PDA

View Full Version : Anyone seen this? Tour of the Fargodome video...

NDSUFREAK
12-29-2011, 09:05 PM
Saw this just now on GoBison.com...looks to be very new from the Georgia Southern material that is on it. It seems like a video devoted to recruiting players and WOW is it good...

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=69809

Bisonguy
12-29-2011, 09:20 PM
That is good.

bisonmike2
12-29-2011, 09:22 PM
Saw this just now on GoBison.com...looks to be very new from the Georgia Southern material that is on it. It seems like a video devoted to recruiting players and WOW is it good...

Holy crap! That is awesome.

Wally
12-29-2011, 09:23 PM

That was outstanding work!

Vitojr130
12-29-2011, 09:33 PM

I love how they have Explosions in the Sky playing in the background for about half of this video. It reminds me of my high school days when we played "Your hand in mine" before every game (we went undefeated so it worked haha).

Bison03
12-29-2011, 09:36 PM
There is only a few schools in FCS football that could put out a video that showcases their gameday atmosphere like that. Wow, that was amazing. I am guessing that this video will be included in the recruiting packages they send to perspective players. Once the new turf is installed, I truly believe we have one of the best facilities and atmosphere in all of FCS football.

Herd
12-29-2011, 09:44 PM
Taking nothing away from bison football, but i look forward to the day that bison basketball is on equal footing for facilities, fan support, and student experience. This is so badly needed to elevate our university. Today, ndsu athletics is not what it could be. We need to be more than a football school, that will separate us.

roadwarrior
12-29-2011, 09:52 PM
Casey does a great job creating these videos for gobison!

Bison03
12-29-2011, 09:56 PM
Taking nothing away from bison football, but i look forward to the day that bison basketball is on equal footing for facilities, fan support, and student experience. This is so badly needed to elevate our university. Today, ndsu athletics is not what it could be. We need to be more than a football school, that will separate us.

Patience, it is all coming. In the last 10 years, we have upgraded our softball field, got a new floor and bleachers in the BBF, got new video boards and now new turf in the Fargodome, are in the process of building a first class indoor track facility, and soon to be remodeling and constructing a first class basketball facility. Our baseball team plays in one of the nicest college fields in this part of the country. Even more important than nice facilities is that we have a tradition of winning, and winning championships at the DI level. Just look at the number of DI conference titles we have in a short amount of time. As long as our trophy cases are continually being updated to accommodate the space we need for more hardware, we will get the recruits we desire.

HerdBot
12-29-2011, 10:18 PM
Very cool!

westnodak93bison
12-29-2011, 10:27 PM
Patience, it is all coming. In the last 10 years, we have upgraded our softball field, got a new floor and bleachers in the BBF, got new video boards and now new turf in the Fargodome, are in the process of building a first class indoor track facility, and soon to be remodeling and constructing a first class basketball facility. Our baseball team plays in one of the nicest college fields in this part of the country. Even more important than nice facilities is that we have a tradition of winning, and winning championships at the DI level. Just look at the number of DI conference titles we have in a short amount of time. As long as our trophy cases are continually being updated to accommodate the space we need for more hardware, we will get the recruits we desire.

imho we need something like this http://arizonstructures.com/air-structure-air-dome/sports-dome/softball-baseball-dome/
to help our baseball, softball and soccer programs practice. Maybe put a giant one over our outdoor track?

Tatanka
12-29-2011, 10:45 PM
Wow. OUTSTANDING.

56BISON73
12-29-2011, 11:20 PM
GREAT production!!!!!!!!!!!

squarepeg
12-29-2011, 11:50 PM
Are you kidding me? They actually took a shot of that Bleacher Report article and put in it in the video???? You mean the same article that ranked Michigan State ahead of Ohio State and put Oklahoma State and Arkansas in the top 5?

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm:

It's embarrassing to say the least. Our media people should be fired on the spot for incompetence. Do you understand what bleacher report is? It's a fan generated site where they let fans submit articles for no pay. It's so bad we failed to make bleacher report's 50 loudest stadiums list but we made the 50 greatest list? :facepalm:

4mcruenomore
12-29-2011, 11:51 PM
I thought it was great!

4mcruenomore
12-29-2011, 11:51 PM
Are you kidding me? They actually took a shot of that Bleacher Report article and put in it in the video???? You mean the same article that ranked Michigan State ahead of Ohio State and put Oklahoma State and Arkansas in the top 5?

It's embarrassing to say the least. Our media people should be fired on the spot for incompetence. Do you understand what bleacher report is? It's a fan generated site where they let fans submit articles for no pay. It's so bad we failed to make bleacher report's 50 loudest stadiums list but we made the 50 greatest list? :facepalm:

Quit being a Douche

56BISON73
12-29-2011, 11:52 PM

Picky picky picky

aces1180
12-29-2011, 11:59 PM

If the Bleacher Report ceased to exist, would you have anything to post about?

squarepeg
12-30-2011, 12:02 AM
Picky picky picky

You prefer wikipedia or maybe the onion? The video was great and they ruined it by dumpster diving in the garbage bin of journalism.

squarepeg
12-30-2011, 12:13 AM
If the Bleacher Report ceased to exist, would you have anything to post about?

I would miss their Lingerie Football League rankings. I'm not making that up.

BlueBisonRock
12-30-2011, 12:14 AM
You prefer wikipedia or maybe the onion? The video was great and they ruined it by dumpster diving in the garbage bin of journalism.

Consider this a dumb question. You obviously have a bone to pick with the Bleacher Report. To most, it is another source of information and opinion. You really do come on strong with your emotions regarding this entity leading one to think the story is deeper than 'bad journalism'. Did the Bleacher Report turn down a story you put together or did one of their 'unpaid' writers steal a girlfriend from you? I am not asking to poke, but rather to understand what is behind the intensity with which you despise them.

56BISON73
12-30-2011, 12:29 AM

They may have ruined it for you. How many have ever heard of this site? I hadnt until the report came out. Most dont care.

squarepeg
12-30-2011, 01:15 AM
Consider this a dumb question. You obviously have a bone to pick with the Bleacher Report. To most, it is another source of information and opinion. You really do come on strong with your emotions regarding this entity leading one to think the story is deeper than 'bad journalism'. Did the Bleacher Report turn down a story you put together or did one of their 'unpaid' writers steal a girlfriend from you? I am not asking to poke, but rather to understand what is behind the intensity with which you despise them.

It's the same with wikipedia or a random blog. Fine for a starting point but embarrassing when cited as an official source, or treated as a researched piece, especially when it has glaring errors.

BisonCountry
12-30-2011, 01:29 AM
It's the same with wikipedia or a random blog. Fine for a starting point but embarrassing when cited as an official source, or treated as a researched piece, especially when it has glaring errors.
I would put any Top 50 list into the 'subjective' category no matter who publishes it....not really sure it is that big of a deal that NDSU marketing dept. referenced it as we did, in fact, make the list. During the season they often referenced our standing in the Top 25 FCS coaches poll (which IMO is a joke), should we also rip them for referencing that poll in any pre-game publications?

squarepeg
12-30-2011, 01:37 AM
I would put any Top 50 list into the 'subjective' category no matter who publishes it....not really sure it is that big of a deal that NDSU marketing dept. referenced it as we did, in fact, make the list. During the season they often referenced our standing in the Top 25 FCS coaches poll (which IMO is a joke), should we also rip them for referencing that poll in any pre-game publications?

Would you cite your friend's blog?

BisonCountry
12-30-2011, 01:50 AM
If his name was Mike Florio I would.

The fact is bloggers are becoming more incorporated into mainstream media as they aren't all random rube guy with a few hundred followers. Bleacherreport is not one that I follow on a regular basis, but I have heard of it which lends me to think it might be more mainstream than your portraying. Regardless not really concerned with it that much, just unsure why you have a big 'problem' with them making a 5 second reference to a 'subjective' Top 50 list in a 10 minute promotional video.

Kermit
12-30-2011, 01:52 AM

No, I would not. Bleacher Report is not a reliable source. Are you happy now?

The video is excellent, but you focus on this? I don't get it. The basketball team had a great win last night, but you wanted to talk about our fouls. You continually complain about the thread tracking Summit League OOC wins. There seems to be a pattern. This is a great time to be a Bison fan. I suggest that you enjoy it a little more.

Go Bison!

GoRams
12-30-2011, 02:44 AM
This is a great video! Isn't it so cool what this program has to offer. I loved it!

North Side
12-30-2011, 03:34 AM
Casey does a great job creating these videos for gobison!

He is the best thing to happen to GoBison.com

jimmyptubas
12-30-2011, 03:36 AM
As a teacher I was "educated" to be wary of sites like wikipedia...even had a professor who called it evilpedia. I think this is flagrant generalization as I have NEVER had any issues with wikipedia. As long as you use a small iota of common sense, you can tell whether a page has been tampered with. Plus, the amount of general knowledge it shares with the world is worth my yearly donation time and time again. It is a new technology but surprisingly accurate when need be.

HerdBot
12-30-2011, 06:30 AM
Instead of a replay of the Craig Bohl football show they should air this. Fills half the content

NDSUBowler
12-30-2011, 07:53 AM
While I don't put too much merit into anything I read on Bleacher Report, it is important to remember that ANY good press is something we should be proud of.

If some random blogger decides to put NDSU in the top 50 places to play, why should we complain about the validity of his blogging ability? We just got some great press that a LOT of people will read (I had a poker buddy that lives across the country see this and mention it to me) and we should be happy that random bloggers, who's opinion may or may not mean anything, are willing to put OUR school into their rankings.

The video is awesome...I also liked I got a sort of close-up!

imho we need something like this http://arizonstructures.com/air-structure-air-dome/sports-dome/softball-baseball-dome/
to help our baseball, softball and soccer programs practice. Maybe put a giant one over our outdoor track?
Ummm like the Sports Bubble?

http://vvcap.net/db/EmXe60qzeqnlfPRsaWSL.png

Hammerhead
12-30-2011, 01:35 PM
Does the weight room now cover the entire upper concourse at the BSA? Back in my day, there were just weights on the north end next to a wrestling practice room with a basketball and racketball courts on the south end.

roadwarrior
12-30-2011, 01:48 PM
Does the weight room now cover the entire upper concourse at the BSA? Back in my day, there were just weights on the north end next to a wrestling practice room with a basketball and racketball courts on the south end.

The racquetball courts are no longer there. The weight room is now on the south end from the top of the stairs back to the south and west walls, except for the walkway around the end of the seats.

sfassett
12-30-2011, 04:11 PM

^^^AGREE^^^

It's embarrassing to say the least. Our media people should be fired on the spot for incompetence. Do you understand what bleacher report is? It's a fan generated site where they let fans submit articles for no pay.
^^^DISAGREE^^

It's so bad we failed to make bleacher report's 50 loudest stadiums list but we made the 50 greatest list?
^^^AGREE^^

I see what youre saying to an extent. But positive press is positive press, regardless of the validity of the source. No one should be fired. But the peeps at B/R should seriously reconsider their 50 loudest stadiums haha..

bisonmike2
12-30-2011, 04:18 PM
You mean that 5 second quip ruined the entire video and is cause for the firing of the makers of the video? Did the editors at the bleacher report rape your dog or something? You'll get over it.

SDbison
12-30-2011, 05:32 PM
I thought the video was excellent. Good mix with the tour, interviews, fan noise, tailgate action, game video and background music. Got me even more puimped for Bison football.
How could a recruit choose any other FCS team or lower third FBS team after seeing this video.......
Thanks to all involved.

gotts
12-30-2011, 05:37 PM
You mean that 5 second quip ruined the entire video and is cause for the firing of the makers of the video? Did the editors at the bleacher report rape your dog or something? You'll get over it.

At the end of the day, I'd take Bleacher Report over Silent Bob's blog.

THEsocalledfan
12-31-2011, 03:20 PM
Couldn't watch it at work since blocked, but just watched at home. It was so f(cking awesome, words cannot describe it. Can any MVFC team compete with that? Seriously?

TransAmBison
12-31-2011, 03:24 PM
Finally got to finish it. Awesome. Started strong and finished stronger. The media dept has made some good progress...I hope they continue to build on this!

Mr. Burgundy
12-31-2011, 03:26 PM
If you were and 18 year old being recruited and our staff presented that to you, during a wild playoff run, new turf coming, best fanbase in America....you just have to love it. The turf is going to be a great piece of recruiting.

NWNDBison
01-01-2012, 10:07 PM
I don't know. It's pretty hard to beat this golden oldie from Appy State:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVENWl8uBeg

University recruitment videos are easy to find. Football specific recruiting videos much harder. But I thought it might be fun to look at what SHSU has to offer (can't compare because this is a general student recruitment video, but also well done). Perhaps our SHSU friends can point us to something comparable for football.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uOAIazb-Ng

Aside from the obvious video content quality, what I really like about the NDSU football recruitment video, from a technical perspective, is the excellent job of optimization. They are able to maintain near-HD quality, and yet it plays smoothly without much spooling while the video is loading on even the average DSL bandwidth I have at home (<5Mbps). I'm impressed that I can actually watch it full-screen without hardly any blurring or pixelization. (Take a hint, CNN.)

Go_Herd
01-01-2012, 11:58 PM
Aside from the obvious video content quality, what I really like about the NDSU football recruitment video, from a technical perspective, is the excellent job of optimization. They are able to maintain near-HD quality, and yet it plays smoothly without much spooling while the video is loading on even the average DSL bandwidth I have at home (<5Mbps). I'm impressed that I can actually watch it full-screen without hardly any blurring or pixelization. (Take a hint, CNN.)

Yeah what he said! I just became smarter on a Sunday night