PDA

View Full Version : Scalping

Comfortably Numb Bison
12-24-2011, 01:05 AM
Since it is illegal to scalp tickets in the state of ND. Here is a question for all my attorney friends. Couldnt I buy scalped tickets then turn around and SUE the scalper for the differnce in ticket price? Kind of funny my brother-in-law who isnt even a Bison Fan thinks this is a messed up system. However he gave me the idea which sounds like a plan to me. Sounds like a way to teach scalpers a lesson. His words not mine. $921 for tickets given as part of the ticket allotment by NDSU. Is wrong.

Bison 4 Life
12-24-2011, 01:10 AM
Since it is illegal to scalp tickets in the state of ND. Here is a question for all my attorney friends. Couldnt I buy scalped tickets then turn around and SUE the scalper for the differnce in ticket price? Kind of funny my brother-in-law who isnt even a Bison Fan thinks this is a messed up system. However he gave me the idea which sounds like a plan to me. Sounds like a way to teach scalpers a lesson. His words not mine. $921 for tickets given as part of the ticket allotment by NDSU. Is wrong.

I don't believe ticket scalping is illegal in North Dakota. There is definitely no federal ticket scalping law. If you purchased a ticket by your own free will under no duress you would not be eligible for any civil action either. If you agree to purchase anything for a set price, if the item that was agreed to was delivered, the contract has been fulfilled.

tjamz
12-24-2011, 01:18 AM
North Dakota does not have a state law regarding scalping, they do however leave it up to the local municipalities in the event that they want to set up an ordinance.

BadlandsBison
12-24-2011, 01:25 AM
The thread title tricked me again

56BISON73
12-24-2011, 01:37 AM

How long you going to keep this up?

CAS4127
12-24-2011, 01:40 AM

Knock yourself out!!

Bisonguy
12-24-2011, 01:52 AM
Knock yourself out!!

Can't tell if this is literal font or not. :confused:

CAS4127
12-24-2011, 01:55 AM
Can't tell if this is literal font or not. :confused:

What? Do you have only a black and white monitor?!