PDA

View Full Version : People are cheap *sses:

4mcruenomore
12-20-2011, 07:31 PM
Really people, it's the national championship game. I come on here and am reading about people bitching about $80 tickets (I'm not saying pay the $600), bitching about the cost of flights, motels, charters. People are car pooling, sleeping in their cars, etc... Jesus, maybe some of you need to get a better job. This is THEEEE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME. When was the last time we went? If it costs $15 extra for a game ticket, or an extra 50 spot to fly, f'n do it! End of rant, carry on.

SafeTeeJ
12-20-2011, 07:35 PM
Lighten up, Francis.

walknroehl
12-20-2011, 07:35 PM
u mad bro?

Bison06
12-20-2011, 07:36 PM
Really people, it's the national championship game. I come on here and am reading about people bitching about $80 tickets (I'm not saying pay the $600), bitching about the cost of flights, motels, charters. People are car pooling, sleeping in their cars, etc... Jesus, maybe some of you need to get a better job. This is THEEEE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME. When was the last time we went? If it costs $15 extra for a game ticket, or an extra 50 spot to fly, f'n do it! End of rant, carry on.

We are in a pretty serious economic downturn if you haven't noticed. Things like this are exactly where people make cut-backs during these times.

I am not one to complain about such things, I just feel the need to explain where people might be coming from.

JustinTyem
12-20-2011, 07:36 PM
Really people, it's the national championship game. I come on here and am reading about people bitching about $80 tickets (I'm not saying pay the $600), bitching about the cost of flights, motels, charters. People are car pooling, sleeping in their cars, etc... Jesus, maybe some of you need to get a better job. This is THEEEE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME. When was the last time we went? If it costs $15 extra for a game ticket, or an extra 50 spot to fly, f'n do it! End of rant, carry on.I dont have a problem with $80,but $700,thats like a SuperBowl ticket. And there is no way could I ever afford a SuperBowl ticket. Heck,Packer tickets are cheaper.

mango
12-20-2011, 07:39 PM
I dont have a problem with $80,but $700,thats like a SuperBowl ticket. And there is no way could I ever afford a SuperBowl ticket. Heck,Packer tickets are cheaper.

Most expensive ticket on StubHub is listed at $1,333, that's ridiculous.

HandoEX
12-20-2011, 07:39 PM
Show me an $80 ticket and I'll buy all you can show. There is nothing out there ANYWHERE right now for under $350 a ticket and the ones that are that cheap are 20+ rows up in the worst section at the stadium.

4mcruenomore
12-20-2011, 07:40 PM
People are bitching all over this website, people are bitching about gas money, bus tickets, someone posted they are sleeping in their car. Holy F*ck.

4mcruenomore
12-20-2011, 07:41 PM
Show me an $80 ticket and I'll buy all you can show. There is nothing out there ANYWHERE right now for under $350 a ticket and the ones that are that cheap are 20+ rows up in the worst section at the stadium.

All day saturday, saturday night up to midnight, there were about 200 tickets on stubhub for $80.

SafeTeeJ
12-20-2011, 07:51 PM
is scalping for a higher cost, legal in TX?

90BISON
12-20-2011, 07:54 PM
All day saturday, saturday night up to midnight, there were about 200 tickets on stubhub for $80.

Yep......bought mine about 3 hours later than I should have on Sat night......still got them WAY before the peak......but I have them, and no looking back.....

HandoEX
12-20-2011, 07:56 PM
And now? That's right, $350 for the worst seats in the house. Obviously not everyone made plans right away to go.

CarringtonBison
12-20-2011, 07:59 PM
And now? That's right, $350 for the worst seats in the house. Obviously not everyone made plans right away to go.
or they are teammakers and put in through gobison.com, thinking "no problem" not realizing the fiasco it would be. Hard to justify 900 flights, hotel room, 600 tickets, food/drink for SIX people. That is almost 10,000 for the game. 4M, if you have that kind of money to throw around, then donate some to the shac so it can get built. end rant rebuttal

scbison91
12-20-2011, 08:02 PM

I bought my on stub hub on Sunday afternoon for $80

roadwarrior
12-20-2011, 08:04 PM
So let's say 5,000 Bison fans travel to Frisco and on the average we spend $1,000 per person on the trip. That is $5,000,000. Double that and the SHAC construction would start next month.

tjbison
12-20-2011, 08:06 PM
I said the hell with it and just ordered shiat, deal with it later.......but thats just me im not here to judge anyone else

go_bison
12-20-2011, 08:06 PM

I was too busy partying and celebrating the win...all day saturday, saturday night, up to midnight and into the morning hours. I follow the coaches rule: 24 hours and then focus on the next opponent. I am not sure if that rule refers to drinking and partying... but I choose to regardless.

THEsocalledfan
12-20-2011, 08:07 PM
While I feel 4mcrue has been insensitive by those hit by the poor economy (forgive me 4m), I can tell you I felt a lot better after going "all in." I bought the flight and hotel without having any idea if I will have a ticket. I agonized, but will try to buy them on the street if I have to before the game. You can't tell me preventing scalping will be enforced as it never is and the ticket brokers will want to unload tickets. I say, sit, wait, and when they hit $80, pounce. If not, roll the dice at the game. I bet we will be rewarded.

Did I mention I like to gamble sometimes?

BlueBisonRock
12-20-2011, 08:12 PM
While I feel 4mcrue has been insensitive by those hit by the poor economy (forgive me 4m), I can tell you I felt a lot better after going "all in." I bought the flight and hotel without having any idea if I will have a ticket. I agonized, but will try to buy them on the street if I have to before the game. You can't tell me preventing scalping will be enforced as it never is and the ticket brokers will want to unload tickets. I say, sit, wait, and when they hit $80, pounce. If not, roll the dice at the game. I bet we will be rewarded.

I have to admit. This is as calm as I have seen you.....

BISONBRI53
12-20-2011, 08:15 PM
People are bitching all over this website, people are bitching about gas money, bus tickets, someone posted they are sleeping in their car. Holy F*ck.

Who cares! Is this going to make your trip there any worse? Holy F*ck is right that people are that worked up about going to see their team play and are doing it no matter what! EASE UP DUDE!!!

MNLonghorn10
12-20-2011, 08:21 PM
i was a cheap ass buyin my game tickets back on the 10th. i shoulda bought a lot more and gone to this game for free. FML

Vitojr130
12-20-2011, 08:22 PM

People aren't made of money in case you haven't noticed...

NorthernBison
12-20-2011, 08:29 PM
I'm assuming that 4M was at all 9 games at the Fargodome and the Gopher game. If not, he's got no moral high ground to preach from.

I could afford the cost of the trip. I can't afford to take the time.

IndyBison
12-20-2011, 08:30 PM

If you really like to gamble and wait a little longer I think you end up for less than $40. Pull the trigger when you feel good about it though.

CAS4127
12-20-2011, 08:32 PM
If you really like to gamble and wait a little longer I think you end up for less than $40. Pull the trigger when you feel good about it though.

I gotta feeling . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Hammerhead
12-20-2011, 08:44 PM
I bought 2 tickets in row 6 of the end zone for $264.55 through stubhub a couple of hours after the game and read about the tickets going fast. Other than up high on the corners, those were the best seats that didn't cost several hundred dollars. Airfare, hotel, and rental car are going to be about $1,000. I just couldn't spend money on airfare and then hope I could get tickets from a scalper.

This will be my 2nd national championship game. A friend and I took a bus that was sponsored by the student government or the alumni association down to Florence in 1986.

Wally
12-20-2011, 08:50 PM
Not going to bitch about people bitching about money but I will say it sounds like not many were proactive, like 2-3 weeks ago proactive. Flights could have been had relatively cheap, throw on travel insurance to hedge your bet. Could have bought game tix as well for $45 and if our game didn't go the right way, sell them to the other teams fans like alphagriz or make some cash on the. Just my 2¢

HandoEX
12-20-2011, 09:04 PM
I'm assuming that 4M was at all 9 games at the Fargodome and the Gopher game. If not, he's got no moral high ground to preach from.

I could afford the cost of the trip. I can't afford to take the time.
Yeah 4M, were you at all the home games?
/stir
:duel:

bisonmike2
12-20-2011, 09:13 PM
Watching the game from home...going to Vegas in March and Disney World in May. Can't squeeze this one out. But I'm not worried. We're gonna keep this train rolling for a couple years anyway. I'll show up at the back-to-back championship party. :)

bison93
12-20-2011, 09:14 PM
As soon as the GSU game was over I got on my laptop and got rooms for $80/night and 25 yard line row 5 tickets for $95/each from stubhub. I knew tickets were going to be an issue with Sam Houston playing in their back yard. I believe there will be tickets available.. just be patient as we'll all know more after Thursday.. :cheers:

jimmyptubas
12-20-2011, 09:22 PM
ticketsnow.com is another website but they are looking worse than stub hub...tix range from 435 - 700. There were ticket gougings like this at the gopher game this years al well.

4mcruenomore
12-20-2011, 09:28 PM
Yeah 4M, were you at all the home games?
/stir
:duel:

Easy to say when you live in town. Try living 300 miles away in a different time zone dick

jimmyptubas
12-20-2011, 09:31 PM
So, if you're saying it's not always possible to drive 300 miles, then maybe for some it's not possible to drive 1034 miles!

TransAmBison
12-20-2011, 09:31 PM

Did I mention I like to gamble sometimes?Is it really gambling when the deck is stacked in your favor?

BlueBisonRock
12-20-2011, 09:33 PM
Easy to say when you live in town. Try living 300 miles away in a different time zone dick

350 miles, but same timezone. Includes driving through the Maple Grove parking lot. Nine of Nine plus two away. (three less than the Roadmeister). Richard! ;)

bisonhp330
12-20-2011, 09:34 PM

why all the hate? you have tickets to the championship game......plan to get there- the stadium is going to be full....what difference it make to you if people pony up the big $$$$ for tickets.......unless.......selling some on stubhub are we?:innocent:

(take a deeeeeeeep breath before the aneurysm jk-lighten up)

HerdBot
12-20-2011, 09:37 PM
I know you mean well but the cheapest pair on stub hub is $400. I can afford it but others in my crew cannot . its not that they are cheap , one of my buddies only makes 2 grand a month . How can he afford a 6-700 trip during the holiday season without whipping out a credit card. I've probably spent an extra $4-500 on the 3 home playoff games with tickets , food, alcohol!

This is a luxury . if you can afford it, great , but don't rip on others!

TransAmBison
12-20-2011, 09:41 PM
I know you mean well but the cheapest pair on stub hub is $400. I can afford it but others in my crew cannot . its not that they are cheap , one of my buddies only makes 2 grand a month . How can he afford a 6-700 trip during the holiday season without whipping out a credit card. I've probably spent an extra $4-500 on the 3 home playoff games with tickets , food, alcohol!

This is a luxury . if you can afford it, great , but don't rip on others!You're a drunk!

bison once
12-20-2011, 09:55 PM
Just lock down your flight and hotel reservations. I would encourage people without tickets to just be patient. Flight prices will go up, ticket prices are at the ceiling and paying stupid prices will only drive them up.

This ticket shit can't end soon enough! At some point it would be nice to discuss the game!

DjKyRo
12-20-2011, 10:06 PM
Well, when you've got jagoffs like this guy (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?103426-Just-Sold-4-Sideline-Seats-On-eBay-to-a-Bison-Fan-for-399-Each&p=1755973&viewfull=1#post1755973) polluting the market with a "stick it to 'em" mentality, ticket prices are going up.

In spirit of the "stir the pot" deal, though, why would traveling 300+ miles for each home game be a problem, 4m? Suck it up!

td577
12-20-2011, 10:07 PM
ticketsnow.com is another website but they are looking worse than stub hub...tix range from 435 - 700. There were ticket gougings like this at the gopher game this years al well.

What is interesting about all these sites out there is many of them are under the same ownership. They sell the tickets on multiple websites at multiple different prices. When they are sold, they pull all those seats off all the sites and then leak a few more tickets out there.

CaBisonFan
12-20-2011, 10:12 PM

Yep...this has most of the elements of a major bowl game. Nothing cheap about it. Not saying I like the prices...just sayin' that we've entered the big-time...so get the credit cards ready.

We all wanted this...right?

IndyBison
12-20-2011, 10:15 PM
What is interesting about all these sites out there is many of them are under the same ownership. They sell the tickets on multiple websites at multiple different prices. When they are sold, they pull all those seats off all the sites and then leak a few more tickets out there.
I'm willing to bet a lot of them are different front ends to the same database. Think of it as an airline that owns the seats on a plane but allows other sites (i.e. Travelocity, Orbitz, travel agencies) to access the tickets. The front end site gets a commission for helping with the sale but the back end site handles all the inventory and infrastructure.

CaBisonFan
12-20-2011, 10:17 PM
I'm willing to bet a lot of them are different front ends to the same database. Think of it as an airline that owns the seats on a plane but allows other sites (i.e. Travelocity, Orbitz, travel agencies) to access the tickets. The front end site gets a commission for helping with the sale but the back end site handles all the inventory and infrastructure.

This would be accurate. Good description.

HandoEX
12-20-2011, 10:17 PM
A real fan would not move away, bro! Lol

CAS4127
12-20-2011, 10:19 PM

You know . . . . . . that concept may be generally applicable to many things-->just sayin'!

northendzone
12-20-2011, 10:21 PM
The market says sell - if I was a casual fan and had tickets I would be selling right now (Pay 45, sell for 200+) - the fact that very few new tickets presented on stubhub today to sell tells me tickets aren't available yet, enough said. Someone is holding them.

stevdock
12-20-2011, 10:34 PM
Gotta love threads like this. 4MCrue might as well as just said you're not a real Bison fan if you can't make the game. At least that's how I initially read it. I've been to every home game basically since the dome opened including all 4 playoff games. I don't know how many times I've been asked by people since Saturday who know me if I am going to Texas for the game and I've had to tell every single one of them no it's not going to happen this year. Does it suck to say that?? Absolutely but some of us have to live in reality and spending $1000 a person to go is just not happening this year. Instead we'll either host a viewing party or go to one and have a blast. Not the same as being there as we all know, but that's what's happening for us. Get over yourself if you have a problem with this.

THEsocalledfan
12-20-2011, 10:41 PM
Gotta love threads like this. 4MCrue might as well as just said you're not a real Bison fan if you can't make the game. At least that's how I initially read it. I've been to every home game basically since the dome opened including all 4 playoff games. I don't know how many times I've been asked by people since Saturday who know me if I am going to Texas for the game and I've had to tell every single one of them no it's not going to happen this year. Does it suck to say that?? Absolutely but some of us have to live in reality and spending $1000 a person to go is just not happening this year. Instead we'll either host a viewing party or go to one and have a blast. Not the same as being there as we all know, but that's what's happening for us. Get over yourself if you have a problem with this.

Stevedock, I get being frustrated about 4m, but I don't follow the $1000. I can 100% guarentee I can help you do it for less than that.

katstrapper
12-20-2011, 10:44 PM

Problem is that it isnt only costing $15 more a ticket. Tickets for game are going for $175 each at the least. And that isnt sideline either.

stevdock
12-20-2011, 10:48 PM
1000 might be high but considering on the news they were saying charter with everything included was like 1300. Also a few in this thread thru out that number too so I went with it.

rutlandbison
12-20-2011, 10:58 PM
Not everybody is living off that oil money.:)

I kid of course. I cannot go because I am student teaching next semester. I would love to go, but they frown on me missing days. You will have to cheer for both of us.

4mcruenomore
12-20-2011, 11:36 PM
If I was to say I bought 12 tickets 3 weeks ago, and I am selling them for a few hundred dollars now.......

NDSUFan_Sav
12-20-2011, 11:38 PM
If I was to say I bought 12 tickets 3 weeks ago, and I am selling them for a few hundred dollars now.......

i'd buy one from you...when you give it to me i'd beat you up and take all of them and leave you on the street and say thanks for the tix time to go make me that $$$$$

stevdock
12-20-2011, 11:39 PM

Based on last years attendance of 13000 thats taking quite the risk. I'll be interested to see exactly how full the stadium actually is.

CaBisonFan
12-21-2011, 12:03 AM
Those are some awfully progressive ideas 4m.

Answer Guy
12-21-2011, 01:38 AM
Will this game be on tv?

(I'm a cheap ass.)

4mcruenomore
12-21-2011, 01:43 AM
Will this game be on tv?

(I'm a cheap ass.)

I saw you posting over in the "Go Sam Houston" thread, get bored over there?

56BISON73
12-21-2011, 01:47 AM
Well, when you've got jagoffs like this guy (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?103426-Just-Sold-4-Sideline-Seats-On-eBay-to-a-Bison-Fan-for-399-Each&p=1755973&viewfull=1#post1755973) polluting the market with a "stick it to 'em" mentality, ticket prices are going up.

In spirit of the "stir the pot" deal, though, why would traveling 300+ miles for each home game be a problem, 4m? Suck it up!

Yeah try a thousand.

Answer Guy
12-21-2011, 01:48 AM

Not at all. Just usually more UND info here.

4mcruenomore
12-21-2011, 01:52 AM
Not at all. Just usually more UND info here.

You are totally missing out on the discussion of FCS vs. IAA, DaveK is very enlightening on teh subject.

BlueBisonRock
12-21-2011, 01:57 AM
Yeah try a thousand.

That beats my piddly 350 one way, but I do go home between games.

Just sayin'

And, I am not a waste of protoplasm

Butt I do buy from ProtoHub Tickets!

Bison03
12-21-2011, 08:28 PM

If you want a good laugh, go read that thread on ss. And I thought that according to them WE were obsessed with them. The best part is the guy on there saying an FCS championship is not a "real" DI championship since it is not the top level of DI. Unlike hockey which is. Funny stuff over there.

NorthernBison
12-21-2011, 08:41 PM
If you want a good laugh, go read that thread on ss. And I thought that according to them WE were obsessed with them. The best part is the guy on there saying an FCS championship is not a "real" DI championship since it is not the top level of DI. Unlike hockey which is. Funny stuff over there.

There was a time when I smacked hockey. Apparently it is very hard to win a "real" Championship at the HIGHEST level of College hockey. UND hasn't won a title since the 20th Century. It must be tough to do.

Oops! Looks like Duluth pulled it off.

THEsocalledfan
12-21-2011, 09:27 PM
There was a time when I smacked hockey. Apparently it is very hard to win a "real" Championship at the HIGHEST level of College hockey. UND hasn't won a title since the 20th Century. It must be tough to do.

Oops! Looks like Duluth pulled it off.

I follow Bulldog hockey. Those morons up there worship Hackstol who the equivalent of Marty Shotenheimer from the NFL; can't win the game that counts. Realize that when Blais left, they could have stolen Sandelin, a former Sioux player from UMD, but they instead chose Hackstol.

By the way, didn't we already establish there are more FCS teams than D1 hockey teams and that NDSU football is the biggest sporting event in the state?

TransAmBison
12-21-2011, 09:31 PM
I follow Bulldog hocket.Tell me more about this "hocket". Is it anything like butthocket?

4mcruenomore
12-21-2011, 11:48 PM
Tell me more about this "hocket". Is it anything like butthocket?

Oh yeah, FCS Championship, big deal, we have Hocket, ButtHocket.