PDA

View Full Version : Standing Room Only Tickets (SRO)

midwestsportstours
12-23-2011, 03:24 AM
I spoke with my guy at Pizza Hut Park this evening (My contact for my block of seats). He told me the schools are negotiating for the release of more SRO tickets with the NCAA. Initially they were thinking of 500 SROs. The stadium has sucessfully issued 5,000+ SROs for other events (Beckham game etc.). He also mentioned there is talk of moving the bands to open up more seats. My hope is that the NCAA will at least announce the # of SROs they plan to release so fans can prepare for the travel. Ill gladly share any updates/insight as it is given to me.

KSBisonFan
12-23-2011, 03:29 AM
Article on NCAA.com:

FCS championship on record pace
Video Subheadline: Tournament will exceed 250,000 attendees, eclipse 1994 mark
Video Headline: Cameron Schuh, NCAA.com
Updated date: Last Updated - December 22, 2011 2:07 GMT
E-mail: Contact | Archive | RSS The NCAA Division I Football Championship is on pace to set a record for fan attendance.

With all 20,086 seat tickets for the FCS Championship Game between No. 1 seed Sam Houston State and No. 2 seed North Dakota State sold or allocated to the participating institutions, the tournament will exceed 250,000 attendees. The previous attendance record was 209,761, set in 1994.

The sellout of the championship game also will make it the largest attended game in the past four years. “Along with the record attendance throughout the national semifinals, we’ve seen incredible competition that is the trademark of FCS football,” NCAA President Mark Emmert said.

FCS CHAMPIONSHIP GAME
Interactive Bracket
• Experience key in title game
• Stats: Sam Houston State | North Dakota State
• Title Game Fan Information
“These teams -- and the fans who root for them -- are sure to enjoy one of the best FCS championship games ever. I share the excitement of every school, student-athlete and fan that has taken part in this tournament, and I personally look forward to being in the stands on January 7.”

To accommodate the demand for championship game tickets, the NCAA and the local organizing committee in Frisco, Texas, are bringing temporary bleacher seating into the stadium. The bleachers will be utilized by each school’s band and cheerleading teams, which allows for the schools to make extra seats available for fans.

Tickets returned by the institutions, along with a limited amount of standing room only tickets, will be sold to the general public starting at 11 a.m. ET Jan. 3 at www.NCAA.com/fcs.

“Frisco’s track record of support for sports and big events led us to believe that eventually, we could sell out the FCS Championship Game,” said Tom Burnett, commissioner of the Southland Conference and one of the host groups for the championship game. “Obviously we are very, very pleased that has happened in the second year of the event.”

The game will be played at 1 p.m. Jan. 7 (ESPN2 and ESPN3) at Pizza Hut Park in Frisco. The ESPN broadcasts of the FCS Championship Game have averaged more than a 1.0 Nielsen rating in six of the past seven years as well. This equates to more than one million viewers nationally.

The championship game attendance record was set in 1995, when 32,106 fans watched Montana defeat Marshall in Huntington, W. Va.

90 BISON
12-23-2011, 04:33 AM
Article on NCAA.com:
Tickets returned by the institutions, along with a limited amount of standing room only tickets, will be sold to the general public starting at 11 a.m. ET Jan. 3 at www.NCAA.com/fcs.

I hope SHSU returns some tickets I know we will not!

CAS4127
12-23-2011, 02:41 PM
Here--from teammakers (amazing how much info one can get/find if you try just a bit):

Following is information on purchasing standing room only tickets for the FCS Championship game in Frisco, TX

Tickets returned by the institutions, along with a limited amount of standing room only tickets, will be sold to the general public starting Jan. 3 at 11 a.m. (ET) on www.NCAA.com/fcs (http://www.ncaa.com/fcs?DB_OEM_ID=2400).
Full release by the NCAA can be found at link below.
http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=205351661&DB_OEM_ID=2400