PDA

View Full Version : Gene Taylor on KFGO Next

Gully
12-20-2011, 07:31 PM
Sounds like Gene is up after the news and commercials.

Bison bison
12-20-2011, 07:39 PM
4600 ticks

Bison bison
12-20-2011, 07:41 PM
The limit on tickets is 25.

going through the orders mostly single digits.

TransAmBison
12-20-2011, 07:42 PM
Sounds like Gene is trying to be as fair as possible.

Bison bison
12-20-2011, 07:43 PM
if you're a team maker and season ticket holder you are probably going to get tickets.

CAS4127
12-20-2011, 07:46 PM
if you're a team maker and season ticket holder you are probably going to get tickets.

What?! But this can't be?? Did they just make an additional 600 tickets and add 600 more seats??!!

What the hell is going on out there??!!

pwbnd
12-20-2011, 07:47 PM

Heard that too....hope so!

Bison4ever56
12-20-2011, 07:50 PM
I've got... 2 tickets to paradise. Won't you pack your bags, and come with me tonight!

roper1313
12-20-2011, 07:58 PM
Just another reason to purchase season tickets and donate to Teammakers!!

THEsocalledfan
12-20-2011, 08:09 PM
Well, golly gee guys, perhaps you'd be kind enough to fill in all of us who don't live in Fargo? Details please.

Herd Mentality
12-20-2011, 08:12 PM
Just another reason to purchase season tickets and donate to Teammakers!!

Couldn't agree more.

TransAmBison
12-20-2011, 08:12 PM
Taylor said most Teammakers who request tickets should get them. If people to request more tickets than they normally get they will be questioned on it. They are trying to get the most teammakers/season ticket holders there, priority based on length of membership/money given. If you are a bandwagon fan it doesn't look too good.

THEsocalledfan
12-20-2011, 08:14 PM
Taylor said most Teammakers who request tickets should get them. If people to request more tickets than they normally get they will be questioned on it. They are trying to get the most teammakers/season ticket holders there, priority based on length of membership/money given. If you are a bandwagon fan it doesn't look too good.

So, sounds pretty "gray" on the number of extra tickets a teammaker would get?

northendzone
12-20-2011, 08:15 PM
So in summary, season ticket holders that aren't teammakers aren't likely to receive tickets? We have had season tickets for 6 years - so this is pretty disappointing.

TransAmBison
12-20-2011, 08:19 PM
So in summary, season ticket holders that aren't teammakers aren't likely to receive tickets? We have had season tickets for 6 years - so this is pretty disappointing.
Notice I said teammakers/season ticket holders. They went over it pretty quickly, but they said if you had been a regular season ticket holder for some time you should get tickets. I would think most season ticket holders are Teammakers, but not all. I would think you stand a decent shot.

Vitojr130
12-20-2011, 08:21 PM

Same with folks who just graduated after attending for 4 years because student tickets don't build you priority points. I guess I can't complain too much about the big time donors getting first dibs, but I would rather it be priority based off of how many games you have attended. That alone should ween out the bandwagon fans.

CAS4127
12-20-2011, 08:22 PM

Does anyone know what the lowest amount is for becoming a teammaker? Isn't it like $275 or something like that? That's ~ $23/month or one 2 less eat-out meals a week, or however you want to calculate it.

TransAmBison
12-20-2011, 08:25 PM
Does anyone know what the lowest amount is for becoming a teammaker? Isn't it like $275 or something like that? That's ~ $23/month or one 2 less eat-out meals a week, or however you want to calculate it.I think it is $100.

roadwarrior
12-20-2011, 08:27 PM
Does anyone know what the lowest amount is for becoming a teammaker? Isn't it like $275 or something like that?

The minimum is $100 per year. The priority points however are calculated on the amount you give each year. If you give $1000 per year, you get 10 times the points the guy that gives $100 gets.

Herd Mentality
Yep... $100. I think it was still $50 two years ago.

Also, you also get points for multiple sport season tickets...it pays to support all the Herd athletes.

CAS4127
I think it is $100.

You know, I think you are correct. So, there we have it, $8.33333333333333333333333333333333333 a month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tatanka
12-20-2011, 08:29 PM
Does anyone know what the lowest amount is for becoming a teammaker? Isn't it like $275 or something like that? That's ~ $23/month or one 2 less eat-out meals a week, or however you want to calculate it.

It's less than that. IIRC you can contribute at the $10/month level. (The BOOSTER Club is at $100-249 annually).

roadwarrior
Also, you also get points for multiple sport season tickets...it pays to support all the Herd athletes.

You get points for donating to the SHAC construction fund also.

CAS4127
The minimum is $100 per year. The priority points however are calculated on the amount you give each year. If you give $1000 per year, you get 10 times the points the guy that gives $100 gets.

But you are still a "teammaker" and, if a season ticket holder, likely to be in position to get go.bison PO tickets. Considering that some may pay $40-$100 over face value, I think the $100 might be a good investment/insurance!!

Bison bison
12-20-2011, 08:35 PM
I think that the priority points system they have in place is pretty good.

They screwed up with the buy up to 25 decision. It looks like few Bison fans abused this.

Bison bison
12-20-2011, 08:38 PM
But you are still a "teammaker" and, if a season ticket holder, likely to be in position to get go.bison PO tickets. Considering that some may pay $40-$100 over face value, I think the $100 might be a good investment/insurance!!

Although it would be difficult to administer, it would have been great if they would have said people with X many points are guaranteed Y many tickets. This would allow folks to level up and raise some serious cash.

roper1313
12-20-2011, 08:45 PM

Can't agree with you more CAS. I'm not a giant Teammaker, I've only had season tickets (4) for 5 years and only donate the $100, but I was still able to get tickets to the Gopher game and would be confident that I'd get tickets for Frisco if I didn't already have a comitment. Time to get onboard the NDSU bus!! It's been making many stops at NCAA Championships and will be continuing to do so in the future.

Herd Mentality
12-20-2011, 09:15 PM
I noticed my account says "you have tickets to pay for"... I wish I would've looked right after I put in to see what it showed then.

TransAmBison
12-20-2011, 09:18 PM
I noticed my account says "you have tickets to pay for"... I wish I would've looked right after I put in to see what it showed then.That would be a great out of context.

Herd Mentality
12-20-2011, 09:20 PM
That would be a great out of context.

Oh snap...

stevdock
12-20-2011, 10:40 PM

I know what you are getting at with the bolded comment, but be careful with that. I haven't missed a home game since 93 outside of 2 seasons when I was out of state, and also haven't gotten season tickets either. Because I haven't had season tickets I could theoretically be thrown in with the bandwagon crowd which definitely isn't the case.

thundarsdaddy
12-20-2011, 10:58 PM
The thing that concerns me( and I listened to Gene Taylors KFGO interview today) is that with 4600 tickets to give out, and each person, based on priority, at the top who takes 25 tickets, that means theoretically the first 184 people can buy up all the tickets?
Doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out that a LOT of people, including us season ticket holders might be screwed. We will simply wait until thursday and see what the emailman brings!

Bison bison
12-20-2011, 11:01 PM
And since you listened to the interview, you know that this didn't happen (the folks at the top squatting on tickets).

BisBison
12-20-2011, 11:02 PM
The thing that concerns me( and I listened to Gene Taylors KFGO interview today) is that with 4600 tickets to give out, and each person, based on priority, at the top who takes 25 tickets, that means theoretically the first 184 people can buy up all the tickets?
Doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out that a LOT of people, including us season ticket holders might be screwed. We will simply wait until thursday and see what the emailman brings!

People asking for 25 will be questioned as to why they need so many if they only have 2 or 4 season tickets for regular games. Common sense rules here. Gene and Simmers will keep to much abuse of the system from happening.

thundarsdaddy
12-20-2011, 11:05 PM
People asking for 25 will be questioned as to why they need so many if they only have 2 or 4 season tickets for regular games. Common sense rules here. Gene and Simmers will keep to much abuse of the system from happening.

I certainly hope so, but without a hard and fast rule, I wont hold my breath!

Comfortably Numb Bison
12-21-2011, 12:36 AM
As a TeamMaker for the last 10 years this really pisses me off. According to the web site I had until tomorrow morning to place my order for tickets. Now the site is closed the site and more then likely all 4600? will be sold tonight to the pending orders already in place. So 10 years worth of priority points wont mean SH.T!! This whole tickets thing is a giant cluster FU.. If you are going to post a message on the web site stick to it for gods sake. The game is 17+ days away. There is no reason that I can see that they needed to shorten the deadline. WHAT GIVES GENE AND PAT????????

northendzone
12-21-2011, 12:43 AM
How are they able to add a third charter flight? If they are able to add a third charter flight and take from the Bison Pool of tickets this is an outrage! If I don't get tickets after being a season ticket holder of 6 tickets for 6 years and some people that don't have season tickets get some because they are taking the charter heads need to roll.... We have purchased in excess of $1,000 in tickets, 500+ in NDSU clothing, and traveled to two Bison away games (SDSU/MN) this year and attend the spring game......

4mcruenomore
12-21-2011, 12:45 AM
People are turning into complete idiots over this. Quite the melt down here.

Hansel
12-21-2011, 12:45 AM
How are they able to add a third charter flight? If they are able to add a third charter flight and take from the Bison Pool of tickets this is an outrage! If I don't get tickets after being a season ticket holder of 6 tickets for 6 years and some people that don't have season tickets get some because they are taking the charter heads need to roll.... We have purchased in excess of $1,000 in tickets, 500+ in NDSU clothing, and traveled to two Bison away games (SDSU/MN) this year and attend the spring game......

The latest charter does not include game tickets

CAS4127
12-21-2011, 12:46 AM
The new charter doesn't include tickets from what I understand.

17>1
12-21-2011, 12:47 AM
Count my Dad and I in as future teammakers. We have been season ticket holders in the north endzone for the last 4 years. There is no reason we couldn't come up with an extra $100 each. I'd like to be referred to as a teammaker to really show my Bison pride and to help the program. I could never see giving NDSU more than I would give my local church, but starting out at the minimum sounds like a fantastic idea.

4mcruenomore
12-21-2011, 12:48 AM
Count my Dad and I in as future teammakers. We have been season ticket holders in the north endzone for the last 4 years. There is no reason we couldn't come up with an extra $100 each. I'd like to be referred to as a teammaker to really show my Bison pride and to help the program. I could never see giving NDSU more than I would give my local church, but starting out at the minimum sounds like a fantastic idea.

That's the spirit. It's not my fault some moron has been going to games for 20+ years but is too cheap to be a team maker.

17>1
12-21-2011, 12:51 AM
That's the spirit. It's not my fault some moron has been going to games for 20+ years but is too cheap to be a team maker.
I sort of always assumed it was a much higher cost to get involved. Guess I failed to do my research. Looking forward to joining up!!

Boy
12-21-2011, 12:56 AM

I paid $635 for my Teammakers and 3 seats in section 21. I certainly think that is reasonable.

northendzone
12-21-2011, 12:58 AM
I was under the impression it was 1,000+ annual to be in team makers - I didn't know it was so cheap... We do have the right to be concerned about this process.

4mcruenomore
12-21-2011, 12:59 AM
I paid $635 for my Teammakers and 3 seats in section 21. I certainly think that is reasonable.

There is a guy bitching in another thread about a bus charter being $50 more expensive than if he drove his own car down there. These are the kind of idiots we are dealing with here, hence my other thread.

Bison bison
12-21-2011, 01:03 AM
I was under the impression it was 1,000+ annual to be in team makers - I didn't know it was so cheap... We do have the right to be concerned about this process.

Nearly all Team Makers are working Joes and Josephines who give a couple hundred buckets to support student athletes and get better seats.

CAS4127
12-21-2011, 01:05 AM
4m--relax!!!!!!!

17>1
12-21-2011, 01:05 AM
Nearly all Team Makers are working Joes and Josephines who give a couple hundred buckets to support student athletes and get better seats.
I don't really need better seats as I am totally fine with where we're at, but would still like to attain Teammaker status. Section 24 represent!!!

56BISON73
12-21-2011, 01:07 AM

Usually charter flights dont come out of the pool. The charter companies deal with the NCAA or brokers direct from what Ive been told.

1998braves64
12-21-2011, 01:08 AM
I don't really need better seats as I am totally fine with where we're at, but would still like to attain Teammaker status. Section 24 represent!!!

I believe you could keep your seats wherever you currently are... it's not like you're a teammaker you HAVE to move to the teammaker sections...

NDSUstudent
12-21-2011, 01:08 AM
There is a guy bitching in another thread about a bus charter being $50 more expensive than if he drove his own car down there. These are the kind of idiots we are dealing with here, hence my other thread.

Well the bus was as much as my flight..that said the bus is definitely a solid deal considering the price with hotel included. I wouldn't want to drive that far, it is much better to have somebody do it for you.

Boy
12-21-2011, 01:09 AM

I guess I always thought that if you wanted season tickets, you HAD to pony up the extra donation to be a part of teammakers. The better the seats, the more the donation. For more info, check this out.

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=70120

BisonNeil
12-21-2011, 01:09 AM
As a TeamMaker for the last 10 years this really pisses me off. According to the web site I had until tomorrow morning to place my order for tickets. Now the site is closed the site and more then likely all 4600? will be sold tonight to the pending orders already in place. So 10 years worth of priority points wont mean SH.T!! This whole tickets thing is a giant cluster FU.. If you are going to post a message on the web site stick to it for gods sake. The game is 17+ days away. There is no reason that I can see that they needed to shorten the deadline. WHAT GIVES GENE AND PAT????????

Okay, but out of curiousity, the reason you were going to wait until the last minute to place your order was......why?

BamaBison
12-21-2011, 01:11 AM
Teammakers problem is too many $100 members.

This community needs to start giving more.

Comfortably numb, dont worry Pats buddys got 25! Tickets each, ha ha

Tatanka
12-21-2011, 01:11 AM
I believe you could keep your seats wherever you currently are... it's not like you're a teammaker you HAVE to move to the teammaker sections...

Absolutely correct. And since you're not using the ticket benefit, your donation is (generally) 100% tax deductible instead of 80% deductible. (standard disclaimer--check with your tax professional for your particular situation).

We've been TM for a while and we kept our front row seats in the end zone.

BlueBisonRock
12-21-2011, 01:22 AM

Hello Bama. Are you a teammaker and above the $249 level? And do you have any extra tickets that you will sell to other Bison fans for face?

Just doing my part to recruit new teammakers from the southern part of the country.

BamaBison
12-21-2011, 01:31 AM
Got 3 extra $150/ticket

56BISON73
12-21-2011, 01:54 AM
Got 3 extra $150/ticket

Thats the spirit Sam.

56BISON73
12-21-2011, 02:31 AM

Wrong. We got 50.:rofl::biggrin:

Kermit
12-21-2011, 02:45 AM

^^^^This. I am a Team Maker and am fortunate enough to be able to give more than the minimum. We have always chosen to keep our seats in the north end zone because we love them! You can really see plays unfold and it is exciting when scoring plays happen right in front of you.

perthbison
12-21-2011, 03:04 AM
Got 3 extra $150/ticketI'll take them. PM me and we'll negotiate.

IzzyFlexion
12-21-2011, 01:06 PM
I'll take them. PM me and we'll negotiate.

You'll have to wait until the ND Attorney General approves his application to be a tax exempt re-seller.

gotts
12-21-2011, 01:43 PM
You'll have to wait until the ND Attorney General approves his application to be a tax exempt re-seller.

I'm sure you could find his mailing address on the report of when the State Patrol investigated him.

Unless he moved, that is.

Bison"FANatic"
12-21-2011, 01:43 PM

Might be kind of tough for Bama I think Al Carlson has a say with the AG:biggrin::biggrin:

Ferd
12-21-2011, 04:04 PM
Might be kind of tough for Bama I think Al Carlson has a say with the AG:biggrin::biggrin:
I think not.....

tony
12-21-2011, 04:19 PM
Heh, stupid question: When they opened ticket sales for the playoff games for season ticket holders, did the term "season ticket holders" include TM who don't have season tickets? I never tried it out.

I hate to get season tickets when I know that I won't be able to most of the games but I suppose I could get them and find somebody to use them.

northendzone
12-21-2011, 04:23 PM
Tony - Seriously - you post 9,800 times and you don't go to games? That is a bit odd....

Kermit
12-21-2011, 04:23 PM
Heh, stupid question: When they opened ticket sales for the playoff games for season ticket holders, did the term "season ticket holders" include TM who don't have season tickets? I never tried it out.

I hate to get season tickets when I know that I won't be able to most of the games but I suppose I could get them and find somebody to use them.

I don't think Team Makers without season tickets had any priority for the playoff games in the FargoDome. As I recall, when I logged into my account the only option was to purchase my usual seats. I'm sure someone will correct me I my memory is faulty.

On the other hand, TM without season tickets definitely had a shot at tickets for the FCS championship. Priority for this one was totally based on points.

tony
12-21-2011, 04:28 PM
I don't think Team Makers without season tickets had any priority for the playoff games in the FargoDome. As I recall, when I logged into my account the only option was to purchase my usual seats. I'm sure someone will correct me I my memory is faulty.

On the other hand, TM without season tickets definitely had a shot at tickets for the FCS championship. Priority for this one was totally based on points.

Thanks, that makes sense.

Vitojr130
12-21-2011, 04:29 PM

That "idiot" is a college student and cannot afford to go to Texas for $300 per person and has found a way down, round trip, everything included, for less than $200. That "idiot" cannot afford tickets for more than face value and that "idiot" has been to every home game (and 3 away games) for the past 4 years. If that "idiot" can do it for cheaper, than why shouldn't he? It's not about being a "cheapa$$" as you put it in the other thread. It's more-so I wouldn't be able to go period if I didn't do so.

Bison03
12-21-2011, 07:47 PM

Why did you wait until today to get on the list. Most teammakers went online and did it at 12:01 on sunday afternoon. The ticket situation sucks but you should have been on right away. You have nobody to blame but yourself. That being said, I hope you get tickets.

Bison"FANatic"
12-21-2011, 08:10 PM
Why did you wait until today to get on the list. Most teammakers went online and did it at 12:01 on sunday afternoon. The ticket situation sucks but you should have been on right away. You have nobody to blame but yourself. That being said, I hope you get tickets.

I disagree the Ticket department is going to look back at this and see quite a few lessons that they needed to learn. They have not handled it very well. You can't come out and say one thing and then shut it down on short notice like that. Hopefully with a phone call you were able to get your name on the list.

CAS4127
12-21-2011, 08:16 PM
Has anyone considered the possibility that ticket sales were shut down because all tickets were gone and there was no one left who could qualify above those who had already applied and requested enough to absorb the allotment? That's my guess as to what happened. I know, I know, butt25 etc. . . .

Vitojr130
12-21-2011, 08:58 PM

I did this, but I am no teammaker. I lose.

NorthernBison
12-21-2011, 09:03 PM
Has anyone considered the possibility that ticket sales were shut down because all tickets were gone and there was no one left who could qualify above those who had already applied and requested enough to absorb the allotment? That's my guess as to what happened. I know, I know, butt25 etc. . . .

That's possible. I don't think that's what happened though because they gave a warning. If your scenario was correct, they would have just shut it down.

The more likely scenario is that they were getting a lot of feedback that said people needed to know sooner so they could make other arrangements if they didn't get tickets from the school's allotment. I think they did the right thing by moving the deadline up.

northendzone
12-21-2011, 09:28 PM
I agree--

Anyone get their Bison Ticket confirmations yet? They said today, tomorrow (thursday) morning at the latest..... I would have figured many would start getting the confirmation soon......

56BISON73
12-22-2011, 04:09 AM

I will bet if he wanted playoff tickets and had enough priority points he would have gotten them.

DjKyRo
12-22-2011, 05:14 AM
I agree--

Anyone get their Bison Ticket confirmations yet? They said today, tomorrow (thursday) morning at the latest..... I would have figured many would start getting the confirmation soon......

For what it's worth, I received an e-mail asking for my student ID number to confirm my eligibility for a student ticket. The gears are turning.

Bisondan
12-22-2011, 05:32 AM
I agree--

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/344859/group/Sports/

Looks like everyone should know by noon tomorrow. 900 tickets were given to players and coaches and 512 were given to students on a first come first serve basis.

Bison bison
12-22-2011, 02:15 PM
Some unfortunate quotes from Gene.

"It’s unfortunate and frustrating that you can’t make sure that everybody has a ticket,” Taylor said. “That’s part of the championship process...”

RLY? Selling to 25 tickets to high rollers and their 'closest' friends is part of the championship process?

"I just ask that people be patient,” Taylor said. “It’s not the ticket office’s fault.

RLY? The decision to sell up to 25 tickets each was the ticket office's/athletic department's.

Quick edit: I'm not as upset at the situation as this might read.

Civil06
12-22-2011, 02:24 PM

"It’s unfortunate and frustrating that you can’t make sure that everybody has a ticket,” Taylor said. “That’s part of the championship process...”

RLY? Selling to 25 tickets to high rollers and their 'closest' friends is part of the championship process?

"I just ask that people be patient,” Taylor said. “It’s not the ticket office’s fault.

RLY? The decision to sell up to 25 tickets each was the ticket office's/athletic department's.

u mad bro??

CAS4127
12-22-2011, 02:32 PM
I heard there was a former player on Gaptooth's show yesterday stating that former players should get priority cuz they/we built the program. C'mon man, we were paid to go to NDSU, and, join Teammakers, as you get preference/points for being a letterwinner (what ever that is).

56BISON73
12-22-2011, 02:40 PM
I heard there was a former player on Gaptooth's show yesterday stating that former players should get priority cuz they/we built the program. C'mon man, we were paid to go to NDSU, and, join Teammakers, as you get preference/points for being a letterwinner (what ever that is).

You shittin me? Geeez

TransAmBison
12-22-2011, 02:42 PM
I listened to that yesterday. The former player stated that he felt he deserved priority because of injuries etc that players have to live after their playing days are done. Not exact words, but the general idea.

tony
12-22-2011, 02:45 PM

Heh, Heitkamp.

Former student-athletes get some priority points but not enough to put them at the front of the list. I'm completely fine with that.

If people want to complain about how TM awards points, rather than bitching to KFGO or using their position at KFGO to whine about it, they should join TM and ask for change rather than jump on the bandwagon and act like Al Carlson (i.e. "I may not understand what is going on, but I do know this: I'm a really big f**king deal and you better bow down to me or there will be hell to pay.") :)

Bison bison
12-22-2011, 02:47 PM
There was also talk that alumni should get points. ?

I think the priority points system is pretty dang good - THEY NEED TO LEARN HOW TO USE IT - but the point system itself is just fine.

herdmember
12-22-2011, 02:49 PM
I think players do get priority according to the Inforum yesterday. You could have 10 season tickets in the end zone for 100 years and have the same amount of priority points as a player who lettered once at NDSU.

CAS4127
12-22-2011, 02:49 PM
Former student-athletes get some priority points but not enough to put them at the front of the list. I'm completely fine with that. If people want to complain about how TM awards points, rather than bitching to KFGO, they should join TM and ask for change rather than jump on the bandwagon and act like Al Carlson (i.e. "I may not understand what is going on, but I do know this: I'm a really big f**king deal and you better bow down to me or there will be hell to pay.") :)

Ya, I don't buy into the "pulling rank" agenda. Sure we played, and teammakers awards us priority points for that. I could "pull rank" by getting better tickets than I have, but I don't think it is fair to do so to those people who have had their seats for many years, and have otherwise been longstanding NDSU fans/supporters.

Herd Mentality
12-22-2011, 02:58 PM
Any player that wanted to join TM right now at the minimum ($100) would have 102 points and be ranked right around 1000. (To put that into perspective, average NDSU grad would have to donate $5100 for that)

I would like to see a few points for alumni...not a lot mind you, but a few.

MNLonghorn10
12-22-2011, 02:58 PM

i asked texas long horn fans...they said up to 4 can be had per season ticket seat...which is bowl games,bcs national championship and the ou game.

ndsu did something completely wrong here..i hope they learn for next time...there could be 200 unprioritized fans usin valuable seats because they know 1 of 8 guys...and im sure that number is much higher..

Bison bison
12-22-2011, 02:59 PM
the rich get richer and the poor have children...

56BISON73
12-22-2011, 03:00 PM
Any player that wanted to join TM right now at the minimum ($100) would have 102 points and be ranked right around 1000.

I would like to see a few points for alumni...not a lot mind you, but a few.

If you graduated from NDSU I think there should be some sort of consideration as I know other schools give points for the sheepskin. If you just went to school at NDSU? Naw

Herd Mentality
12-22-2011, 03:03 PM
If you graduated from NDSU I think there should be some sort of consideration as I know other schools give points for the sheepskin. If you just went to school at NDSU? Naw

I agree, that's why I said alumni. :)

GOB1SON
12-22-2011, 03:10 PM
i asked texas long horn fans...they said up to 4 can be had per season ticket seat...which is bowl games,bcs national championship and the ou game.

ndsu did something completely wrong here..i hope they learn for next time...there could be 200 unprioritized fans usin valuable seats because they know 1 of 8 guys...and im sure that number is much higher..

the rich get richer and the poor have children...

OK. How many tickets should I be entitled to?

We have 14 season tickets.
I personally have three degrees from NDSU.
I have been donating to Teammakers for over 10 years.
This year, we bought 61 additional seats for football games, including playoffs for clients, friends, and family.

So should I get two tickets to the game? Four? 14? 24? What? How should Teammakers and the ticket office treat me?

Discuss.

Bison bison
12-22-2011, 03:11 PM

Next...

herdmember
12-22-2011, 03:13 PM

This year, we bought 61 additional seats for football games, including playoffs for clients, friends, and family.

So should I get two tickets to the game? Four? 14? 24? What? How should Teammakers and the ticket office treat me?

Discuss.

You should be able to request 14 atleast, then you get that or not based on priority IMO.

CAS4127

Discuss.

You deserve a complimentary ticket/seat right next to Lakesbison!!! That's the least that should be done!!!

GOB1SON

Next...

Since you are the smartest guy on this board, I expected some sort of justification. You must be an economist; they can just make up whatever they want and publish it.

GOB1SON
12-22-2011, 03:15 PM
You deserve a complimentary ticket/seat right next to Lakesbison!!! That's the least that should be done!!!

Sat/stood next to him at Eastern Washington last year and had a great time, so that is definitely an option.

Bison03
12-22-2011, 03:16 PM
I think priority points are a good idea in that if you have been a teammaker for a long time or if you give a lot of money to NDSU athletics, you should have priority. I think what I and most people are mad about is the number of tickets you are allowed to get. I heard from someone yesterday that a teammaker was planning on buying 10 tickets, using one, and scalping the rest for big bucks. Now, this may be a rumor and untrue. But if people are doing this, they should be ashamed of themselves. This is the biggest game in NDSU history. Let your fellow fans get tickets and join you in cheering in the stands.

missingnumber7
12-22-2011, 03:23 PM
IMHO the only option that should be out there should be BY PRIORITY number for the number of season tickets you currently hold for the team that qualifies for the championship. If you have 14 seats you have the option to buy 14 tickets...if you don't need them you defer what you don't need and they go to number 2 and so on and so forth. The whole supply and demand argument is hilarious on here. If everyone that wanted to watch the game could fit in the stadium it wouldn't be on TV. I want to go, I would love to be there, and if the situation happens to where I'm there great, if not thats what ESPN is for.

I have Denver Broncos season tickets and the only thing that entitles me to post season tickets, are the 2 seats I've shelled out 1500 bucks for...and then I have to shell out face value for the playoff seats plus an additional convenience fee.

td577
12-22-2011, 03:24 PM

Discuss.

I think you should get as many tickets as you had during the season. So if the 14 tickets are all under one TM account and your priority points put you in line for 14, then I wouldn't have any problem with 14. It would be nice if you got points for the extra tickets a person purchases that are not part of any TM package, but you knew that going in.

I have a feeling when this is all said and done, there will be some adjusting to the priority points system. I think there needs to be a category where you get points for purchasing extra tickets through your TM account. There should be points for being a graduate of NDSU, like others have said. I have mixed feelings about letterwinners, especially if they were on a scholarship. It is because of groups like teammakers that helped them get through school, so maybe the 100 points shouldn't kick in until they have donated back a certain amount. There is also a need to clean up the TM accounts. Inactive ones need to be deleted.

There is nothing difficult about setting up a system where loyalty is as rewarded as simply paying a lot of money into the system.

I have a feeling when this is over, people are going to have one of two opinions. There are either going to start giving more to build up points or they are going to become distrustful of the system and quit being a member.

56BISON73
12-22-2011, 03:24 PM

Discuss.

Where are you season tixs located? What is your giving level over 10 years. Those answers will determine your priority as you well know. But I cant throw out a number without knowing those facts.

MNLonghorn10
12-22-2011, 03:26 PM

Discuss. use your degrees from ndsu to figure that out.

56BISON73
12-22-2011, 03:27 PM
I think you should get as many tickets as you had during the season. So if the 14 tickets are all under one TM account and your priority points put you in line for 14, then I wouldn't have any problem with 14. It would be nice if you got points for the extra tickets a person purchases that are not part of any TM package, but you knew that going in.

I have a feeling when this is all said and done, there will be some adjusting to the priority points system. I think there needs to be a category where you get points for purchasing extra tickets through your TM account. There should be points for being a graduate of NDSU, like others have said. I have mixed feelings about letterwinners, especially if they were on a scholarship. It is because of groups like teammakers that helped them get through school, so maybe the 100 points shouldn't kick in until they have donated back a certain amount. There is also a need to clean up the TM accounts. Inactive ones need to be deleted.

There is nothing difficult about setting up a system where loyalty is as rewarded as simply paying a lot of money into the system.

I have a feeling when this is over, people are going to have one of two opinions. There are either going to start giving more to build up points or they are going to become distrustful of the system and quit being a member.

The point system is fair and it works. The only thing that needs to be tweeked is the allocation numbers.

northendzone
I will be very upset if I see any tickets in our section on stub hub.... I think the atheletic department should take note or watch and call those sellers in our section to understand why they are selling their tickets.

Or better yet - just provide a list of whom got what tickets and have a public roasting.

roadwarrior
Donating money to the SHAC project is a great way to bump up your point total!

Mr. Burgundy
12-22-2011, 03:29 PM
I think you should get your 100 bonus points for being a former letterwinner/athlete.....AFTER you actually JOIN TEAMMAKERS. Start the process. Return the favor. Strictly my opinion, but 100 bonus points is alot of points in this system, and it may help us add a great bunch of new Teammakers.

GOB1SON
12-22-2011, 03:33 PM
Where are you season tixs located? What is your giving level over 10 years. Those answers will determine your priority as you well know. But I cant throw out a number without knowing those facts.

I understand that PL.

I could have made up any number of scenario's but I was trying to get at (and didn't do a very good job of) is that at the top levels of donor's, they don't just have 2 seats or 4 seats. Most likely they have 10 or 15 or I know of one business that has 30. How do you tell them no? You don't. You make sure your best customers are taken care of or you go out of business pretty quick.

Bohl is going to get another raise. Who is going to pay for that?

GOB1SON
12-22-2011, 03:35 PM
use your degrees from ndsu to figure that out.

That's an intelligent response. I can see you wouldn't get any points for being a graduate.

I made up the scenario above (well some of it) but I am trying to make a point. It won't make anybody feel any better about not getting tickets, but there is a REASON for the process that was put into place.

td577
12-22-2011, 03:36 PM
The whole supply and demand argument is hilarious on here. If everyone that wanted to watch the game could fit in the stadium it wouldn't be on TV. I want to go, I would love to be there, and if the situation happens to where I'm there great, if not thats what ESPN is for.

I would completely agree with you if the NCAA didn't get all bent about being stuck with tickets and selling them to brokers BEFORE allowing the general public to purchase them through their own ticket venue. There was never an honest supply and demand issue here because the brokers are now creating an artificial demand by limiting supply. You will see these brokers simply leak just enough tickets to keep the market price high while price gouging. Is it illegal? No, because it is sponsored by the NCAA. Is it ethical? That is the real question. Is it fair? No way. You were never given the same opportunity to purchase the tickets from the NCAA. They gave blocks of tickets to the brokers while splitting the proceeds. It would actually be a fairer system if the resellers weren't also the brokers. I get that the NCAA wanted to be part of the demand exchange, but they gave some of these brokers the inside track on available tickets instead of the fans. I would have been a lot more comfortable with the entire process if the NCAA had given their own system a chance to sell the tickets through the weekend allowing the participating team's fans an opportunity to purchase tickets. If there were tickets still out there by Monday, then work out the deal with the brokers. Of course, the landscape would have been much different as the supply wouldn't be manipulated.

herdmember
12-22-2011, 03:37 PM
And they're adding to this mess by selling the SRO tickets directly instead of through the schools.

56BISON73
12-22-2011, 03:39 PM
I think you should get your 100 bonus points for being a former letterwinner/athlete.....AFTER you actually JOIN TEAMMAKERS. Start the process. Return the favor. Strictly my opinion, but 100 bonus points is alot of points in this system, and it may help us add a great bunch of new Teammakers.

I like the way you think. Great idea.

56BISON73
12-22-2011, 03:42 PM
I understand that PL.

I could have made up any number of scenario's but I was trying to get at (and didn't do a very good job of) is that at the top levels of donor's, they don't just have 2 seats or 4 seats. Most likely they have 10 or 15 or I know of one business that has 30. How do you tell them no? You don't. You make sure your best customers are taken care of or you go out of business pretty quick.

Bohl is going to get another raise. Who is going to pay for that?

I get what you are saying and totally agree.

bisonmike2
12-22-2011, 03:46 PM
If you want to blame anyone, blame the NCAA. They picked the venue, and they only allocated 4K to each of the universities. In their effort to squeeze every last dime out of this situation they allowed the bidders, Frisco and Pizza Hut Park, to distribute the vast majority of the tickets for themselves which in turn went to local businesses that don't give a damn about this game and scalpers who are out to rape everyone. If this was really about the student athletes and promoting college athletics the NCAA would allot the majority of tickets to the schools playing in the game. 20K seat field, give 9K to each school and then let the bidders have the rest, including what isn't used by a visiting school. The NCAA just signed a multi-billion dollar deal with ESPN, they can more than cover the cost should the game not sell out. I guess what I'm trying to say is the NCAA sucks.

Bison03
If their are Sam Houston fans in the NDSU section, I am going to be pissed. Sell your tickets but please sell them to Bison fans.

missingnumber7
I would completely agree with you if the NCAA didn't get all bent about being stuck with tickets and selling them to brokers BEFORE allowing the general public to purchase them through their own ticket venue. There was never an honest supply and demand issue here because the brokers are now creating an artificial demand by limiting supply. You will see these brokers simply leak just enough tickets to keep the market price high while price gouging. Is it illegal? No, because it is sponsored by the NCAA. Is it ethical? That is the real question. Is it fair? No way. You were never given the same opportunity to purchase the tickets from the NCAA. They gave blocks of tickets to the brokers while splitting the proceeds. It would actually be a fairer system if the resellers weren't also the brokers. I get that the NCAA wanted to be part of the demand exchange, but they gave some of these brokers the inside track on available tickets instead of the fans. I would have been a lot more comfortable with the entire process if the NCAA had given their own system a chance to sell the tickets through the weekend allowing the participating team's fans an opportunity to purchase tickets. If there were tickets still out there by Monday, then work out the deal with the brokers. Of course, the landscape would have been much different as the supply wouldn't be manipulated.And its no different than how the NCAA handles the Bball tourney...just that instead of buying tickets during the season you need to get on the ball and try to buy tickets after the season before. I am just sick of hearing everyone on this board whine about tickets...its just a correlation to how life works. Someone beat everyone to the punch and is going to do very well off of it. And the NCAA is smiling because they sold the tickets...they don't care. I thought about buying tickets after the UNI win but didn't. I guess the message for all of us is have more faith in our team...or just have all the NDSU fans buy tickets during the season...then WHEN we make the game it will be a packed NDSU house, or if by chance we get screwed by a replay official we can rape fans of other teams. You live you learn.

MNLonghorn10
12-22-2011, 03:47 PM
That's an intelligent response. I can see you wouldn't get any points for being a graduate.

I made up the scenario above (well some of it) but I am trying to make a point. It won't make anybody feel any better about not getting tickets, but there is a REASON for the process that was put into place.

lets see. 14x4. 56.
And also im not any of the ones biting fingernails over this. i bought for face on stubhub before lehigh knowin i could just sell them had ndsu lost. i take it one of your degrees wasnt "planning ahead 101". from ndsu?

missingnumber7
12-22-2011, 03:47 PM
If their are Sam Houston fans in the NDSU section, I am going to be pissed. Sell your tickets but please sell them to Bison fans.++++++++++++++++++

CAS4127
12-22-2011, 03:48 PM

Srsly??!!! Where your tickets are located plays a role in priority points??!! That doesn't sound correct. All reserved seats are $25, right?

MNLonghorn10
12-22-2011, 03:50 PM
If you want to blame anyone, blame the NCAA. They picked the venue, and they only allocated 4K to each of the universities. In their effort to squeeze every last dime out of this situation they allowed the bidders, Frisco and Pizza Hut Park, to distribute the vast majority of the tickets for themselves which in turn went to local businesses that don't give a damn about this game and scalpers who are out to rape everyone. If this was really about the student athletes and promoting college athletics the NCAA would allot the majority of tickets to the schools playing in the game. 20K seat field, give 9K to each school and then let the bidders have the rest, including what isn't used by a visiting school. The NCAA just signed a multi-billion dollar deal with ESPN, they can more than cover the cost should the game not sell out. I guess what I'm trying to say is the NCAA sucks.
well yeah then theres that

Kermit
12-22-2011, 03:52 PM
Srsly??!!! Where your tickets are located plays a role in priority points??!! That doesn't sound correct. All reserved seats are $25, right?

Seat location does not play a direct role in priority points. It plays an indirect role in that giving level determines possible seat locations.

CAS4127
12-22-2011, 03:54 PM
Seat location does not play a direct role in priority points. It plays an indirect role in that giving level determines possible seat locations.

That's what I understood, Kerm. Actually, isn't even more accurate to state that seat location plays no role in priority points; but, rather, priority points dictates in large part where your seats are if you want them?

56BISON73
12-22-2011, 04:02 PM
That's what I understood, Kerm. Actually, isn't even more accurate to state that seat location plays no role in priority points; but, rather, priority points dictates in large part where your seats are if you want them?

And you have to PAY the donation to TM to get those seat which in turn gives you priority points.

roadwarrior
12-22-2011, 04:03 PM
... but, rather, priority points dictates in large part where your seats are if you want them?

Your annual Teammakers contribution determines where your seats can be located.

CAS4127
12-22-2011, 04:06 PM
Your annual Teammakers contribution determines where your seats can be located.

OK ROAD!!!!!! PL's post made it sound as though seat/ticket location played a role in priority points. I knew that wasn't the case. So, with what you said, donating to the SHAC fund would not improve a person's seat location, it would just give him/her more priority points when the need comes to use them. Is that what your are sayin', ROAD!!!!!!

roadwarrior
12-22-2011, 04:07 PM
OK ROAD!!!!!! PL's post made it sound as though seat/ticket location played a role in priority points. I knew that wasn't the case. So, with what you said, donating to the SHAC fund would not improve a person's seat location, it would just give him/her more priority points when the need comes to use them. Is that what your are sayin', ROAD!!!!!!

Exactly CAS!

IndyBison
12-22-2011, 05:02 PM

And its no different than how the NCAA handles the Bball tourney...just that instead of buying tickets during the season you need to get on the ball and try to buy tickets after the season before. I am just sick of hearing everyone on this board whine about tickets...its just a correlation to how life works. Someone beat everyone to the punch and is going to do very well off of it. And the NCAA is smiling because they sold the tickets...they don't care. I thought about buying tickets after the UNI win but didn't. I guess the message for all of us is have more faith in our team...or just have all the NDSU fans buy tickets during the season...then WHEN we make the game it will be a packed NDSU house, or if by chance we get screwed by a replay official we can rape fans of other teams. You live you learn.
Good response. I think what most people don't realize is that whatever the allocation is, the school is responsible for ALL of them. If EWU is allocated 9k tickets and they only bring 2k people, they have to eat 7k tickets (@ $45 each would equal a $315k hit to their budget). They could turn them back in for the NCAA to resell them but if they don't they are still on the hook for them.

I was a team host for Nevada in the 2005 NCAA 1st/2nd round BB tourney and they didn't get enough alumni/fans to Indy for the game. It wasn't a huge number but they ended up selling them to brokers to at least get some of their money back.

What I'm sure they try to do is find a number that most schools that make the finals can reach but not so small that they will get squeezed if a school needs more. I'm not sure how many of the other 13k they allocated to local sponsors and brokers and how many were purchased through the NCAA site but I do know they were surprised by the overall demand.

tony
12-22-2011, 05:32 PM
I think the lesson to learn is: Join Team Makers (or bank the money you save by not joining TM and use it to buy tickets on the open market.)

BTW, who knows how many times NDSU will get to the FCS Championship Game? I did a quick count (unaudited) and found that 29 teams have played in the championship game, but only 11 of them have gotten there more than once (and, of those 11, Furman, UMass, Boise State have gone on to FBS.)

Bottom Line: Only EIGHT teams currrently in FCS have played in more than one championship game.

Kind of nice to have some new blood in the Championship Game this year.

Vitojr130
12-22-2011, 05:55 PM
I think the lesson to learn is: Join Team Makers (or bank the money you save by not joining TM and use it to buy tickets on the open market.)

BTW, who knows how many times NDSU will get to the FCS Championship Game? I did a quick count (unaudited) and found that 29 teams have played in the championship game, but only 11 of them have gotten there more than once (and, of those 11, Furman, UMass, Boise State have gone on to FBS.)

Bottom Line: Only EIGHT teams currrently in FCS have played in more than one championship game.

Kind of nice to have some new blood in the Championship Game this year.

I think the lesson for this guy is to buy the ticket as soon as playoffs start next year and if NDSU doesn't make it, resell it for face value or higher, depending upon who makes it.

IndyBison
12-24-2011, 05:38 PM
I think the lesson for this guy is to buy the ticket as soon as playoffs start next year and if NDSU doesn't make it, resell it for face value or higher, depending upon who makes it.
If two teams with small followings make the championship and they all buy their tickets from their school's allotment, you may end up selling your $40 ticket for $10. In the history of the FCS Championship Game, this demand is unprecedented. I still believe the prices are artificially inflated because of a perceived lack of supply. Patience will pay off.