PDA

View Full Version : Teammakers priority system

td577
12-26-2011, 04:24 PM
Even though I wasn't far enough up on the list to get tickets this year, I think the system is just about as fair as you can get. My only change to the way the system should have worked this year is starting with the number of tickets you normally have and then work your way back to those extra tickets.

The entire premise of Team makers is everyone's contributions are important. While reality dictates some are more important than others, the bottom line is the booster program needs the smallest of contributors to make it work. So it is important for the system to treat actual season tickets as the standard for a number to work with while the level of other contributions to set the standard for actually getting seats. Also, the addition of the tickets for the sport should somehow play a part. It wouldn't be fair for someone who is only a season ticket holder for football get an edge over someone for basketball tickets. This would be the toughest place to make any change, but it is just my opinion.

The other place I would make a change is having a category for NDSU graduates to earn points. We already have the letterwinner category, so lets add a graduate category. Lets reward those who actually completed the requirements for a degree and further encourage them to give to the athletic programs. These should also be your strongest supporters because they actually have a stronger tie to the institution. I am thinking a 5 point bonus for a degree.

As far as the letterwinner category, I think it is great they are willing to give back but their points shouldn't go into effect until after two years of membership. For most of the letterwinners, they wouldn't have had the opportunity to compete and receive an education if it wasn't for the team makers during their college stint. To immediately move to the top 3% because of a letter should only happen after meaningful involvement.

Every team maker is important. Every season ticket holder is important for that sport. While team makers isn't a football only program, there should be some reward for loyalty towards those given sports. The other side is some of us team makers who have only joined for the football seats are going to start getting involved on a season ticket level for other sports to gain points for future benefit.

By the way, if my suggestions were in place, I still probably wouldn't have been high enough. 6 years with two tickets a year isn't enough even with a degree from NDSU. I just want a system that further rewards loyalty and create opportunities for more involvement.

Bison bison
12-27-2011, 02:00 AM
The idea of giving points to alumni has grown on me.

Students support athletics through their involvement as spectators and through the activity fee.

I think that 10 points for an undergraduate degree and 4/6 points for each grad degree sounds about right.

80ALUM
12-27-2011, 02:08 AM
Teammakers already gives extra priority points for any season tickets purchased for other sports in addition to football. I agree with giving points for graduates of NDSU.

bisonhurdler
12-27-2011, 05:24 PM
Td577, I like to see people offer solutions not just complain about the problems. Your comments have some good merit. When I was an athlete at NDSU, I always heard "once a bison, always a bison". The students are the heart of the insititution and hopefully they will continue to support the school for a lifetime. I have seen posts about people not getting tickets to the NC game and saying they are going to take their donations elsewhere, I would hope that true bison faithful stick with the school through ice and thin. If we weren't playing SHSU from Texas, we would have had a lot more tickets available, but that is just the way is. I hope everyone enjoys the game, whether from the stadium or watching on tv. Hail the Bison!

thundarsdaddy
12-27-2011, 05:58 PM
I have four nieces and nephews who all attended the University of Wisconsin and are now alumni. One niece is married to a former Badger hockey player, so I asked him about "priority" on tickets for sporting events, hockey, football bowl games, basketball/ncaa tourney...etc, and he said UW has a point system also, he didnt know exactly how it works, but for certain you have to be a current season ticket holder of that particular sport you are seeking post-season tickets for, and you are limited to that amount of tickets. He is a former Badger defenseman, yet he would not have any more priority points for post-season tickets than anyone else, unless he would have current season tickets(which he has).
As you can imagine tickets for post-season hockey arent as hard to get as, lets say, Rose Bowl tickets, if the Badgers are playing in it!
He said for certain, being a current season ticket holder hold a lot of value when it comes to getting Bowl Game tickets, and you are, again, limited to the number of post-season tickets being based on your number of regular season tickets. His opinion is that Wisconsin wants to make sure the fan-base gets good access to tickets, not just money donors, or even former players!

My opinion is, there is no one giant plan for dispersing post-season tickets that will work for everyone, and at some point many folks will end up using stub-hub or whatever!

BTW...thanks to many who have posted here about showing patience, I see the stub-hub prices are coming down, but I am certainly no expert. My wife and I are still w/o tickets, but we are also certainly not pee'ing our pants either!

OKIE
12-28-2011, 02:43 AM
I agree with the use of a priority points system but do feel that some improvements could be made to provide opportunities to people beyond just those who likely have had the ability to donate more money. Here's my situation: My wife and I have spent the last 7 years trying to have a family. Spending a pile of money to adopt two wonderful children hasn't left much for NDSU donations. However, we have purchased 104 season tickets for NDSU football over the course of the last 5 seasons. I feel that it's not quite fair that a person only receives (1) point for being a season ticket holder regardless of the number of tickets purchased; should receive (1) point for every season ticket purchased - especially football. A minimum donation of $100 to Team Makers and a single season ticket is good for (3) points per year - triple what my (28) season tickets gets me per year. I also don't agree that 3x,xxx people have a chance at the post season tickets for a sport which only has 9,xxx season ticket holders. I believe that the season ticket holders should get the first crack at post season tickets; if the 9,xxx don't take the 4,500 allotment then open them up to the remaining points system peoples. Example of the Problem (I know it's not dollar for dollar to the Team Makers): 15 Years of TM membership at $100 per year and 0 season tickets = $1,500 dollars donated and 30 points (about the top 5%) versus 104 season tickets over 5 years = $9,360 spent and 5 points (about bottom 5%). While I'm not bitter that I didn't get selected; I would tend to think that the latter example is more deserving for post season football tickets. Now consider the fact that an ex-athlete receives a minimum 100 starting points. It would take me 100 seasons of football to get above this individual in the priority points; is their effort for the university better than my BS & MS in engineering, the ARMY grant that I did my research under, and the (2) DI-level titles in engineering competitions that I was the team captain of???? How about the thousands of dollars I've spent purchasing reserved parking spaces in the west parking lot - that is basically a straight donation to Team Makers??

56BISON73
12-28-2011, 03:37 AM
I agree with the use of a priority points system but do feel that some improvements could be made to provide opportunities to people beyond just those who likely have had the ability to donate more money. Here's my situation: My wife and I have spent the last 7 years trying to have a family. Spending a pile of money to adopt two wonderful children hasn't left much for NDSU donations. However, we have purchased 104 season tickets for NDSU football over the course of the last 5 seasons. I feel that it's not quite fair that a person only receives (1) point for being a season ticket holder regardless of the number of tickets purchased; should receive (1) point for every season ticket purchased - especially football. A minimum donation of $100 to Team Makers and a single season ticket is good for (3) points per year - triple what my (28) season tickets gets me per year. I also don't agree that 3x,xxx people have a chance at the post season tickets for a sport which only has 9,xxx season ticket holders. I believe that the season ticket holders should get the first crack at post season tickets; if the 9,xxx don't take the 4,500 allotment then open them up to the remaining points system peoples. Example of the Problem (I know it's not dollar for dollar to the Team Makers): 15 Years of TM membership at $100 per year and 0 season tickets = $1,500 dollars donated and 30 points (about the top 5%) versus 104 season tickets over 5 years = $9,360 spent and 5 points (about bottom 5%). While I'm not bitter that I didn't get selected; I would tend to think that the latter example is more deserving for post season football tickets. Now consider the fact that an ex-athlete receives a minimum 100 starting points. It would take me 100 seasons of football to get above this individual in the priority points; is their effort for the university better than my BS & MS in engineering, the ARMY grant that I did my research under, and the (2) DI-level titles in engineering competitions that I was the team captain of???? How about the thousands of dollars I've spent purchasing reserved parking spaces in the west parking lot - that is basically a straight donation to Team Makers??

You buy 25 season tickets a year? So you feel a person should receive points for season tickets that arent really his. From what you describe it soulds like you have a ticket pool. Correct me if Iam wrong. Also nobody gets points for reserved parking.

Season ticket holders do get first crack at the post season tickets based on the priority point system.

unbison
12-28-2011, 04:31 AM
is there really a truly fair way................. all of the options have issues...............i am not in the ones that got tickets ..............that said it is probably the best way...........does anyone wanna make the people
that give a full scholarship feeling the way these crazies do that are obsessed about people reselling tickets.........which is legal............i didnt think so good night all

OKIE
12-28-2011, 04:53 AM
Most of our group travels several hours each week to Fargo and they felt that it would be easier if a single person maintained the group of tickets as a whole. That is why my ticket total has grown to 28 over the years as a result of additional friends wanting to participate with us. Interesting point on someone getting points for that large of a group; haven't thought about it that way. I can see a possible flaw in my concept where an unfair advantage could be given to a high ticket count (thanks!). I was simply thinking about a level of commitment to attendance/participation as opposed to monetary giving.

My comment about reserved tailgating spaces was simply a thought about tailgating cost increasing 500% a few years back. My typical (8) spaces which previously cost $24 per week increased to $120. Did the cost go up? Not that I'm aware; the price is still $3 per space at the gate for non-reserved spaces. Since the actual cost hasn't changed; I would think its a reasonable postulate that this increase would constitute a donation to Team Makers (since they operate the tailgating).

I am not aware that only season ticket holders were given first chance. I understood it that the ticket requests were taken in order of priority points without consideration to whether a person was a season ticket holder or not. If that is incorrect, I stand corrected.

Thanks for your comments; great to get a different perspective.

56BISON73
12-28-2011, 05:35 AM
Most of our group travels several hours each week to Fargo and they felt that it would be easier if a single person maintained the group of tickets as a whole. That is why my ticket total has grown to 28 over the years as a result of additional friends wanting to participate with us. Interesting point on someone getting points for that large of a group; haven't thought about it that way. I can see a possible flaw in my concept where an unfair advantage could be given to a high ticket count (thanks!). I was simply thinking about a level of commitment to attendance/participation as opposed to monetary giving.

My comment about reserved tailgating spaces was simply a thought about tailgating cost increasing 500% a few years back. My typical (8) spaces which previously cost $24 per week increased to $120. Did the cost go up? Not that I'm aware; the price is still $3 per space at the gate for non-reserved spaces. Since the actual cost hasn't changed; I would think its a reasonable postulate that this increase would constitute a donation to Team Makers (since they operate the tailgating).

I am not aware that only season ticket holders were given first chance. I understood it that the ticket requests were taken in order of priority points without consideration to whether a person was a season ticket holder or not. If that is incorrect, I stand corrected.

Thanks for your comments; great to get a different perspective.

I dont think you will find a person who got playoff tickets that wasnt a season ticket holder.

Herd Mentality
12-28-2011, 02:51 PM
I still find this a little disconcerning...

$50 donated to TeamMakers = 1 pt
$50 donated to most NDSU funds/entities (lets pick the Development Foundation) = 0.05 pt

While I'm going to hear arguments about how this is for athletic priority points, I think the ratio here is a little out of whack.

IndyBison
12-28-2011, 03:16 PM

$50 donated to most NDSU funds/entities (lets pick the Development Foundation) = 0.05 pt

While I'm going to hear arguments about how this is for athletic priority points, I think the ratio here is a little out of whack.
As with sales commissions, the plans are developed to drive behavior. This very clearly states TeamMakers wants people to donate money to the athletic department. Since that is their primary mission it seems to make sense.

Herd Mentality
12-28-2011, 03:38 PM
As with sales commissions, the plans are developed to drive behavior. This very clearly states TeamMakers wants people to donate money to the athletic department. Since that is their primary mission it seems to make sense.

You think that ratio makes sense?! Ouch.

herdmember
12-28-2011, 03:42 PM
Priority points are an NDSU thing and not a team maker thing, right? Development foundation is what you need to give to for the BSA, correct? Is it one point for every $100 or 1 point for every $1000? According to the Forum, $1000, but I've seen posts on here that make me believe it may be $100. If it's $1000, that's too bad.

roadwarrior
12-28-2011, 05:19 PM
For donations to the NDSU Development Foundation that are athletic departments projects (such as the SHAC), you get 1 point for every $100. You also get 1 point for every $100 donated to the foundation for athletic scholarship endowments.

heffray
12-28-2011, 05:39 PM
I dont think you will find a person who got playoff tickets that wasnt a season ticket holder.

I live out of town and am NOT a season ticket holder. I got my tix on stubhub about an hour after the GSU game ended.

THEsocalledfan
12-28-2011, 05:46 PM

Herd, I completely agree with your premise on this. While I don't feel Development foundation should be "1 to 1" to Teammakers, this ratio is quite silly. Many choose to give a lot of money to the develpment foundation and are very much part of what makes NDSU great and help fund college for many non-athlete students. They should get a little more "credit" than this......

56BISON73
12-28-2011, 06:02 PM
I live out of town and am NOT a season ticket holder. I got my tix on stubhub about an hour after the GSU game ended.

Follow the thread. Its about getting season tix through NDSU. Trolling early today I see.

CAS4127
12-28-2011, 06:03 PM
I live out of town and am NOT a season ticket holder. I got my tix on stubhub about an hour after the GSU game ended. Also, I rarely read what a thread is actually about, and, even when I do, there is a good chance I won't understand.

FIFY!!

Tranny is gay!!

Bison bison
12-28-2011, 06:07 PM
Herd, I completely agree with your premise on this. While I don't feel Development foundation should be "1 to 1" to Teammakers, this ratio is quite silly. Many choose to give a lot of money to the develpment foundation and are very much part of what makes NDSU great and help fund college for many non-athlete students. They should get a little more "credit" than this......

?

We are talking about the athletic department's priority point system here?

Many people do wonderful things for NDSU every day that doesn't mean their behavior should influence their priority points.

How much is picking up a piece of trash near the Library worth?
Eating all your veggies?
Wiping your butt and washing your hands?

C'mon people.

56BISON73
12-28-2011, 06:19 PM

As you know Teammakers is the fund raising arm for athletics. The people who donate to TM drive the machine so those fans are rewarded. I dont see why donations to other entities should cross over and curry favor.

THEsocalledfan
12-28-2011, 07:25 PM
As you know Teammakers is the fund raising arm for athletics. The people who donate to TM drive the machine so those fans are rewarded. I dont see why donations to other entities should cross over and curry favor.

Once again, never said it should be "1 to 1." Herd 100% correct that 20:1 is not right, either (yes, that is the current system). I tend to think NDSU would not be as great an insitution without all that "other" money, and if you don't think that helps the football team, you are fooling yourself. Having a strong institution leads to better leaders being in place, more acedemic programs, a bigger student body (who very much help fund athletics), etc.

I think some of you have just now thougth this through before you posted. I cannot see the logic otherwise.

CAS4127
12-28-2011, 07:30 PM
Once again, never said it should be "1 to 1." Herd 100% correct that 20:1 is not right, either (yes, that is the current system). I tend to think NDSU would not be as great an insitution without all that "other" money, and if you don't think that helps the football team, you are fooling yourself. Having a strong football team leads to better leaders being in place, more acedemic programs, a bigger student body (who very much help fund athletics), a better institution, etc.

I think some of you have just now thougth this through before you posted. I cannot see the logic otherwise.

There, just helping out a "socalled" fan!!!:biggrin:

Gully
12-28-2011, 09:06 PM
?

We are talking about the athletic department's priority point system here?

Many people do wonderful things for NDSU every day that doesn't mean their behavior should influence their priority points.

How much is picking up a piece of trash near the Library worth?
Eating all your veggies?
Wiping your butt and washing your hands?

C'mon people.

Well then why even give them .05 points? I agree with Herd Mentality on this one. The ratio is out of whack. I understand this is an athletics things and I'm not saying it shouldn't be weighted directionally toward athletics but .05 for non-athletic donation is pretty small IMO.

heffray
12-28-2011, 09:13 PM
Follow the thread. Its about getting season tix through NDSU. Trolling early today I see.

Slow work day. My bad didn't know that's what you guys were talking about. Trolling like fishing on a lake?

56BISON73
12-28-2011, 10:06 PM
Once again, never said it should be "1 to 1." Herd 100% correct that 20:1 is not right, either (yes, that is the current system). I tend to think NDSU would not be as great an insitution without all that "other" money, and if you don't think that helps the football team, you are fooling yourself. Having a strong institution leads to better leaders being in place, more acedemic programs, a bigger student body (who very much help fund athletics), etc.

Schools seem to do better when their athletic teams perform well. Donations, enrollment, better student life etc. Its the specific reason why some schools have re instituted football programs.

56BISON73
12-28-2011, 10:14 PM
Slow work day. My bad didn't know that's what you guys were talking about. Trolling like fishing on a lake?

Nothing new and different is it.:rofl:

THEsocalledfan
12-29-2011, 01:08 PM
Schools seem to do better when their athletic teams perform well. Donations, enrollment, better student life etc. Its the specific reason why some schools have re instituted football programs.

PL, we will just have to agree to disagree on this one. 20:1 is a slap in the face to those who support other parts of the University, and are also true Bison fans.

TransAmBison
12-29-2011, 01:54 PM
PL, we will just have to agree to disagree on this one. 20:1 is a slap in the face to those who support other parts of the University, and are also true Bison fans.Also time for some true Bison fans to consider becoming Teammakers. :D

Bison"FANatic"
12-29-2011, 02:05 PM
PL, we will just have to agree to disagree on this one. 20:1 is a slap in the face to those who support other parts of the University, and are also true Bison fans.

I guess when we send our donation to the college of Business we don't expect to get credit with the Athletic arm of the college. I also wouldn't expect them to put my name on a plaque in the college of Architecture for donating to the college of business. Just my .02

THEsocalledfan
12-29-2011, 04:32 PM
I guess when we send our donation to the college of Business we don't expect to get credit with the Athletic arm of the college. I also wouldn't expect them to put my name on a plaque in the college of Architecture for donating to the college of business. Just my .02

I think there is a vast difference in your analogy, but as already stated, we can just disagree.

TransAmBison
12-29-2011, 04:35 PM
I think there is a vast difference in your analogy, but as already stated, we can just disagree.There really is not a difference in the first part of his post.

THEsocalledfan
12-29-2011, 05:17 PM
There really is not a difference in the first part of his post.

I see your point, and I disagree with the first comment since it goes to the Development Foundation, it should count, now that we all understand the system. (Who really knew this would be such an issue? I certainly did not.) And again, not at an equal rate to teammakers. No one is arguing for that.

TransAmBison
12-29-2011, 05:45 PM
I see your point, and I disagree with the first comment since it goes to the Development Foundation, it should count, now that we all understand the system. (Who really knew this would be such an issue? I certainly did not.) And again, not at an equal rate to teammakers. No one is arguing for that.Agreed....

56BISON73
12-29-2011, 07:46 PM

Exactly!!!!!

Jay
12-30-2011, 01:17 AM
Those with priority points, less than 300 tickets will come available tomorrow morning at 8:00 am at the NDSU ticket office, first come-first serve basis. Those that have 0 points or have already gotten tickets are excluded.

BisonCountry
12-30-2011, 01:21 AM
Those with priority points, less than 300 tickets will come available tomorrow morning at 8:00 am at the NDSU ticket office, first come-first serve basis. Those that have 0 points or have already gotten tickets are excluded.
IN-Forum Link (http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/345554/group/homepage/)

Bison bison
12-30-2011, 01:31 AM
Looks like there's no limit.

I'm going to get in line first (just put jacket on) and buy 300 tickets.

BisonCountry
12-30-2011, 01:32 AM
Looks like there's no limit.

I'm going to get in line first (just put jacket on) and buy 300 tickets.
Too Late!

Sent from my Droid while standing first in line.

56BISON73
12-30-2011, 01:33 AM
Camp out camp out