PDA

View Full Version : Future ND HIGH SCHOOL RECRUITS

sambini
03-10-2007, 04:23 AM
Watching the Class A basketball tourney at the Fargo dome. I saw a couple of future recruits playing hoops.Zach Elgie from Minot High is a quaterback -safety I believe. Minot Bison maybe you can shed some light on him. Zach is a junior. And Brent Quale from Willston High is HUGE 6'7" LINEMEN . Brent is a sophmore. Good athletes. I know Coach Bohl really likes Brent.

MinotBison
03-10-2007, 04:47 AM
Watching the Class A basketball tourney at the Fargo dome. I saw a couple of future recruits playing hoops.Zach Elgie from Minot High is a quaterback -safety I believe. Minot Bison maybe you can shed some light on him. Zach is a junior. And Brent Quale from Willston High is HUGE 6'7" LINEMEN . *Brent is a sophmore. Good athletes. I know Coach Bohl really likes Brent.

As for young Mr. Elgie, he could play and succeed at pretty much any sport he chooses. In a number of basketball games, he has simply taken over the game by sheer force of will. Minot's BB team would not be anywhere near the same without him.

For awhile, I thought he could maybe be a DIAA QB prospect. He does also play LB (not Safety). He is certainly built like one, that's for sure. His Dad was a QB for Minot, and his grandfather Vence was the Minot State head football coach some years back, so football is definitely in his blood.

However, I think long term that his future might be in baseball. He is a 1st baseman and Catcher if memory serves, and also pitches once in awhile. In recent years, several of Minot's better baseball players have wound up at Nebraska, so it wouldn't surprise me if he did, too. Minot figures to have an extremely good American Legion baseball team this year, so we will see what happens.

Bottom line, it would be nice to see him in a green and gold uniform, but I'm just not sure what sport.

sambini
03-10-2007, 12:56 PM
Thanks Minot Bison FOR THE STORY. What do you think of Brent Quale as a football player? What happened to Andrew Gudmundson at Nebraska? I see he left for UND.

MinotBison
03-10-2007, 03:14 PM
Thanks Minot Bison FOR THE STORY. What do you think of Brent Quale as a football player? What happened to Andrew Gudmundson at Nebraska? I see he left for UND.

As far as Qvale on the FB field, I don't really know much about him. In BB, he's listed at 6'7" and has to weigh in the 270+ area, and he's not fat. I am sure that Coach Bohl is well aware of he and Elgie.

I don't really know what happened to Gudmundson, either. He is 6'5" and he played SS in American Legion ball, which I always thought was kind of tall for that position. He did pitch some, too.

Sorry I couldn't help with more info.

wilson
03-10-2007, 07:17 PM
I believe that Brent Q from Williston is gonna play bball at one of the Montana Schools, cant remember which one....

sambini
03-10-2007, 08:14 PM
I thought Brian Quale was the older brother that is going to Montana?

MinotBison
03-10-2007, 08:31 PM
I thought Brian Quale was the older brother that is going to Montana?

Brent I believe is only a sophomore. Brian is going to the U of Montana to play BB.

Jdubs21
03-10-2007, 08:31 PM
would be nice to have him come here to play basketball so when we play montana his brother will know the mistake her made when little brother and the bison woop montana grizz ass...lol

sambini
03-21-2007, 02:53 AM
Brent Quale COULD BE THE BIGGEST HIGH SCHOOL RECRUIT IN RECENT YEARS? I know he is only a sophomore. But if he shines at a few camps this summer the word will be out. And coaches will be headed to Williston. What do you guys think?

Gamehunter
03-21-2007, 05:43 AM
Brent Quale COULD BE THE BIGGEST HIGH SCHOOL RECRUIT IN RECENT YEARS? I know he is only a sophomore. But if he shines at a few camps this summer the word will be out. And coaches will be headed to Williston. What do you guys think?

++

Bohl and Co need to place a permanent camp in Williston to keep on eye on that kid. He will be a top ND college prospect in a couple years, I am only afraid he will be out of NDSU's reach. 6'7" 270lb as a sophomore, and this guy is no marshmallow. Word on the street is he wants to play middle 'backer next year for the 'yotes! anyone else hear? Very quick for 270.

DORMIE
03-21-2007, 01:10 PM
I believe that Brent has been to Bison football camps. He was at the SDSU mens game a year ago when his brother was being recruited. He was really fired up. His father Sanford played FB for the Bison and was Pat Simmers room mate. He currently works for the Extention Service in Williston. Our coaches have had many visits with the family.

2006gwfcchamps
03-21-2007, 01:14 PM
Hopefully he wants to stay in state.

Hopefully MN and other FBS schools stay away.

I doubt he'd go to any other FCS school than NDSU.

NDsportsFan
03-21-2007, 03:12 PM
Another very good football player from the West is Brett Farstveet at Bismarck High. Good quickness, speed and strength. He is around 6'1" and 195 and played LB last season so will be bigger for his Senior year. He has a great nose for the ball and excellent speed off the edge. Luke Senger who will be coming to SU and Brett were a dynamic duo at LB for Coach Gibson. His brother was recruited at several schools including NDSU, Minnesota and UND. He plays DE at UND.

Mr. Elgie is a very good athlete, but I agree, his standout sport is baseball. I have seen him play alot.

Brent Quale is the real deal. I had an opportunity to visit with his father, Sanford, several years ago about his sons. He said Brian (Montana) was more mello and young Brent has a real mean streak. Very competitive. Gotta love a big man that puts in a mouth guard when he heads out onto the basketball court! I can't see him playing backer but who knows. In my opinion, he was every bit as good as a Soph. as Austin Richards. Richards was the most regarded Senior lineman in the area. IF Brent can get some guidance from camps, he could be a very good pro someday. I think the biggest threat to his football future is his age and size. By that I mean that he could continue to grow. The Forum had a story on the Quale brothers during the Super A and measured Brent at 6'8" and 298 lbs. He is only a Soph. so what happens if he is 6'10"? You don't see guys play football past high school after they pass 6'8". His brother is 6'11".

2006gwfcchamps
03-21-2007, 03:46 PM
Jonathan Ogden is 6'9".

Might be one of the best OT to ever play the game.

Why not 6'10"? It'll probably happen someday.

NDsportsFan
03-21-2007, 04:12 PM
Ogden is currently the exception rather than the rule. I agree it is bound to happen someday. If I recall, it wasn't that many years ago that the 330-350 lb lineman was considered to be the exception. Now it is the standard. In the end the big schools and the NFL recruit the best athletes. Best of luck to anyone coming out of ND.

Flintstone
03-21-2007, 07:33 PM
I read on another board that he will attend a camp at Nebraska this summer.

WePharm
03-21-2007, 09:08 PM
It will be very tough to keep Brent from going FBS. I'm sure the word will be out if it's not already about this huge ND kid. I'm sure the big upper midwest FBS schools will be after him. I good question for him would be if he wants to play for a national championship team or in some campbell soup bowl.

Another question...could he play basketball at SU besides football? I realize it's probably a stretch but is it out of the question? I could potentially see him playing some valuable backup minutes at center. If he could it might be a selling point.

NDsportsFan
03-22-2007, 01:40 PM
I would have to believe that unless his older brother finds that he doesn't like it too well at Montana, they will have the inside track to land Brent if he doesn't go FBS. But a lot can happen in the next two years.

ndsubison1
03-25-2007, 08:16 PM
Brent Qvale will be one of the top recruits to ever come out of ND. I believe Minnesota and a few other D-1 schools are already looking at him. It would be great to see him in a Bison uniform!

NDSUstudent
03-25-2007, 09:36 PM
I heard Jamie Mauch WR from Hankison might be going to NDSU to play football, he was first team all-state in Class A(I think) and is about 6'4. He is very athletic and is pretty good on the hardwood as well.

lakesbison
03-25-2007, 09:44 PM
doubt that any ND kids will make an impact for NDSU in near future.

the talent just isn't there. Minneapolis/Twin Cities needs to be priority #1, with Wisconsin #2, Outstate Minnesota #3, Chicago/Texas, then North Dakota. (TALENT WISE)

NDSUstudent
03-25-2007, 10:02 PM
Yep, Kyle Steffes, Rob Hunt, Scott Walter, Tyler Rohl, Zach Harrington, Tyler Jangula and J Wurz(just to name a few) have all done nothing for NDSU football. Lakes you are moron, ND players will always play a big role on NDSU's team. Look out for Matt Anderson and Austin Richard as well in the future and probably even this year in Anderson's case.

ndsubison1
03-25-2007, 10:02 PM
doubt that any ND kids will make an impact for NDSU in near future.

the talent just isn't there. Minneapolis/Twin Cities needs to be priority #1, with Wisconsin #2, Outstate Minnesota #3, Chicago/Texas, then North Dakota. * (TALENT WISE)

Brent Qvale would make an immediate impact if he goes to NDSU in 3 years.

lakesbison
03-25-2007, 10:15 PM
Im not saying ANY ND players have helped the program.

I just listed the top 5 priority's for NDSU football recruiting.

if a ND player Quale, is there, NDSU goes for him, otherwise, No Dak isnt a TOP priority.

NDSUstudent
03-25-2007, 10:19 PM
Lakes you better clean up that first post then because there are ND kids that can make an impact, there aren't many but there is at least a few each year. Bohl will always focus on those guys first and then look elsewhere.

sambini
03-26-2007, 12:08 AM
NDSU STUDENT YOU ARE RIGHT ON . Lakes have you ever seen YOUNG MR. QUALE? His dad played back for the Bison in the 70s with Pat Simmers. He will be the highest pursued kid to come out of North Dakota in years. Don't forget about Zach Elgie of Minot High also. Coach will not try to let anyone leave the state.

WePharm
03-26-2007, 12:24 AM
Always, always, always recruit North Dakota first. Sure there is not as many kids here, but there are definitely some that can play with anyone. Guys like Steffes that not only have talent but play with
heart & smarts.

Remember we're NORTH DAKOTA STATE UNIVERSITY, not central red river valley of the north university!

Gamehunter
03-26-2007, 03:24 AM
Sanford tried out for a pro team many moons ago. Was it the Dolphins?

tony
03-26-2007, 10:40 AM
I don't believe that NDSU only recruits one place and then moves on to the next one. I doubt anybody does. Wouldn't it make more sense for NDSU to evaluate players throughout their recruiting area, rank them, and then make offers to best players (regardless of where they come from)?

The reason NDSU has been signing North and South Dakota kids is because they are damn good football players and/or because they have a lot of potential. So what's the problem again? Lakes not getting enough attention?

Obviously, Qvale would be a steal but there are a lot of other ND kids NDSU will be looking at over the next couple years.

sambini
03-27-2007, 12:36 AM
Sanford tried out for a pro team many moons ago. *Was it the Dolphins?
Was it the LIONS?

Gamehunter
03-27-2007, 02:26 AM
Sanford tried out for a pro team many moons ago. Was it the Dolphins?
Was it the LIONS?

++ that rings a bell now.

sambini
04-09-2007, 01:51 AM
I think he had to hang it up because of a bad back?