PDA

View Full Version : I found the perfect site for the FCS title game! Vegas Baby!

bisonpride
12-23-2011, 02:39 PM
This site would be perfect!

http://www.lvbowl.com/stadiuminfo.php

-Seats 35,000. (Which could easily be reached this year even in Dallas.)
-Would be a draw for EVERY teams fan base to make the trip. Provides extra incentive for those on the fence to spend the money and go.
-No matter if your team is in the game or not, you can plan your trip to attend and if your team doesn't get in the title game, no big deal. Its a yearly family trip to Vegas for the title game.
-Stadium is expandable for seating by 5,000+ so if they need to add extra tickets for our large fan base they can.
-No other bowls in town to compete against like the Cotton Bowl.
-Almost guaranteed good weather.
-Easy to coordinate travel to and from the game with lots of airline options.

Its a win-win for the FCS and ALL of its fans.

HandoEX
12-23-2011, 02:42 PM
Only one more year under contract in Frisco. Vegas would be perfect!!!

IndyBison
12-23-2011, 02:46 PM

-Would be a draw for EVERY teams fan base to make the trip. Provides extra incentive for those on the fence to spend the money and go.
-No matter if your team is in the game or not, you can plan your trip to attend and if your team doesn't get in the title game, no big deal. Its a yearly family trip to Vegas for the title game.
-Stadium is expandable for seating by 5,000+ so if they need to add extra tickets for our large fan base they can.

Do you have any idea if the city bid on the game when it Frisco got the award? 12-15k in a 35k seat stadium would look pretty empty. Is the city of Las Vegas looking to allocate resources to put on an event like this when it is possible to only have 12-15k at the game? They would have to block out hotel rooms for the possibility of 35k fans and be on the hook for those rooms if they get less interest in a given year if teams with large followings don't attend.

This does sound like a great option if the game continues to draw good crowds and the city of Las Vegas would be interested. The city would be a good draw for fans.

Gully
12-23-2011, 02:47 PM
I love this idea. Great airlines, hotels, etc. Perfect sized stadium. Make so much sense, I'm sure the NCAA will do it, right?

GOB1SON
12-23-2011, 02:47 PM
That would be awesome.

And cheaper for the fans. Flights, hotels, you have tons of options.

Bisontug
12-23-2011, 02:51 PM
I like it !!!

HerdBot
12-23-2011, 02:53 PM

The Cat House wants naming rights too!

bisonpride
12-23-2011, 02:54 PM
Do you have any idea if the city bid on the game when it Frisco got the award? 12-15k in a 35k seat stadium would look pretty empty. Is the city of Las Vegas looking to allocate resources to put on an event like this when it is possible to only have 12-15k at the game? They would have to block out hotel rooms for the possibility of 35k fans and be on the hook for those rooms if they get less interest in a given year if teams with large followings don't attend.

This does sound like a great option if the game continues to draw good crowds and the city of Las Vegas would be interested. The city would be a good draw for fans.

Name one person that would go to Frisco just to go to Frisco. They also didnt draw because Eastern Washington is a joke of a school and fan base. That has been the problem with the location of this game in the past. Who would take a trip to Chattanooga, TN for the hell of it? Fans of every team in the hunt would book their trip in advance for Vegas.

MNLonghorn10
12-23-2011, 02:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qi13TyUaL80&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PL744233D2204AC692

CAS4127
12-23-2011, 03:01 PM

Most Excellent!!! Forward this suggestion to the NCAA. Alternatively, someone on this forum has to know someone employed by the NCAA, or perhaps can research who the person in charge of the FCS NC game is, and forward it directly to him/her. Oh, and cc the Olanders please!!

TateMosersneighbor
12-23-2011, 03:15 PM

The NCAA will take billions from alcohol advertising and do something like this (which would be awesome), but then they'll suspend a kid for tweeting. It's almost reached a level of dysfunction similar to government.

Hammerhead
12-23-2011, 03:24 PM
Doesn't the NCAA keep March Madness out of Las Vegas because of gambling? Meaningless bowl games are OK, according to the NCAA, but not NCAA tournaments.

Plus, you'd have all those east coast babies whining about not being able to drive to the game.

IndyBison
12-23-2011, 03:39 PM
Doesn't the NCAA keep March Madness out of Las Vegas because of gambling? Meaningless bowl games are OK, according to the NCAA, but not NCAA tournaments.

Plus, you'd have all those east coast babies whining about not being able to drive to the game.
Bowl games aren't NCAA events. They only grant the rights to allow a local group to have a bowl game. The FCS Championship game is an NCAA event so they may chose to not allow the city to have the game there.

The NCAA staff is not large enough to put on an event like this on their own. They have to rely heavily on the local volunteers and sports authorities to put on the events. If they did allow Las Vegas to host this event, they would still need the Las Vegas sports authority to submit a competitive bid to host it. They don't just arbitrarily pick a city and reserve the stadium.

CAS4127
12-23-2011, 03:48 PM
Bowl games aren't NCAA events. They only grant the rights to allow a local group to have a bowl game. The FCS Championship game is an NCAA event so they may chose to not allow the city to have the game there.

The NCAA staff is not large enough to put on an event like this on their own. They have to rely heavily on the local volunteers and sports authorities to put on the events. If they did allow Las Vegas to host this event, they would still need the Las Vegas sports authority to submit a competitive bid to host it. They don't just arbitrarily pick a city and reserve the stadium.

But the NCAA could at least put a "feeler" out to the Vegas sports authorities to see if they are interested in this type of event. Also, based upon the Foolem article today, one can not assume others know something, as in Vegas authorities knowing about bidding for the FCS NC game or the NCAA knowing about this potential venue.

Personally, I think having the game in Vegas would foster interest/polularity in the FCS!!

BISONBRI53
12-23-2011, 03:55 PM
We could all stay with Tour Guide!!

ndsubison1
12-23-2011, 04:00 PM
i vote for the fargo dome

IzzyFlexion
12-23-2011, 04:02 PM

-Gambling
-nudey bars
-hookers.

Ahhhh..... helloooooo.
I could teach SD a few things about nudey bars.

IndyBison
12-23-2011, 04:06 PM
But the NCAA could at least put a "feeler" out to the Vegas sports authorities to see if they are interested in this type of event. Also, based upon the Foolem article today, one can not assume others know something, as in Vegas authorities knowing about bidding for the FCS NC game or the NCAA knowing about this potential venue.

Personally, I think having the game in Vegas would foster interest/polularity in the FCS!!
I'm sure they are in contact all the time with the different sports authorities encouraging as many as possible to bid. If Vegas would be considered for this event I bet their leaders get a personal phone call.

SDbison
12-23-2011, 04:10 PM
Ahhhh..... helloooooo.
I could teach SD a few things about nudey bars.
Lakes, Bisonfan1 and I already called out Las Vegas as the perfect spot long ago.
NCAA is a f-cked up organization and would never go for it.
Hey, if there is something I still need to learn about nudey bars I am more than happy to be taught.

CAS4127
12-23-2011, 04:11 PM
I'm sure they are in contact all the time with the different sports authorities encouraging as many as possible to bid. If Vegas would be considered for this event I bet their leaders get a personal phone call.

May I substitute "assume" for "sure"??!! If so, then I wouldn't be so "sure"!! Just sayin'!

If there is one thing I have learned over the course of my career it is-->Don't assume anything!!!!!

IzzyFlexion
12-23-2011, 04:14 PM
Lakes, Bisonfan1 and I already called out Las Vegas as the perfect spot long ago.
NCAA is a f-cked up organization and would never go for it.
Hey, if there is something I still need to learn about nudey bars I am more than happy to be taught.

I have an INCREDIBLE nudey bar story that happened in Vegas. (at the Olympic Garden by the Stratosphere Hotel)
And I do mean incredible!
Also, a good one from Scores in NYC.

IndyBison
12-23-2011, 05:43 PM
May I substitute "assume" for "sure"??!! If so, then I wouldn't be so "sure"!! Just sayin'!

If there is one thing I have learned over the course of my career it is-->Don't assume anything!!!!!
Since I live in a city with a very aggressive sports authority that bids on all kinds of events (Super Bowls to national cheer competitions) I know that is how the process works. Organizations network with these groups all the time and a city like Vegas would be very much in the loop. If you want to go with assumption it's a very safe assumption.

CAS4127
12-23-2011, 05:46 PM
Since I live in a city with a very aggressive sports authority that bids on all kinds of events (Super Bowls to national cheer competitions) I know that is how the process works. Organizations network with these groups all the time and a city like Vegas would be very much in the loop. If you want to go with assumption it's a very safe assumption.

You're just acting important because the Colts won last night!!!!!:biggrin::hide:

IndyBison
12-23-2011, 06:19 PM
You're just acting important because the Colts won last night!!!!!:biggrin::hide:
I'm a legend in my own mind!

Hammerhead
12-23-2011, 06:21 PM
Do any indoor stadiums have the ability to curtain off the upper decks like some basketball stadiums do for smaller concerts?

WYOBISONMAN
12-23-2011, 07:55 PM
Hell, I can drive to Vegas in 8 hours. I am in.......

NWNDBison
12-23-2011, 08:28 PM
Great Venue!

12-15,000? Not when the Bison are playing. And if the Bison aren't playing, it's not our problem. Who cares if it looks like a decent crowd?
Couldn't look any worse than the Lehigh @ Towson game.
But it will be near sell-out every year, because Vegas is a destination, as has been pointed out. And airline tickets are cheap. And hotel rooms are plentiful, esp 1st week in Jan.

Gotta have a "If you build it they will come attitude."

This year, there was no way I could afford a trip to Frisco, even if the tickets were available.

But Vegas? With the airline prices and connections? Done deal. Even wifey would come along.

IndyBison
12-23-2011, 08:35 PM
Great Venue!

12-15,000? Not when the Bison are playing. And if the Bison aren't playing, it's not our problem. Who cares if it looks like a decent crowd?

Couldn't look any worse than the Lehigh @ Towson game.

I know it's not our problem but it is the NCAA's problem and they do care if it looks like a decent crowd. And it's their event.

SamsRams
12-24-2011, 01:59 AM
I was at the MAACO bowl last night and actually spoke with the chairwoman of the MAACO bowl committee. She did mention they would be putting a bid in for the game the next time it came available. Also spoke with UNLV head coach and formenr Montana head coach and Bobby Hauck and he said he has been texting back and forth with Bohl all season. he also said he will be cheering for NDSU Dec 7th

CAS4127
12-24-2011, 02:07 AM
I was at the MAACO bowl last night and actually spoke with the chairwoman of the MAACO bowl committee. She did mention they would be putting a bid in for the game the next time it came available. Also spoke with UNLV head coach and formenr Montana head coach and Bobby Hauck and he said he has been texting back and forth with Bohl all season. he also said he will be cheering for NDSU Dec 7th

He is too late-->just sayin'!

BadlandsBison
12-24-2011, 02:19 AM

I appoint you Grand Marshal of championship activities.

NDSUBowler
12-24-2011, 03:14 AM
I was at the game as well! Sat close to the Boise band. My dad and mom are ASU alum and we were in Vegas for NDSU bowling so we went to see ASU get killed (although i was happy since i put a bet down on boise).

The stadium has a great tailgating area! Easy in and out access. Frisco will be warmer than Vegas (was windy and delt colder than most nights in Fargo this winter) but we can manage.

With Allegiant flying direct to Vegas from Fargo GF Bismarck Minot Sioux Falls...it makes for a lot of easy and CHEAP flights to Vegas. The hotel situation is obviously a bonus...IP for$20/night for the broke college kids up to luxury at all the good hotels.

In for Vegas.

NDSUFan_Sav
12-24-2011, 02:43 PM
Hell, I can drive to Vegas in 8 hours. I am in.......

So you can go to Vegas so you can hit up the titty bars but not come to Fargo or Frisco....what's up with that? :ranting::fight::duel:

56BISON73
12-24-2011, 03:43 PM
So you can go to Vegas so you can hit up the titty bars but not come to Fargo or Frisco....what's up with that? :ranting::fight::duel:

WYO will be in Frisco. I am in possession of his ducat for the game.

tony
12-27-2011, 08:14 PM
I think Vegas would be pretty sweet but first they have to bid on the game.

There seems to be a misconception that the NCAA picks sites... well, first it's probably some FCS subcomittee that picks the site rather than the full NCAA and, second, the FCS can't award the game to a site that doesn't put in a bid. The bigger crowds get and the more demand for tickets, the more bids will be submitted so, woohoo!

Also two questions:
1. How can the NCAA NOT be making money on the FCS playoffs?
2. Although this playoff is going to produce record attendance numbers, the average attendance is not a record. When the record attendance was reported, was there the same incentive to lowball attendance numbers that there is now?

mnriverbison
12-27-2011, 10:14 PM
I have been hugely critical of the pissing and moaning throughout Bison nation about the current facility's size. The game isn't usually a big draw and it does nothing but undermine the legitimacy of the league to play its championship in a half-empty stadium (which would be the case in almost every year). It isn't the NCAA's fault that our league has such varied sizes of fanbases and blowing off ticket-frustration steam by blaming the NCAA (cause there is always a villain when I don't get my way!) is just-well stupid.

But I can support the Vegas idea 100%. Bad. Ass. Heck, I may even try to get my group's annual Vegas trip to line up with FCSC every year. Bonus if the Herd is involved, but a nice break from sinning for a few hours to watch some football if not.

CaBisonFan
12-27-2011, 11:02 PM
I love this idea. Great airlines, hotels, etc. Perfect sized stadium. Make so much sense, I'm sure the NCAA will do it, right?

Whatever is in the best interest of the team, cheerleaders, band, university, & the fans is what we can be confident will happen.

I'm gonna buy 300 tickets now. Let's see...300 x $350.00 is...

Twentysix
12-28-2011, 01:21 AM
The east would qq for years. Get it done.

NDSUstudent
12-28-2011, 01:49 AM
I think Vegas would be pretty sweet but first they have to bid on the game.

There seems to be a misconception that the NCAA picks sites... well, first it's probably some FCS subcomittee that picks the site rather than the full NCAA and, second, the FCS can't award the game to a site that doesn't put in a bid. The bigger crowds get and the more demand for tickets, the more bids will be submitted so, woohoo!

Also two questions:
1. How can the NCAA NOT be making money on the FCS playoffs?
2. Although this playoff is going to produce record attendance numbers, the average attendance is not a record. When the record attendance was reported, was there the same incentive to lowball attendance numbers that there is now?

I'm sure the NCAA is making money this year, the playoffs have been a perfect storm for $$$$ this year.

westnodak93bison
12-28-2011, 02:00 AM
One problem with Vegas imho. I think it would would be hard to overcome the circus like(not sports serious) atmosphere and obvious distractions.

tjamz
12-28-2011, 02:23 AM
And hotel rooms are plentiful, esp 1st week in Jan.

not really, the international consume electronics show is in town that week and so is the adult entertainment industry for the avn awards and convention. Those are two HUGE events taking place. If the bison weren't in the nc game I'd be in vegas for those two events.

Professor Chaos
12-28-2011, 03:52 AM
Sorry to be Dr. Buzzkill but the NCAA doesn't allow any championship events to take place in Nevada: http://www.usatoday.com/NEWS/usaedition/2011-03-04-1Avegashoops4_CV_U.htm

That's right, they'll sell themselves to the highest bidder, let ticket brokers get fat off scalping their tickets, and continue to destroy the NCAA tournament by adding teams to get more money out of the TV networks but they're the moral police of everything. They decide what's offensive, especially with nicknames or tweets, and they decide that holding a championship event in a state with legalized sports betting is just "immoral". I find it ironic how the NCAA is pretty much a modern day mafia yet trys to claim the moral high ground at the same time.

This stance caused quite a stir in Delaware a few years back when the state was contemplating legalizing sports betting. The NCAA threatened to not allow any universities within the state to host NCAA sanctioned postseason events (like hosting a home game in the FCS playoffs). FWIW, I believe the state passed the bill anyway and the University of Delaware hosted games in the FCS playoffs last year as the #3 seed in the tournament.

CaBisonFan
12-28-2011, 04:00 AM
Sorry to be Dr. Buzzkill but the NCAA doesn't allow any championship events to take place in Nevada: http://www.usatoday.com/NEWS/usaedition/2011-03-04-1Avegashoops4_CV_U.htm

That's right, they'll sell themselves to the highest bidder, let ticket brokers get fat off scalping their tickets, and continue to destroy the NCAA tournament by adding teams to get more money out of the TV networks but they're the moral police of everything. They decide what's offensive, especially with nicknames or tweets, and they decide that holding a championship event in a state with legalized gambling is just "immoral". I find it ironic how the NCAA is pretty much a modern day mafia yet trys to claim the moral high ground at the same time.

Pricely...and the NBA & NFL avoid Vegas for similar reasons. If we pretend it's not there...it's not there.

SDbison
12-28-2011, 03:02 PM

That's right, they'll sell themselves to the highest bidder, let ticket brokers get fat off scalping their tickets, and continue to destroy the NCAA tournament by adding teams to get more money out of the TV networks but they're the moral police of everything. They decide what's offensive, especially with nicknames or tweets, and they decide that holding a championship event in a state with legalized sports betting is just "immoral". I find it ironic how the NCAA is pretty much a modern day mafia yet trys to claim the moral high ground at the same time.

This stance caused quite a stir in Delaware a few years back when the state was contemplating legalizing sports betting. The NCAA threatened to not allow any universities within the state to host NCAA sanctioned postseason events (like hosting a home game in the FCS playoffs). FWIW, I believe the state passed the bill anyway and the University of Delaware hosted games in the FCS playoffs last year as the #3 seed in the tournament. The NCAA is a joke........as I said in another thread most of the top 25 would be on probation if they were investigated for recruiting and other violations. NCAA also claims to be be concerned about the student athlete.......ha ha!

bisonmike2
12-28-2011, 04:44 PM
Is there any 30 to 40K stadiums around New Orleans? That would be pretty kick ass except they are always going to be hosting a BCS bowl so that would probably be hard to do with the FCS championship.

THEsocalledfan
12-28-2011, 05:38 PM

This stance caused quite a stir in Delaware a few years back when the state was contemplating legalizing sports betting. The NCAA threatened to not allow any universities within the state to host NCAA sanctioned postseason events (like hosting a home game in the FCS playoffs). FWIW, I believe the state passed the bill anyway and the University of Delaware hosted games in the FCS playoffs last year as the #3 seed in the tournament.

Best post I have seen in quite some time. Reps to you and have a happy new year!

CaBisonFan
12-28-2011, 06:00 PM
The NCAA is a joke........as I said in another thread most of the top 25 would be on probation if they were investigated for recruiting and other violations. NCAA also claims to be be concerned about the student athlete.......ha ha!

...Bingo SD...

CAS4127
12-28-2011, 06:05 PM
The NCAA is a joke........as I said in another thread most of the top 25 would be on probation if they were investigated for recruiting and other violations. NCAA also claims to be be concerned about the student athlete.......ha ha!

They are also quite concerned about native Americans from what I understand-->NO??!!

SamsRams
12-29-2011, 12:28 AM

They are changing their tune though as the MWC, WCC and WAC tournaments have been huge successes. There are even reports the PAC 12 will look into having their tourney in Vegas. Man is this a fun town to live in in March!!

Hammerhead
12-29-2011, 02:41 PM
The closest I could find is a 26,500 seat stadium with a running track about 4 miles from the French quarter and the Superdome.
http://neworleanscitypark.com/tadstadium.html

Is there any 30 to 40K stadiums around New Orleans? That would be pretty kick ass except they are always going to be hosting a BCS bowl so that would probably be hard to do with the FCS championship.