PDA

View Full Version : T'was the Night Before Christmas...

AjaxTheMighty
12-26-2011, 12:33 AM
T’was the night before Christmas
And all through town
All the Bison fans were stirring
For a another DJ touch down
The 8 Championship banners were hung from the rafters with care
In hopes that another soon would be there.
The Sam Houston players were nestled, all snug in their beds
the Bison players are ready to knock some more heads
With I in my jersey and feelin' like a star
had just settled down to watch the GSU replay on DVR
Meanwhile at practice there arose such a quake
As Jenson was working on his play action pump fake
The D line like animals make ready their stance
and MWill ready for his pick 6 touch down dance
when, in front of Coach Bohl's wandering eyes that don't slumber
but a procession of fans of 10,000 in number
And as thundering as Bison his players, they came
And he whistled and shouted and called them by name
On Heagle, on Perry, on Williams and Thorton
Now Boyer, now Turner, Ojuri, McNorton
To the top of the rankings, through the playoffs we run
and James Madison went down, victim number one
Lehigh came in with a offense that was fast
and they too went down just like the last
The Eagles ascended like each one before
They were turned back to Georgia with only seven to score
Now it is time, for the Bearkats await
To Texas to Texas for a January date
Bohl turned to the crowd, the 10,000 and more
and they charged into Frisco and broke down the door
The championship goal to start was the word
For the strength of the herd is the Bison and the strength of the bison the herd

Merry Christmas Bison fans!

NDSUFREAK
12-26-2011, 12:36 AM
LOVE IT!!!! Well done. Go Bison!!

heffray
12-26-2011, 12:56 AM
Very much appreciated, thank you. In the way of constructive criticism, it could use a little work with meter. An entertaining read though.

AjaxTheMighty
12-26-2011, 01:50 AM
Very much appreciated, thank you. In the way of constructive criticism, it could use a little work with meter. An entertaining read though.

The DVR part gave me trouble so I gave up and left it. (Also the MWill part)I cranked it out in about 30 minutes while listening to relatives banter about nothing. Besides I know there are places that didn't jive. I taught language art for several years and poetry was part of our study and one important thing we teach is how important rhythm is. Meter and rhythm go hand in hand, but are not the same thing. My students would ask her how their poems sounded and she really stressed rhythm. I think the rhythm is pretty in tact here.

jimmyptubas
12-26-2011, 04:02 AM
Pretty much the best thing i've read on here all day...that is not a negative to BV..it's christmas so it's slow! Thanks for putting in the effort!

AjaxTheMighty
12-26-2011, 03:19 PM
Pretty much the best thing i've read on here all day...that is not a negative to BV..it's christmas so it's slow! Thanks for putting in the effort!

Thanks!
go Bison!

HerdBot
12-26-2011, 03:30 PM
Nice work.

BlueKeyAlum
12-26-2011, 04:07 PM
The DVR part gave me trouble so I gave up and left it. (Also the MWill part)I cranked it out in about 30 minutes while listening to relatives banter about nothing. Besides I know there are places that didn't jive. I taught language art for several years and poetry was part of our study and one important thing we teach is how important rhythm is. Meter and rhythm go hand in hand, but are not the same thing. My students would ask her how their poems sounded and she really stressed rhythm. I think the rhythm is pretty in tact here.

I think if you rap it, nobody will give a damn about your iambic pentameter......

BisonCardinal
12-26-2011, 04:48 PM
I think if you rap it, nobody will give a damn about your iambic pentameter......

Huh, huh, Beavis, he just iambic pentameter..
FYI-great job. Will be displaying it for my 8th graders as we write poetry when we return from Xmas break. They will love it.