PDA

View Full Version : Gate City Bank Field

Da_Bizon
12-29-2011, 04:55 PM
Well, we now have a name on our new turf: http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/345491/group/homepage/. Yellow endzones, Bison logo at mid field... Good stuff.

TAILG8R
12-29-2011, 04:56 PM
http://s1-04.twitpicproxy.com/photos/large/484220026.jpg

My first reaction is that I do not like the yellow end zones. Oh well, maybe it will grow on me.

aces1180
12-29-2011, 04:59 PM

My first reaction is that I do not like the yellow end zones. Oh well, maybe it will grow on me.

Really? I think they are really sharp!

Bison 4 Life
12-29-2011, 05:00 PM

I love the yellow. A strong contrasting color to go with the natural color turf. I absolutely abhor corporate sponsorship and advertising on the playing surface/building but I guess we take what we can get.

TAILG8R
12-29-2011, 05:00 PM
Really? I think they are really sharp!

I'm positive that it will look better in real life. Just an initial gut reaction.

aces1180
12-29-2011, 05:01 PM
I'm positive that it will look better in real life. Just an initial gut reaction.

I'm fired up about it! I wish I could have a picnic on it this fall! ;)

Vitojr130
12-29-2011, 05:03 PM
I agree that this turf looks sick (in a good way)!!!!

Hammerhead
12-29-2011, 05:04 PM
Looks good except for the pinwheels next to the Fargodome logos.

duluthbison
12-29-2011, 05:05 PM
http://www.wearyourbeer.com/images/Family_Guy_Freakin_Sweet_Blue_Ringer_Shirt.jpg

Loud and Proud Bison fan
12-29-2011, 05:06 PM
I love it, minus the huge advertising. My main issue is that they are using the old logo at center field, and not the Bison head. It took me time, to adjust from the old to the new.. they should to!

Gully
12-29-2011, 05:07 PM
I like it. At least the Fargodome pinwheels are smaller and it is clearly the Bison home field. The sponsorship is tasteful. All good.

duluthbison
12-29-2011, 05:10 PM
I love it, minus the huge advertising. My main issue is that they are using the old logo at center field, and not the Bison head. It took me time, to adjust from the old to the new.. they should to!

Thats not the old logo.

This is the old logo (replaced circa 2000):
http://www.ndsu.edu/uploads/RTEmagicC_Charging.Bison.jpg.jpg

This is the (current) replacement (adopted circa 2000):
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTg0eFUmy1ZaP2FvHSeZBXNLkGwYkYr0 Tesu4PuJBTuFcypTRjAuVrt2xsC-w

The logo you are thinking of is just an alternate that the athletics department can sometimes use but isn't their main logo (adopted circa 2007):
http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss159/gregrachac/FCS/Bison_Alternative_Logo.png?t=1290913592
Athletics sometimes uses this as an alternate (adopted circa 2000):
http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/33/781/full/2550.gif

Vitojr130
12-29-2011, 05:12 PM

This^. I like this one better.

No_Skill
12-29-2011, 05:14 PM
This^. I'm not entirely sure why they went with this one either.

Well, that is the logo on the helmets.

Vitojr130
12-29-2011, 05:15 PM
Well, that is the logo on the helmets.
I know, I edited to show which logo I thought they would go with.

Bison Fin
12-29-2011, 05:16 PM
I love it. I think the yellow Endzones will look awesome in person! I like snorty jr at mid field too, matches the helmets.

bison once
12-29-2011, 05:18 PM
No MVFC logo? I would replace the 2 Fargodome logos with conference logos. I never understood the Fargodome logo on the turf.

calelars24
12-29-2011, 05:19 PM
Double the pinwheels!!!!!

westnodak93bison
12-29-2011, 05:21 PM
No MVFC logo? I would replace the 2 Fargodome logos with conference logos. I never understood the Fargodome logo on the turf.

I would imagine they can put new/additional logos on the turf at will?

Bison15
I think the "Gate City Bank Field" is to much. It's already on the sidelines. Take the stupid FargoDome logos off the 20's and replace it with the MVFC logos and get rid of GCBF text and we would have a winner. The GCBF text is just as bad as having FARGODOME plasterd at midfield as it is now. Disappointed.(except for the fact of new turf)

roadwarrior
What is really going to be nice is the end zones will no longer be painted on top of the grass. The color will be in the grass when it's made.

westnodak93bison
12-29-2011, 05:25 PM
I know there was talk of this before but will the field be ready for the spring game?

Hammersmith
12-29-2011, 05:27 PM
All in all, not bad. I would prefer the Fargodome logos be placed between the hashs and the tops of the numbers rather than midfield(NE & SW), but I guess I can live with it. The yellow end zones look terrible on the image, but I suspect they'll look great on the real thing. I would've really like the Gate City Bank text to go opposite of the Fargodome text(NW & SE), but a million bucks is a million bucks and I can't argue with them wanting their name centered on the 50.

Da_Bizon
12-29-2011, 05:27 PM
I know there was talk of this before but will the field be ready for the spring game?

It's supposed to be done within the next few weeks, I believe. At least that was the Dome's rationale for not holding a Championship Game viewing party.

Da_Bizon
12-29-2011, 05:28 PM
Overall, I'm impressed. I like the yellow endzones.. it's a nice contrast. I'm also glad that we aren't using that head logo... the helmet one is much nicer. I, too, don't care much for the corporate advertising, but on the bright side, it is smaller than the old Fargodome logo and there is a Bison there, now. We're movin' on up!

Ross
12-29-2011, 05:29 PM
I thought they were only doing the work to make the storage pit bigger at the moment. Pretty sure the actual turf will be installed over the summer.

duluthbison
12-29-2011, 05:32 PM

They are paying 2 million dollars for the turf, their name is going to be on it somewhere. Definitely better than having it at the 50, and besides every major sports stadium has their name on the field or ice somewhere.

HerdBot
12-29-2011, 05:39 PM
http://www.wearyourbeer.com/images/Family_Guy_Freakin_Sweet_Blue_Ringer_Shirt.jpg

old logos better imo . Major upgrade

WYOBISONMAN
12-29-2011, 05:40 PM
Thank you Gate City!! An ovation is called for.....a very nice field.

http://cdn.overclock.net/9/93/93a29064_Slow-Clap.gif

missingnumber7
12-29-2011, 05:44 PM
I love it, 2 smaller logos I would've guessed would've been the KO spots. And the advertising cannot be on the field...thank you NFHS. Supprised they didn't have a MVFC logo on it, maybe it will be added.

JSUBison
12-29-2011, 05:46 PM
I don't care for the pinwheel Fargodome, but I like the yellow endzones and logo at the 50. Would have liked to see the MVFC logo somewhere. What do the other dome teams fields look like in regards to corporate logos? Can someone post a pic of NAU, UND, Idaho St, etc?

roadwarrior
12-29-2011, 05:46 PM
The $1 million partnership will help make possible the installation of new Astroturf GameDay Grass 3DH Stadium Surfacing football field turf, which will be installed in June of 2012.

This should answer the timing question.

HerdBot
12-29-2011, 05:55 PM
This is awesome. Major upgrade . perfect? no. never will. but huge upgrade. all stadium have naming rights whether its mall of America field or roos field .

#1 we have normal turf. #2 the ugly fargodome is replaced with a giant Bison logo and the end zones look sweet . #3 the fargodome logos are tiny. 4) the gate city is much better looking than the ugly fargodome logo.

BisonCountry
12-29-2011, 05:56 PM
I love it, 2 smaller logos I would've guessed would've been the KO spots. And the advertising cannot be on the field...thank you NFHS. Supprised they didn't have a MVFC logo on it, maybe it will be added.
I'm guessing they want the MVFC logo's to be removable for when we get into an FBS conference.:hide:

I'm thinking the colored endzones will grow on me.....I'm just excited to see the updated turf and less pinwheel.

Thunder_Struck
12-29-2011, 05:59 PM
I'll give it a 9 out of 10!!! Looks great. Perfect for me would be no Fargodome or Gate City logos on the field (not realistic) and I would give a slight advantage to the alternate Bison head logo (Thank you Matt Mastrud). This field is far better than what could have happened if Gate City didn't get involved and it was only Fargo Dome money paying for it.

BisonNeil
12-29-2011, 06:05 PM
I think the "Gate City Bank Field" is to much. It's already on the sidelines. Take the stupid FargoDome logos off the 20's and replace it with the MVFC logos and get rid of GCBF text and we would have a winner. The GCBF text is just as bad as having FARGODOME plasterd at midfield as it is now. Disappointed.(except for the fact of new turf)

And without some sponsor getting recognition, how do you propose that NDSU athletics pay for new turf?

Some people will bitch even if they get hung by a new rope :)

MN_BISON
12-29-2011, 06:08 PM
Thank you Gate City Bank, Fargodome and NDSU, well done.

HandoEX
12-29-2011, 06:11 PM
On a scale of 1 to 10, I give this a 12. Looks awesome!!!

roadwarrior
12-29-2011, 06:14 PM
Remember that Gate City also recently donated $400,000 or so to NDSU to renovate Stevens Auditorium. They have a long history of supporting NDSU.

NDSU '96
12-29-2011, 06:15 PM
Are there any other college football fields with corporate sponsorship on the turf?

Vitojr130
12-29-2011, 06:17 PM
Remember that Gate City also recently donated $400,000 or so to NDSU to renovate Stevens Auditorium. They have a long history of supporting NDSU.

And it is because of support like this that I do not mind them placing a logo on the field. It is a major improvement over what is currently plastered between our endzones.

Vitojr130
12-29-2011, 06:19 PM
Are there any other college football fields with corporate sponsorship on the turf?

Plenty. Just look up North for a close example.

MNLonghorn10
12-29-2011, 06:21 PM
im a fan of it. hint of old school, so happy they didnt put the current logo @ midfield... looks really clean

NDSU '96
12-29-2011, 06:21 PM
Plenty. Just look up North for a close example.I've gone over a lot of images with no luck so far.
I don't look up north for anything but lights.

Vitojr130
12-29-2011, 06:25 PM
I've gone over a lot of images with no luck so far.
I don't look up north for anything but lights.

Well, if you find some lights you might be able to see it. They have a faint Alerus logo or two that just plain old looks gross plastered on their field.

SDbison
12-29-2011, 06:25 PM
Hey, its home to the Gate City Bison. Sad.........corporate name way too fucking big and prominent. No mention of NDSU at midfield, just the mascot next to a corporate sell out.

CAS4127
12-29-2011, 06:26 PM
im a fan of it. hint of old school, so happy they didnt put the current logo @ midfield... looks really clean

This, and a hint of new school with the yellow endzones-->meshes the old tradition with the new, much like I hope happens on January 7, 2012-->man I can't wait for that game!!!

MNLonghorn10
12-29-2011, 06:28 PM
Hey, its home to the Gate City Bison. Sad.........corporate name way too fucking big and prominent. No mention of NDSU at midfield, just the mascot next to a corporate sell out.
lots of schools just have the mascot logo @ midfield.

Vitojr130
On the bright side, at least we didn't pull an Eastern Washington and get a bright yellow turf or a Central Arkansas and get a dull AND ugly multicolored turf.

Gully
It seems reasonable that Gate City should get their name on the field for $1,000,000. It's tastefully done. Would people rather wait for improvements if it means not having corporate sponsor advertising?

imabison

As an addendum to your question you need to ask are there other college football fields in "community owned buildings" with corporate sponsorships on the turf??
I might be wrong but it could a big difference.

SDbison
12-29-2011, 06:29 PM
Also.........don't think you will be able to find more than one or two other college football stadiums with as big of promotional lettering of a sponsor as this.........very tacky.

SDbison
12-29-2011, 06:31 PM
lots of schools just have the mascot logo @ midfield. You missed my point.........is it the NDSU Bison or the Gate City Bison.........GET IT?
I love the Bison logo at midfield..........everything else not so good.

NDSU '96
12-29-2011, 06:31 PM
I think the corporate logo actually makes the field look bush league. I looked at all the Big Ten stadiums and didn't see one with a corporate logo on the field, and I wouldn't imagine that's because they couldn't sell it if they wanted to.

Hammerhead
12-29-2011, 06:33 PM
Temple plays at Lincoln Financial Field. I don't see any big logos on their turf from this year's game hosting Army.

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6068/6160117770_2a49b6af8e.jpg

Gully
12-29-2011, 06:34 PM
I think the corporate logo actually makes the field look bush league. I looked at all the Big Ten stadiums and didn't see one with a corporate logo on the field, and I wouldn't imagine that's because they couldn't sell it if they wanted to.

Well I'm sure if you want to write a check for a million dollars, they'll keep the sponsorship off next time.

SDbison
12-29-2011, 06:34 PM
I think the corporate logo actually makes the field look bush league. I looked at all the Big Ten stadiums and didn't see one with a corporate logo on the field, and I wouldn't imagine that's because they couldn't sell it if they wanted to. This Exactly...........but our opinion doesn't matter. All about the money. It can look like shit as long as someone writes the check.

Bison 4 Life
12-29-2011, 06:35 PM
Temple plays at Lincoln Financial Field. I don't see any big logos on their turf from this year's game hosting Army.

there may be something in the stadium sponsorship agreement but in this case Gate City wrote a check for the turf. Unless anyone here is willing to buy the turf instead, you have little to beef about. I dislike it as much as anyone but I'm afraid it's a fact of life.

SDbison
12-29-2011, 06:35 PM
Well I'm sure if you want to write a check for a million dollars, they'll keep the sponsorship off next time. Disagree with you Gully and many people would. It didn't have to be that prominent or so close to the Bison logo.

CAS4127
12-29-2011, 06:37 PM
This Exactly...........but our opinion doesn't matter. All about the money. It can look like shit as long as someone writes the check.

It is WAY better than what we have currently-->that's how I am viewing it.

NDSU '96
12-29-2011, 06:38 PM
Well I'm sure if you want to write a check for a million dollars, they'll keep the sponsorship off next time.I don't accept your premise that a million dollars cannot be raised without a corporation's name on the field. If that were the case, we wouldn't have to look so hard for examples of corporate names on the field of play of college stadiums (that gem of a building to the north notwithstanding).

CAS4127
12-29-2011, 06:40 PM
I don't accept your premise that a million dollars cannot be raised without a corporation's name on the field. If that were the case, we wouldn't have to look so hard for examples of corporate names on the field of play of college stadiums (that gem of a building to the north notwithstanding).

How much have you donated to the SHAC fund, cuz we are several years into it and still haven't raised enough-->just sayin'!!!

Swany
12-29-2011, 06:40 PM
The turf looks great! The yellow end zones and Bison logo at midfield are fantastic! And to echo what others have said, we get said brand spanking new turf that is top notch through the help and generosity of a great partner like Gate City Bank and some folks are complaining? Really? Come on, man! If you don't like the Gate City logos, then write the check to pick up the tab for the Turf. Corporate sellouts? You do realize a big part of the support for NDSU athletics in this community and state comes from "corporate sellouts." Boy, we sure have it tough when "corporate sellouts" like Gate City, Scheels, Stop 'N Go, etc., want to support our athletic programs.

Gate City cuts a check to help us pay for the Turf and, some of you, instead of saying thank you, show disrespect by complaining? That's real class. Never look a gift turf in the mouth. To the complainers and procrastanators, get off your damn high horse. We are fortunate we aren't cutting sports like some schools and can afford the amenities we have. A very, very, very big thank you to Gate City for their support and help making this turf happen.

Bison55
12-29-2011, 06:41 PM
it's a definite improvement, but I agree that the Gate City Bank Field should be smaller and not centered on the field. Move it over to the 20 yard lines or something, kind of looks tacky centered, and it seems to drown out the logo on the 50 yard line....just my opinion

Vitojr130
12-29-2011, 06:46 PM

Yes, but I'm sure Lincoln Financial is satisfied with having the stadium called "Lincoln Financial Field" and I'm sure their logo is everywhere but the field. Gate City Bank can't buy the naming rights to the Fargodome, so they settle upon making a donation of $1,000,000 and putting it on the field. I can live with this. It saved NDSU some big bucks that can be applied elsewhere and we will have a really nice field regardless.

CAS4127
12-29-2011, 06:48 PM
The turf looks great! The yellow end zones and Bison logo at midfield are fantastic! And to echo what others have said, we get said brand spanking new turf that is top notch through the help and generosity of a great partner like Gate City Bank and some folks are complaining? Really? Come on, man! If you don't like the Gate City logos, then write the check to pick up the tab for the Turf. Corporate sellouts? You do realize a big part of the support for NDSU athletics in this community and state comes from "corporate sellouts." Boy, we sure have it tough when "corporate sellouts" like Gate City, Scheels, Stop 'N Go, etc., want to support our athletic programs.

Gate City cuts a check to help us pay for the Turf and, some of you, instead of saying thank you, show disrespect by complaining? That's real class. Never look a gift turf in the mouth. To the complainers and procrastanators, get off your damn high horse. We are fortunate we aren't cutting sports like some schools and can afford the amenities we have. A very, very, very big thank you to Gate City for their support and help making this turf happen.

I agree^^^^^^^++++++++++!!

NDSU '96
12-29-2011, 06:48 PM
How much have you donated tot he SHAC fund, cuz we are several years into it and still haven't raised enough-->just sayin'!!!I give a little bit, my priority puts me in the 30s, but you won't see my company's name on it, even with the contribution. :biggrin:

NDSUguy
12-29-2011, 06:50 PM
How much have you donated tot he SHAC fund, cuz we are several years into it and still haven't raised enough-->just sayin'!!!

^^^^^This exactly! We can't get funding for a basketball facility that we REALLY NEED and we're whining when Gate City drops $1 million becuase of a logo at midfield which is 10 yards smaller than the current FargoDome logo!?!?

My suggestion is that everyone who is bitching about this to get out their checkbook and write a quick 10k check. That might get us a couple hundred thousand dollars.... still short of what we need.

Also... when referencing OTHER schools that don't have logos.... These are BIG TIME schools with large bank accounts because of tons of alumni/corporations who donate.

We are NDSU and we DO NOT have the same kind of support from the state and community so we can't expact things to be the same as the other big schools.

Gully
12-29-2011, 06:51 PM
I don't accept your premise that a million dollars cannot be raised without a corporation's name on the field. If that were the case, we wouldn't have to look so hard for examples of corporate names on the field of play of college stadiums (that gem of a building to the north notwithstanding).

It could be raised through other sources, but then those sources would have less to give to other needs (Teamakers, building drives, annual fund, etc.) Besides, I think it looks fine. They could have put their logo in the center!

Bison bison
12-29-2011, 06:52 PM
money talks and bullshit walks.

PaBizon

Agreed! IMO best of the bunch by far.

Gully
This thread reminds me of the Teamakers priority points threads. People are always pissed off when money buys things, whether it's a place in line, or a logo/name on a field. That's the way the world works, get used to it.

CAS4127
12-29-2011, 06:53 PM
I give a little bit, my priority puts me in the 30s, but you won't see my company's name on it, even with the contribution. :biggrin:

My point was more that you suggested raising 1 million dollars and not having to deal with corporate logo's would be realatively simple, when, in reality, NDSU is at a point where it has "taxed" its major supporters to nearly the max.

NDSU '96

Gate City cuts a check to help us pay for the Turf and, some of you, instead of saying thank you, show disrespect by complaining? That's real class. Never look a gift turf in the mouth. To the complainers and procrastanators, get off your damn high horse. We are fortunate we aren't cutting sports like some schools and can afford the amenities we have. A very, very, very big thank you to Gate City for their support and help making this turf happen.I just disagree with the location of a logo. Who's on the high horse again?

Vitojr130
Agreed! IMO best of the bunch by far.

I like it because it is in the intro video. I just associate it with football. I always thought it would fit perfectly right over the Fargodome pinwheel.

Bison bison
12-29-2011, 06:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=aThn0HVcglQ

BadlandsBison
12-29-2011, 06:56 PM
Qdoba was going to be in the endzones until Gate City Bank stepped in

CAS4127
12-29-2011, 06:58 PM
I just disagree with the location of a logo. Who's on the high horse again?

You!!

I give a little bit, my priority puts me in the 30s, but you won't see my company's name on it, even with the contribution. :biggrin:

Didn't ask for that info, did I??!!!

PaBizon
12-29-2011, 06:58 PM
This thread reminds me of the Teamakers priority points threads. People are always pissed off when money buys things, whether it's a place in line, or a logo/name on a field. That's the way the world works, get used to it.

You must be really rich or at least think you're going to be :)

Vitojr130
12-29-2011, 06:59 PM
Qdoba was going to be in the endzones until Gate City Bank stepped in

Bu-bu-bu-but they already own our student sections backs! Don't let them take this from us too!

NDSU '96
12-29-2011, 07:00 PM
You!!

Didn't ask for that info, did I??!!!No, you just asked for a much more specific financial disclosure. I gave you something less specific.

CAS4127
12-29-2011, 07:00 PM
No, you just asked for a much more specific financial disclosure. I gave you something less specific.

Rhetorical-->look it up!!!

Gully
12-29-2011, 07:02 PM
You must be really rich or at least think you're going to be :)

Not at all. I just don't dislike those that are.

Gully
12-29-2011, 07:03 PM
I wonder if Whale of a Wash could put a big Whale on the field and sponsor the "whale of a game" pregame show?

PaBizon
12-29-2011, 07:03 PM
Not at all. I just don't dislike those that are.

Just the ones that aren't then?

Vitojr130
12-29-2011, 07:06 PM
I wonder if Whale of a Wash could put a big Whale on the field and sponsor the "whale of a game" pregame show?

I was thinkin' more of the Don's car wash logo smack dab in the middle of the field. That wouldn't look weird or anything, right?

Gully
12-29-2011, 07:08 PM
Just the ones that aren't then?

Yes, you're on to me, I hate all poor people. I'm not in to the colored font thing but I think most can figure this one out.

NDSU '96
12-29-2011, 07:09 PM
Rhetorical-->look it up!!!Well I guess that's my bad. When people quote me then ask "How much have you donated to the SHAC fund..." I tend to think they are asking me a specific question.

moosbah
12-29-2011, 07:12 PM

Considering how badly things could have looked, I think this will be great. Kinda wish they would have kept the Bison heads on the edges of the endzones.

moosbah
12-29-2011, 07:14 PM

I disagree. You gotta go with the one that's on the helmet!

CAS4127
12-29-2011, 07:15 PM
Well I guess that's my bad. When people quote me then ask "How much have you donated to the SHAC fund..." I tend to think they are asking me a specific question.

Our "discussion" seems to have run its course and is no longer productive, to the extent it ever was I guess.

Peace out!

PaBizon
12-29-2011, 07:16 PM
Yes, you're on to me, I hate all poor people. I'm not in to the colored font thing but I think most can figure this one out.

I guess I'm not part of most then (and I'm ok with that). Just trying to figure out why you continue to play the rich people get what they want card and everyone needs to deal with it and shut up. Isn't having freedom of speech and an opinion just as much the American way as free enterprise?

Bison03
12-29-2011, 07:19 PM
Everyone look at the turf design then look at the new turf design. Can you tell me it is not 100 times better? No huge FD logo, big Bison logo, no faded endzone art, solid yellow endzone. Most importantly, it is not crappy 80's astroturf. I think when we see it in person we will like how it looks compared to the old turf.

56BISON73
12-29-2011, 07:20 PM

VERY well said!!!!!

Gully
12-29-2011, 07:22 PM
I guess I'm not part of most then (and I'm ok with that). Just trying to figure out why you continue to play the rich people get what they want card and everyone needs to deal with it and shut up. Isn't having freedom of speech and an opinion just as much the American way as free enterprise?

You must have confused my post with another one. I'm certainly all in favor of free speech and opinion, don't know what I would have said to make you think otherwise (other than disagree with you).

As for the part about figuring it out...I meant that my last post was sarcasm but I didn't color it like some do on this board.

I just feel like you're trying to argue with me so I'm going to stop posting on this topic because it really doesn't matter what we think, it's already done.

My last thought (not directed at anyone in particular) is that people are mad as hell when things don't happen quickly enough and then people are mad as hell when things get done because someone steps up and pays for it to happen. That I don't understand.

bisonsupporter
12-29-2011, 07:24 PM
I would prefer the gate city signage to run across the sidelines where players and coaches stand. Cant argue the $1 mil to get naming rights. The contract is for 11 years, the turf will last around 11 years. I like the yellow in the endzones. I cant wait to see if the designs are bright and pop or if they are faded.

bri-dog
12-29-2011, 07:26 PM
Jeez, you guys are picky. :)

I'm just glad that:

a) new turf is on the way, and
b) it's got a Bison logo on it.

In my opinion -- and this is only MY opinion, so don't rag on me -- this logo:

http://www.collegefinancialaidguide.com/pictures/North Dakota State University/logo.gif

Looks too much like THIS logo:

http://www.reuels.com/reuels/media/ht/hte371.jpg

56BISON73
12-29-2011, 07:27 PM
For the record--I like the yellow end zones. I also like the whole configuration.

56BISON73
12-29-2011, 07:28 PM

I'm just glad that:

http://www.collegefinancialaidguide.com/pictures/North Dakota State University/logo.gif

Yep. Ive been saying that for quite some time.

PaBizon
12-29-2011, 07:29 PM
You must have confused my post with another one. I'm certainly all in favor of free speech and opinion, don't know what I would have said to make you think otherwise (other than disagree with you).

As for the part about figuring it out...I meant that my last post was sarcasm but I didn't color it like some do on this board.

I just feel like you're trying to argue with me so I'm going to stop posting on this topic because it really doesn't matter what we think, it's already done.

My last thought (not directed at anyone in particular) is that people are mad as hell when things don't happen quickly enough and then people are mad as hell when things get done because someone steps up and pays for it to happen. That I don't understand.

Just so you know I have no problem with Gate City being on the field, especially when they donated what they did. Must have misunderstood your post that said people need to get over the fact that money rules the world so so just deal with it. Might be true but dosen't mean they have to like it. My bad.

4mcruenomore
12-29-2011, 07:29 PM
I think it's awesome, looks great!!

Hammerhead
12-29-2011, 07:31 PM
I'd rather have Gate City in big giant letters with top of the line turf than some crappy junk with no sponsorship. It would be nice if they could add the "elmers glue" bison head logo in the end zones since there is room.

Vitojr130
12-29-2011, 07:32 PM

I'm just glad that:

Hahaha I guess I haven't used Elmer's since, oh- I don't know, kindergarten? Never made the association.

bri-dog
12-29-2011, 07:33 PM
Hahaha I guess I haven't used Elmer's since, oh- I don't know, kindergarten? Never made the association.

I still use Elmer's Wood Glue for woodworking...

NDSU_grad
12-29-2011, 07:40 PM
I know it's already been stated in this thread, but the logo at midfield is the NEW LOGO, and technically it is our primary logo. The stupid head that looks like the cowardly lion from the Wizard of Oz is a secondary logo. If I had the means, I would give the NDSU athletic department 5 million dollars to get rid of that abomination.

EDIT: In case it wasn't obvious, I don't like the Bison head logo.

Vitojr130
12-29-2011, 07:45 PM
I still use Elmer's Wood Glue for woodworking...

Really though, I haven't used it since. It gave me a good laugh to see that NDSU robbed a glue company of its logo haha

Vitojr130
12-29-2011, 07:47 PM
I know it's already been stated in this thread, but the logo at midfield is the NEW LOGO, and technically it is our primary logo. The stupid head that looks like the cowardly lion from the Wizard of Oz is a secondary logo. If I had the means, I would give the NDSU athletic department 5 million dollars to get rid of that abomination.

EDIT: In case it wasn't obvious, I don't like the Bison head logo.

Chuckle.

bisonsupporter
12-29-2011, 07:54 PM
Is anyone as disappointed as me that the field will not be completely yellow? :biggrin:

bri-dog
12-29-2011, 07:56 PM
Is anyone as disappointed as me that the field will not be completely yellow? :biggrin:

It would really brighten up the place.

bisonsupporter
12-29-2011, 07:59 PM
maybe we can get a green and gold alternating pattern like Central Arkansas!

NDSUguy
12-29-2011, 08:02 PM

We're not the only stadium that has a logo on the field..... Jones AT&T stadium

Vitojr130
12-29-2011, 08:04 PM
maybe we can get a green and gold alternating pattern like Central Arkansas!

F*** this idea. Central Arkansas has easily the ugliest field I have seen.

Civil06
12-29-2011, 08:07 PM
F*** this idea. Central Arkansas has easily the ugliest field I have seen.

Wrong. Is UCA's turf horrible??? Yes. But, it doesn't come close to the awfulness that is EWU's field of horrors.

SDbison
12-29-2011, 08:08 PM

Really wtf do you know? All sponsers don't require their names in big ass print so as to compete with the team. How many other fields at the college level do this (close to none)? Sanford is the same way.......can't give without their names in big flashing lights.

SDbison
12-29-2011, 08:14 PM
I think they should rename the university Gate City State since these guys gave so much.........

Vitojr130
12-29-2011, 08:14 PM
Wrong. Is UCA's turf horrible??? Yes. But, it doesn't come close to the awfulness that is EWU's field of horrors.

Yes, I suppose that a field should not turn some God-aweful shade of dark pink after one season. It was indeed a bad choice on their part.

NDSUguy
12-29-2011, 08:16 PM
I think that the difference is that other schools don't need large sums of money to get things like new turf....

Gate City giving $1 Million is different than 10 donors giving 100k to NDSU.

In this scenario, the 10 donors would like some logos somewhere (but likely not prominent on the field due to the fact that they only gave 100k). Gate City ponied up and gave us the BIG MONEY.

We have enough trouble getting funding since we've tapped the community for every last penny.

SDBision.... maybe you would be happier with a modest 100k donation from Gate City and we can continue to save for new turf...... I'm sure the players and coaches are JUST AS PISSED AS YOU about this so they would rather play on astroturf for a few more years so we don't have to look at the gate city bank part of the field.......

Every time i read one of your posts I can't help but think that you either need to lay off the caffiene or get laid (probably both). Calm down.

Thunder_Struck
12-29-2011, 08:26 PM
Wasn't the Fargodome replacing the turf this year even if there wasn't this Gate City Bank donation? My fear was that since the Fargodome was paying for it we wouldn't see a NDSU logo on the 50. Did Gate City donate the money to NDSU for this, to the Fargodome for this, or did they cut a check to the turf company? Like I said earlier its a 9 out of 10 in my book. But I also think we'd have this turf without Gate City, it just might not have looked like it was NDSU's home field. Big thanks to Gate City to guarentee it looks like a Bison field!

SDbison
12-29-2011, 08:27 PM
I think that the difference is that other schools don't need large sums of money to get things like new turf....

Gate City giving $1 Million is different than 10 donors giving 100k to NDSU.

In this scenario, the 10 donors would like some logos somewhere (but likely not prominent on the field due to the fact that they only gave 100k). Gate City ponied up and gave us the BIG MONEY.

We have enough trouble getting funding since we've tapped the community for every last penny.

SDBision.... maybe you would be happier with a modest 100k donation from Gate City and we can continue to save for new turf...... I'm sure the players and coaches are JUST AS PISSED AS YOU about this so they would rather play on astroturf for a few more years so we don't have to look at the gate city bank part of the field.......

Every time i read one of your posts I can't help but think that you either need to lay off the caffiene or get laid (probably both). Calm down.
I gave my opinion you gave yours........seems you gotta take a jab at me. Do it to my face if you are so confident. There should be room on ths board for dissenting opinion. I know some of you are much more connected and have jobe that deal with advertising so you think everything is justified. I just don't agree with the prominence of the advertising. And if you look anywhere else it doesn't happen to this degree. But keep putting me down. You all are brilliant and know so much.

CAS4127
12-29-2011, 08:30 PM
Wasn't the Fargodome replacing the turf this year even if there wasn't this Gate City Bank donation? My fear was that since the Fargodome was paying for it we wouldn't see a NDSU logo on the 50. Did Gate City donate the money to NDSU for this, to the Fargodome for this, or did they cut a check to the turf company? Like I said earlier its a 9 out of 10 in my book. But I also think we'd have this turf without Gate City, it just might not have looked like it was NDSU's home field. Big thanks to Gate City to guarentee it looks like a Bison field!

This, Gate City donated the money to the Fargodome and in turn, obtained the rights to field, which I assume included how the field would be laid out. Had Gate City not done this, we may not have seen the Bison logo. Gate City had beena longstanding, large backer of NDSU athletics, and it/they likely wanted to ensure a Bison logo much like we wanted. Gate City likely hates the pinwheel as much as we all do.

Vitojr130
12-29-2011, 08:31 PM
I gave my opinion you gave yours........seems you gotta take a jab at me. Do it to my face if you are so confident. There should be room on ths board for dissenting opinion. I know some of you are much more connected and have jobe that deal with advertising so you think everything is justified. I just don't agree with the prominence of the advertising. And if you look anywhere else it doesn't happen to this degree. But keep putting me down. You all are brilliant and know so much.

But it does. I don't get why it is such a big deal if they are donating $1,000,000 to the cause. We are talking about a million dollars here, not a few thousand. That is a VERY significant amount of money and if they are willing to support the Bison this much, why would it hurt to reward them with a few logos on the field?

Bison03
12-29-2011, 08:33 PM

Never thought of that. If Gate City stepped in and donated a million buck to insure that a Bison logo is at midfield and not a fargodome logo, then they can put their name any where they want on the field. I believe that the fargodome was fronting the entire bill until Gate City came into the picture. No NDSU money was put into the turf. If GC would not have done what they did, I think we would be looking at a field where the small logos on the 20's would be a massively ugly fargodome logo on the 50.

mnriverbison
12-29-2011, 08:33 PM
I love the yellow. A strong contrasting color to go with the natural color turf. I absolutely abhor corporate sponsorship and advertising on the playing surface/building but I guess we take what we can get.

Ditto. I also am not in love with corp sponsorship but that is the way of the world. Join in or get left behind I suppose. Besides, anything is an upgrade from the current disaster.

Bisonguy
12-29-2011, 08:36 PM

There's a possibility that the turf wouldn't have been the top of the line surface that the Fargodome will be getting if not for this donation from Gate City Bank. The donation most likely has also been in the works for quite a while so once Gate City Bank committed behind the scenes the project got the green light.

IndyBison
12-29-2011, 08:45 PM
There's a possibility that the turf wouldn't have been the top of the line surface that the Fargodome will be getting if not for this donation from Gate City Bank. The donation most likely has also been in the works for quite a while so once Gate City Bank committed behind the scenes the project got the green light.
I was going to make a similar point. I agree it's very likely this project was started because of the Gate City donation in discussions. Lots of lawyers get involved in things like this and a lot of marketing and PR had to be planned around the timing of the announcement and the design of the field.

CAS4127
12-29-2011, 08:48 PM
I was going to make a similar point. I agree it's very likely this project was started because of the Gate City donation in discussions. Lots of lawyers get involved in things like this and a lot of marketing and PR had to be planned around the timing of the announcement and the design of the field.

Sure, blame it on the lawyers!! I say keep the heat on SDBison if you're going to do that!!!:biggrin::hide:

SDbison
12-29-2011, 08:48 PM
Example.......Didn't Bunker give $100,000 to the university for naming rights to the court in the BSA. About one tenth average attendance there compared to the Fargodome, yet the Bunker Court name is smaller and near the sideline. Not splashed across the mid-court area.
This is my last post on the topic. I have a lot more respect for Bunker than the Gate City folks. Great to have the new turf though and I do like the Bison logo at mid-field. Sorry, but I think advertising has its place.......and the Gate City marking is a bit overboard. Flame away.............

missingnumber7
12-29-2011, 09:00 PM
You guys are f)*(ing idiots. How many of you have been complaining that the Bison logo isn't at the middle of the field, other complaining about the old turf and wanting an update. It happens and voila Bisonville Bitching occurs.

IndyBison
12-29-2011, 09:02 PM
Sure, blame it on the lawyers!! I say keep the heat on SDBison if you're going to do that!!!:biggrin::hide:
Always! We refer to our legal department as the anti-sales department. Things like sponsorships and naming rights do require a lot of legalese so definitely not a slam. People see the output of something like this and think it was simple and straightforward. There's a lot more to it. The company I work for has a lot of sports sponsorships so I'm somewhat aware of what is involved. Throw in something like recognition on the field and multiple parties (Fargodome, NDSU, Gate City, FieldTurf) and it gets even more complex.

bisonmike2
12-29-2011, 09:10 PM
I dig the new field. Logo's, corporate sponsorship and the yellow endzones. Everything looks great. Corporate sponsorship doesn't bother me, that's life nowadays. And if Gate City donates a million bucks to get their name on the carpet, so be it. As long as there a huge Bison logo in the middle, I'll live with it. I'd rather have goatse on the field then to have to stare at that gigantic puke yellow pinwheel on the 50 one more second.

Wacker_in_the_Hall
12-29-2011, 09:12 PM
I really hope that Gate City got 25 tickets to the game.......................

TransAmBison
12-29-2011, 09:13 PM
I really hope that Gate City got 25 tickets to the game.......................Now that's funny.

56BISON73
12-29-2011, 09:15 PM
You guys are f)*(ing idiots. How many of you have been complaining that the Bison logo isn't at the middle of the field, other complaining about the old turf and wanting an update. It happens and voila Bisonville Bitching occurs.

Yep.
There are only 2 things I wanted 1. NEW turf 2. Bison logo at the 50.

Wacker_in_the_Hall
12-29-2011, 09:16 PM
Now that's funny.

I am not a jerk all the the time Trans Am!

BisonNeil
12-29-2011, 09:17 PM
Yep.
There are only 2 things I wanted 1. NEW turf 2. Bison logo at the 50.

How about the yellow end zones? I like them, but as an old Bison footballer, what do you think? CAS?

Wacker_in_the_Hall
12-29-2011, 09:18 PM
I really like the contrast of yello end zone.

56BISON73
12-29-2011, 09:22 PM
How about the yellow end zones? I like them, but as an old Bison footballer, what do you think? CAS?

Seriously I really like them. Great contrast to the playing field.

CAS4127
12-29-2011, 09:26 PM

I like them-->but I am also acused of wearing "bedazzled jeans", so what I say/think apparently means nothing!!:(

TransAmBison
12-29-2011, 09:27 PM
I am not a jerk all the the time Trans Am!I have to admit you are winning me over...

bisonmike2
12-29-2011, 09:30 PM
Looks like I'll have to update my field on NCAA 2012.

Civil06
12-29-2011, 10:13 PM
http://postinspostcards.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/fargodome.jpg

vs

http://image.cdnllnwnl.xosnetwork.com/pics32/800/QV/QVKLCMEHEGVSKWY.20111229175118.jpg

The more I look at the new design the more I love it. The new Bison on the 50 is twice the size of the old pinwheel we all despised and the Gate City text is 10 yards shorter than "F A R G O D O M E", doesn't have 3 yds between each letter to make it look stupid, and is outside of the hash marks. Also, the Fargodome logos are so small on the new turf that I'll probably notice them about as much as I noticed the Bison logos at the same location on the old turf, which was never. Is it perfect? No. Is it awesome? YES!

DjKyRo
12-29-2011, 10:15 PM
The Gate City Bank and Fargodome logos are paid for, so they're going to find their way onto the field somehow and we just have to live with that. Love that a Bison logo is the main piece and the endzones look great. Love the new turf!

semobison
12-29-2011, 10:26 PM
As long as the field is green I like it! Its going to be great for the players to not have to play on carpet laid over concrete like they have been!

IBleedYellow
12-29-2011, 11:01 PM
Hell Yeah Bison! LETS GO BOYS!

The yellow is so awesome! I only wish that the 50 would have a Bison Head and not the entire body, I would assume they looked at this for hours upon hours and realized that this current design looks best. In the end all you jerks on here (I say that veryyyy loosely) would have bitched and moaned either way! Soooooo LETS GO BISON!

duluthbison
12-29-2011, 11:08 PM
Did anyone else notice the business end is pointed squarely north?:hide:

CAS4127
12-29-2011, 11:20 PM

I didn't but hope that is the way they do it!!

With their tails up in the air . . .

Excellent!!

Putz
12-29-2011, 11:33 PM
Looks great! Can't wait to see it.

Bison03
12-30-2011, 12:46 AM

I would guess that the The view shown is from the press box so that tv games would be a right side up Bison.

gizmo
12-30-2011, 12:49 AM
The first things I see are the ugly corporate ads. YUK!

CAS4127
12-30-2011, 12:49 AM
I would guess that the The view shown is from the press box so that tv games would be a right side up Bison.

That's what I am thinking-->wish bidness end would face nort tho!!

Hammerhead
12-30-2011, 12:56 AM
This does 2 things.

1. Puts our football facilities among the best in the FCS -- sure to help recruiting.
2. Shows that NDSU football has enough buzz for a company to fork $1 million in sponsorship.

BisonNeil
12-30-2011, 01:05 AM
The first things I see are the ugly corporate ads. YUK!

That is such a pathetically weak response it makes me ill to think how naive you are, well, you and SD. Get a grip guys, the Bison have a better field to play on, potentially fewer injuries, yata, yata...get over it, life is not as perfect as your myopic eyes see it.

bri-dog
12-30-2011, 01:06 AM
That's what I am thinking-->wish bidness end would face nort tho!!

It's a Bison -- as far as I'm concerned, I wouldn't want to mess with EITHER end...:)

gizmo
12-30-2011, 01:42 AM
That is such a pathetically weak response it makes me ill to think how naive you are, well, you and SD. Get a grip guys, the Bison have a better field to play on, potentially fewer injuries, yata, yata...get over it, life is not as perfect as your myopic eyes see it.

It's just my opinion, fellow Bison fan. We're all for the Bison, right? Nowhere did I say I disliked the playability of a new field.

However, I am concerned about the university selling out to corporations every time something new is needed and it's not just in sports but in all aspects of the university.

bisoningrandforks
12-30-2011, 02:08 AM
the new turf looks great to me!........one of my friends watched a playoff game with me and said...geeez you guys have a hell of a team and you sell out almost every game...then he said... WHAT THE HELL IS WITH THAT TURF!...enough said....when the new turf is in everyone will love it!

56BISON73
12-30-2011, 02:15 AM
It's just my opinion, fellow Bison fan. We're all for the Bison, right? Nowhere did I say I disliked the playability of a new field.

However, I am concerned about the university selling out to corporations every time something new is needed and it's not just in sports but in all aspects of the university.

I dont think having your name on the new turf is selling out. Especially NDSU. The turf was the Fargodomes responsibility. But they do work in partnership. Having a business come in and drop that kind of cash down so NDSU or the dome doesnt have to is a big plus and I have no issues with it.

AjaxTheMighty
12-30-2011, 02:33 AM
Can't believe that people have a problem with the sponsorship on the NEW turf. "Dear lord baby Jesus...due to abiding endorsement contract that stipulates I mention Power Aid at each grace. I just wanna say that Power Aid is delicious and it cools you off on a hot summer day, and we look forward to Power Aid's release of Mystic Mountain Blueberry. Thank you for all your power and your grace dear baby God. Amen!"

BlueBisonRock
12-30-2011, 02:36 AM
Can't believe that people have a problem with the sponsorship on the NEW turf. "Dear lord baby Jesus...due to abiding endorsement contract that stipulates I mention Power Aid at each grace. I just wanna say that Power Aid is delicious and it cools you off on a hot summer day, and we look forward to Power Aid's release of Mystic Mountain Blueberry. Thank you for all your power and your grace dear baby God. Amen!"

Makes me thirsty for the original Gatorade.

CAS4127
12-30-2011, 03:08 AM

Then donate ALL your time to fundraising and let ne know when u start, as I will evaluate your succes, or lack thereof-->just effin sayin'!

bisonhp330
12-30-2011, 03:33 AM
old logos better imo . Major upgrade

I agree- go back one more logo.....even better!

jimmyptubas
12-30-2011, 04:02 AM
I don't have 1 million dollars and most likely never will but does James M. Petry Memorial Field at the Fabulous Fargo Dome really sound any better than Gate City Bank Field?

(as a rich bastard I would indeed mandate the above name after my generous donation).

Hammersmith
12-30-2011, 04:09 AM
Watching the Alamo Bowl and just noticed that they must have the same stuff as NAU and UNI. Sure glad we waited until the good stuff was ready for prime time. (You can clearly see the seams on TV - they didn't even bother trying to hide them along the yard lines.)

jimmyptubas
12-30-2011, 04:20 AM
yeah the turf at the alamo bowl is bad but the game sure is good! Unless you like defense that is .... ( CAS ----probably not a game for your eyes....:) )

Thunder_Struck
12-30-2011, 04:20 AM
Why don't they sell the other two corners?

gizmo
12-30-2011, 12:14 PM
I think it should have been named Dakota Field.

TransAmBison
12-30-2011, 12:15 PM
I think it should have been named Dacotah Field.Fixed it for you.

bisondad
12-30-2011, 12:41 PM
Guys, they donated ONE MILLION DOLLARS. Holy cow that's alot of money. If having their name on the field is worth that much to them, I say GREAT! Both sides are gaining something. Again, it is ONE MILLION DOLLARS! Great improvement for Bison Football.

Hammerhead
12-30-2011, 12:58 PM
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTpIkdCWMNl79buoz8RwsyL-zdrL0Zygr__nJZjTTX-1br0NGSkfn_6dniD_A

Guys, they donated ONE MILLION DOLLARS. Holy cow that's alot of money. If having their name on the field is worth that much to them, I say GREAT! Both sides are gaining something. Again, it is ONE MILLION DOLLARS! Great improvement for Bison Football.

bisondad
12-30-2011, 01:03 PM
Where is the "like" button?

westnodak93bison
12-30-2011, 03:18 PM
The Gate City Bank wording is no worse than Fargodome on the field.

Bison 4 Life
12-30-2011, 03:21 PM
The Gate City Bank wording is no worse than Fargodome on the field.

This.

there is a simple solution to all the corporate pollution on the field. Have NDSU start a capital fund to raise about $60 million and just buy the dome from the city. Simple as that. They can paint the whole thing yellow and call it whatever they want.

steelbison
12-30-2011, 03:23 PM
Want to thank Gate City for Supporting NDSU athletics!

One Million Dollars!!! What a generous donation!!!

Can't wait to see the new turf!!!

Bison03
12-30-2011, 03:25 PM
und is getting new turf next year and paying almost a million more for it. At least we get to put our mascot on the 50 yard line unlike und who should just put a big question mark at midfield or "the Wioux". Someone with better design skills than me should come up with design for them.

Bison"FANatic"
12-30-2011, 03:46 PM
und is getting new turf next year and paying almost a million more for it. At least we get to put our mascot on the 50 yard line unlike und who should just put a big question mark at midfield or "the Wioux". Someone with better design skills than me should come up with design for them.

I think they should just put a bunch of ? marks all over midfield of different sizes and colors and then call themselves the Enigma's.

Civil06
12-30-2011, 03:49 PM
I think they should just put a bunch of ? marks all over midfield of different sizes and colors and then call themselves the Enigma's.

New Mascot???
http://m0vie.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/riddler.jpg?w=468

duluthbison
12-30-2011, 03:52 PM
I just stumbled across this online, never saw the inside of the turf pit before.

http://www.inforum.com/event/photogallery/id/1796/

tony
12-30-2011, 04:11 PM
I really dislike corporate logos on fields but at least this makes sense... the gigantic Fargodome logos made absolutely no sense.

56BISON73
12-30-2011, 04:33 PM
I just stumbled across this online, never saw the inside of the turf pit before.

Hey thanks. Always wondered how they did it.

Vitojr130
12-30-2011, 04:40 PM

Well, this explains what I always tripped on when running onto the field for pregame in marching band!

Hansel
12-30-2011, 04:54 PM
Maybe we can get yellow goal posts next?

Bison03
12-30-2011, 04:56 PM

I was thinking the same thing. The white ones look to plain. Don't make them neon yellow like the metrodome. Make them the same color as the endzone yellow. If it looked good at Dakotah Field, it will look good in the FD.

Bison bison
12-30-2011, 05:04 PM
they should pipe flare gas from western ND and have flames come from the top of the goal posts.

aces1180
12-30-2011, 05:05 PM
they should pipe flare gas from western ND and have flames come from the top of the goal posts.

That would be stealing UND's next logo...

roadwarrior
12-30-2011, 05:42 PM

Doesn't the NCAA specify white goalposts?

Hansel
12-30-2011, 05:48 PM
Doesn't the NCAA specify white goalposts?

white or yellow

Goals
ARTICLE 5. a. Each goal shall consist of two white or yellow uprights
extending at least 30 feet above the ground with a connecting white or
yellow horizontal crossbar, the top of which is 10 feet above the ground.

http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/rules/fielddiagrams/football.pdf

taper
12-30-2011, 08:42 PM
The do specify white yardlines. I'm not sure if having yellow lines on a green field would show Bison pride or look stupid, but at least nobody will try.

Bisonguy
12-30-2011, 10:42 PM
According to a study by Michigan State, Gameday Grass 3D is the closest thing to natural grass- http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_pwwi/is_200808/ai_n27976013/

Hammersmith
12-31-2011, 03:42 AM
According to a study by Michigan State, Gameday Grass 3D is the closest thing to natural grass- http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_pwwi/is_200808/ai_n27976013/
Wow, I bet Field Turf(and MplsBison) hated that study. A huge chunk of their marketing was using previous studies to show how much better their stuff was over carpet-style turfs. Those studies were mainly focused on impact levels(chance of concussions). This study was focused on rotational torque(ankle and knee injuries) and found Field Turf was the worst of the lot they studied(Sprinturf was not among the tested surfaces). Looking at the data, I hope the Fargodome is getting either the crambient or extruded infill and not the cryogenic infill. The previous two outperformed the third by a fair margin.

http://www.astroturfusa.com/Media/Surface_Abstract.pdf

tjbison
12-31-2011, 02:19 PM
Looks good...but...............Remove the Fargodome Logos, we all know that is the building we are in, and even the ESPN announcers made it WELL clear to the viewers the name of the building, shrink the Gate city Bank Field logos a little, if I remember correct the Mall of America field logos are not that big in the Metrodump, and for the love of God DO NOT PUT THE NEW BISON HEAD AT THE 50...keep this logo

Conference Logo IMO needs to be on the 20's.

Bisonfan1
12-31-2011, 02:30 PM
Looks good...but...............Remove the Fargodome Logos, we all know that is the building we are in, and even the ESPN announcers made it WELL clear to the viewers the name of the building, shrink the Gate city Bank Field logos a little, if I remember correct the Mall of America field logos are not that big in the Metrodump, and for the love of God DO NOT PUT THE NEW BISON HEAD AT THE 50...keep this logo

Conference Logo IMO needs to be on the 20's.
Im with you, do not need Gate city Bank AND Elmers Glue as sponsors on the field.

tjbison
12-31-2011, 02:34 PM
Im with you, do not need Gate city Bank AND Elmers Glue as sponsors on the field.

Im ok with them having a mention as they are footing some of the bill, but yeah it look cluttered with both the building name and the field name. Look at other facilities they generally dont have both the Sponsor and facility name but I could be wrong.

i forgot to add in my first post I LOVE THE ENDZONES

56BISON73
12-31-2011, 08:04 PM
Im ok with them having a mention as they are footing some of the bill, but yeah it look cluttered with both the building name and the field name. Look at other facilities they generally dont have both the Sponsor and facility name but I could be wrong.

i forgot to add in my first post I LOVE THE ENDZONES

The only thing I question is WHY Fargodome has to be on the turf?

Hammersmith
12-31-2011, 08:15 PM
I'm going to guess that it's a couple of reasons. One is probably to remind everyone that the FD is a city facility and not an NDSU facility. I know that seems really, really obvious, but I bet it's in the minds of some of the FD people that represent the city. Not a big deal for Bison games, but the turf will also be used for state tournaments and the like. A bigger reason is to keep the name prominent in TV broadcasts. As the Bison get more games on regional and national TV, I'm sure there are some that want constant name recognition for the facility. Sure, 95%+ of those watching will already know the game is in the FD, but some probably want to make sure the other 5% know it as well. The FD is now competing with a bunch of regional events center of about the same size. Some in MSP, one in Winnipeg, two in GF, soon to be two in SF, at least one in Omaha, at least one in Sioux City. Making sure the FD name is prominent in every home Bison FB broadcast is just another small shot in the event center arms race. Those are my guesses, at least.

Ferd
12-31-2011, 09:10 PM
All-in-all I think it's easier to get corporation sponsorships than money for athletic facilities from the Legislature.

Just sayin...

tjbison
12-31-2011, 09:29 PM

I agree, the metrodome turf only has mall of America Field and doesnt have Metrodome plastured all over it

56BISON73
12-31-2011, 09:30 PM
I'm going to guess that it's a couple of reasons. One is probably to remind everyone that the FD is a city facility and not an NDSU facility. I know that seems really, really obvious, but I bet it's in the minds of some of the FD people that represent the city. Not a big deal for Bison games, but the turf will also be used for state tournaments and the like. A bigger reason is to keep the name prominent in TV broadcasts. As the Bison get more games on regional and national TV, I'm sure there are some that want constant name recognition for the facility. Sure, 95%+ of those watching will already know the game is in the FD, but some probably want to make sure the other 5% know it as well. The FD is now competing with a bunch of regional events center of about the same size. Some in MSP, one in Winnipeg, two in GF, soon to be two in SF, at least one in Omaha, at least one in Sioux City. Making sure the FD name is prominent in every home Bison FB broadcast is just another small shot in the event center arms race. Those are my guesses, at least.

Ok I can see that.

bisonwest
01-01-2012, 12:11 PM

I agree. I think that if they are going to put the name of the facility on the turf at all it should be off the field of play.

Bison 4 Life
01-01-2012, 12:50 PM
20 pages mostly complaining about the logos on the NEW TURF?!?!!

You'd complain if they hung you with an old rope!

AjaxTheMighty
01-01-2012, 04:10 PM
I will not bow to any sponsor!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjB6r-HDDI0

tjbison
01-01-2012, 11:59 PM
20 pages mostly complaining about the logos on the NEW TURF?!?!!

You'd complain if they hung you with an old rope!

I wasnt complaining just putting things I would like to see on and left off....geez

mebisonII
01-02-2012, 12:57 PM
Looks pretty great to me. If the FD labels bother you, just imagine that there was no NDSU logo at all, and a giant, odd-colored pinwheel in the center of the field.

Is the Fargodome paying part of the cost of the turf and/or installation? Also, I assume this turf will be used for all of the high-school games that get played there as well?

Gully
01-02-2012, 01:51 PM
Looks pretty great to me. If the FD labels bother you, just imagine that there was no NDSU logo at all, and a giant, odd-colored pinwheel in the center of the field.

Is the Fargodome paying part of the cost of the turf and/or installation? Also, I assume this turf will be used for all of the high-school games that get played there as well?

I agree.

Yes, the turf will be used for high school games as well.