PDA

View Full Version : Stub hub

bisonnation1
12-26-2011, 03:47 AM
I think were almost past the point of whipping a dead horse here with tickets.

But we should email and try to buy the tickets from the people posting thE seats in ndsus section on stub hub. It is ridiculous! Would be nice to know who the low life's are

X-Factor
12-26-2011, 04:22 AM
A question to ponder is whether any of them are regulars of this board?!

BTW, I planned ahead and bought my tickets long ago so I can sit back and watch all of this action from my recliner. Get them earlier next time!

56BISON73
12-26-2011, 05:07 AM

But we should email and try to buy the tickets from the people posting thE seats in ndsus section on stub hub. It is ridiculous! Would be nice to know who the low life's are

:facepalm::facepalm: Hundreds of thousands of sporting event tickets get sold on the secondary market every year. Nobody said shit until it involved NDSU tickets .:facepalm::facepalm: Now they are low lifes??????:facepalm::facepalm:

bisonnation1
12-26-2011, 05:49 AM
The tickets in the ndsu section that the teammakers who had enough priority to get them is who I am talking about

There are many pEople on this thread who would have loved for even 1 ticket to the game.

Stubhub is an awesome way to sell tickets if you can't make it to the game, but selling out like this is bull crap and a huge slap in the face to all NDSU fans that are unable to obtain a ticket because if people like this!

56BISON73
12-26-2011, 06:04 AM
The tickets in the ndsu section that the teammakers who had enough priority to get them is who I am talking about

There are many pEople on this thread who would have loved for even 1 ticket to the game.

Stubhub is an awesome way to sell tickets if you can't make it to the game, but selling out like this is bull crap and a huge slap in the face to all NDSU fans that are unable to obtain a ticket because if people like this!

You dont know if those tickets came from NDSUs allotment. NDSU hasnt even decided who get what seats yet. Plus there are no seats being sold in sections 101-107.

Bison 4 Life
12-26-2011, 01:31 PM

From what I understand, those tickets went to people who probably donated enough to fund a full or 1/2 scholarship, they probably don't need the couple hundred from a ticket and even if that's the case, it makes a strong argument for getting into the donor pool.

tony
12-26-2011, 01:48 PM
Question for the people who complain about the system: Whose tickets would you take to get your own? Take that guy complaining in the Forum: He wasn't even a member of Team Makers and had been buying 6 tickets for 7 years or something like that. Whose tickets did he want? A 7-year Team Maker who had given $20k to NDSU but only had 2 season tickets? A 25-year Team Maker who had given $500 per year but bought GA tickets that whole time?

That's the whole reason the points system - to make those kind of decisions impartially. Even if that complaining guy went to stubhub and bought 6 @ $300, he would be thousands ahead of a long-time Team Maker. And if everybody was like Complaining Guy, NDSU sure wouldn't be a championship program.

southcliffbison
12-26-2011, 02:09 PM
Tony, logic, this early in morning, gives me a headache, but you are correct sir !

BisonNeil
12-26-2011, 02:14 PM
You dont know if those tickets came from NDSUs allotment. NDSU hasnt even decided who get what seats yet. Plus there are no seats being sold in sections 101-107.

Exactly. Thank you for pointing that out. I tried in another thread to point out that no one yet knows where their seats are but some people either cannot understand or don't want to even try.

HerdBot
12-26-2011, 02:19 PM
Question for the people who complain about the system: Whose tickets would you take to get your own? Take that guy complaining in the Forum: He wasn't even a member of Team Makers and had been buying 6 tickets for 7 years or something like that. Whose tickets did he want? A 7-year Team Maker who had given $20k to NDSU but only had 2 season tickets? A 25-year Team Maker who had given $500 per year but bought GA tickets that whole time?

That's the whole reason the points system - to make those kind of decisions impartially. Even if that complaining guy went to stubhub and bought 6 @ $300, he would be thousands ahead of a long-time Team Maker. And if everybody was like Complaining Guy, NDSU sure wouldn't be a championship program.

Great post tony. couldn't have said it better myself and that's coming from a long time teammaker who didn't get seats

Bison 4 Life
12-26-2011, 02:47 PM

He sounds like one of those types that wouldn't care who didn't get tickets, as long as he did.

IndyBison
12-26-2011, 03:30 PM
NDSU didn't get ALL the seats in sections 101-107 so that alone doesn't indicate they are selling allotted tickets. Some of the additional tickets made available through the allotment were from other sections as well.

People buy season tickets to all kinds of events and try to sell some for a profit to cover the cost of the tickets they are using. Same for major events like Super Bowl, Final Four, Indy 500, World Cup, etc. This is no different other than being a much smaller scale. People listing tickets right now are banking on perceived demand. If actual demand is that high ticket prices will remain high. Hopefully a wise NDSU economics professor is looking to use this exercise in their courses this Spring.

Professor Chaos
12-26-2011, 03:40 PM
The points system is as impartial of a method as there is to do it. However, the point accumulation could be tweaked. I think the number of season tickets you have should factor into your point total. I have a buddy who buys 20+ season tickets for my group (that's paid for personally, not by a business) and he gets just as many priority points for it as someone who only buys 2 season tickets.

ISXBISON
12-26-2011, 04:18 PM

Well said Tony

BisonCardinal
12-26-2011, 04:43 PM

These tickets ARE from the ticket office allotment. It's pretty obvious they are since the person doesn't know the seat assignment yet. Worse yet, this person has the audacity to ask $500/ticket for tickets purchased for $50 from the pool from which we were denied tickets. I'm all for free enterprise, capitalism, etc., and if I want to purchase tickets anywhere else in the stadium, I will do so. But to take the tickets we were denied, despite being team makers, and sell them for that price, makes my skin crawl a bit. Yours should, too.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-NCAA-Division-1-FCS-Football-Championship-Tickets-01-07-12-Frisco-/230720969452?pt=US_Tickets_all_in_one&hash=item35b80a9aec

CaBisonFan
12-26-2011, 04:46 PM

There's something fundamentally wrong with making serious amounts of money off of tickets from the NDSU pool. It sucks.

Free enterprise isn't always ethical. This is not ethical.

Twentysix
12-26-2011, 05:14 PM
I have been trolling stubhub for about a week straight and have never seen a ticket in 101-107. OP is on crack or else post a SS.

Gully
12-26-2011, 05:26 PM
These tickets ARE from the ticket office allotment. It's pretty obvious they are since the person doesn't know the seat assignment yet. Worse yet, this person has the audacity to ask $500/ticket for tickets purchased for $50 from the pool from which we were denied tickets. I'm all for free enterprise, capitalism, etc., and if I want to purchase tickets anywhere else in the stadium, I will do so. But to take the tickets we were denied, despite being team makers, and sell them for that price, makes my skin crawl a bit. Yours should, too.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-NCAA-Division-1-FCS-Football-Championship-Tickets-01-07-12-Frisco-/230720969452?pt=US_Tickets_all_in_one&hash=item35b80a9aec

"from which we were denied"

what else do you feel entitled to?

NorthernBison
12-26-2011, 05:28 PM
The points system is as impartial of a method as there is to do it. However, the point accumulation could be tweaked. I think the number of season tickets you have should factor into your point total. I have a buddy who buys 20+ season tickets for my group (that's paid for personally, not by a business) and he gets just as many priority points for it as someone who only buys 2 season tickets.

I'd like to hear your reasoning behind this.

I would think he is already getting EXTRA points due to the amount of the Teammakers donation he is getting credit for. Points are awarded based on Teammakers dollars donated and YEARS.

If everybody in the group is chipping in for the minimum Teamakers donation, THEY are paying and ONE person is getting the credit. I think that might add up to more points than each person buying their own 2 season tickets. That way, everybody gets a benefit by pooling resources.

Twentysix
12-26-2011, 05:35 PM

I would think he is already getting EXTRA points due to the amount of the Teammakers donation he is getting credit for. Points are awarded based on Teammakers dollars donated and YEARS.

If everybody in the group is chipping in for the minimum Teamakers donation, THEY are paying and ONE person is getting the credit. I think that might add up to more points than each person buying their own 2 season tickets. That way, everybody gets a benefit by pooling resources.

Arent team maker donations tax deductible? If they are that would be pretty stupid. If not you are a genius.

BisonCardinal
12-26-2011, 05:50 PM
"from which we were denied"

what else do you feel entitled to?

I don't feel entitled to anything. That person is selling the very same tickets I tried to purchase, fair and square, like the next team maker, on gobison. My number wasn't as high, yet theirs obviously was, and yet, rather than say, "You know, we don't need this tickets, let's try to sell them and make a few bucks," they are instead trying to quite possibly gouge a fellow team maker. I don't mind paying $100/ticket-double the price any one higher than us on team makers paid-but to ask us to pay 10x the amount for the same ticket-I don't call that entitlement. That's crapping on a fellow Bison fan.
I do, however, feel entitled to that delicious Christmas cookie calling my name, so I shall now go eat said cookie with relish.

Professor Chaos
12-26-2011, 05:52 PM

You don't have to donate to Teammakers to get season tix. But you do get a priority point for every year you've been a season ticket holder. So if 10 of us would get our 2 tickets individually we would each get a point whereas getting 20 in a single group only gets us 1 point total. We don't donate to teammakers as a group but a few of us do individually. I've donated a small fraction of the amount to teammakers that this guy has spent on over 100 season tickets over the last few years and I have more priority points. Just seems a little unfair that donating $300 to Teammakers in 1 year is worth more than 100+ season tickets purchased over a 5 year stretch.

NorthernBison
12-26-2011, 05:53 PM
Arent team maker donations tax deductible? If they are that would be pretty stupid. If not you are a genius.

Deductibility only matters if you itemize. Those people are getting fewer every year.

I don't know how Teammakers and the Ticket office do things when people pool funds to get seats together. I've gotten my same two seats since 1994 and paid my Teammakers fees. I know others who get 6 seats between 3 couples but I only see one of the couples listed in the program. They do it to keep their seats together. Not to gain any advantage.

Gully
12-26-2011, 05:53 PM
Enjoy your cookie :)

While I'm sure someone will sell a ticket for a profit, I've noticed that most of the tickets on stub hub are in the endzone or corners. Not NDSU's allotment.

IndyBison
12-26-2011, 05:55 PM

The likelihood of him selling this ticket at $500 is extremely unlikely. The likelihood of the $200-$300 tickets on Craigslist and StubHub being sold at that price are extremely unlikely. Eventually they will come down to meet actual demand. It's a game many people seem new to be playing and sellers are trying to take advantage of that. There is no way actual demand is high enough for this event that the market price for tickets should be $200-$300 or more. Be patient. Unless someone is willing to eat their tickets the prices will eventually fall to much closer to face value.

bri-dog
12-26-2011, 05:55 PM
I don't feel entitled to anything. That person is selling the very same tickets I tried to purchase, fair and square, like the next team maker, on gobison. My number wasn't as high, yet theirs obviously was, and yet, rather than say, "You know, we don't need this tickets, let's try to sell them and make a few bucks," they are instead trying to quite possibly gouge a fellow team maker. I don't mind paying $100/ticket-double the price any one higher than us on team makers paid-but to ask us to pay 10x the amount for the same ticket-I don't call that entitlement. That's crapping on a fellow Bison fan.
I do, however, feel entitled to that delicious Christmas cookie calling my name, so I shall now go eat said cookie with relish.

Yuck. :biggrin:

BisonCardinal
12-26-2011, 05:57 PM
You are correct. The one I tagged is from ebay; the seller is from MN, and it is two of the tickets. I don't believe I've seen a single one from stub hub which is our allotment. And yes, it is quite tasty... now if it were only five o'clock so I could wash it down with a beer...

BisonCardinal
12-26-2011, 05:58 PM
relish-v-to enjoy with gusto, silly. : ) Although coupled with a beer and brat would be tasty. It IS noon, so it's close enough!

imabison
12-26-2011, 05:58 PM

From the Team Makers homepage on Gobison.com
Important Tax Information About Gifts to Athletics
For federal income tax purposes, a charitable contribution is generally allowed for amounts contributed in excess of the fair market value of any benefits or privileges received. However, certain limitations apply and special rules are applicable to contributions, which entitle the contributor to purchase tickets to athletic events. All contributions to Team Makers are subject to these special rules. Please contact your personal tax advisor concerning the proper treatment of your contributions. If you choose to participate in priority seating, 80% of your donation is tax-deductible. If you prefer not to participate in priority seating, 100% of your gift is tax-deductible.

NorthernBison
12-26-2011, 06:07 PM
You don't have to donate to Teammakers to get season tix. But you do get a priority point for every year you've been a season ticket holder. So if 10 of us would get our 2 tickets individually we would each get a point whereas getting 20 in a single group only gets us 1 point total. We don't donate to teammakers as a group but a few of us do individually. I've donated a small fraction of the amount to teammakers that this guy has spent on over 100 season tickets over the last few years and I have more priority points. Just seems a little unfair that donating $300 to Teammakers in 1 year is worth more than 100+ season tickets purchased over a 5 year stretch.

Doesn't sound like HE has spent that ticket money though. He is coordinating season tickets for a group. The group is getting credit each year for their tickets. HIS POINTS are about equal to what HE ACTUALLY PAID.

The system gives credit for donations and years of purchasing. Seems fair to me.

Now you have the answer to increasing you priority points.
1. Join Teammakers.
2. Donate to the best of your ability.
3. Buy season tickets every year.

Professor Chaos
12-26-2011, 06:27 PM
Doesn't sound like HE has spent that ticket money though. He is coordinating season tickets for a group. The group is getting credit each year for their tickets. HIS POINTS are about equal to what HE ACTUALLY PAID.

The system gives credit for donations and years of purchasing. Seems fair to me.

Now you have the answer to increasing you priority points.
1. Join Teammakers.
2. Donate to the best of your ability.
3. Buy season tickets every year.
That's true, but it works the same way for pooling teammakers donations. Those points all go on one account even though multiple people contributed to it. I put it incorrectly to say that one guy spent all the money. A better way would've been to say that 1 person donating $300 to Teammakets in a single year is worth more than 10 of us collectively who've gotten 2 season tickets each for every year over the last five but have just done it in one group.

To be clear, I'm not threatening to stop my support or demand some kind of compensation from anyone. I just think it could be done a little more fairly in the future if they took into account the number of season tickets purchased.

56BISON73
12-26-2011, 06:31 PM
That's true, but it works the same way for pooling teammakers donations. Those points all go on one account even though multiple people contributed to it. I put it incorrectly to say that one guy spent all the money. A better way would've been to say that 1 person donating $300 to Teammakets in a single year is worth more than 10 of us collectively who've gotten 2 season tickets each for every year over the last five but have just done it in one group.

To be clear, I'm not threatening to stop my support or demand some kind of compensation from anyone. I just think it could be done a little more fairly in the future if they took into account the number of season tickets purchased.

It does if you are seated in priority seating where you have to make a donation per seat to TM. If you have season tixs without TM donation you are correct number of season tixs wouldnt count.

NorthernBison
12-26-2011, 08:28 PM
[/B]

It does if you are seated in priority seating where you have to make a donation per seat to TM. If you have season tixs without TM donation you are correct number of season tixs wouldnt count.

Bingo.

It is weighted toward Teammakers contributions. It should be. That's where the difference in support occurs. Everybody pays the same for the tickets themselves.

Vitojr130
12-27-2011, 06:17 PM

I reported this to the ticket office. There is no way this kind of stuff should have occurred. People should have only been given the amount of tickets they would have used. I have no dog in the fight, as I am not a teammaker. However, there are plenty of people who deserve these 2 tickets at face value through the ticket office. I hope nobody buys from this seller. I feel like people who pull this kind of stuff should lose their priority points or something. The ticket office should put some sort of stipulation to prevent stuff like this from happening.

HerdBot
12-27-2011, 07:35 PM

Why? Its a free market. More power to them. The people with priority points are more deserving fans than you. Nobody forced them to donate tens of thousands that funds our team. besides that's the going rate

Vitojr130
12-27-2011, 07:59 PM
Why? Its a free market. More power to them. The people with priority points are more deserving fans than you. Nobody forced them to donate tens of thousands that funds our team. besides that's the going rate

Well, you certainly are correct that it is indeed a free market. However, NDSU should allocate tickets to people actually willing to go and not people who bought them to scalp them away (the Buy-It-Now feature can be considered scalping), which is completely illegal and immoral. As the saying goes, the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. This is a prime example.

aces1180
12-27-2011, 08:14 PM
Well, you certainly are correct that it is indeed a free market. However, NDSU should allocate tickets to people actually willing to go and not people who bought them to scalp them away (the Buy-It-Now feature can be considered scalping), which is completely illegal and immoral. As the saying goes, the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. This is a prime example.

It's not illegal and its morality is subjective. I personally wouldn't do it, but to each their own.

thundarsdaddy
12-27-2011, 08:18 PM
It's not illegal and its morality is subjective. I personally wouldn't do it, but to each their own.

My personal opinion here doesn't matter, I am not taking sides, but felt you should read this.

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/12904/ncaa-ticket-scalping-now-totally-legit

roadwarrior
12-28-2011, 03:19 AM
207 tickets available starting at $233

NDSUstudent
12-28-2011, 03:26 AM
I think ticket prices will really drop when the NCAA releases standing room tickets.

Thunder_Struck
12-28-2011, 06:05 PM
I think ticket prices will really drop when the NCAA releases standing room tickets.

And if the make 5,000 SRO tickets available you'll see lots of people selling on Saturday morning in Frisco.

CAS4127
12-28-2011, 06:07 PM
And if the make 5,000 SRO tickets available you'll see lots of people selling on Saturday morning in Frisco.

Don't think it is going to be 5K-->more likely 500-1K.

Thunder_Struck
12-28-2011, 07:06 PM
Don't think it is going to be 5K-->more likely 500-1K.

I thought I read somewhere that they issued 5,000 SRO tickets for a soccer game.

CAS4127
12-28-2011, 07:07 PM
I thought I read somewhere that they issued 5,000 SRO tickets for a soccer game.

You may have, but this is not a soccer game.

GOB1SON
12-28-2011, 08:18 PM
I thought I heard 700??? Or was that something else?

Bison03
12-28-2011, 08:19 PM
My feelings on reselling for a huge profit are mixed. Sure, if more Bison fans had an opportunity to buy tickets that would have been ideal. But because of the way the NDSU ticket office issued the tickets, that did not happen. Should there have been a limit? Yes. Did some people purchase more then they needed for the intent to resell? Yes. Should NDSU put their priority points at zero or kick them out of teammakers? No. If I did not have a ticket already and was looking for one and saw what people were asking for them, I would be pissed along with everyone else. But if you could make a couple hundred bucks selling to someone who is willing to buy, wouldn't you? I sold an extra semi final ticket for $40. Should I have been nice to a fellow Bison fan and charged him face value? I suppose so. But the demand was there and he paid extra for it.

IndyBison
12-28-2011, 09:23 PM
My feelings on reselling for a huge profit are mixed. Sure, if more Bison fans had an opportunity to buy tickets that would have been ideal. But because of the way the NDSU ticket office issued the tickets, that did not happen. Should there have been a limit? Yes. Did some people purchase more then they needed for the intent to resell? Yes. Should NDSU put their priority points at zero or kick them out of teammakers? No. If I did not have a ticket already and was looking for one and saw what people were asking for them, I would be pissed along with everyone else. But if you could make a couple hundred bucks selling to someone who is willing to buy, wouldn't you? I sold an extra semi final ticket for $40. Should I have been nice to a fellow Bison fan and charged him face value? I suppose so. But the demand was there and he paid extra for it.
Great point. One thing to keep in mind: the asking price is high. As long as nobody pays it the ticket will remain available and the price will continue to come down.

Hansel
12-28-2011, 09:30 PM
1 ticket currently for sale at $150 on stubhub. They will probably be below $100 next week

imabison
12-28-2011, 10:58 PM
1 ticket currently for sale at $150 on stubhub. They will probably be below $100 next week

Stub Hub ranges as of just now from $ 181 to $ 1300 and there are several that are listing 14 tickets available at various prices.
What sections were the NDSU allotment in??

CAS4127
12-29-2011, 12:02 AM
Stub Hub ranges as of just now from $ 181 to $ 1300 and there are several that are listing 14 tickets available at various prices.
What sections were the NDSU allotment in??

101-107--NDSU has yet to tell us our section or seat assignments so don't jump to conclusions.

Hammerhead
12-29-2011, 01:15 AM
I finally got the tickets I bought through stubhub on the 17th. The return address is in Dallas, TX, but they were shipped from Massachusetts.

IndyBison
12-29-2011, 01:16 AM
101-107--NDSU has yet to tell us our section or seat assignments so don't jump to conclusions.Some of the additional tickets added were in other sections. But I believe they were all on the Bison side and end zone.

Swaghook
12-29-2011, 01:35 AM
down to $141. Betting they drop to under $100 in a day or 2.

56BISON73
12-29-2011, 01:38 AM
Some of the additional tickets added were in other sections. But I believe they were all on the Bison side and end zone.

When I reserved my Tixs they had us on the SHSU side as they didnt know who was the home team at the time. When that was determined they switched us over to the other side but in different seats. I am sure there were many who paid in advance, found they were on the wrong side so adjustments are being made. Plus I am sure some people who bought tickets arent going because their team didnt make it.

Swaghook
12-29-2011, 01:42 AM
We ended up on the wrong corner but not going to complain we at least will be in the stadium.

katstrapper
12-29-2011, 12:47 PM
I bought 4 tickets on the 30 yd line almost 3 weeks ago. Got a call from a Stub Hub agent yesterday saying that the person that had them listed on the site had reniged on the deal. Stub Hub got us 40 yds line seats for the same NDSU sideline side.(yall be nice) We asked if we could tickets on the other side of stadium and he told me that yes he could, but the seats were no where near as good. I think there is going to be a lot of mix of green/gold and orange/white all over the stadium. So I will be there with my dad and a couple friends..

Either way, this will be a fun weekend, but this ticket stuff has been a nightmare.

Civil06
12-29-2011, 02:09 PM
I bought 4 tickets on the 30 yd line almost 3 weeks ago. Got a call from a Stub Hub agent yesterday saying that the person that had them listed on the site had reniged on the deal. Stub Hub got us 40 yds line seats for the same NDSU sideline side.(yall be nice) We asked if we could tickets on the other side of stadium and he told me that yes he could, but the seats were no where near as good. I think there is going to be a lot of mix of green/gold and orange/white all over the stadium. So I will be there with my dad and a couple friends..

Either way, this will be a fun weekend, but this ticket stuff has been a nightmare.

I'm sure you'll have fun on our sideline, with maybe a little good natured ribbing, but I bet you could trade on game day and find some willing takers.

Bison 4 Life
12-29-2011, 02:11 PM
I'm sure you'll have fun on our sideline, with maybe a little good natured ribbing, but I bet you could trade on game day and find some willing takers.

Agreed. Although the few Gopher fans that sat up in our section slipped out pretty quietly very early. The stadium itself looks to have some good sightlines. Not a bad seat in the house by my estimation.

NFLBison
12-29-2011, 02:16 PM
Katstrapper we are on your side, but we have 16 and no one will trade.
I guess its more fun winning a title on opposition side according to them

Let's Go Bison!
12-29-2011, 02:36 PM
Katstrapper, check your PM's...perhaps we can make a trade work.

MNLonghorn10
12-29-2011, 02:39 PM
how does one just back out of the deal on stub hub...i know 3 weeks ago was when i got mine for 60 bucks total on stub hub..but just cause the market inflated big time doesnt mean that person can back out for more money i thought...

OrygunBison
12-29-2011, 06:44 PM
I received my tickets from StubHub in the middle of last week. A few minutes ago, I got a weird call from them asking me if I found any extra tickets in my shipment. I wish I had...

4mcruenomore
12-29-2011, 07:36 PM
I received my tickets from StubHub in the middle of last week. A few minutes ago, I got a weird call from them asking me if I found any extra tickets in my shipment. I wish I had...

That's probably some "west coast" lingo for delivering weed. Doooood, I got my "extra tickets"

Vitojr130
12-29-2011, 07:49 PM
This makes me go "Come on, man"

http://fargo.craigslist.org/tix/2774188593.html

OrygunBison
12-29-2011, 08:08 PM
That's probably some "west coast" lingo for delivering weed. Doooood, I got my "extra tickets" Like I wrote: "I wish I had..."

Hey 4M, what's up with that image in your sig? That guy on the right looks like he's ready for "service". Is that Nikki or Tommy? Can't tell with the makeup. Regardless, it speaks volumes that he's your hero.

Cue weak Starbucks comment in 3...2...1...

Wacker_in_the_Hall
12-29-2011, 09:22 PM
This makes me go "Come on, man"

http://fargo.craigslist.org/tix/2774188593.html

He is a college kid...give him a break...he is just trying to make a buck and pay for school, you dont know his situation.

Vitojr130
12-29-2011, 09:25 PM
He is a college kid...give him a break...he is just trying to make a buck and pay for school, you dont know his situation.

I am a college kid who is reselling my tickets as my car recently broke, but I'm not charging those kinds of prices!

IndyBison
12-29-2011, 09:29 PM
I am a college kid who is reselling my tickets as my car recently broke, but I'm not charging those kinds of prices!
Asking that price and getting that price are two completely different things!

katstrapper
12-30-2011, 12:15 AM
how does one just back out of the deal on stub hub...i know 3 weeks ago was when i got mine for 60 bucks total on stub hub..but just cause the market inflated big time doesnt mean that person can back out for more money i thought...

I dont know , but that is what we were told. Anyway, got our tickets.

CAS4127
12-30-2011, 12:23 AM
I dont know , but that is what we were told. Anyway, got our tickets.

Hey Kat, tell the admin of your board to approve me. WTF, it's been 3 days. Help me out!!

katstrapper
12-30-2011, 12:50 AM
Hey Kat, tell the admin of your board to approve me. WTF, it's been 3 days. Help me out!!

what user name are you using?

Mr. Burgundy
12-30-2011, 12:53 AM
what is the kat board?

bri-dog
12-30-2011, 12:55 AM
what is the kat board?

katfans.com

EDIT: Prepare your eyes, btw...

CAS4127
12-30-2011, 12:59 AM
what user name are you using?

Hello, McFly-->CAS4127!!

wagsabison
12-30-2011, 02:31 AM
Anyone have experience with Stub Hub and know how long it takes to get tickets?

Go_Herd
12-30-2011, 02:43 AM

Ordered mine on December 17th. Got them today December 29th. Shipped out of Texas

Can't help you out more than that....I was worried my tickets would be reneged on due to the prices going up drastically.

IndyBison
12-30-2011, 02:52 AM
It probably depends on who is sending the tickets. Most of the tickets sold through StubHub are being sold by an individual.

wagsabison
12-30-2011, 03:38 AM
I'm looking at buying a couple of tickets b UT waiting on the price to come down. Would like the assurance of having a ticket in hand before I head to Frisco. Plane ticket is already paid.

BisonAccountant44
12-30-2011, 05:07 AM
I'm looking at buying a couple of tickets b UT waiting on the price to come down. Would like the assurance of having a ticket in hand before I head to Frisco. Plane ticket is already paid.

Is instantly printing the tickets not an option for this game? I don't think I've ever bought anything from there where I didn't have that option.

When I've sold on there (or tried to) all you had to do was enter in the number in the barcode, and and if someone bought the you just got paid, and I never had to actually mail anything. If mail is the only option for this game, and wouldn't ticket sales have to stop at somepoint to ensure everyone can receive their tickets?

SamsRams
12-30-2011, 05:14 AM

usually when it is too close to game they will have a place for people to pick up tickets bought on stubhub

Hammerhead
12-30-2011, 02:42 PM
Ordered mine on the 17th.
They called on the 19th or 20th to see if they could be shipped since they didn't have an electronic copy.
FedEx showed the shipping info received on the 22nd, but didn't get shipped until the 27th and were at my front door by 1:00 on the 28th.:

I would give them a call or use their web contact form if you don't have the tickets yet. Your order history should have a link to the FedEx tracking page if they have been shipped.

roadwarrior
12-30-2011, 03:40 PM
A new listing today has two tickets for $1500 each.

Bison"FANatic"
12-30-2011, 03:44 PM
A new listing today has two tickets for $1500 each.

I hope he isn't counting on that money. Talk about pricing yourself out of the market. You can be in the same section and only 7 rows higher for a mere 1050 less per ticket. Some people:facepalm:

1998braves64
12-31-2011, 04:57 AM
I only have bought a couple times on Stub Hub once was for a hockey game at a school that will not be named... and Twins Tickets behind home plate. Both times I got them fairly quickly within a few days. Not sure what the scenario is for a few days before the game.

Just looking at stub hub here is their guarantee: http://www.stubhub.com/guarantee/

roadwarrior
12-31-2011, 06:23 PM
Tickets prices starting at $140 today. The market is working...

WYOBISONMAN
12-31-2011, 08:49 PM
Tickets prices starting at $140 today. The market is working...

People will be selling tickets day of the game outside the stadium.....I would put money on that.....

Bison06
01-01-2012, 12:40 AM
Is anybody still in need of tickets? In a mad rush to be sure we had tickets, we have procured more than is needed and are looking to sell? PM me if you are in need of tickets, we have 4 for sure and possibly a few more.

56BISON73
01-01-2012, 01:16 AM
Is anybody still in need of tickets? In a mad rush to be sure we had tickets, we have procured more than is needed and are looking to sell? PM me if you are in need of tickets, we have 4 for sure and possibly a few more.

Carringtonbison is looking for tix

Putz
01-01-2012, 04:31 AM

If you haven't been contacted yet, check under the Ticket Exchange on the main forum page. There has been a few people looking for tickets there.

SlickVic
01-01-2012, 08:03 AM
Dude I will buy my own tickets right now starting bid 1500 bring it on this is bigger than the fiesta rose or sugar bowl this is the effin championship game put up or shut up. People

UTH
01-01-2012, 08:31 AM
Dude I will buy my own tickets right now starting bid 1500 bring it on this is bigger than the fiesta rose or sugar bowl this is the effin championship game put up or shut up. People

Kansas State takes the field on Friday!
... so who's looking at the Cotton Bowl while in town?:howdy:

southcliffbison
01-01-2012, 01:19 PM
People will be selling tickets day of the game outside the stadium.....I would put money on that.....

Agree 100% here........went to Ohio State/Cornhuskers game in Lincoln this past September; 45 minutes before game time, that $56 halfway up the south endzone seat became $40 miracleously.

Bison"FANatic"
01-01-2012, 01:27 PM
Kansas State takes the field on Friday!
... so who's looking at the Cotton Bowl while in town?:howdy:

My wife and I are. Tickets keep coming down in price so we will have to get some.

Civil06
01-09-2012, 10:23 PM
So did anybody pay more than $250/ticket? If so, IT WAS WORTH EVERY PENNY!