moving up to the next level in football. *Any other thoughts?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2815940&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

I'd be all for it after about 5 years in the Gateway. NDSU could be much like the Huskers. We have to get bigger and better for a while and wait for the right conference to move into....or go up with the Gateway. It would be perfect if the Gateway members collectively made the push. That way...we would keep the same schedule during the transition. I'm with you though.

ndsubison
03-30-2007, 02:12 PM

He's over on the media blog board polluting that thing to the point it's worthless. *>:(

I'm sure he's been banned from here again. * ;D

It's not lakes, its an imposter posing as lakes... most all the posts called "lakesbison" from there are this.

That's true. It's gotten so bad that poor lakes has even quit trying to defend himself and clear his name. He must have made somebody pretty mad.

IowaBisonToo
03-30-2007, 04:20 PM

He's over on the media blog board polluting that thing to the point it's worthless. *>:(

I'm sure he's been banned from here again. * ;D

That's true. *It's gotten so bad that poor lakes has even quit trying to defend himself and clear his name. *He must have made somebody pretty mad.

Dave K, perhaps??? :-? :-? ;)

99Bison
03-30-2007, 04:41 PM

That's true. It's gotten so bad that poor lakes has even quit trying to defend himself and clear his name. He must have made somebody pretty mad.

Dave K, perhaps??? :-? :-? ;)

Don't think it is anyone that lakes made mad. Simply someone (or two) taking advantantage of the situation of there where you don't have to register and you can put in any name you want.

lakesbison
03-30-2007, 06:53 PM
Im SOO down for this to happen.

NDSU to the WAC in 3 years!!

I watch Phil Hanson ask Gene this question all the time.

I think Fargo has the wherewithall to pursue it and I really think that we are a big enough market.

Fargo and surrounding areas need to shed this Small town image and start ACTING like a major US city, which includes a MAJOR Division 1 FBS team!!!

silkamilkamonico
03-30-2007, 07:54 PM
Fargo and surrounding areas need to shed this Small town image and start ACTING like a major US city, which includes a MAJOR Division 1 FBS team!!!

They likely are.

They just aren't going to make the mistake of making it happen overnight.

RodentiaX1
03-30-2007, 09:05 PM
Joining the WAC is a fine goal down the road. However, you can't just pound on the door of the WAC and demand admission. If an FBS conference decides to expand in the future, that may be an opportunity to move up. Until then, about all that NDSU can do is to get in a position to be able to move up - build attendance until the Fargodome is bursting at the seams, and get more coverage for NDSU games.

sambini
03-30-2007, 10:07 PM
One step at a time.

02Bison
03-30-2007, 11:14 PM

Lakes, some things shouldn't be rushed. A move to FBS is one of those things. I think Championship Divison I football is the best fit for the Bison. *The Bison can play 1 or 2 FBS teams a year, while still being championship eligible in the FCS. *Like it or not, the FBS post season is "FBS" without the "F"! *Just my two-cents on this. *

TheBisonator
03-30-2007, 11:27 PM
The way I think an FBS move may happen is if one or two of the weaker MVC schools bolt for the Horizon League (Evansville and Bradley, perhaps??) and allows NDSU and SDSU (and Western Illinois??) to get into the MVC. Then Wichita State adds football and maybe Drake adds scholarships, and MVC football is reborn at the FBS level. It's a complicated chain of circumstances, but that's the only likely way I see it happening in the next 10 years. Now, if we get too big for what we have, and increase the student pop. to 17-18,000 or so and build a 30,000-seat stadium, and if F-M's metro population reaches something like 300,000 by the year 2020 or so, then I think the Mountain West would eventually be a good choice. But I agree with people on here. Let's just enjoy what we have right now. I could get very used to this Mid-Con/Gateway ride we got going on for us right now.

99Bison
03-31-2007, 05:56 PM

Agreed, it will happen sooner or later. General statement: I think people in the area are finally just now realizing that the area has this potential... need to keep the area moving forward.

TheBisonator
04-01-2007, 12:56 AM

Agreed, it will happen sooner or later. General statement: I think people in the area are finally just now realizing that the area has this potential... need to keep the area moving forward.

My biggest fear is that the rest of North Dakota will become jealous of our growth to the point where they will try to do things to hinder our growth (Like the legislature).

I have no worries about people's views of our city who live in our city, I'm worried about hick senators from towns like Carson or Glen Ullin who become extremely jealous and ban together to try to drag Fargo/West Fargo/Horace to the ground.

sambini
04-08-2007, 11:44 AM

My biggest fear is that the rest of North Dakota will become jealous of our growth to the point where they will try to do things to hinder our growth (Like the legislature).

I have no worries about people's views of our city who live in our city, I'm worried about hick senators from towns like Carson or Glen Ullin who become extremely jealous and ban together to try to drag Fargo/West Fargo/Horace to the ground.
You know they think of us as IMPERIAL CASS. We need to be North Dakotas team..

TxBisonFan
04-08-2007, 05:06 PM
We need to North Dakota's team?? We are!! However my Grandma told me "Don't count your chickens before they hatch." The WAC in 3 years is just ridiculous. 10-15 maybe. But 3 Come On Lakes.

sambini
04-09-2007, 01:46 AM
We need to North Dakota's team?? *We are!! *However my Grandma told me "Don't count your chickens before they hatch." *The WAC in 3 years is just ridiculous. *10-15 maybe. *But 3 Come On Lakes.
The WAC WILL COME IN TIME. BUT LETS DO IT ONE STEP AT A TIME.