PDA

View Full Version : Wonder how many are having regrets ?

phxbison
12-23-2011, 03:37 PM
I wonder how many of the players that have left the football team that still had eligability left are having regrets ? It does'nt matter if they left on their own or were asked to leave because of grades or team violations, or for whatever reason. I even think about young men who turned down scholarships with us to play somewhere else. If we go on to win the National Championship, what will they will be thinking. Without thinking to hard, I can think of several who left just this year. Many of them would have probably played a role in the team's success. You just got to wonder !

CaBisonFan
12-23-2011, 03:38 PM
I wonder how many of the players that have left the football team that still had eligability left are having regrets ? It does'nt matter if they left on their own or were asked to leave because of grades or team violations, or for whatever reason. I even think about young men who turned down scholarships with us to play somewhere else. If we go on to win the National Championship, what will they will be thinking. Without thinking to hard, I can think of several who left just this year. Many of them would have probably played a role in the team's success. You just got to wonder !

...many...many...

CAS4127
12-23-2011, 03:43 PM
http://www.indianmotorcyclecommunity.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/buttrock.gif"THOSE WHO STAY WILL BE CHAMPIONS"http://www.indianmotorcyclecommunity.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/buttrock.gif

aces1180
12-23-2011, 03:46 PM

I was thinking about Jose Mohler the other day...Even though he became the starter at Central Washington as the season went on, you have to think he feels regret not being a part of this season. I assume he still stays in contract with his former teammates, so that has to be a bit of salt in the wound.

Wally
12-23-2011, 03:52 PM

Thought about that as well. But, I also think of the " butterfly effect" that those particular players might have had on the team. Just because player x would have stayed or player y would have signed, doesn't mean the success would be the same. Player x may have committed a penalty on jensen to smith fleaflicker vs siu. Or player y drops an int that was caught by John Pike for example.

May be those players help us beat Ysu and claim the #1 seed, but we lose in the semis.

HandoEX
12-23-2011, 04:17 PM
Jose Mohler
Reed Duchscher
Dillon Forbes
Mike Sigers
Brendin Pierre
Wes Hudson
Garrett Johnson
Nick Powell-Calhoun
Tevin Pittman
Tyler Westphal
Sid Haynes
Justin Howard
Kevin Jackson
Josh Horner
Isaac Kolstad
Carlin Landingham
Austin Vetter
Greg Reid
Darius Purcell
Josh-Hazley Freeman
Eddie Beason
Luke Senger
Blake Sczepanski
George Danilkowicz
And that one WR thug from the twin cities that got booted right away, his name slips my mind

Some really good players on that list. Lots of WR depth gone, holy cow! Wonder how many of these guys are regreting their decisions?

phxbison
12-23-2011, 04:19 PM
Is'nt life strange ? I was thinking about the kids like Justin Howard who made big contributions last year. Then there are kids like Michael Allen and Adam Brandt who commited but never showed up. Evan young men like Dillon Forbes who commited to us twice, as well as Wes Hudson. Oh well, as CAS pointed out "Those who stay will be Champions".

Bison"FANatic"
12-23-2011, 04:22 PM
And that one WR thug from the twin cities that got booted right away, his name slips my mind

Bourne Mcfarland

phxbison
12-23-2011, 04:24 PM
Jose Mohler
Reed Duchscher
Dillon Forbes
Mike Sigers
Brendin Pierre
Wes Hudson
Garrett Johnson
Nick Powell-Calhoun
Tevin Pittman
Tyler Westphal
Sid Haynes
Justin Howard
Kevin Jackson
Josh Horner
Isaac Kolstad
Carlin Landingham
Austin Vetter
Greg Reid
Darius Purcell
Josh-Hazley Freeman
Eddie Beason
Luke Senger
Blake Sczepanski
George Danilkowicz

Some really good players on that list. Lots of WR depth gone, holy cow! Wonder how many of these guys are regreting their decisions?

My god ! What a list HandoEx. That's unbelieveabe. I can't beleive how many you came up with. I never even thought about half of these.

IzzyFlexion
12-23-2011, 04:25 PM
Bourne Mcfarland

Hando.......perhaps you're having trouble with ..........Bourne's... Identity?
http://www.dailystab.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Mike-Myers-Austin-Powers.jpg

Kermit
12-23-2011, 04:28 PM
http://www.indianmotorcyclecommunity.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/buttrock.gif"THOSE WHO STAY WILL BE CHAMPIONS"http://www.indianmotorcyclecommunity.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/buttrock.gif

When we list players who have left the program by name, I think it is important to realize that players leave for different reason. For example, Eddie Beeson left the program because of recurrent injuries that rendered him unable to play. He has a lot of Bison pride and I'm sure he would have continued to play if he had the physical capacity. I hate to see a guy like that lumped in with some others who flat out quit or couldn't/wouldn't follow the rules.

HandoEX
12-23-2011, 04:37 PM
When we list players who have left the program by name, I think it is important to realize that players leave for different reason. For example, Eddie Beeson left the program because of recurrent injuries that rendered him unable to play. He has a lot of Bison pride and I'm sure he would have continued to play if he had the physical capacity. I hate to see a guy like that lumped in with some others who flat out quit or couldn't/wouldn't follow the rules.
Great point! Just to be clear, my point in listing them was not to paint an overall view as a bunch of quitters. I think it's neat to see all the names and think about where the program would be if some had stayed. There are a few that could have really had an impact, either positively or negatively.

Beason was a hard nosed stud, wish he was still playing.

Johnson/Bourne MacFarland and the like...gooood riddance!!!

BISONBRI53
12-23-2011, 04:37 PM

#22 SAM I AM is case and point! GREAT SEASON! Stuck with it and look where he helped us get!

phxbison
12-23-2011, 04:49 PM
Are you sure we don't have more scholarships to give ?

GradBison
12-23-2011, 04:56 PM

Some of these losses are from 2 and even 3 years ago, so their scholarships have already been used.

HandoEX
12-23-2011, 04:58 PM
A lot of the guys I listed have already had their scholarship replaced. There are only a handful of guys whose scholarships we could potentially use after this season, and a few of those guys might be coming back.

phxbison
12-23-2011, 05:08 PM
A lot of the guys I listed have already had their scholarship replaced. There are only a handful of guys whose scholarships we could potentially use after this season, and a few of those guys might be coming back.

I was just joking.

BisonNeil
12-23-2011, 05:15 PM
Mike Sigers will be back. He was across the aisle from me at the Geo Southern game and many of the players were pointing to him and with thumbs up as the game wound down. He was just as excited as anyone else in the stadium. I am sure, however, he would rather have been a player than a fan this season. I hope he can come back next year.

HandoEX
12-23-2011, 05:22 PM
Hell yes! Getting Sigers back will be huge, hope you are right!!!

tony
12-23-2011, 05:35 PM
Brendan Pierre did not quit or break any rules. True, he didn't have enough credits or something to remain eligible but it's not like he did what many Big Time programs tell their "student"-athletes to do (i.e. avoid challenging degrees so they don't endanger their eligibility.)

herdmember
12-24-2011, 02:23 AM
Brendan Pierre did not quit or break any rules. True, he didn't have enough credits or something to remain eligible but it's not like he did what many Big Time programs tell their "student"-athletes to do (i.e. avoid challenging degrees so they don't endanger their eligibility.)

Did I miss the name Danelle Miles?

BadlandsBison
12-24-2011, 03:18 AM
Hando.......perhaps you're having trouble with ..........Bourne's... Identity?
http://www.dailystab.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Mike-Myers-Austin-Powers.jpg

Hahaha you're killing me :rofl:

SamsRams
12-24-2011, 03:56 AM
Did I miss the name Danelle Miles?

You read my mind, that was the first name I thought of........although it is Danell

mnriverbison
12-24-2011, 01:43 PM
This thread kind of strikes me as a combo of "ha ha" combined with "hindsight is 20/20" with a little "football is everything in life even for student-athletes" mixed in. Every program has turnover and certainly kids who were offered but sign elsewhere. Isn't it enough to just enjoy the ride for ourselves without getting indignant about our success?

BisoninNWMN
12-24-2011, 02:09 PM
Whatever happened to Johnson (DE) after his Best Buy fiasco?

He was a good FB player...

BisonNeil
12-24-2011, 02:10 PM
Whatever happened to Johnson (DE) after his Best Buy fiasco?

He was a good FB player...

He went to MN-Duluth, where he promptly got in trouble again and suspended, if I recall correctly.

bisonhp330
12-24-2011, 02:18 PM

They knew it when the came and they knew it when they left. The ones the matter are those putting in the time,following through to the end, and are now and reaping the benefits.

ndbj52
12-24-2011, 03:18 PM

I thought he was still on the team and just ineligible to play. I thought he could still practice with the team. He is not listed on gobison but he is in the team photo

semobison
12-24-2011, 03:47 PM
This thread kind of strikes me as a combo of "ha ha" combined with "hindsight is 20/20" with a little "football is everything in life even for student-athletes" mixed in. Every program has turnover and certainly kids who were offered but sign elsewhere. Isn't it enough to just enjoy the ride for ourselves without getting indignant about our success?

I agree, every program in the country has players who move on elsewhere every year! I dont understand The Point of this thread, except to maybe rub the nose of these young people in our success!

phxbison
12-24-2011, 04:31 PM
I agree, every program in the country has players who move on elsewhere every year! I dont understand The Point of this thread, except to maybe rub the nose of these young people in our success!

Fisrt of all let me say that the point of this thread was not to embarass, humiliate or rub anyone's nose in our success. Your assuming that these former players are reading this thread. And even if they are, have I spoke about any of them negativley in any way ? It's like someone saying that "I'd like to be a mouse in the corner" or "be a fly on the wall " or " I wish that I could read his/her mind" when their curious about something. We all make dicisions in life that effect us positivley, negativley or not at all. I wish each any everyone of them the very best that life has to offer.

HerdBot
12-24-2011, 04:40 PM
Jose Mohler *bench
Reed Duchscher *bench
Dillon Forbes
Mike Sigers
Brendin Pierre
Wes Hudson
Garrett Johnson
Nick Powell-Calhoun
Tevin Pittman
Tyler Westphal
Sid Haynes
Justin Howard
Kevin Jackson
Josh Horner
Isaac Kolstad
Carlin Landingham
Austin Vetter
Greg Reid
Darius Purcell
Josh-Hazley Freeman
Eddie Beason
Luke Senger
Blake Sczepanski
George Danilkowicz

the list has a few studs and thugs, but most were average players. Beason was injuries . Sigers and Pierre will be back. Academics. Chalk it up as youth. Then you have thugs with talent. Garret Johnson, McFarland , and Forbes. They allowed us to go out and get many of our current studs.