PDA

View Full Version : 300 tickets available tomorrow

bkit29
12-30-2011, 03:18 AM
first come first serve to people with priority points that have not recieved tickets earlier.

I am a season ticket holder, but do not donate.....do I have any priority points?

HerdBot
12-30-2011, 03:24 AM
W t h did these come from?

NFLBison
12-30-2011, 03:26 AM
huh? arent they going to contact the next # on the list?

its first come first serve? oh my, you're kidding i hope

99Bison
12-30-2011, 03:29 AM
first come first serve to people with priority points that have not recieved tickets earlier.

I am a season ticket holder, but do not donate.....do I have any priority points?

You should.

bkit29
12-30-2011, 03:29 AM
huh? arent they going to contact the next # on the list?

its first come first serve? oh my, you're kidding i hope

It was on the news. tomorrow at 8am

NFLBison
12-30-2011, 03:30 AM
link it then. I think this is crap if they dont goto the next person in line #940 or whichever.

bkit29
12-30-2011, 03:31 AM
W t h did these come from?

returned tickets from players and staff.

bkit29
12-30-2011, 03:35 AM
link it then. I think this is crap if they dont goto the next person in line #940 or whichever.

cant find a link, but it was one of the lead stories on kvly.

bkit29
12-30-2011, 03:37 AM
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/345554/

imabison
12-30-2011, 03:42 AM

They did say early on that NO tickets would be returned to the NCAA. This should make
the people selling tickets on Stub Hub shudder a bit.

bkit29
12-30-2011, 03:48 AM
You should.

Is there a way I can check? I have checked gobison.com but did not find anything.

Vitojr130
12-30-2011, 03:50 AM
They did say early on that NO tickets would be returned to the NCAA. This should make
the people selling tickets on Stub Hub shudder a bit.

shudder, and then say "meh" because there were over 7000 people that put in for them and only about 4500 tickets were given out. That's 2500 more people that want tickets.

Hammersmith
12-30-2011, 03:54 AM
Sam, there's no way to know how many of the next people in line have already gotten tickets through alternate sources or have completely scrapped plans for Frisco. To wait for a confirmation before moving on to the next listed party would take forever. Given the circumstances, this is probably the best way to handle it.

56BISON73
12-30-2011, 04:28 AM
returned tickets from players and staff.

Are you sure?

Da_Bizon
12-30-2011, 04:32 AM
Is there a way I can check? I have checked gobison.com but did not find anything.

On Gobison.com, go to tickets, then my account. Sign in, and you'll see your points in the middle of the page. I think if you are a season ticket holder without donating, you get one point for each season you have purchased tickets.

Jay
12-30-2011, 04:50 AM
I've been a season ticket holder in basketball and football for three years now, and donating to Team Makers for that time... my account says I have no history. So I wouldn't always count that to be accurate.

Wally
12-30-2011, 05:08 AM
Brief synopsis of the ticket issue

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/345590/group/Sports/

The amount of priority points requesters needed to be assured tickets, Hemingway said.

The numbers of requesters with 110 priority points or more who placed an order of 25 tickets, the highest amount possible.

The highest number of points earned by a requester in the NDSU priority points system. That person ordered two tickets.

Vitojr130
12-30-2011, 05:09 AM
Brief synopsis of the ticket issue

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/345590/group/Sports/

The amount of priority points requesters needed to be assured tickets, Hemingway said.

The numbers of requesters with 110 priority points or more who placed an order of 25 tickets, the highest amount possible.

The highest number of points earned by a requester in the NDSU priority points system. That person ordered two tickets.

... ... ...

Thundering_Herd
12-30-2011, 05:16 AM
So the 300 tickets available Friday morning are not available through logging on to Gobison.com, only in person or by phone? Is that correct?

NDSUDude
12-30-2011, 05:32 AM
When it says NDSU ticket office does that mean at the Dome or the BSA? And if the the BSA is it on the North or South Side? Thanks alot guys. Hoping I can snag some tickets this is really my last shot at em.

Twentysix
12-30-2011, 07:19 AM
When it says NDSU ticket office does that mean at the Dome or the BSA? And if the the BSA is it on the North or South Side? Thanks alot guys. Hoping I can snag some tickets this is really my last shot at em.

Southside bsa.

Gully
12-30-2011, 12:08 PM
I've been a season ticket holder in basketball and football for three years now, and donating to Team Makers for that time... my account says I have no history. So I wouldn't always count that to be accurate.

If you set up the gobison.com account yourself, you may have another one created by the athletic department. I have two, one I created myself to purchase all access, and then the athletic department created one when they started the priority points system a few years ago. You might have to contact the athletic department to find out.

IndyBison
12-30-2011, 01:25 PM
When it says NDSU ticket office does that mean at the Dome or the BSA? And if the the BSA is it on the North or South Side? Thanks alot guys. Hoping I can snag some tickets this is really my last shot at em.Why? Tickets will continue to be available up to game time and the price will eventually drop toward face value. Don't give up yet!

bison68
12-30-2011, 01:45 PM
Picked mine up this morning at the BSA. No line whatsoever.

Thundering_Herd
12-30-2011, 01:46 PM
We just got our 5 tickets--- section 115, endzone. Took until about 8:35 to get through on the phone. Happy we are only paying $45 per ticket instead of $180 via StubHub.

Herd Mentality
12-30-2011, 02:13 PM
Let me get this straight....

- You have a system all set up to distribute tickets on a priority point-based system. It handles registration, billing and notices to those that did or did not qualify for tickets.
- More tickets become available.
- You don't use the system to notify those that did not qualify before, but just send out a generic email to all.
- You don't use the system to distribute those tickets by say giving people a day to re-register for tickets. Instead you decide to just give them away "first-come, first served" if you didn't get tickets before but have points.

WTF? HORSESH#T call NDSU. I have no major issues with the current system and think it works. This was handled extremely poorly.

BisonCardinal
12-30-2011, 02:37 PM
We just got our 5 tickets--- section 115, endzone. Took until about 8:35 to get through on the phone. Happy we are only paying $45 per ticket instead of $180 via StubHub.

Just got ours, too, and are in the endzone next to you. Am so glad we can stop checking stub hub and ebay 10x a day and more importantly, got them at face value NEXT TO OTHER BISON FAN-atics! Piece of mind plays in to this, too...we feel so much better having tickets in hand than waiting and praying at the game that we will find three tickets together. Occupy Frisco, baby!

CAS4127
12-30-2011, 02:44 PM
Let me get this straight....

- You have a system all set up to distribute tickets on a priority point-based system. It handles registration, billing and notices to those that did or did not qualify for tickets.
- More tickets become available.
- You don't use the system to notify those that did not qualify before, but just send out a generic email to all.
- You don't use the system to distribute those tickets by say giving people a day to re-register for tickets. Instead you decide to just give them away "first-come, first served" if you didn't get tickets before but have points.

WTF? HORSESH#T call NDSU. I have no major issues with the current system and think it works. This was handled extremely poorly.

There wasn't not enough time to use the priority system when you consider giving people time to sign up, running the "program" notifying people and still allow people time to make trip plans. The ticket office has a lot on their hands right now, with ensuring people who have tickets get them when the come to pick them up, getting the tickets not picked up down to Frisco for will-call their, home BB games, etc.

Give them and NDSU a break . . . . . . . . .

Also, someone mentioned these may be returned tickets from players/coaches. I don't think so, as I know there are family members of players still looking for tickets. The protocol is such that if a player/coach is not going to use the 4 tickets allotted to them, they can then "transfer" them to another player/coach for use by their family.

Herd Mentality
12-30-2011, 02:49 PM
There wasn't not enough time to use the priority system when you consider giving people time to sign up, running the "program" notifying people and still allow people time to make trip plans. The ticket office has a lot on their hands right now, with ensuring people who have tickets get them when the come to pick them up, getting the tickets not picked up down to Frisco for will-call their, home BB games, etc.

Give them and NDSU a break . . . . . . . . .

I gotta call bullshit. There was plenty of time. It's an AUTOMATED system.

CAS4127
12-30-2011, 02:53 PM
I gotta call bullshit. There was plenty of time. It's an AUTOMATED system.

Run by a third party fender-->not enough time with all of the other things that go into preparing for a NC game.

I have no problem with your position, I just disagree with it.

Peace out!

Herd Mentality
12-30-2011, 03:03 PM
My point exactly. Because a third party vendor runs this and provides the reporting, there was no excuse that they didn't use the sytem. It would result in there being less work for the ticket office.

taper
12-30-2011, 03:06 PM
I got through on the phone just after 9:30 and got a pair in the endzone. Don't know how many are left but don't stop trying.

FWIW, I like the way they handled this. I have 5 points so I didn't have a chance at the 1st round. The short notice rewards those of us that have been keeping a close eye on the situation(just about every active poster here) and intend to use the tickets we buy.

Also noticed Stubhub prices dropped almost $20 since 7:30 this morning...

bisonwest
12-30-2011, 03:13 PM
WOOOHOOOOO!! We goin to Frisco! Spent about 45 min. on the phone and now hold 4 endzone tickets that I didn't spend $300 on. Good things come to those who wait! GO BISON!

CAS4127
12-30-2011, 03:14 PM
If these tickets are endzone, that tells us they were not players'/coaches' returns.

Hammerhead
12-30-2011, 03:14 PM
Where are your seats, if you don't mind me asking? The best seats I could find (and purchased) not too long after the GSU game were in row 6 of section 116.

I got through on the phone just after 9:30 and got a pair in the endzone. Don't know how many are left but don't stop trying.

FWIW, I like the way they handled this. I have 5 points so I didn't have a chance at the 1st round. The short notice rewards those of us that have been keeping a close eye on the situation(just about every active poster here) and intend to use the tickets we buy.

CAS4127
12-30-2011, 03:16 PM
Where are your seats, if you don't mind me asking? The best seats I could find (and purchased) not too long after the GSU game were in row 6 of section 116.

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by taper http://www.bisonville.com/forum/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?p=584964#post584964)

There you go!!

NDSUDude
12-30-2011, 03:16 PM
Picked up 4 tickets this morning at $40 a ticket, couldn't be more excited. We have points but not enough to get them the first run, and shelling out $200 per ticket wasn't going to work. Now I just got to figure out how we're going to get down to Frisco but I'm not too worried. Go bison!!! Se y'all in Texas

taper
12-30-2011, 03:20 PM

I don't remember the exact section. Think it was near the corner and the row was mid-teens. I'm heading to the BSA now to pick them up. I'll post once I get back. Could be a few hours though, got some other things to do.

PaBizon
12-30-2011, 03:31 PM
I don't remember the exact section. Think it was near the corner and the row was mid-teens. I'm heading to the BSA now to pick them up. I'll post once I get back. Could be a few hours though, got some other things to do.

Picked up 4 in section 115 row 10 that I'm giving away to NDSU students that are driving down. I'm on one of the charter flights and still don't know where I'm sitting :( Anyone know what section the charter flights seats are in????

Kermit
12-30-2011, 03:46 PM
I just picked up 2 more 5 minutes ago by phone. End zone.

BISONBRI53
12-30-2011, 04:03 PM
Just bought 4 thru the ticket office. The guy said there are still some available

IndyBison
12-30-2011, 04:05 PM
I think this is evidence the demand isn't as high as some people think. These are end zone tickets and the sideline tickets listed on StubHub will continue to come down when nobody pays $300, $150, or even $80 for them. Be patient everyone. You'll get a ticket at a great price if you want one.

Bison03
12-30-2011, 04:08 PM
I just picked up 2 more 5 minutes ago by phone. End zone.

You mean to tell me after a week of people bitching about not getting tickets; after 3 hours of being on sale, 300 tickets are not sold out yet? Seems like people were complaining just for the sake of complaining. If you want tickets to the game, you can get them. No excuses today.

Thunder_Struck
12-30-2011, 04:10 PM
Don't you have to have at least 1 priority point to purchase these?

Bison03
12-30-2011, 04:14 PM
Don't you have to have at least 1 priority point to purchase these?

Yes you do. If you have got season tickets with teammaker dues for 1 year, you have 1 point and can purchase tickets. If you have gotten season tickets without teammaker dues, you can not. Hurry up and find a teammaker who can get them for you.

Leonardite
12-30-2011, 04:16 PM
I got four tickets at 11:10. If you have been complaining about the priority process, there really is no excuse to not get on the ball now and get tickets. If you are a TeamMaker, call. If you're not but know one, have him/her call.

PaBizon
12-30-2011, 04:28 PM
Without people knowing there was a chance tickets would be returned it's a good bet most made other arrangemnents. Jeesh

herdmember
12-30-2011, 05:14 PM
Yes you do. If you have got season tickets with teammaker dues for 1 year, you have 1 point and can purchase tickets. If you have gotten season tickets without teammaker dues, you can not. Hurry up and find a teammaker who can get them for you.

You get 1 point for each year you have had season tickets, regardless of team maker or not is my understanding. If these extra 300 were available in the first alotment they would have been gone. I'm sure many people have made alternate plans now so either have their tickets or gave up on trying to get down there. That's too bad, I hope these sell out.

Hammerhead
12-30-2011, 06:03 PM
The season tickets I had for the 1995 season (We haven't lived in Fargo since 1996) don't show up on my profile at gobison.com so I didn't try getting any more tickets. Even if I knew I could get tickets from this new allotment, I already bought end zone tickets through stubhub nearly 2 weeks ago. Why pay another $80 for tickets that aren't better than the ones I have now?

Tatanka
12-30-2011, 06:52 PM
Hopefully someone read the Forum article to the dumbass olanders. Or played the evening news in slow motion for them. Maybe the forum should call them back for commentary?

CAS4127
12-30-2011, 06:55 PM
Hopefully someone read the Forum article to the dumbass olanders. Or played the evening news in slow motion for them. Maybe the forum should call them back for commentary?

LOL-->no sh*t; but, recall he stated he "didn't see anything come across [his] desk" telling him about teh priority points system or the like. Apparently that is the small world in which he "extists".

56BISON73
12-30-2011, 07:04 PM
LOL-->no sh*t; but, recall he stated he "didn't see anything come across [his] desk" telling him about teh priority points system or the like. Apparently that is the small world in which he "extists".

What? Ya gotta spoon feed the idiot?

Grizzled
12-30-2011, 07:08 PM
You get 1 point for each year you have had season tickets, regardless of team maker or not is my understanding. If these extra 300 were available in the first alotment they would have been gone. I'm sure many people have made alternate plans now so either have their tickets or gave up on trying to get down there. That's too bad, I hope these sell out.

These should sell out. Didn't Coach Bohl say we could have sold another 10,000 tickets? I called in and got another 4 for a group that thinks they might go down thinking I could easily get rid of them if they decide not to go. Maybe that wasn't the best idea as I might get hung with 4 tickets.

Bison03
12-30-2011, 07:25 PM

He will most likely end up writing another letter to the editor in this weekends Forum about how he didn't hear about these tickets until it was too late. Claiming that the NDSU ticket office, Dean Bresciani, Gene Taylor, or Craig Bohl did not properly email, call, or visit him in person and ask if he wanted tickets in a way a mom asks her toddler if they want some juice.

rockybison
12-30-2011, 07:32 PM
If the Tony lets this post:

CAS I understand you have a boner for NDSU football. Please understand I suppport NDSU for what I determine a higher function. Research.

herdmember
12-30-2011, 07:50 PM
These are completely sold out.

stevdock
12-30-2011, 07:53 PM

Please don't take offense to this question TeamMaker members but what about some of us who can't buy season tickets/TeamMaker dues for various reasons but still haven't missed a Dome game?? Obviously these tickets should go to teammakers first. But to say thank you for going to every Bison home game for almost 20 years now and not have a chance at tickets I think is completely wrong especially when these work arounds exist.

To me it doesn't matter as I CAN NOT go to the game this year, but down the road I would be much more interested in going.

CAS4127
12-30-2011, 07:57 PM
Please don't take offense to this question TeamMaker members but what about some of us who can't buy season tickets/TeamMaker dues for various reasons but still haven't missed a Dome game?? Obviously these tickets should go to teammakers first. But to say thank you for going to every Bison home game for almost 20 years now and not have a chance at tickets I think is completely wrong especially when these work arounds exist.

To me it doesn't matter as I CAN NOT go to the game this year, but down the road I would be much more interested in going.

None of my business I guess, but if you go to every home game, why not just buy season tickets?!

Civil06
12-30-2011, 07:57 PM

If you haven't missed a Dome game, why would you not buy season tickets?

stevdock
12-30-2011, 08:05 PM
My wife is a nurse who has to work some weekends plus was also a full time student this last season. So her schedule is not set enough to be able to buy season tickets.

taper
12-30-2011, 08:21 PM
Mine are Section 115 row 14. You do not need TM dues to get points, or at least I don't. The tickets are in my sister's name so I haven't actually seen our priority points number, but we've had season tix for 5 years, I assume we have 5 points. It was enough to be eligible for today's release.

BISONBRI53
12-30-2011, 08:33 PM
I just called in and said I was my dad and that his son (me) would be stopping by to pick up. I would guess they had his TM info when I told them my er his name.

56BISON73
12-30-2011, 08:37 PM
My wife is a nurse who has to work some weekends plus was also a full time student this last season. So her schedule is not set enough to be able to buy season tickets.

You could still buy season tickets. Granted your wife might not be able to go. So you have an extra ticket that you can sell or take some one to the game and you get on the list by doing so.

stevdock
12-30-2011, 08:42 PM
You could still buy season tickets. Granted your wife might not be able to go. So you have an extra ticket that you can sell or take some one to the game and you get on the list by doing so.

I completely understand that and have thought about it. I just think that NDSU needs to in some way give credit to those people that go to every game but either don't belong to TeamMakers or like in my case refuse to buy season tickets. I know the main thing is accountability and there is no way for NDSU to know that I have been at that many games in a row, but to think that I've probably been to more games than most people on this board and have no access to those tickets isn't quite right either.

SamsRams
12-30-2011, 08:46 PM
if you are allowing your wife to work then you can afford 100 a year to become a teammaker

56BISON73
12-30-2011, 09:04 PM
I completely understand that and have thought about it. I just think that NDSU needs to in some way give credit to those people that go to every game but either don't belong to TeamMakers or like in my case refuse to buy season tickets. I know the main thing is accountability and there is no way for NDSU to know that I have been at that many games in a row, but to think that I've probably been to more games than most people on this board and have no access to those tickets isn't quite right either.

Why do you refuse to buy season tickets? FYI I dont know of a single school that gives credit for buying single game tickets.

GRAFTONBISON
12-30-2011, 09:09 PM
Mine are Section 115 row 14. You do not need TM dues to get points, or at least I don't. The tickets are in my sister's name so I haven't actually seen our priority points number, but we've had season tix for 5 years, I assume we have 5 points. It was enough to be eligible for today's release.

We have had season tickets for 4 seasons in a non-TM section and have no priority points that I know of. I have always been under the impression that no priority points are awarded for just getting season tickets?

Am I missing something?

herdmember
12-30-2011, 09:19 PM
We have had season tickets for 4 seasons in a non-TM section and have no priority points that I know of. I have always been under the impression that no priority points are awarded for just getting season tickets?

Am I missing something?

I'm similar to you (until now - joining Team Makers!) and I don't see anywhere online where I have points, but when I talked to the ticket office they told me I have 1 for each year of football/basketball season tickets.

GRAFTONBISON
12-30-2011, 09:21 PM
I'm similar to you (until now - joining Team Makers!) and I don't see anywhere online where I have points, but when I talked to the ticket office they told me I have 1 for each year of football/basketball season tickets.

Interesting, I will have to check into it. Nothing on my "GoBison" page says anything about having priority points. I have looked under every tab, but maybe I am just missing it?

roadwarrior
12-30-2011, 09:21 PM
You do not have to be a Teammaker member to have points.

stevdock
12-30-2011, 09:22 PM
Why do you refuse to buy season tickets? FYI I dont know of a single school that gives credit for buying single game tickets.

Long story short, last year at this time we had 42K in credit card debt due to many different things but the biggest ones were health related problems and myself not having a full time job until a year and a half ago. As of today that is down to 5K so we have worked out butt off to do that in one year. Plus starting in April my wife has to quit her job to do a full year of clinicals. So for the following 14 months my family of 5 will be on one teacher's salary. I'd love to donate to NDSU as I am a proud alum of my school, but it is NOT an option right now. The best I can do is to take advantage of my coaches pass to attend Bison games and Jr. Bison club for my son who also hasn't missed a home game since he was 1.

Also I don't know of a school either, I was just wondering if there was a way to factor in actual attendance instead of just giving totals.

BisonTeacher
12-30-2011, 09:27 PM
If the guy doesnt want to get season tickets...he doesnt have to. Give him a break.

56BISON73
12-30-2011, 09:29 PM
If the guy doesnt want to get season tickets...he doesnt have to. Give him a break.

Nobody is beating the guy up. We are having a conversation.

Tatanka
12-30-2011, 09:29 PM
100% agreed. I also agree that in this circumstance the athletic department doesn't have to reward him for loyalty.

stevdock
12-30-2011, 09:34 PM
100% agreed. I also agree that in this circumstance the athletic department doesn't have to reward him for loyalty.

And I agree, I think this process is probably the best there is, but was just wondering if it could be improved to include everyone in someway. I'm fine with not doing it that way though. In 2 years when the Bison are going for a 3peat my family and I will just buy tickets to the championship game when we make the playoffs.

CAS4127
12-30-2011, 09:34 PM
Hope stev's circumstances continue to improve-->sounds like they will and we will have another season ticket holder in a few years. Hats off to him for hanging tuff!!

BisonTeacher
12-30-2011, 09:35 PM
Hope stev's circumstances continue to improve-->sounds like they will and we will have another season ticket holder in a few years. Hats off to him for hanging tuff!!

Ditto that.

56BISON73
12-30-2011, 09:44 PM
Long story short, last year at this time we had 42K in credit card debt due to many different things but the biggest ones were health related problems and myself not having a full time job until a year and a half ago. As of today that is down to 5K so we have worked out butt off to do that in one year. Plus starting in April my wife has to quit her job to do a full year of clinicals. So for the following 14 months my family of 5 will be on one teacher's salary. I'd love to donate to NDSU as I am a proud alum of my school, but it is NOT an option right now. The best I can do is to take advantage of my coaches pass to attend Bison games and Jr. Bison club for my son who also hasn't missed a home game since he was 1.

Also I don't know of a school either, I was just wondering if there was a way to factor in actual attendance instead of just giving totals.

I understand the situation you were in. Been there done it. Tough row to hoe to say the least. Its great when you get the monkey off your back. In time your station in life will change and so will your resources. It all takes time.

Tatanka
12-30-2011, 09:51 PM
And I agree, I think this process is probably the best there is, but was just wondering if it could be improved to include everyone in someway. I'm fine with not doing it that way though. In 2 years when the Bison are going for a 3peat my family and I will just buy tickets to the championship game when we make the playoffs.

++ and it looks like CAS and 56/73 have already said what I was going to say.