PDA

View Full Version : SHSU Vs. NDSU NC game prep

KTF
12-23-2011, 02:53 AM
So who is taking the better approach to prepping for the game? SHSU coach sent all the players home until 12/28. Bohl is keeping it lite and having the guys stay here. Any flaws or brillant ideas to these methods?

56BISON73
12-23-2011, 02:55 AM
So who is taking the better approach to prepping for the game? SHSU coach sent all the players home until 12/28. Bohl is keeping it lite and having the guys stay here. Any flaws or brillant ideas to these methods?

I like Bohls approach. Remember it takes 2 days to get back to where you were for evey one day you take off.

fargocyclone
12-23-2011, 04:27 AM
I like Bohls approach. Remember it takes 2 days to get back to where you were for evey one day you take off.

Tell that to the Golden Eagle...

NDSUFan_Sav
12-23-2011, 04:34 AM

the players got to go home today and get back early next week, is that what you meant by lite?

BisonCountry
12-23-2011, 04:40 AM
I'm going to go with Bohl's experience from preping bowl teams when at Nebraska. Keep it lite to keep them focused but fresh.

HerdBot
12-23-2011, 03:04 PM
Bohl. Not even close. Nebraska experience is key.

The idea behind the Sam Houston coach is to award the players. If I played for Sam Houston I would be pissed because while my teamates are sitting on their ass drinking egg nog, the competition is getting better. Why work all year to get this far to lose your mojo .

our players still get to have some time off to get healthy and see family .

One chance. then we are done. Don't leave anything on the table .

KTF
12-23-2011, 03:12 PM
I would agree with Gabe but was curios as to how others felt.

katstrapper
12-23-2011, 04:05 PM
Bohl. Not even close. Nebraska experience is key.

The idea behind the Sam Houston coach is to award the players. If I played for Sam Houston I would be pissed because while my teamates are sitting on their ass drinking egg nog, the competition is getting better. Why work all year to get this far to lose your mojo .

our players still get to have some time off to get healthy and see family .

One chance. then we are done. Don't leave anything on the table .

This team will be ready to play.....I PROMISE!!

CAS4127
12-23-2011, 04:07 PM
This team will be ready to play.....I PROMISE!!

Here we go, SHSU fans starting to sound ALOT like our GSU smack-talking fans. Let's get this rolling after x-mas, K??!!

BlueBisonRock
12-23-2011, 07:53 PM
Here we go, SHSU fans starting to sound ALOT like our GSU/ Lehigh / JMU / UNI smack-talking fans. Let's get this rolling after x-mas, K??!!

Had to fix this one for you.

344Johnson
12-23-2011, 09:43 PM
Tell that to the Golden Eagle...

http://www.virginmedia.com/images/golden-eagle-430.jpg

BadlandsBison
12-23-2011, 09:44 PM
Had to fix this one for you.

Surprisingly tame so far...

MAKBison
12-24-2011, 03:15 AM

Plus it’s easy to get in trouble at home.

4mcruenomore
12-24-2011, 04:32 PM
I'm going to go with Bohl's experience from Nebraska on this one. Our guys will be hungry.

katstrapper
12-25-2011, 02:31 PM
Here we go, SHSU fans starting to sound ALOT like our GSU smack-talking fans. Let's get this rolling after x-mas, K??!!

I am not talking smack. I am meerly stating that SHSU will be ready to play. NDSU has their preparation schedule. SHSU has theirs. It will be settled on the field.

mhyer63
12-25-2011, 04:39 PM
I agree with the SHSU fan, he is not talking smack, all he said was that his team will be ready. So why try to start something with him that is not even there. I have not seen one SHSU fan talking any trash here, but have seen a few Bison fans talking trash on there forum. Lets keep it civil and not ruin it for those who want to use this site for info instead of trashing each other.

Bison 4 Life
12-25-2011, 04:57 PM
I agree with the SHSU fan, he is not talking smack, all he said was that his team will be ready. So why try to start something with him that is not even there. I have not seen one SHSU fan talking any trash here, but have seen a few Bison fans talking trash on there forum. Lets keep it civil and not ruin it for those who want to use this site for info instead of trashing each other.

Correction, you have seen Lakesbison, who is no longer allowed on this board, talk smack on their board. As it stands, this forum is mainly for Bison fans to share opinions with one another. This is not smack, the majority of fans here believe that our coach has a better plan than their coach. That is our right. You appear to be new to this site so you may not be aware of the true purpose, but do no lecture.

BlueKeyAlum
12-25-2011, 06:10 PM
Correction, you have seen Lakesbison, who is no longer allowed on this board, talk smack on their board. As it stands, this forum is mainly for Bison fans to share opinions with one another. This is not smack, the majority of fans here believe that our coach has a better plan than their coach. That is our right. You appear to be new to this site so you may not be aware of the true purpose, but do no lecture.

Wait...didn't you just lecture not to lecture??

Bison 4 Life
12-25-2011, 06:27 PM
Wait...didn't you just lecture not to lecture??

Agreed, we're all just smack talking dicks who are ruining it for everyone. My apologies.

NDSUFREAK
12-25-2011, 08:21 PM

haha oh please, they may not be talking it on here but on AGS they are all talking out of their ass...along with a select few BISON fans on there. After I saw the GSU "smack" before the game I wanted NDSU to really hand it to them...after I saw their sincereity after the game I found out I like them even more now....however, I really really wish we kick the shit out of SHSU because I have never seen a message board polluted so much by bandwagoners that know nothing about FCS football that are now finally following their team online because they are doing well...at least GSU have something to back up their talk with championships in their past.

tjbison
12-25-2011, 09:51 PM
haha oh please, they may not be talking it on here but on AGS they are all talking out of their ass...along with a select few BISON fans on there. After I saw the GSU "smack" before the game I wanted NDSU to really hand it to them...after I saw their sincereity after the game I found out I like them even more now....however, I really really wish we kick the shit out of SHSU because I have never seen a message board polluted so much by bandwagoners that know nothing about FCS football that are now finally following their team online because they are doing well...at least GSU have something to back up their talk with championships in their past.

Agreed, they have 90% of their fans with sign up date of Dec 2011. just spewing crap like Old Faithful

X-Factor
12-26-2011, 04:57 AM
Agreed, they have 90% of their fans with sign up date of Dec 2011. just spewing crap like Old Faithful

While I agree with everything you said, it doesn't take a very long look to see a bunch of bison posters on here or ags with the same stat line. The kicker is that we have one of the biggest fan bases to begin with, and it just got bigger

mhyer63
12-26-2011, 12:51 PM

Maybe you didn't read the original post, I happen to think our coach has a better plan as well. My point, which I made very clear so that even a UND student could understand it, was that the SHSU fan was not talking smack. And for your information, I am only new to posting on this site, but not visiting and reading from it, and I am very aware of what it is intended for, so maybe you should re-read the last line of my original post "Lets keep it civil and not ruin it for those who want to use this site for info instead of trashing each other."

katstrapper
12-30-2011, 12:13 AM
Kats reported yesterday and went straight to work, so we have 10 days to practice and get ready. We had 10 days before Stony Brook game so the coaches have their regular plan in place. Biggest difference now is that there is no distractions on campus since it is closed for fall break right now so they now can totally focus on football.

I dont know that I can wait another week. This is driving me crazy.

bri-dog
12-30-2011, 01:09 AM
Kats reported yesterday and went straight to work, so we have 10 days to practice and get ready. We had 10 days before Stony Brook game so the coaches have their regular plan in place. Biggest difference now is that there is no distractions on campus since it is closed for fall break right now so they now can totally focus on football.

Y'all have weird seasons there in Texas.:duel:

BisonNeil
12-30-2011, 01:10 AM

If you think your team will have meaningful practices that help them win the game from next Wednesday to game time, your seriously kidding yourself. They have one week to get the game plan in, period. Good luck. You are going to need it.

CAS4127
12-30-2011, 01:15 AM
If you think your team will have meaningful practices that help them win the game from next Wednesday to game time, your seriously kidding yourself. They have one week to get the game plan in, period. Good luck. Your are going to need it.

Game on-->BNeil talkin' smack. Cover the eyes of women and children!!

BisonNeil
12-30-2011, 03:08 AM
Game on-->BNeil talkin' smack. Cover the eyes of women and children!!

Hey, they deserve this, even from me.

After all, even their Assoc HC/WR coach Jeff Conway took the holidays off and came up north to MN. If he took the time off, then the whole staff did. To me, in my small way of thinking, this team, the coaches, and the fans are simply not taking the Bison serious. And that my friend, just plain pisses me off. Why else would you give your team 9 days off unless you think the deal is sealed? Well, HELLO, it is not.

On second thought, this could be bad. I sat in the first row of Dakotah field and threw kitty litter on UC-Davis in the playoffs after the FIRST Kitty Litter Bowl, and nearly got evicted. I was pissed then, more pissed now. So, you are right, do everything you can to protect the women and children.

BisonNeil
12-30-2011, 03:32 AM
After further reflection, I have been more pissed than I am now.

When NDSU played Portland State for the national championship Pokey Allen, HC of PSU, was asked to compare his team to NDSU. He said he could not, it was like comparing a "horse and buggy to a corvette". Perhaps Road can expand on that.

Anyway, the night before the game, by special delivery, I sent Pokey Allen a cheap football and a very, very large of Preparation H with the note that the ointment would sooth his lace burn. We kicked their ass and ran it up their arse.

Not my proudest moment in my life, but I was pissed, like I am now. Teams should respect the Bison. I take liberty with my father's saying when I say, "F#&k with the Bison, and you get the horns".

Nuff said.

CAS4127
12-30-2011, 03:51 AM
PSU was my senior/captain year. They were cocky and confident, but so were we. Pokey didn't even acknowledge Mike Favor and I at the press conference a couple days before the game. Mike and I were pissed, but Rocky insisted that we go shake his hand afterwards-->might have been the hardest handshake I have ever given, as in f*ck u!

God I want us to win this game and get the tradition of dominance started again.

HerdBot
12-30-2011, 06:21 AM
Vince Lombardi said "Perfect practice makes perfect."
Allen Iverson said "practice ? Talkin bout practice ?"
Nuff said

katstrapper
12-30-2011, 12:56 PM
Hey, they deserve this, even from me.

After all, even their Assoc HC/WR coach Jeff Conway took the holidays off and came up north to MN. If he took the time off, then the whole staff did. To me, in my small way of thinking, this team, the coaches, and the fans are simply not taking the Bison serious. And that my friend, just plain pisses me off. Why else would you give your team 9 days off unless you think the deal is sealed? Well, HELLO, it is not.

On second thought, this could be bad. I sat in the first row of Dakotah field and threw kitty litter on UC-Davis in the playoffs after the FIRST Kitty Litter Bowl, and nearly got evicted. I was pissed then, more pissed now. So, you are right, do everything you can to protect the women and children.

Man, if you think SHSU is taking NDSU lightly then you are crazy. SHSU hasnt taken anyone lightly all year. The coaching staff felt comfortable enough with our team that they wanted to give them a few days off to re-energize. I dont think that has anything to do with "disrespecting" NDSU. I think you can wad that thought up and throw it in the garbage. SHSU coaches worked right up until the holidays and then some days off. Then everyone reported back on 28th.

And you are going to sit there and tell me that the NDSU coaching staff and team didnt take any time for holidays? That they spend their ENTIRE holidays practicing and working on everything? ok....
This Kat team will be ready.

PlainsBison
12-30-2011, 04:26 PM
I am not very impressed with the talk by our opponents on other message boards. You can brag all you want, be disrespectful, whatever. However, when it comes down to it, the game will be played on the field on January 7. Both teams are good to have gotten this far. It should be a great game.

THEsocalledfan
12-30-2011, 08:56 PM
The way I see it, this is the redemption game for Eastern Washington last year. This Sam Houstan team reminds me a ton of that team.

kab1one
12-31-2011, 12:13 AM
Man, if you think SHSU is taking NDSU lightly then you are crazy. SHSU hasnt taken anyone lightly all year. The coaching staff felt comfortable enough with our team that they wanted to give them a few days off to re-energize. I dont think that has anything to do with "disrespecting" NDSU. I think you can wad that thought up and throw it in the garbage. SHSU coaches worked right up until the holidays and then some days off. Then everyone reported back on 28th.

And you are going to sit there and tell me that the NDSU coaching staff and team didnt take any time for holidays? That they spend their ENTIRE holidays practicing and working on everything? ok....
This Kat team will be ready.

I think everyone reads to much into what the "experts say" and how everyone thinks its going to be a close game. I take a different view much like the I did with the GSU game. I felt the Bison were going to Thump GSU. Why? Size difference. I will throw the same thing out for this game. The Bison will flat out spank Sam Houston. I am not being disrespectful or a smart ass. The fact of the matter just like Montana the Bison are 40 pounds bigger than the Kats. There is not a speed difference. The Bison fixed that problem from 3 years ago. The Bison will play physical football and will just pound down the Kats. Its exactly what Montana did in the semi's, the fact they dug a 21 point hole is their own fault. It really isn't rocket science. SHSU brings nothing out of the ordinary. The Bison have proven the fact they can beat a Big 10 team, they beat a good MVFC group of teams and they have beaten good teams in the playoffs, including based on the experts the most explosive offense even in GSU. With that being said, SHSU has nothing the bison haven't seen nor beaten. They will be prepared and ready. And again, come the fourth quarter, expect to see a long drive, 70,80,90 yards of all rushing in which the Bison and NDSU can say, we have arrived as champions of FCS football. Bison, 31 SHSU 10.

SafeTeeJ
12-31-2011, 04:59 AM
PSU was my senior/captain year. They were cocky and confident, but so were we. Pokey didn't even acknowledge Mike Favor and I at the press conference a couple days before the game. Mike and I were pissed, but Rocky insisted that we go shake his hand afterwards-->might have been the hardest handshake I have ever given, as in f*ck u!

God I want us to win this game and get the tradition of dominance started again.

POkey's Corvette was crushed In the 4 play goal line stance in that game! legendary...become it!

bisonmike2
12-31-2011, 02:04 PM
The way I see it, this is the redemption game for Eastern Washington last year. This Sam Houstan team reminds me a ton of that team.

Their RB reminds me of EWU but I think SHSU has a better passing game. I also think their D is better too. And SHSU fans haven't been as big of dicks.

THEsocalledfan
12-31-2011, 02:19 PM
Their RB reminds me of EWU but I think SHSU has a better passing game. I also think their D is better too. And SHSU fans haven't been as big of dicks.

I seem to remember the EWU passing attack tearing up the NDSU d at the end of the game...

gizmo
01-02-2012, 05:23 AM
I think everyone reads to much into what the "experts say" and how everyone thinks its going to be a close game. I take a different view much like the I did with the GSU game. I felt the Bison were going to Thump GSU. Why? Size difference. I will throw the same thing out for this game. The Bison will flat out spank Sam Houston. I am not being disrespectful or a smart ass. The fact of the matter just like Montana the Bison are 40 pounds bigger than the Kats. There is not a speed difference. The Bison fixed that problem from 3 years ago. The Bison will play physical football and will just pound down the Kats. Its exactly what Montana did in the semi's, the fact they dug a 21 point hole is their own fault. It really isn't rocket science. SHSU brings nothing out of the ordinary. The Bison have proven the fact they can beat a Big 10 team, they beat a good MVFC group of teams and they have beaten good teams in the playoffs, including based on the experts the most explosive offense even in GSU. With that being said, SHSU has nothing the bison haven't seen nor beaten. They will be prepared and ready. And again, come the fourth quarter, expect to see a long drive, 70,80,90 yards of all rushing in which the Bison and NDSU can say, we have arrived as champions of FCS football. Bison, 31 SHSU 10.

I basically agree.

Speed: SHSU figures they are MUCH faster than NDSU. Southern teams usually make the mistake of thinking the Bison are big and slow. It's doubtful if SHSU has played any team with NDSU's team speed this year but still SHSU still should have an advantage but not as big as they think.

Offense: SHSU has an excellent O-line which often gives their rb's clear lanes to run into the secondary. Their backs are speedy and shifty and clearly a threat to score from anywhere if given the opportunity. In the second half, Montana showed that SHSU's one dimensional offense could be rendered ineffective so NDSU should have learned a lot from that. Meanwhile, NDSU's offense has been rolling along strongly and dominating playoff opponents with a balanced approach. NDSU's running game is effective at controlling the ball, scoring in the red zone and it wears opponents down. The NDSU o-line will dominate, especially in the 2nd half. Add in Jensen and a group of fine receivers and NDSU has a clear advantage on offense.

Defense: NDSU will be more disciplined on defense than Montana and not give up nearly as many big rushing plays. It's doubtful that SHSU's o-line can consistently open gaping holes up the middle against NDSU. Flanders is a great back when he has a big hole to run through....aren't they all? He also got hurt by the Root hit in the 3rd quarter of the Montana game and he wasn't the same after that. He and the other ball carriers can expect to get hit like that repeatedly vs. NDSU as the Bison D punishes opposing runners. In the end, it will be smash-mouth football and nobody is better at that than NDSU. SHSU relies on an aggressive, gambling defense. They create turnovers by taking chances expecting that their team speed will make up for being out of position. So far, it's worked well for them. Meanwhile, NDSU makes a living out of exploiting the other team's mistakes. The Bison take care of the ball and it's very unlikely that SHSU can win the turnover battle. Major advantage for NDSU.

Special teams: NDSU has had a decided edge over the competition in special teams play all year. SHSU has used a good return game to give their offense a short field to work with. NDSU has a great FG kicker. This is probably a toss-up.

Penalties: This is hard to predict as both teams appear to be penalty prone. SHSU's more one-dimensional offense appears to be less able to overcome offensive penalties than NDSU's balanced attack. The impact of penalties all depends on when and where they occur on the field. Tossup.

Injuries, depth: Both teams appear to be healthy a this time. Both teams substitute a lot during the game indicating that they have strong benches. The Bison have not really played at full strength all year until now so I'll give them a slight edge.

So, yeah, I expect a close, competitive game until halftime but it's unlikely that SHSU has the total balance or strength to win the game. NDSU 34 SHSU 14

bisonmike2
01-02-2012, 01:42 PM
I seem to remember the EWU passing attack tearing up the NDSU d at the end of the game...

Only because we went into our "prevent-from winning" defense. Our D is also playing better this year too. I like they way we match up even though I think SHSU is a superior team than EWU was last year.

semobison
01-02-2012, 02:04 PM
I basically agree.

Speed: SHSU figures they are MUCH faster than NDSU. Southern teams usually make the mistake of thinking the Bison are big and slow. It's doubtful if SHSU has played any team with NDSU's team speed this year but still SHSU still should have an advantage but not as big as they think.

Offense: SHSU has an excellent O-line which often gives their rb's clear lanes to run into the secondary. Their backs are speedy and shifty and clearly a threat to score from anywhere if given the opportunity. In the second half, Montana showed that SHSU's one dimensional offense could be rendered ineffective so NDSU should have learned a lot from that. Meanwhile, NDSU's offense has been rolling along strongly and dominating playoff opponents with a balanced approach. NDSU's running game is effective at controlling the ball, scoring in the red zone and it wears opponents down. The NDSU o-line will dominate, especially in the 2nd half. Add in Jensen and a group of fine receivers and NDSU has a clear advantage on offense.

Defense: NDSU will be more disciplined on defense than Montana and not give up nearly as many big rushing plays. It's doubtful that SHSU's o-line can consistently open gaping holes up the middle against NDSU. Flanders is a great back when he has a big hole to run through....aren't they all? He also got hurt by the Root hit in the 3rd quarter of the Montana game and he wasn't the same after that. He and the other ball carriers can expect to get hit like that repeatedly vs. NDSU as the Bison D punishes opposing runners. In the end, it will be smash-mouth football and nobody is better at that than NDSU. SHSU relies on an aggressive, gambling defense. They create turnovers by taking chances expecting that their team speed will make up for being out of position. So far, it's worked well for them. Meanwhile, NDSU makes a living out of exploiting the other team's mistakes. The Bison take care of the ball and it's very unlikely that SHSU can win the turnover battle. Major advantage for NDSU.

Special teams: NDSU has had a decided edge over the competition in special teams play all year. SHSU has used a good return game to give their offense a short field to work with. NDSU has a great FG kicker. This is probably a toss-up.

Penalties: This is hard to predict as both teams appear to be penalty prone. SHSU's more one-dimensional offense appears to be less able to overcome offensive penalties than NDSU's balanced attack. The impact of penalties all depends on when and where they occur on the field. Tossup.

Injuries, depth: Both teams appear to be healthy a this time. Both teams substitute a lot during the game indicating that they have strong benches. The Bison have not really played at full strength all year until now so I'll give them a slight edge.

So, yeah, I expect a close, competitive game until halftime but it's unlikely that SHSU has the total balance or strength to win the game. NDSU 34 SHSU 14

Montana punted with 6 minutes to play down by 3. Flanders had 8 carries for 60 yards in the final drive and SHSU ran out the clock! Montana was outplaying the Bearkats the 2nd half but the final drive was all Flanders and SHSU! He may have taken a big hit by Root in the 3rd qtr but he did own the last 6 minutes!....This will be the best team we have faced this year! They are explosive on offense, do a great job at stopping the run and their 14-0 record is proof of that! I would love to see us blow them out but IMO it is going to take 4 quarters of very good football to bring home the title! I like our chances in a close hard fought game!

HandoEX
01-02-2012, 02:38 PM
Montana punted with 6 minutes to play down by 3. Flanders had 8 carries for 60 yards in the final drive and SHSU ran out the clock! Montana was outplaying the Bearkats the 2nd half but the final drive was all Flanders and SHSU! He may have taken a big hit by Root in the 3rd qtr but he did own the last 6 minutes!....This will be the best team we have faced this year! They are explosive on offense, do a great job at stopping the run and their 14-0 record is proof of that! I would love to see us blow them out but IMO it is going to take 4 quarters of very good football to bring home the title! I like our chances in a close hard fought game!
Your affinity for exclamation points is ammusing.

semobison
01-02-2012, 07:09 PM
Your affinity for exclamation points is ammusing.

Im not sure weather to say thank you or not!!

gizmo
01-02-2012, 08:39 PM

I guess we have different takes on the end of the SHSU/UM game. I viewed Flanders runs as a loss of defensive discipline rather than "superman" doing miracles. Regardless, SHSU did what it had to do so I give them credit.

IMO, if you break the game down it appears that NDSU does have several strong points. I'm not trying to put down SHSU, they've earned their right to be in the NC game....just like NDSU! Frankly, I'm a little tired of everybody talking up SHSU to be faster than greased lightning and tougher than nails....and nearly unbeatable because of it. It reminds me of the GSU pregame posturing and we know how that turned out....it wasn't even close! Although the Bison can use the underdog label for motivation, there's a lot to be said about having confidence in your abilities as well. SHSU will come into the NC game with a lot of swagger especially since everybody is telling them how great they are. Meanwhile, NDSU is being made out to be slow, methodical farm boys who can barely run across the field. NDSU IS a great team (ask the teams we've played) and we ARE worthy of being national champions and I don't think it will be fair when some bonehead sports reporter calls our National Championship "The Upset of the Century".

GO BISON!!! EARN YOUR NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

semobison
01-02-2012, 09:49 PM
I guess we have different takes on the end of the SHSU/UM game. I viewed Flanders runs as a loss of defensive discipline rather than "superman" doing miracles. Regardless, SHSU did what it had to do so I give them credit.

IMO, if you break the game down it appears that NDSU does have several strong points. I'm not trying to put down SHSU, they've earned their right to be in the NC game....just like NDSU! Frankly, I'm a little tired of everybody talking up SHSU to be faster than greased lightning and tougher than nails....and nearly unbeatable because of it. It reminds me of the GSU pregame posturing and we know how that turned out....it wasn't even close! Although the Bison can use the underdog label for motivation, there's a lot to be said about having confidence in your abilities as well. SHSU will come into the NC game with a lot of swagger especially since everybody is telling them how great they are. Meanwhile, NDSU is being made out to be slow, methodical farm boys who can barely run across the field. NDSU IS a great team (ask the teams we've played) and we ARE worthy of being national champions and I don't think it will be fair when some bonehead sports reporter calls our National Championship "The Upset of the Century".

GO BISON!!! EARN YOUR NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

When you have #1 against #2 you are not going to have an upset! As far as most message boards and media conversation I have read there are a lot of people picking Sammie, and a lot picking the Bison. Who is this everbody you are talking about? If its SHSU fans, what else would you expect? I think the line on the game is even, or very close to it.......Just because some people think SHSU is good, it shows no disrespect to NDSU....I have been waiting 21 years for this game! I would love a Bison blowout! I just think its going to be a battle, one that we can win!

CAS4127
01-02-2012, 10:00 PM
@Gizmo: the lack D discipline of MT really them just taking some risks IMO.

westnodak93bison
01-02-2012, 10:10 PM
@Gizmo: the lack D discipline of MT really them just taking some risks IMO.

Interesting take. You know way more about football than I. Can you give a couple examples? Thanks in advance.

gizmo
01-03-2012, 11:44 AM
When you have #1 against #2 you are not going to have an upset! As far as most message boards and media conversation I have read there are a lot of people picking Sammie, and a lot picking the Bison. Who is this everbody you are talking about? If its SHSU fans, what else would you expect? I think the line on the game is even, or very close to it.......Just because some people think SHSU is good, it shows no disrespect to NDSU....I have been waiting 21 years for this game! I would love a Bison blowout! I just think its going to be a battle, one that we can win!

My whole point is to think positive. Yeah, of course it will be a battle but I won't be surprised when the Bison win convincingly this Saturday.