PDA

View Full Version : The day that time stopped in North Dakota

PlainsBison
12-24-2011, 02:24 PM
Just curious, how many are thinking the same way as me. I am still on a high after that big win against Georgia Southern. The electricity in the Fargodome, the play of the Bison, beating a team that was played up to be tough to defend, some of the huge plays, an involved crowd, etc. I am really glad there is three weeks between games so that I can continue to be on that high. If the game was played today, that would be too soon.

Now, to discuss the title of this thread for a second. I am guessing that most of you remember the NDSU - Kansas basketball game in the NCAA tournament, played during a weekday. I was at the game. Great atmosphere, much like the NDSU - Georgia Southern football game. Things I remember, the loud crowd, the green and gold throughout the stands, David vs. Goliath, the close score, the team waving thanks to the fans when exiting, etc. The big surprise - when I came home, I learned that time stood still in North Dakota during that game. Most people quit what they were doing, whether work or school or whatever, and watched the game. It was like a national holiday.

I have to believe that the same will happen come January 7.

The fish could be biting, Scheels could have a 75 percent off of everything in their store, it could be 80 degrees outside in January in North Dakota ... and most of us wouldn't even notice because we would be focused. Time will once again stop for about three hours in the very near future in North Dakota.

Bisonfan1
12-24-2011, 02:32 PM
Agreed, the BB game was huge, my entire staff got paid to watch a basketball game that day. Jan 7th will be huge, I cant even imagine how many people will be glued to the TV that day, Im giving my staff a free pass for the game and buying pizza, man life is good.

IndyBison
12-24-2011, 03:52 PM
Which is bigger for the university and athletic department? NCAA appearance in 2009 or FCS victory in 2012? I think the FCS victory means more and was much harder to obtain but the NCAA appearance brought more notoriety to the university. Both are outstanding though!

CaBisonFan
12-24-2011, 04:53 PM
Just curious, how many are thinking the same way as me. I am still on a high after that big win against Georgia Southern. The electricity in the Fargodome, the play of the Bison, beating a team that was played up to be tough to defend, some of the huge plays, an involved crowd, etc. I am really glad there is three weeks between games so that I can continue to be on that high. If the game was played today, that would be too soon.

Now, to discuss the title of this thread for a second. I am guessing that most of you remember the NDSU - Kansas basketball game in the NCAA tournament, played during a weekday. I was at the game. Great atmosphere, much like the NDSU - Georgia Southern football game. Things I remember, the loud crowd, the green and gold throughout the stands, David vs. Goliath, the close score, the team waving thanks to the fans when exiting, etc. The big surprise - when I came home, I learned that time stood still in North Dakota during that game. Most people quit what they were doing, whether work or school or whatever, and watched the game. It was like a national holiday.

I have to believe that the same will happen come January 7.

The fish could be biting, Scheels could have a 75 percent off of everything in their store, it could be 80 degrees outside in January in North Dakota ... and most of us wouldn't even notice because we would be focused. Time will once again stop for about three hours in the very near future in North Dakota.

Great post. Time stops, and people are mostly united. In this bizarre world of political divisions (and others), we all come together as Bison fans.

It's extremely cool. Thanks for writing this.

jimmyptubas
12-24-2011, 05:12 PM
I have said it before on here but I will say it again: I have never seen the southside bww's as busy as I did on that Friday the bison played Kansas. That includes both Vikings playoff games in 09 as well. I will be there on the seventh and I fully expect the same crowd!

cbline
12-25-2011, 01:34 PM
The FCS Watch Party will be at our house on the 7th. Should have around 15 people here. Can't wait!

A1pigskin
12-25-2011, 01:49 PM
Many of the people I work with went to Hooters to watch the BB game. This town will be busy on Jan. 7th.