PDA

View Full Version : 1991 Bison-Sioux Game - A Classic

CaBisonFan
12-29-2011, 09:59 AM
Here it is in 16 pieces at Dacotah Field...with the FD under construction in the background.

Whoops...here's the link.

http://www.youtube.com/user/NorthDakotaStBison1?blend=9&ob=5

4mcruenomore
12-29-2011, 01:18 PM
No link

(10 char)

NFLBison
12-29-2011, 01:47 PM
Are you serious? 10 days until title game & you start a thread like this?
Ha Ha get a clue

HerdBot
12-29-2011, 02:28 PM
Ha Ha get a clue

it really sucks waiting so these help pass the time . thanks ca!

semobison
12-29-2011, 02:33 PM
Ha Ha get a clue

Are your shorts a little tight junior member? Thanks CA!

NDSU_grad
12-29-2011, 02:37 PM
Are your shorts a little tight junior member? Thanks CA!
Maybe we should wait to thank him until he posts the link. :)

CaBisonFan
12-29-2011, 02:46 PM
Ha Ha get a clue

You're assuming that I care what you think.

Bison03
12-29-2011, 03:26 PM
Ha Ha get a clue

I think it is good to remember the past when going into a game like this. Seeing these old games reminds me of the tradition and glory this program has. I would love to see the past championship videos as well.

BISONBRI53
12-29-2011, 03:48 PM
Thank you! Love the old videos!

CaBisonFan
12-29-2011, 04:00 PM
Maybe we should wait to thank him until he posts the link. :)

Yeah...I was up late getting the vids ready and forgot a rather important item...:facepalm:

NDSU_grad
12-29-2011, 04:27 PM
Yeah...I was up late getting the vids ready and forgot a rather important item...:facepalm:
Just flippin' you some ish. Not a big deal.

CaBisonFan
12-29-2011, 04:30 PM
Just flippin' you some ish. Not a big deal.

...no problemo...

Vitojr130
12-29-2011, 04:42 PM
Ha Ha get a clue

I read this^, blinked,

You're assuming that I care what you think.

and realized I did not give a f*ck. Thanks, Ca! I was born the year of this game, so I think it is fun to see the big games that I have missed!

CaBisonFan
12-29-2011, 04:47 PM
I read this^, blinked,

and realized I did not give a f*ck. Thanks, Ca! I was born the year of this game, so I think it is fun to see the big games that I have missed!

Thanks

20-year anniversary of this one. We're due for dominance again. After being at the last game, I realized that the Bison have rediscovered the formula.

Beat the other team to submission...find their strength, and expose it as a weakness. Can't believe it's happening again in my lifetime.

The crowd formula in the FD has been discovered. Make it totally unbearable for the visitors. Make them wanna go home.

Vitojr130
12-29-2011, 04:52 PM
Thanks

20-year anniversary of this one. We're due for dominance again. After being at the last game, I realized that the Bison have rediscovered the formula.

Beat the other team to submission...find their strength, and expose it as a weakness. Can't believe it's happening again in my lifetime.

The crowd formula in the FD has been discovered. Make it totally unbearable for the visitors. Make them wanna go home.

^Fact. I and all my friends make sure we don't leave the FD with our voices intact. Dacotah Field looks like it used to be a pretty good venue for football. Now, it looks like a dump. More than half the stands are missing and nothing is maintained.

KTF
12-29-2011, 05:16 PM
I wish the FD was like the GSU or any of the playoff games, during the regualr season. The only game close to the playoffs was UNI, the rest of them were like a library zone.

CivilBison96
12-29-2011, 11:34 PM
In watching I had forgotten how much Ed loved the Sue.

56BISON73
12-29-2011, 11:38 PM
Ha Ha get a clue

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

4mcruenomore
12-29-2011, 11:50 PM
Thank you CA, I love your work and I appreciate all of it. Brings back some fond memories!

westnodak93bison
12-30-2011, 12:05 AM
Ha Ha get a clue

Bah humbug! Thanks for sharing CA!

CaBisonFan
12-30-2011, 01:05 AM
Thank you CA, I love your work and I appreciate all of it. Brings back some fond memories!

No problem 4m...sorry if it looked like I was making fun of you about western North Dakota players. I happen to share your opinion. I meant nothing by it.

You're a genuine Bison fan...true blue.

OrygunBison
12-30-2011, 01:07 AM

Yeah, good Lord, he must have needed to change his pants a few times during the game. Love love love for RT, that's for damn sure.

CaBisonFan
12-30-2011, 01:07 AM

Yeah...and this seemed to be the point where he turned the corner toward them. Ironically, he mentioned something about the two of them switching jobs.

He brought up some valid points...but the flavor of his comments were nauseating. I still like his days as the voice of the Bison.

NDSUFREAK
12-30-2011, 03:58 AM
wow I wanted to tell ed schultz to shut the fack up!!!! what an annoying idiot

jimmyptubas
12-30-2011, 04:09 AM
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Don't worry...I neg repped this guys back a few steps....humility will be learned!

Hammersmith
12-30-2011, 04:14 AM
Don't worry...I neg repped this guys back a few steps....humility will be learned!
Hah! Now that's funny. If you can manage this feat, all will bow down before you. I don't think even Chuck Norris, Joe Mays or Brock Jensen could accomplish it.

jimmyptubas
12-30-2011, 04:17 AM
It may not be a learned behavior but since when has Brock not been humble?

Hammersmith
12-30-2011, 04:23 AM
It may not be a learned behavior but since when has Brock not been humble?
Sorry, bit of a miscommunication there. You were referring to teaching humility to nflbison. Well, it's a badly kept secret that he's actually a well known poster that has issues with humility(major understatement). I tried to turn it into a Chuck Norris joke and added Joe and Brock. Maybe you saw the sign at the GSU game that said "Chuck Norris wears Brock Jensen underwear"? Absolutely no offense was meant toward Brock. Quite the opposite, really.

jimmyptubas
12-30-2011, 04:29 AM
Sorry, bit of a miscommunication there. You were referring to teaching humility to nflbison. Well, it's a badly kept secret that he's actually a well known poster that has issues with humility(major understatement). I tried to turn it into a Chuck Norris joke and added Joe and Brock. Maybe you saw the sign at the GSU game that said "Chuck Norris wears Brock Jensen underwear"? Absolutely no offense was meant toward Brock. Quite the opposite, really.

Gotcha...i did see that sign but did not catch the connection. So is nflbison lakes' new user name?

CaBisonFan
12-30-2011, 04:39 AM
Gotcha...i did see that sign but did not catch the connection. So is nflbison lakes' new user name?

...in spirit perhaps...

TbonZach
12-30-2011, 05:38 AM
i should be neg repped for bad reply tactics!

Done and done. ;)

Just kidding. ....or am I? :D

BadlandsBison
12-30-2011, 05:52 AM
Holy quack, was Eddy literally that much of a UND homer? sheesh

CivilBison96
12-30-2011, 03:02 PM
Holy quack, was Eddy literally that much of a UND homer? sheesh

Yes towards the end of his "Voice of the Bison" run he really was that much of a UND homer, I have no evidence but I think he had a "secret" relationship with teh "Horses ass" (AKA Roger Thomas) as the basis of his mancrush for everything Sue.

CAS4127
12-30-2011, 03:11 PM
Yes towards the end of his "Voice of the Bison" run he really was that much of a UND homer, I have no evidence but I think he had a "secret" relationship with teh "Horses ass" (AKA Roger Thomas) as the basis of his mancrush for everything Sue.

By this time, the word behind the scene was that Big Eddy was headin north, and, yes, he actually did have a growing friendship with Thomas and UND at the time. He doesn't hide things very well.

He and I go in an pissing match one time about NDSU football/athletics--this was after he had left and he was still a big supporter of Bobber E. I told him he and Bobber didn't know sh*t about the true tradition of NDSU football, and that the only way they were ever remotely qualified or welcomed on NDSU's football field was when he was carrying a microphone and Bobber was looking for one to talk into.

westnodak93bison
12-30-2011, 03:16 PM
I tried watching some of it last night but I just can't handle Big Fat Ed.

CaBisonFan
12-30-2011, 04:33 PM
By this time, the word behind the scene was that Big Eddy was headin north, and, yes, he actually did have a growing friendship with Thomas and UND at the time. He doesn't hide things very well.

He and I go in an pissing match one time about NDSU football/athletics--this was after he had left and he was still a big supporter of Bobber E. I told him he and Bobber didn't know sh*t about the true tradition of NDSU football, and that the only way they were ever remotely qualified or welcomed on NDSU's football field was when he was carrying a microphone and Bobber was looking for one to talk into.

Where does the bottle-throwing incident at Dacotah Field fit into this formula? Was that a turning point?

CaBisonFan
12-30-2011, 04:36 PM

Try to think of it as him being at the end of his 'welcome' at NDSU...so he had to go to a loser program instead...thusly, he has to make it sound like he loves the sue. OK...so UND won some games against us, and eventually won a NC...but I ask...has UND really ever been dominant (Bison style) in our lifetimes? How many times did UND piss-pound us when the cycle turned their way?

CaBisonFan
12-30-2011, 04:41 PM
This question occurs to me as we approach the championship game..."how many sue fans are hoping that we lose?"

Answer...a lot. God...I love how our 'stupid' move up to DI has worked out so far.

Big Dance & great team building now...Football Championship Game...MVFC title...Softball success...Volleyball success...the Golfer (name?)...(all on the national level).

What did I miss on this list?

Notorious
12-30-2011, 04:47 PM
Don't have time to watch today, but is this the Raul Sanchez run to "seal the deal"...or was that a different year??

TransAmBison
12-30-2011, 04:49 PM
Don't have time to watch today, but is this the Raul Sanchez run to "seal the deal"...or was that a different year??I think that was '91 and '92 if I am not mistaken.

THEsocalledfan
12-30-2011, 04:49 PM

My goodness, folks. This reminds me of a line from Julius Ceasar:

"The evil men do lives after them, the good is oft intered with their bones. So let it be with Ceasar."

Ed was the best play by play person ever in Bison football. Please realize, when I say this:
1. I hate his current politics.
2. Doubt I would ever like him if I met him in person. (edit: forgot I did meet him once)
3. Hate the he ever did UND games.

But all of those things don't change how good he was, even if he slipped a bit on this game. Irrational on my part? Perhaps, but you have to remember that growing up in the 80's and 90's the only way to follow the Bison was by radio and I LOVED listening to Eddie call a game. I feel the same way for him that I do for John Gordon and Herb Carneal with the Twins.

I have trouble believing folks who were like me, and grew up with Eddie calling games, hate him as an announcer? (again, taking politics out of it)

Notorious
12-30-2011, 04:51 PM
Raul Sanchez...very underrated.

scbison91
12-30-2011, 05:51 PM

"The evil men do lives after them, the good is oft intered with their bones. So let it be with Ceasar."

Ed was the best play by play person ever in Bison football. Please realize, when I say this:
2. Doubt I would ever like him if I met him in person. (edit: forgot I did meet him once)

But all of those things don't change how good he was, even if he slipped a bit on this game. Irrational on my part? Perhaps, but you have to remember that growing up in the 80's and 90's the only way to follow the Bison was by radio and I LOVED listening to Eddie call a game. I feel the same way for him that I do for John Gordon and Herb Carneal with the Twins.

I have trouble believing folks who were like me, and grew up with Eddie calling games, hate him as an announcer? (again, taking politics out of it)

I didn't like ED when I agreed with his politics because he just plained sucked as an announcer on the radio.. He would go excited at times that you didn't have a clue what was the hell wasgoing on in the game because he was so excited.

BisonTeacher
12-30-2011, 05:52 PM
I think this was my first Bison-Sioux game ever. Freshman year.

NDSU '96
12-30-2011, 05:59 PM
As much as I enjoyed being at those games, seeing these clips makes me appreciate even more the level of play the program is at now.

BlueBisonRock
12-30-2011, 06:15 PM
Yes, I am repeating myself. I have a distaste for Eddie that predates his work as an announcer for NDSU. Call it Fargo Parks and Rec City League. When I read this thread, I asked my wife if she remembered Eddie. The comment that resulted led to some real Blue language.

I was embarrassed when Eddie became the voice of the Bison. This contributed as much to my loosing touch with the Bison in the late 80s and early 90s as job moves did.

CaBisonFan
12-30-2011, 06:24 PM

I wonder how much the politics enter into the neg. attitude toward Ed sometimes. I don't listen to holler shows on any of the cable entertainment news shows. No matter what side of the aisle you're on...it's purely preaching to the choir...promoting partial & sometimes inaccurate information...and laughing all the way to the bank. Ed has figured this out. He does very well.

I happen to share your opinion about Ed's time as the voice of the Bison. For me...it ain't even close.

The great thing about Bison Football is that people from all walks of political, ethnic, & religious life can forget about the differences for a while...and agree that Bison Football is one of the most amazing things the state & the region has.

When I came to the game against GS...I wasn't thinking..."hey, I wonder who the Republicans & Democrats are in the room."

To my knowledge, Ed never brought politics into the announcer's booth. Could be wrong.

I think that most of us would take Ed's current job in a heartbeat...and many of us would preach to the choir...as he does.

CAS4127
12-30-2011, 06:30 PM
Eddie is one of the reasons Hammer does not like NDSU athletics. Hammer and Eddie used to fight to get into the locker room first for post-game interviews, and I mean "fight" in the literal sense. Eddie actually shoved Hammer to the floor in a stairwell down at SDSU one year, and, after that, Eddie got priority because he was "The Voice of The Bison", and NDSU did not want to deal with their juvenile behavior. Hammer has had a bad taste for NDSU ever since-->those guys do have egos you know!!

THEsocalledfan
12-30-2011, 07:10 PM
I wonder how much the politics enter into the neg. attitude toward Ed sometimes. I don't listen to holler shows on any of the cable entertainment news shows. No matter what side of the aisle you're on...it's purely preaching to the choir...promoting partial & sometimes inaccurate information...and laughing all the way to the bank. Ed has figured this out. He does very well.

I happen to share your opinion about Ed's time as the voice of the Bison. For me...it ain't even close.

The great thing about Bison Football is that people from all walks of political, ethnic, & religious life can forget about the differences for a while...and agree that Bison Football is one of the most amazing things the state & the region has.

When I came to the game against GS...I wasn't thinking..."hey, I wonder who the Republicans & Democrats are in the room."

To my knowledge, Ed never brought politics into the announcer's booth. Could be wrong.

I think that most of us would take Ed's current job in a heartbeat...and many of us would preach to the choir...as he does.

CA, I chuckeld when I read this as it is so true. If folks think Eddie actually believes half the things he says, they are fooling themsleve. He's in it for the coin, nothing else. And that started long before his time on MS NBC, even before going to KFGO when he was on the other side of the aile....

CaBisonFan
12-30-2011, 07:25 PM
CA, I chuckeld when I read this as it is so true. If folks think Eddie actually believes half the things he says, they are fooling themsleve. He's in it for the coin, nothing else. And that started long before his time on MS NBC, even before going to KFGO when he was on the other side of the aile....

Yep...and he ain't stupid. He found the msnbc niche, and went with it. He'd have gone to fox if the opening were there...& he'd do the same thing from the other side of things. He's involved in a dumbing-down (and division) process of the country...as are announcers from any channel that has 'holler news shows.' Real news is hard to find. Please...nobody has to find me 1,000 websites that provide real news...lol

I wouldn't necessarily be supportive of Ed coming back to the Bison booth. He's too divisive now.

BadlandsBison
12-30-2011, 07:30 PM
I could give a crap about Ed's politics, he's still a jerk.

CaBisonFan
12-30-2011, 08:01 PM
As much as I enjoyed being at those games, seeing these clips makes me appreciate even more the level of play the program is at now.

I can't compare the level of the old & new. Apples & oranges...in different times. The dominant 80s teams were machines on both sides of the ball. They made the most of their athletic abilities. We're not there yet on offense. Our defense is.

THEsocalledfan
12-30-2011, 08:40 PM
I wouldn't necessarily be supportive of Ed coming back to the Bison booth. He's too divisive now.

Firmly agree, even though I have jokingly suggested it before. He is just another interesting part of Bison football history.

bisonwest
12-30-2011, 09:05 PM
These vids you post are the f*ckin cats meow! This is my second favorite Dacotah field game (second to Pitt State 1990). Thanks dude!!

CaBisonFan
12-30-2011, 09:25 PM
These vids you post are the f*ckin cats meow! This is my second favorite Dacotah field game (second to Pitt State 1990). Thanks dude!!

Which one are you refering to? Just curious. Thanks!

westnodak93bison
12-30-2011, 11:25 PM
No disrespect to the 91' team but watching that game made a guy really appreciate the talent on the 90' team.

CaBisonFan
12-30-2011, 11:40 PM
No disrespect to the 91' team but watching that game made a guy really appreciate the talent on the 90' team.

Yep...90s team was absolutely loaded. Some of the great players were back for 91, but obviously there were some big holes that didn't get filled immediately.

It had to be really frustrating for them.

MontanaBisonFan
12-31-2011, 03:36 AM
I could give a crap about Ed's politics, he's still a jerk.

I am a Bison fan since 1965. But in the 80's when Ed "the jerk" shultz was announcing I could not stand it.

So I was a Sioux fan until the switch.

Ed Shultz is North Dakota's biggest fool ever. "PUKE"

CaBisonFan
12-31-2011, 03:40 AM
I am a Bison fan since 1965. But in the 80's when Ed "the jerk" shultz was announcing I could not stand it.

So I was a Sioux fan until the switch.

Ed Shultz is North Dakota's biggest fool ever. "PUKE"

So that was the deciding factor you...ok.

SafeTeeJ
12-31-2011, 04:38 AM

On the defensive side you can see how much they missed Ken Clark at FS. One tough SOB!

SafeTeeJ
12-31-2011, 04:42 AM
Ed was looking for the Bison to fail as far back as the 89' season. Ed was a judas, a big ass kisser and had no clue what Bison pride was all about.

CaBisonFan
12-31-2011, 04:55 AM
Ed was looking for the Bison to fail as far back as the 89' season. Ed was a judas, a big ass kisser and had no clue what Bison pride was all about.

When the Bison wave was riding high he rode it well...went along for the ride. When we lost a little bit of our edge, he got off. Yir right.

I think that he was really a Moorhead Stater at heart...and was jealous as hell of the Bison while he played there...and afterwards. He thought of himself as being better (as a player), and he couldn't get rid of that in the booth. The ego was too big. He was never really a true Sioux fan either. Rather...he was the anti-Bison during his time there. It was frickin' weird...eerie...strange.

Thing is...he wouldn't have played for the Bison. He wasn't the right kind of QB...and frankly...he wasn't good enough for the program. I know...he had a chance to play in the NFL...right. We destroyed many, many QBs like him at Dacotah Field.

He couldn't have carried Bentrim or Simdorn's lunch. He didn't have that kind of character or leadership skills. He knew it...and it killed him.

SafeTeeJ
12-31-2011, 05:04 AM
Ed would have went home crying to MAma after 3 days of two-a-days. Not part of the synergism.

CaBisonFan
12-31-2011, 05:12 AM
Ed would have went home crying to MAma after 3 days of two-a-days. Not part of the synergism.

...absolutely correct...