PDA

View Full Version : The Tickets and The "SOON" TURF(The Fargodome turf)

JustinTyem
12-23-2011, 05:28 AM
For those fans stuck in Fargo, they will....... http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/344988/

jimmyptubas
12-23-2011, 06:07 AM
Craziness. I hope this all gets squared away. I also hope to see pics of the new turf ASAP!

JustinTyem
12-23-2011, 06:50 AM
Craziness. I hope this all gets squared away. I also hope to see pics of the new turf ASAP!Ditto,If they dont open the fargodome doors for the Game,it better be some good turf. Heck keep people in their seats,and put a BIG OL' SCREEN up and charge $5-$10 and make some money off it. Concessions and drinks. For the SuperBowl in GB the BrownCounty Arena do something like that. And they charge $15-$20. But lets get them(TAYLOR AND THE PRES.) to do it. Then a Big Ol' Welcome Home Party if they win(THE BISON WILL WIN),and a smaller one if not!!!!!! Just a way to get some more money to the Uni.

SamsRams
12-23-2011, 07:10 AM
somebody call MSUM and get the Olanders season tickets over there and tell them to stop crying.

JustinTyem
12-23-2011, 07:18 AM
I get it now

NDSUBowler
12-23-2011, 09:38 AM
Maybe the Olanders should have read up on the ticket process a little more.

Quit complaining, work to remedy the situation by finding tickets, and quit making a fuss to the press demanding flight compensation.

Bison 4 Life
12-23-2011, 10:58 AM

Quit complaining, work to remedy the situation by finding tickets, and quit making a fuss to the press demanding flight compensation.

This^ At least the NCAA and PHP were still selling tickets before the game was over on Saturday, plenty of outlets to get them. I keep saying this, once the hysteria dies down tickets will be available again.

BisoninNWMN
12-23-2011, 11:41 AM
somebody call MSUM and get the Olanders season tickets over there and tell them to stop crying.

You bet!!!!

If they didn't know how it works with the priority points then they do not follow Bison FB. Tickets have been available through the NCAA for months.

Their own fault.....period.

Jay
12-23-2011, 11:44 AM
Tickets have been on sale for a long time. Don't wait for NDSU to hold your hand through getting you're tickets. We're fricking adults. And tickets are still available. If you can afford a plane ticket, you can afford $150-$200 game tickets on StubHub or Craigslist.

buffbison
12-23-2011, 11:55 AM
So looking at the Fargodome calender from their website, the open dates are Dec 31st through Jan 12th.

http://www.fargodome.com/events.php

Will they be installing the turf or just modifying the pit which it is rolled into, this January? Then installing the turf at a later date?

Gully
12-23-2011, 11:56 AM
Have they been living in a cave? They clearly didn't read anything about it, including when they were ordering. Also, he probably wouldn't have received tickets anyway, even if people would have been limited to 10 or whatever. Doesn't sound like there were too many with larger orders anyway.

Personally, he just sounds pissed off that other people have more money that he does. Welcome to reality. I don't care who you are, there is always someone out there who will have more money.

IndyBison
12-23-2011, 12:06 PM
I kind of feel sorry for this guy. He unknowingly said publicly that he's an idiot who can't read. "Why didn't someone tell me Christmas was December 25 this year? Last year it was on Saturday."

Bison 4 Life
12-23-2011, 12:15 PM
There is nothing wrong about being disappointed with the situation, there is a whole lot wrong with going to the paper about it. That's just dumb. I got my ticket first, then made the plans around it.

BisBison
12-23-2011, 12:23 PM
Why doesn't this crybaby just pay the $200 or $300 on Stubhub and go? Small part of the total cost when you add in airfare, hotel rooms, eating & drinking. And what am I missing? I knew about the priority system two years ago. They have used before, it just didn't make this much of a difference.

Hammerhead
12-23-2011, 12:30 PM
I remember seeing text in a red font stating that tickets would be based on the priority points system. NDSU basically did what the dude in the paper wanted them to do. Season ticket holders did get first crack at the tickets. It's just that all season ticket holders had to form a single line with the biggest donor going first.

MNLonghorn10
12-23-2011, 12:31 PM
Barry sounds like hes 80 yrs old.

PaBizon
12-23-2011, 12:44 PM
Tickets have been on sale for a long time. Don't wait for NDSU to hold your hand through getting you're tickets. We're fricking adults. And tickets are still available. If you can afford a plane ticket, you can afford $150-$200 game tickets on StubHub or Craigslist.

I already bought mine for the 2013 game, nobody holding my hand. Just cause your adults doesn't make the system right. Now asking for his plane flight money back that was a good one.

Bison 4 Life
12-23-2011, 12:53 PM
“I’ve never seen anything cross my desk or front door about the priority system,” he said. “A good ol’ boy network is a better name for it than a priority system.”

Well Gene better put old Barry into his speed dial. How can you play both the "outsider" and "big timer" at the same time? Did he actually have any idea how this was going to play out?

Gobison88
12-23-2011, 01:16 PM
Have they been living in a cave? They clearly didn't read anything about it, including when they were ordering. Also, he probably wouldn't have received tickets anyway, even if people would have been limited to 10 or whatever. Doesn't sound like there were too many with larger orders anyway.

Personally, he just sounds pissed off that other people have more money that he does. Welcome to reality. I don't care who you are, there is always someone out there who will have more money.

^^^^This^^+++++++++++++++++++++++++

chuckles
12-23-2011, 01:27 PM

THIS x2.

Do people realize how stupid they make themselves out to be when they do something like this? Get with the times... Barry, Cmon Man!

Professor Chaos
12-23-2011, 01:55 PM
If this guy is "just as big of a Bison fan as anyone" he would know that they used priority points already this year to determine who got tickets through NDSU for the Gopher game.

Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya Barry, take your few hundred bucks and watch the Bison from home next year. Seeing the demand for tickets during this entire playoff run I'm sure there's plenty willing to take your place.

Castor Troy
12-23-2011, 02:23 PM
If this guy is "just as big of a Bison fan as anyone" he would know that they used priority points already this year to determine who got tickets through NDSU for the Gopher game.

Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya Barry, take your few hundred bucks and watch the Bison from home next year. Seeing the demand for tickets during this entire playoff run I'm sure there's plenty willing to take your place.

I don't like the fact that he went to the press, but I can understand that he is frustrated. I also don't like losing any Bison fans, period. He vented in a very public fashion, which does open him up to public criticism on this forum as well. He vented and some of you took shots at him. Done and done. Let's move on.

CAS4127
12-23-2011, 02:23 PM
I remember seeing text in a red font stating that tickets would be based on the priority points system. NDSU basically did what the dude in the paper wanted them to do. Season ticket holders did get first crack at the tickets. It's just that all season ticket holders had to form a single line with the biggest donor going first.

It also informed you that you were not actually purchasing tickets, and that you would be notified whether your order was filled.

Thankfully, the misinFormum spelled this out in the article just to make sure NDSU was not put in a bad light!!

What this boils down to is that there are thousands of misinformed fans/people out there on this subject, whether because they don't read or pay attention to the news, or they are just too lazy to try to educate themselves. I can't even count the number of people who have told me their incorrect version of how tickets were disbursed, what the NCAA did or didn't do, etc. It's just mindboggling-->well, maybe not!!

PaBizon
12-23-2011, 02:26 PM
It also informed you that you were not actually purchasing tickets, and that you would be notified whether your order was filled.

Thankfully, the misinFormum spelled this out in the article just to make sure NDSU was not put in a bad light!!

What this boils down to is that there are thousands of misinformed fans/people out there on this subject, whether because they don't read or pay attention to the news, or they are just too lazy to try to educate themselves. I can't even count the number of people who have told me their incorrect version of how tickets were disbursed, what the NCAA did or didn't do, etc. It's just mindboggling-->well, maybe not!!

And really all anyone has to do is read Bisonville to be informed. :)

sfassett
12-23-2011, 02:27 PM
I swear.... if theres an effin pin wheel at the 50 yard line, I'm gonna kill myself....

I'm sure you guys have already talked about this sometime in the past, but what is the likelihood that we're gonna see a bison logo- ANY bison logo at midfield?

CAS4127
12-23-2011, 02:30 PM
I swear.... if theres an effin pin wheel at the 50 yard line, I'm gonna kill myself....

I'm sure you guys have already talked about this sometime in the past, but what is the likelihood that we're gonna see a bison logo- ANY bison logo at midfield?

Read before you post!! The endzones will have each teams' mascot or name in them!!!

bri-dog
12-23-2011, 02:32 PM
Read before you post!! The endzones will have each teams' mascot or name in them!!!

He's talking about the new turf in the Dome...:)

CAS4127
12-23-2011, 02:34 PM
He's talking about the new turf in the Dome...:)

Whooops-->I guess I am just too pissed off about the misinformation being spread about the ticket allotment both by the Foolem and here. My bad!! Sorry sfasset!!

IndyBison
12-23-2011, 02:35 PM
The sad reality is the athletic department was going to make somebody angry. They probably realize that no matter what they did they were going to lose Team Makers and/or season ticket holders next year over it. There was no option that would have made EVERYONE happy. Then they have to decide "do I risk losing the long-time supporter who has donated hundreds of thousands of dollars and supported many different programs and bought 30 tickets for every game or the guy who has bought a couple season tickets and gives a couple hundred dollars each day? What would you do?

I got no tickets through the allotment but I am not a Team Maker and I've never bought season tickets. I'm OK with that. I have found other means to get my tickets.

Thunder_Struck
12-23-2011, 02:39 PM
The sad reality is the athletic department was going to make somebody angry. They probably realize that no matter what they did they were going to lose Team Makers and/or season ticket holders next year over it. There was no option that would have made EVERYONE happy. Then they have to decide "do I risk losing the long-time supporter who has donated hundreds of thousands of dollars and supported many different programs and bought 30 tickets for every game or the guy who has bought a couple season tickets and gives a couple hundred dollars each day? What would you do?

I got no tickets through the allotment but I am not a Team Maker and I've never bought season tickets. I'm OK with that. I have found other means to get my tickets.

Gene Taylor is earning his money this week. Can't be fun to be sitting in his chair this week.

EmbdenBison
12-23-2011, 02:42 PM

To say they knew nothing about the process is mind boggling. It has been headline news for the entire week. Do they live under a rock?

Gully
12-23-2011, 02:44 PM

I agree with most of this post except the thought they're going to lose TMs or season ticket holders over this. I'd be shocked if both numbers aren't higher next year. In fact, I'll guarantee it. Sure, a couple of people might cancel, but there will be 15-20 that will sign up for every one that falls off. I'll think of that as "top-grading" our membership :)

sfassett
12-23-2011, 02:49 PM
Whooops-->I guess I am just too pissed off about the misinformation being spread about the ticket allotment both by the Foolem and here. My bad!! Sorry sfasset!!

Ah, No worries CAS! .....But seriously, do we know anything about the FFD turf yet? I heard its gonna be from astroturf again, but do we know whether its GameDay grass or puregrass or Magic Carpet converstion system or what?

TheBisonator
12-23-2011, 02:53 PM
I'm just thinking, they could have bought Frisco tickets a few weeks ago. and in the event of a Bison playoff loss could unload them to another school's fans on StubHub, and not book their flight until the final whistle blew in the GSU game.

I was stupid in that I did not even realize that tickets were on sale for weeks/months before the GSU game.

TheBisonator
12-23-2011, 02:53 PM
Ah, No worries CAS! .....But seriously, do we know anything about the FFD turf yet? I heard its gonna be from astroturf again, but do we know whether its GameDay grass or puregrass or Magic Carpet converstion system or what?

It's GameDay, the same stuff as the Ed Jones Dome in St. Louis that the Rams play on.

mango
12-23-2011, 02:54 PM
Hell, I'm an SDSU fan and I knew there was to go to be a priority point system

MNLonghorn10
12-23-2011, 02:56 PM
I'm just thinking, they could have bought Frisco tickets a few weeks ago. and in the event of a Bison playoff loss could unload them to another school's fans on StubHub, and not book their flight until the final whistle blew in the GSU game.

bingo. shit i coulda shopped for christmas presents for free had ndsu lost it looks like...win win

CAS4127
12-23-2011, 02:57 PM

Even given all the hunting trips??!! Wow-->impressive!!:biggrin:

IndyBison
12-23-2011, 03:11 PM
I agree with most of this post except the thought they're going to lose TMs or season ticket holders over this. I'd be shocked if both numbers aren't higher next year. In fact, I'll guarantee it. Sure, a couple of people might cancel, but there will be 15-20 that will sign up for every one that falls off. I'll think of that as "top-grading" our membership :)
I agree that will definitely be the case. The net will be a fairly large increase in the number of members, the number of season tickets sold and the dollars donated by existing members. But there will be people who chose not renew because of this and the athletic department made the right choice to keep the bigger donors happier than the smaller donors.

CAS4127
12-23-2011, 03:15 PM
Hey people, read the "fine" print in the ticket "purchase" email confirmation you received (actual size and coloring):

Thank you for submitting your pre-order for FCS Championship Tickets. Order fulfillment and seat location will be determined by priority points.You will be notified via email by 8:00 a.m. Friday, December 23rd on the status of your order and procedure for picking up tickets.
Payment will be processed upon fulfillment of your order. Paymentfor your tickets will be displayed on your credit card statement as payment to JUMPTV.

imabison
12-23-2011, 03:23 PM
Hey people, read the "fine" print in the ticket "purchase" email confirmation you received (actual size and coloring):

.[/SIZE]

Very good point, and gotta give Kudos to the NDSU Athletic Department for stepping up and fullfilling the orders and assignment prior to the time
they said to be able to give people a couple extra days to look for tickets.

Bison Fin
12-23-2011, 03:24 PM
And really all anyone has to do is read Bisonville to be informed. :)
I read BV to get all my information

Swaghook
12-23-2011, 03:25 PM
I already bought mine for the 2013 game, nobody holding my hand. Just cause your adults doesn't make the system right. Now asking for his plane flight money back that was a good one.

I noticed that they would have them for sale during the game. Plan on buying some as well.

Bisonfreak
12-23-2011, 03:54 PM

I actually know Barry and this comes as no surprise....... He's a complete dumbass and loves to whine about everything. I've been thinking of reimbursing him for his flights just so the asshole doesnt come. This couldnt have happen to a bigger jerk. Actually made my day! Thanks for the Christmas present Barry. Maybe you should cry some more to the press because of your inability to read and understand the english language!

IzzyFlexion
12-23-2011, 04:00 PM
I read BV to get all my information
If that's true, then I suggest you put me on "ignore" STAT.

CAS4127
12-23-2011, 04:02 PM
I actually know Barry and this comes as no surprise....... He's a complete dumbass and loves to whine about everything. I've been thinking of reimbursing him for his flights just so the asshole doesnt come. This couldnt have happen to a bigger jerk. Actually made my day! Thanks for the Christmas present Barry. Maybe you should cry some more to the press because of your inability to read and understand the english language!

Do us a favor, please. Print this thread out and slip it in his mailbox for his Christmas reading pleasure . . . wait . . . . you may have to read it to him, but still . . . . . . .

BISONBRI53
12-23-2011, 04:07 PM
To say they knew nothing about the process is mind boggling. It has been headline news for the entire week. Do they live under a rock?

Where is 4M when we need him to tell everyone that they are F*CKin idiots and should jump off a cliff!

CAS4127
12-23-2011, 04:08 PM
Where is 4M when we need him to tell everyone that they are F*CKin idiots and should jump off a cliff!

I think he is related to the Olanders!!!:rofl:

Bison 4 Life
12-23-2011, 04:17 PM
Do us a favor, please. Print this thread out and slip it in his mailbox for his Christmas reading pleasure . . . wait . . . . you may have to read it to him, but still . . . . . . .

I think the funniest thing is he is probably thinking this will garner him sympathy.

CAS4127
12-23-2011, 06:07 PM
Dear Mr. & Mrs. Olander: Just so there is no confusion in the future, teammakers has sent out a message about NDSU returning tickets to the NCAA and about SRO ticket sales, to wit:

Just an FYI on the email sent earlier today concerning tickets for the FCS Championship game. NDSU will NOT be returning any tickets to the NCAA. Check the NCAA website for standing room only tickets on January 3rd.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

56BISON73
12-23-2011, 06:48 PM

It was a no win situation. Even if you used extremely conservative numbers and fans only ordered 2 tickets each that would have allowed only 1,750 orders to be processed. You would still have a huge amount of people who didnt get tickets.

56BISON73
12-23-2011, 06:51 PM

I was stupid in that I did not even realize that tickets were on sale for weeks/months before the GSU game.

You wouldnt even have to buy them. They reserved mine for me at PHP until after the GSU game. Monday I called them and gave them my CC# for payment.

herdmember
12-24-2011, 01:57 AM

Link? Where can I buy 2013 tickets already?

Swaghook
12-24-2011, 02:02 AM
Link? Where can I buy 2013 tickets already?

not sure where to buy them online but I see they will be selling at the game. Plan on buying them when we are there.

calelars24
12-24-2011, 02:15 AM
Did we get yellow turf?

sfassett
12-24-2011, 02:23 AM
Did we get yellow turf?

hahaha no way... At least theres nothing to indicate that we did. but who knows... they put a pin wheel at the 50... the only thing they could do worse is make the turf yellow...

Da Bison
12-24-2011, 03:47 AM

I worked with him 25-30 years ago. He gave me crap for belonging to TeamMakers. Always told me he can get all the tickets he wants without belonging to TeamMakers. Then when it came playoff time he was looking for those tickets. He is a major league douche.

Ross
12-24-2011, 06:32 AM
I've been searching for the last 20 minutes for that photo of the yellow turf with the gigantic FARGODOME and Sanford logo's on it... I cannot find it. Can someone please post it again? It makes me chuckle.

56BISON73
12-24-2011, 04:05 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Bisonfreak View Post

I worked with him 25-30 years ago. He gave me crap for belonging to TeamMakers. Always told me he can get all the tickets he wants without belonging to TeamMakers. Then when it came playoff time he was looking for those tickets. He is a major league douche.

Does this guy actually OWN a business in the FM area?

BisonFan02
12-24-2011, 04:33 PM
I've been searching for the last 20 minutes for that photo of the yellow turf with the gigantic FARGODOME and Sanford logo's on it... I cannot find it. Can someone please post it again? It makes me chuckle.

Found it.

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/9519/bisonfield.jpg

Jay
12-24-2011, 04:47 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Bisonfreak View Post

Does this guy actually OWN a business in the FM area?

A quick Google search reveals he is President of Olander Contracting that makes 2.5-5 million annual revenue per year.
http://www.manta.com/c/mmlgjrq/olander-contracting-co

Bisonguy
12-24-2011, 04:49 PM
Found it.

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/9519/bisonfield.jpg

That's not real, it was a joke.

If it was real they would have "Fargodome" readable from both sides of the field. Wouldn't want half the crowd to forget where they were.

CAS4127
12-24-2011, 05:19 PM
I found this Craigslist add to be hillarious, but then again, I like sarcastic humor probably a little too much:

BISON FCS TICKETS - $1 (FM)
Im a delusional fukktard from Fargo, North Dakota who has no clue about the laws of SUPPLY AND DEMAND. I will get hostile and jealous when I see someone who was clever enough to obtain a hot commodity and is making a profit from it. I want as many tickets to the FCS title game (or any other SOLD OUT EVENT) as I can get and I want them at face value!! Wake up you f*cking HILLBILLIES

Hammerhead
12-27-2011, 04:49 PM
I'm anxious to see what they put at midfield and the end zones. The big NDSU and BISON letters seem kind of plain, even with Snorty next to them. A new paint job (or different colored turf) to highlight the logos will help.

SDSUAlum08
12-27-2011, 05:10 PM

This is what I was thinking too.

90BISON
12-28-2011, 04:18 PM
I found this Craigslist add to be hillarious, but then again, I like sarcastic humor probably a little too much:

To be funny there has to be a bit of truth to it, which there clearly is not in this case........oh, wait, I think I remember reading something.....nevermind...

missingnumber7
12-28-2011, 04:52 PM
I found this Craigslist add to be hillarious, but then again, I like sarcastic humor probably a little too much:That has to be 4M's tickets.

BlueBisonRock
12-28-2011, 05:05 PM
This is what I was thinking too.

So, where are you and Mango on the priority point list?

THEsocalledfan
12-28-2011, 05:42 PM

That was pretty funny, although I do agree some limits should have been on the number of tickets largely to prevent this kind of stuff. I could really make some hay on these general comments relating them to politics, but I would be thrown off the board for breaking the rules and would offend plenty of folks.......

CAS4127
12-28-2011, 06:02 PM
That was pretty funny, although I do agree some limits should have been on the number of tickets largely to prevent this kind of stuff. I could really make some hay on these general comments relating them to politics, but I would be thrown off the board for breaking the rules and would offend plenty of folks.......

Well, don't worry about the latter/bolded concern!!! It's too late for that, "socalled"fan!!:biggrin::hide:

THEsocalledfan
12-28-2011, 07:28 PM
Well, don't worry about the latter/bolded concern!!! It's too late for that, "socalled"fan!!:biggrin::hide:

Point taken. No arguments from me! :)

SDbison
12-28-2011, 09:54 PM
Has anyone asked Gene what will be printed on the new turf? Is the new turf being installed in the next couple weeks or just doing the pit modifications at this time?

Jay
12-28-2011, 09:56 PM
Dom just tweeted the following:

Fargodome announces press conference for tomorrow morning on new turf that will be installed next summmer, Astroturf GameDay Grass 3 H

Bisonguy
12-28-2011, 09:59 PM
Dom just tweeted the following:

Fargodome announces press conference for tomorrow morning on new turf that will be installed next summmer, Astroturf GameDay Grass 3 H

GameDay Grass 3H or 3D???? GameDay Grass 3D has the double nylon Root Zone® that acts as a traction layer, providing fiber support and reducing the compaction associated with other infill products.

SDbison
12-28-2011, 09:59 PM
Dom just tweeted the following: Thanks..........somebody knows we want answers.......

Bisonguy
12-28-2011, 10:03 PM
It was released a couple months ago that it was GameDay Grass 3D. State-of-the-art tufting of AstroTurf® GameDay Grass™ 3D more accurately mimics the look and feel of natural grass.

Jay
12-28-2011, 10:05 PM
Not sure if he made a typo or not. I too heard 3D

Hammersmith
12-28-2011, 10:18 PM
GameDay Grass 3H or 3D???? GameDay Grass 3D has the double nylon Root Zone® that acts as a traction layer, providing fiber support and reducing the compaction associated with other infill products.
I'm sure he meant 3D; I don't think there is a 3H. The three GameDays are 3D, XPe and MT.

I also posted this on the other turf thread in Our House, but does this mean the spring game will be at Dacotah? If the old turf is being removed by next week(the FD said it couldn't host a watch party because the turf pit will be rebuilt around Jan 7), and the new turf won't be installed until summer(per Dom's tweet), then the FD will have no turf during spring ball.

Bisonguy
12-28-2011, 10:30 PM
I'm sure he meant 3D; I don't think there is a 3H. The three GameDays are 3D, XPe and MT.

I also posted this on the other turf thread in Our House, but does this mean the spring game will be at Dacotah? If the old turf is being removed by next week(the FD said it couldn't host a watch party because the turf pit will be rebuilt around Jan 7), and the new turf won't be installed until summer(per Dom's tweet), then the FD will have no turf during spring ball.

Maybe they can throw the old roll in the new pit?

Could Dacotah have enough room in the stands for the Spring Game? Seems like a couple of the scrimmages recently had the stands somewhat full, but the crowd wasn't close to what shows up for the Spring Game.

roadwarrior
12-28-2011, 10:35 PM
I highly doubt they would use Dacotah Field for the spring game. There is only one set of stairs to access the seating, and that is only to the newer section at the west end.

Hammersmith
12-28-2011, 10:42 PM
Maybe they can throw the old roll in the new pit?

Could Dacotah have enough room in the stands for the Spring Game? Seems like a couple of the scrimmages recently had the stands somewhat full, but the crowd wasn't close to what shows up for the Spring Game.
I automatically assumed that the old turf wouldn't be compatible with the new system. That wasn't the brightest thought I've ever had. You know what they say about assuming.

imabison
12-28-2011, 10:45 PM
I automatically assumed that the old turf wouldn't be compatible with the new system. That wasn't the brightest thought I've ever had. You know what they say about assuming.

My guess, and only a guess they can still use the old turf for most of the field, and still have the spring game in the dome. I agree that Sobolik did say they could not host a watch party because of
this construction, guess there would be to much dust in the convention hall part :) :)

I am sure its been worked out.

Hammersmith
12-28-2011, 10:51 PM
My guess, and only a guess they can still use the old turf for most of the field, and still have the spring game in the dome. I agree that Sobolik did say they could not host a watch party because of
this construction, guess there would be to much dust in the convention hall part :) :)

I am sure its been worked out.
Well, if Magic Carpet II works with Astroturf 7(?), then all they will have to do is unhook the turf from the current system, remove the system, enlarge the pit, install the new system, then hook the old turf back up until the new turf has been delivered. From that point, they can roll and unroll the old turf just like normal(it just won't use up all the space on the roll). The new motors will also be overpowered for the weight of the old turf, so it might even roll out/up faster(assuming again that there isn't a speed governor).

No_Skill
12-28-2011, 11:05 PM
I think we should have two turfs.

One standard green version and one yellow version that we roll out on special occasions.

56BISON73
12-28-2011, 11:11 PM

One standard green version and one yellow version that we roll out on special occasions.

I love that idea!!!!!

1bizon1
12-28-2011, 11:55 PM
""Then a Big Ol' Welcome Home Party if they win(THE BISON WILL WIN),and a smaller one if not!!!!!!""

WIN OR LOSE.......a B-I-G welcome home party!!

Hammerhead
12-29-2011, 01:28 AM
The Edward Jones dome in St. Louis uses the Magic Carpet II Conversion System with GameDay Grass™ 3D. I guess that's what the FFD is getting.

Well, if Magic Carpet II works with Astroturf 7(?), then all they will have to do is unhook the turf from the current system, remove the system, enlarge the pit, install the new system, then hook the old turf back up until the new turf has been delivered. From that point, they can roll and unroll the old turf just like normal(it just won't use up all the space on the roll). The new motors will also be overpowered for the weight of the old turf, so it might even roll out/up faster(assuming again that there isn't a speed governor).

bri-dog
12-29-2011, 01:49 AM
The Edward Jones dome in St. Louis uses the Magic Carpet II Conversion System with GameDay Grass™ 3D. I guess that's what the FFD is getting.

Do you need special glasses to watch a game there now?

Hammersmith
12-29-2011, 02:07 AM
Yes, but it sounds like we're not getting the new GameDay rug until summer, while the new MCII system will be installed in late January. In between the two installations, we will either use the old rug(Astroturf 7) with the new system, or go without turf in the FD.

CAS4127
12-29-2011, 02:30 AM
Yes, but it sounds like we're not getting the new GameDay rug until summer, while the new MCII system will be installed in late January. In between the two installations, we will either use the old rug(Astroturf 7) with the new system, or go without turf in the FD.

Heard SHSU's coach is looking for a back up rug about midway through the NC game as he has no hair to pull out!!

Jay
12-29-2011, 02:43 AM
Jeff Kolpack

My guess, a very educated one, is new dome turf will be named by Gate City Bank.

Wally
12-29-2011, 02:49 AM
Jeff Kolpack

My guess, a very educated one, is new dome turf will be named by Gate City Bank.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSxP7ikOvUFLO7Unn4T4V27c495h-fPSPEifmJeLq-uqb4zSkL5
^^^^
So we will go from the awful FFD pinwheel to the equally bad Gate City pinwheel at the 50

Jay
12-29-2011, 03:03 AM
Hopefully it's just something like Gate City Bank Field at The Fargodome.... Big Bison logo at the 50. My guess is that's what happens.

JustinTyem
12-29-2011, 03:07 AM

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSxP7ikOvUFLO7Unn4T4V27c495h-fPSPEifmJeLq-uqb4zSkL5
^^^^
So we will go from the awful FFD pinwheel to the equally bad Gate City pinwheel at the 50That SUCKS,its time for them to put ur money where your mouth is. The FANS AND THE PLAYERS deserve The Best. And Looking good is part of it!!!

Bisonguy
12-29-2011, 03:11 AM
We'll have to wait and see, but Gate City Bank is one of the few local businesses that seems to give a lot back to the community without expecting a lot back in return. I'm sure the name will be on there, but hopefully the Bison are the major focal point of the design.

CAS4127
12-29-2011, 03:16 AM
The tweet said "named BY Gate City Bank, not for or after!! Read it--just sayin'!

Wally
12-29-2011, 03:24 AM
We'll have to wait and see, but Gate City Bank is one of the few local businesses that seems to give a lot back to the community without expecting a lot back in return. I'm sure the name will be on there, but hopefully the Bison are the major focal point of the design.

I hear that. I was being a bit over the top with the gate city logo at midfield. Glad they are a partner with NDSU athletics. Like you said, hopefully the turf will have more NDSU flavor and not so much on the corp logos

SDbison
12-29-2011, 03:35 AM
G A T E C I T Y B A N K at mid-field........instead of F A R G O D O M E. That is my guess. Why honor the Bison. It all about the M O N E Y.

bri-dog
12-29-2011, 03:54 AM
G A T E C I T Y B A N K at mid-field........instead of F A R G O D O M E. That is my guess. Why honor the Bison. It all about the M O N E Y.

You guys just gave me an idea...

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n305/bflaagan/dollarfield.jpg

JustinTyem
12-29-2011, 04:13 AM
You guys just gave me an idea...

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n305/bflaagan/dollarfield.jpgHow about a Benjamin instead of a George?1380

bri-dog
12-29-2011, 04:18 AM
How about a Benjamin instead of a George?

Okay...

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n305/bflaagan/100dollarfield.jpg

gobison#6
12-29-2011, 05:21 AM

Could have sworn I read somewhere last year that teams are no longer allowed to install special colored turf. Teams like Eastern Washington and Boise State are allowed to keep theirs because they of course installed them before the rule change. Not sure on this, but I think thats what I read.

Bison 4 Life
12-29-2011, 12:01 PM
Could have sworn I read somewhere last year that teams are no longer allowed to install special colored turf. Teams like Eastern Washington and Boise State are allowed to keep theirs because they of course installed them before the rule change. Not sure on this, but I think thats what I read.

There has been a lot of talk about it but no such rule exists. UCA's turf is new this year.

Hammerhead
12-29-2011, 12:39 PM
Unless things have changed in the last year or two, they can't put the logo on the field.

Advertising is prohibited on the field ... If a commercial entity has purchased naming rights to the facility, that name is allowed to be painted on the field; however, the commercial logo is not allowed to be in the field of play.

http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/rules/fielddiagrams/football.pdf

THEsocalledfan
12-29-2011, 01:04 PM
Unless things have changed in the last year or two, they can't put the logo on the field.

Advertising is prohibited on the field ... If a commercial entity has purchased naming rights to the facility, that name is allowed to be painted on the field; however, the commercial logo is not allowed to be in the field of play.

A Bison logo is not advertising. Did I miss part of this conversation?

Bison 4 Life
12-29-2011, 01:05 PM
A Bison logo is not advertising. Did I miss part of this conversation?

I think that might have been a reference to the Gate City logos people were thinking.

Wally
12-29-2011, 01:21 PM

That is good. Would have hated to see corp logos all over on the field. Fair amount of corp logos around the arena as it is.
I have a feeling Gate City will have its name at the 25 on the hash and MVFC logo at the other 25 on the hash, probably on both sides of the field.

Hammersmith
12-29-2011, 01:23 PM
Prohibited in the NFL. No such rule in college.

moosbah
12-29-2011, 01:30 PM
Prohibited in the NFL. No such rule in college.

I think we are all in agreement that we wish such a rule existed, but alas I think we will see more and more of the technicolor yawn turf until the NCAA pulls it's head out of its ass.

coloradobison
12-29-2011, 04:53 PM
From Izzo on Twitter http://twitpic.com/80aika