PDA

View Full Version : Why North Dakota State will win FCS title

CHADSTAUS
12-21-2011, 02:46 AM
Thought it was a very accurate assumption. Read on,,,,,,

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=4458041

heffray
12-21-2011, 03:00 AM
"The biggest problem North Dakota State faces against Sam Houston State is containing the incredible speed on offense, led by record-setting running back Tim Flanders and wide receiver/"Wild Bearkat" orchestrator Richard Sincere."

Oh, here we go....

KTF
12-21-2011, 03:03 AM
don't they have a why SHSU will win version as well?

Bisonguy
12-21-2011, 03:03 AM

Yes they do.

heffray
12-21-2011, 03:04 AM

that i'd like to rip apar--i mean, uh... read.

CHADSTAUS
12-21-2011, 03:11 AM
Ask Lehigh and GSU how we handle these high power offense machines. I'm sure they are full of good advise.

CHADSTAUS
12-21-2011, 03:11 AM

Our article was more favorable in my opinion. And thats all that really matters.

KTF
12-21-2011, 03:13 AM
I am confident that our defensive will contain the SHSU running attack, it is the passing attack I am worried about...

heffray
12-21-2011, 03:15 AM
Here's the SHSU version:

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/misc/shapiro/archive/shapiro_12_17_2011.htm

heffray
12-21-2011, 03:18 AM
"It's that team speed, on offense and defense, that will lead top-ranked Sam Houston State (14-0) to its first national championship on Jan. 7 in Frisco."

"While North Dakota State knocked off Georgia Southern and its triple option, Sam Houston State's read option is difficult to prepare for and relies heavily on the speedy Tim Flanders."

"...and the sophomore will be the most talented back that North Dakota State will face this season."

that last one is debatable.

heffray
12-21-2011, 03:19 AM
"The Bearkats also will have the advantage of playing a virtual home game in Frisco. While North Dakota State will have to travel a long way to Texas, Sam Houston State will benefit from playing three hours from home and likely have a large crowd make the trip as well."

Probably the only completely valid point the article makes...

CAS4127
12-21-2011, 03:21 AM
Our article was more favorable in my opinion. And thats all that really matters.

Actually it matters very little what a pregame article written by someone who knows very little about either program other than what s/he may have seen as of late states.

KTF
12-21-2011, 03:22 AM
where's emdiggy's analysis, he ususally has great insight..

heffray
12-21-2011, 03:25 AM
Actually it matters very little what a pregame article written by someone who knows very little about either program other than what s/he may have seen as of late states.

The guys who wrote both articles work for the FCS and probably paid close attention to the games of the top 2 seeds in their tournament. I'd say that if they watched all 6 of the Bison and Bearkats games, they have a pretty good idea of what they are about, or can at least make a pretty educated assessment of their opinion on a possible otcome.

CHADSTAUS
12-21-2011, 03:25 AM
Usually has something posted the Thursday or Friday before the game.

heffray
12-21-2011, 03:34 AM
Given the events of the last 3 weeks, i.e., all our opponents saying that we will have a hard time keeping up with their speed (the outcome of which was a combined 21 points allowed in 3 games, that's 7 ppg, folks), I digress... Given that, I'd like to hear another argument as to why NDSU won't win. All we've been hearing is SPEED SPEED SPEED, and let me just tell you, you are wrong. Let's hear something else.

BisonCountry
12-21-2011, 04:42 AM
where's emdiggy's analysis, he ususally has great insight..
Lsd! Lsd! Lsd!

BTW, I love reading these pregame articles about the "other" teams speed and then watching our guys run, around, by and through them.

NDSUdonny
12-21-2011, 05:29 AM
I like the part where he says SHSU will win because they have experience in close games. So us blowing teams out makes us not as good? Great reasoning! I guess someone had to be stuck with that article if they were gonna go both ways with it

IzzyFlexion
12-21-2011, 12:27 PM
"The biggest problem North Dakota State faces against Sam Houston State is containing the incredible speed on offense, led by record-setting running back Tim Flanders and wide receiver/"Wild Bearkat" orchestrator Richard Sincere."

Oh, here we go....

http://mc6pack.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/ned-tebow-endzonerino.png

KC Bison
12-21-2011, 01:58 PM
My only concern is that the team doesn't get overconfident. I think there was genuine fear about GA Southern's triple offense. I just hope they don't get the idea that they can mail it in. A little fear is good.

cbline
12-21-2011, 02:02 PM
My only concern is that the team doesn't get overconfident. I think there was genuine fear about GA Southern's triple offense. I just hope they don't get the idea that they can mail it in. A little fear is good.

A few things that I believe will combat overconfidence:

1. Senior leadership.
2. The coaches' preparation for past games and the players' belief in the coaches' systems to approach each game.
3. Quotes from player interviews about "the Program", "history", and "tradition". Whenever I hear a player interview, it seems like most times they mention being a part of something greater than themselves.

CaBisonFan
12-21-2011, 02:17 PM
We'll win because the Bison attitude is back.

Tatanka
12-21-2011, 02:25 PM
http://mc6pack.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/ned-tebow-endzonerino.png

http://www.inforum.com/media/full/jpg/2010/08/24/xheagle.jpg

kaKAAAAAAWWWWWWadoodelly-do!!!!

CAS4127
12-21-2011, 02:44 PM
I would hope we win because we are the better team overall, with "overall" encompassing playing ability, attitude, maintaining assignments, fundamentals, mental toughness, coaching, executing, being more physical . . . . . . . you get the picture.

VanClubPres
12-21-2011, 02:47 PM
Here is my reason.

We are Bison.

They are not.

Any questions?

Bison03
12-21-2011, 03:07 PM
On Bisonville, we can be overconfident. We can look past teams in the playoffs, we can say we will beat a team by X amount of points. We can say we don't respect the other team, we can say whatever we want to pump our team up. The team itself will not do this. I believe that the coaches will have them so focused that nothing any media or fans will make them overlook anyone. Veldman had a great comment last week when he said as a senior, he had been a part of 10-1 teams and a 3-8 team. I think the players know that teams don't go to NC games every year and that they have to not let this opportunity pass them by. Bison pride it high on this team.

gizmo
12-22-2011, 02:46 AM
Defense wins championships and NDSU has the better defense. NDSU's superior line play on both offense and defense should win the game barring some freakish misfortunes in turnovers or bad officiating.

EagleBison
12-20-2012, 11:33 PM
We'll win because the Bison attitude is back.

I'll take it one step further this year......Bison attitude is Back to Back :)

CaBisonFan
12-21-2012, 12:32 AM
I'll take it one step further this year......Bison attitude is Back to Back :)

.....precisely.....

Bisonfan1
12-21-2012, 01:23 AM
When the Bison TEAM gets off the bus at 0930 hrs. and starts their walk to the stadium, pay attention, I think we will all have an idea whats going to happen. I sure did last year.

Da_Bizon
12-21-2012, 01:37 AM
When the Bison TEAM gets off the bus at 0930 hrs. and starts their walk to the stadium, pay attention, I think we will all have an idea whats going to happen. I sure did last year.

Yes... I'm with ya. The Bison players had a swagger... they looked focused, yet loose and relaxed. They were having fun but knew the task at hand. Now, it could be that we outnumbered the Kats fans by quite a bit around the buses, but they looked a little shell-shocked.

Apart from that, I think any over-confidence we may have had disappeared with how close the GSU game ended up being.

perthbison
12-21-2012, 02:36 AM
from one of my sons favorite movie "Racing Stripes". "Don't look back, leave it all on the track!". The Bison will leave it all on the field and that should be enough to win barring bizarre turnovers etc..

EndZoneQB
12-21-2012, 02:38 AM
from one of my sons favorite movie "Racing Stripes". "Don't look back, leave it all on the track!". The Bison will leave it all on the field and that should be enough to win barring bizarre turnovers etc..

Yep, no holding on to something for "next week"...put it out there. Put yourself on the line.

Hansel
12-21-2012, 02:45 AM
Yep, no holding on to something for "next week"...put it out there. Put yourself on the line.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sz0VFa_4JwM

onbison09
12-21-2012, 04:57 AM
"The Bearkats also will have the advantage of playing a virtual home game in Frisco. While North Dakota State will have to travel a long way to Texas, Sam Houston State will benefit from playing three hours from home and likely have a large crowd make the trip as well."

Does that really matter when the teams get there on like Monday or Tuesday? Also, we may have more fans.

56BISON73
12-21-2012, 05:22 AM

Actually its really not a valid point. sorry. They have to drive 3 hours. Flight time from Dallas to Fargo is 2 hours. Both teams will be staying in hotels and the Bison will have more fans at the game. Nothing but hyperbole on their part.

1998braves64
12-21-2012, 03:31 PM
The article is from last year before everyone knew we were bringing the state of North Dakota down to Frisco!

BisonCardinal
12-21-2012, 08:24 PM
Yes... I'm with ya. The Bison players had a swagger... they looked focused, yet loose and relaxed. They were having fun but knew the task at hand. Now, it could be that we outnumbered the Kats fans by quite a bit around the buses, but they looked a little shell-shocked.

Apart from that, I think any over-confidence we may have had disappeared with how close the GSU game ended up being.

Who will have the Chad Willson smile this year?

Tatanka
12-22-2012, 08:50 PM
Who will totally own the shsu mascot this year?

(Taken from the shsu athletics site... lol at the best crowd shot they have has the Frisco cruiser crew front and center)
http://image.cdnllnwnl.xosnetwork.com/pics32/640/XF/XFENZUIURQGTSWP.20121220150744.jpg

VanClubPres
12-22-2012, 09:49 PM
Here is my reason.

We are Bison.

They are not.

Any questions?

Self quoted for accuracy.

adsfwerwfsfdsd
12-23-2012, 06:57 AM
The GSU game was tough. Tough games prepare us.
Sam damn near collapsed in the second half vs., EWU.
I cant be the only one who believes we are going to punish Sam.
Bison win by 17 ,.:hungry:

EndZoneQB
12-23-2012, 06:58 AM
Who will totally own the shsu mascot this year?

(Taken from the shsu athletics site... lol at the best crowd shot they have has the Frisco cruiser crew front and center)
http://image.cdnllnwnl.xosnetwork.com/pics32/640/XF/XFENZUIURQGTSWP.20121220150744.jpg

We are the opposite side of the stadium this year...so I'm counting on us again.

And of course they do...we are too cool not to be filmed.

Bisonfan1
12-23-2012, 03:42 PM
We are the opposite side of the stadium this year...so I'm counting on us again.

WE ? Problem is I dont see u in this picture ?? Were you in the can or the Security Station appoligizing for putting your foot on the rail ?? :D

ndsubison1
12-23-2012, 04:11 PM

ill be on your side with the shsu fans

SDbison
12-23-2012, 05:40 PM
Who will have the Chad Willson smile this year? I wonder how many of the players that graduated last year will be in attendance? I saw DJ & Warren at several home gsmes this past year. Is Preston Evans assistant coaching?

SomeBeach
12-24-2012, 04:11 AM
I think everything is covered right here:

http://www.theonion.com/articles/you-will-suffer-humiliation-when-the-sports-team-f,10804/

bruinbison
01-03-2013, 04:43 PM
Thought it was a very accurate assumption. Read on,,,,,,

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=4458041

Sam Houston's NCAA Championship Game News & Notes -

http://www.gobearkats.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=92955&SPID=11345&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=205865115&DB_OEM_ID=19900

"Three Bearkats Lead Six Southland AP All-Americans: Sam Houston State safety Darnell Taylor headlines a group of six players from the Southland Conference that were named to the FCS All-American Team by the Associated Press on Dec. 12. Taylor earned first-team honors. He was joined on the team by teammates Timothy Flanders at running back and Andrew Weaver on the defensive line."

#20 Timothy Flanders RB 5-9 210 Jr. 2L Midwest City, Ok (Kansas State) (Midwest City)
#38 Darnell Taylor DB 6-0 195 Sr. 3L Mesquite (Mesquite)
#92 Andrew Weaver DE 6-1 240 Jr. 1L Waco (Texas A&M) (Waco)

http://www.gobearkats.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=92955&SPID=11345&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=19900&ATCLID=205828403

dragonsfan
01-03-2013, 04:46 PM
Around 11 on kfan in cities, they did top 5 reasons NDSU crushes sam houston. Pretty good stuff, they could not believe the defensive stats of ndsu

heffray
01-03-2013, 05:22 PM
Around 11 on kfan in cities, they did top 5 reasons NDSU crushes sam houston. Pretty good stuff, they could not believe the defensive stats of ndsu

Wow, i'm loving all the airtime PA is giving to the Bison this year. Kudos to him, i may have to start listening again.

bruinbison
01-04-2013, 04:42 PM
More articles from Sam Houston......

Passing Game Has Added New Dimension

"Because they were mostly one-dimensional, the top-ranked Bearkats became predictable and were shut out of the end zone for the first time all season, losing last January's game to the Bison 17-6.

That got the wheels turning for Sam Houston State coach Willie Fritz.

If the Bearkats were to have another opportunity at a national championship, the offense needed to make some changes.

"We were in that stadium over there," said the Kats' third-year head coach, referring to FC Dallas Stadium, site of last season's national championship game. "It was 17 to 6 with, I don't know, eight minutes to go and we had the ball. I thought, 'Wow, this is going to be tough,' because we weren't that kind of team to get two touchdowns to win the ballgame. It was.

"At that point, I said in my mind that we've got to throw the ball better. I don't want to diminish winning 14 games in a row because I'm a firm believer that you have to run the football to win championships. They did a very good job of ganging up on our option attack and left themselves vulnerable to some things we could do, but we weren't capable of doing it."

http://www.gobearkats.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=92955&SPID=11345&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=205874716&DB_OEM_ID=19900

Line up and play

http://www.gobearkats.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=92955&SPID=11345&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=205874716&DB_OEM_ID=19900

They mention losing their RT - Kaleb Hopson, who they say is an all-american - right away in the Eastern Washington game - Anyone know if he is back for this game?

Here is something they have done for focus.....
"Inside the team’s locker room at the Ron Mafrige Fieldhouse, there are signs posted that make more of a statement than ask as a question:

Have YOU done all that YOU could do to beat NDSU."

The o-line coach also talks of Sam's highly successful offense - top 10 in every major category

Bearkats Ready For A Rematch

"With the Bison already holding one spot, the Bearkats saw they had a chance to get another shot at the team that denied them a national championship.

"That motivated us," Shaw (Bearkats senior safety Robert Shaw) said. "If they won, we've got to win. We were better than them last year and we wanted our rematch. That's great."

"As much as the Bison know how motivated Sam Houston will be to return the favor, North Dakota State has dealt with a few revenge games this season."

http://www.gobearkats.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=92955&SPID=11345&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=205874664&DB_OEM_ID=19900

EndZoneQB
01-04-2013, 04:45 PM
They want to throw the ball more? Please god, do that...please.

aces1180
01-04-2013, 04:46 PM
They want to throw the ball more? Please god, do that...please.

Particularly to MWill's side of the field...

devin45k
01-04-2013, 04:49 PM
"That motivated us," Shaw (Bearkats senior safety Robert Shaw) said. "If they won, we've got to win. We were better than them last year and we wanted our rematch. That's great."

"As much as the Bison know how motivated Sam Houston will be to return the favor, North Dakota State has dealt with a few revenge games this season."

http://www.gobearkats.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=92955&SPID=11345&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=205874664&DB_OEM_ID=19900

If a team that was scoring that much was only held to 2 Field Goals, then they were not better