PDA

View Full Version : Dallas?

Vitojr130
12-20-2011, 05:55 PM
Does anybody know of anything fun to do in Dallas for someone under the age of 21? I googled it, but results showed a crappier version of Thunder and the like.

CAS4127
12-20-2011, 05:57 PM
Does anybody know of anything fun to do in Dallas for someone under the age of 21? I googled it, but results showed a crappier version of Thunder and the like.

I heard there was a high-profile shooting there once . . . . . . . . .

THEsocalledfan
12-20-2011, 05:57 PM

If over 18, I am betting you may have some folks who may help you bend a few rules on this trip. Otherwise, you may be stuck watching Harry Potter in the hotel.

Vitojr130
12-20-2011, 06:00 PM
If over 18, I am betting you may have some folks who may help you bend a few rules on this trip. Otherwise, you may be stuck watching Harry Potter in the hotel.

Haha The sad thing is that my 21st is at the end of January and not the beginning. I already plan on "bending a few rules" at the hotel (because the bars are out of the question), but I was more-so wondering about places to see and amusement parks and the like. I was indeed thinking about the JFK memorial, but I'm not sure yet.

MN_BISON
12-20-2011, 06:04 PM
Hookers and blow, yes it's still illegal but not just for those under 21, so if you're going to end up in the joint, do it in style. If that doesn't work for you, I hear they have a lot of nice churches and playgrounds in the DFW metro.

BFKasper14
12-20-2011, 06:25 PM
There are a couple really cool arcades down there!

MNLonghorn10
12-20-2011, 06:27 PM
six flags, mavericks game/stars game?, go see where jfk got shot. im sure theres ton of things.

bring some beverages down from fargo to pregame

GoNDSUBison
12-20-2011, 06:33 PM
I would recommend going to the Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza. I am a JFK buff myself and have been to it 3 times (twice inside the museum). It really is awesome in a historical way- but of course very sad. I actually met Robert Groden outside the museum once...he is one of the leading experts on the assassination....he was also the chief consultant to Oliver Stone throughout the filming of the movie JFK.
Ok...I know I am a dork...but really, you should go to it.

MNLonghorn10
12-20-2011, 06:34 PM
ive been to it once too, it is pretty spooky looking through the window..

90BISON
12-20-2011, 06:39 PM
It's been quite a few years since I've been down there, but stayed in Arlington for a week......as I recall there were a ton of things to do around there that you don't have to be "of age" to do..... Might be the wrong time of year for a lot of them though, more seasonal activities/places.....

Greenie
12-20-2011, 06:43 PM
It will be wild-card weekend in the NFL. 2 games on Saturday and 2 on Sunday. Cowboys could have a home game if they win their division.

Dallas Mavericks play New Orleans Hornets on Saturday night

IndyBison
12-20-2011, 06:45 PM
Cotton Bowl game is Friday night.

HandoEX
12-20-2011, 06:45 PM
Six Flags closes on the 4th.

Vitojr130
12-20-2011, 06:49 PM
It will be wild-card weekend in the NFL. 2 games on Saturday and 2 on Sunday. Cowboys could have a home game if they win their division.

Dallas Mavericks play New Orleans Hornets on Saturday night

This would be fun, but I am not staying that late into a Sunday for an NFL game.

GoNDSUBison
12-20-2011, 06:49 PM
It is spooky.....I'm not sayin I'm a believer in the conspiracy...but it is interesting.....read up on the assassination before you go and it will make it an even cooler experience....

Six Flags Over Texas in Arlington is super fun, but it will be closed when we are there.

If I were you, I would be googling restaurants...they have SO MANY to pick from and if I weren't 21, I would be going for the food (Hell I am 21, and I am excited about the restaurants)

If you find it interesting, visiting Southfork Ranch where "Dallas" was filmed is actually pretty cool. If you don't know that show, then it won't be worth it.......but then again, I am not sure if it will be open then.

DFWfootballfan
12-20-2011, 07:27 PM
def go visit 6th floor museum. Also a few other recommendations are taking a tour of Texas Stadium aka Jerryworld. Its worth the price to take the tour and it lasts a while. Also the Gaylord Texan is a very nice huge resort thats worth seeing. Downtown Ft Worth is very nice and not far from there is the Ft Worth stockyards with many restaurants.

you will find lots, its just not all in one area because its so spread out. I also recommend seeing the Mavericks or Stars if they are in town.

Gobison88
12-20-2011, 07:28 PM
I would recommend going to the Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza. I am a JFK buff myself and have been to it 3 times (twice inside the museum). It really is awesome in a historical way- but of course very sad. I actually met Robert Groden outside the museum once...he is one of the leading experts on the assassination....he was also the chief consultant to Oliver Stone throughout the filming of the movie JFK.
Ok...I know I am a dork...but really, you should go to it.

^^^^^^^^^this^^^^^^^^^.

Historic and emotional....just as the weekend will be when the Bison are called CHAMPIONS!

Bison"FANatic"
12-20-2011, 08:39 PM
Definitely going to be hitting up the Sixth Floor Mueseum. I have been on the street in those areas but never into the museum.

Also here are some Drivers Dine in and dives videos for Dallas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJLazX-rCiQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtO7j9FJd0E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f332y4goyPk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gi1qgJe14ts

GoNDSUBison
12-20-2011, 08:49 PM
I can't tell what videos were just posted as it's blocked by my work from Triple D's...but if Twisted Root Buger Co is one of them, I second it....it is super good!

MNLonghorn10
12-20-2011, 09:18 PM
im drooling over some of these burgers from those ddd videos. however this is my favorite burger(the buffalo burger) on the planet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCuN9DV8d88

IndyBison
12-20-2011, 09:33 PM
def go visit 6th floor museum. Also a few other recommendations are taking a tour of Texas Stadium aka Jerryworld. Its worth the price to take the tour and it lasts a while. Also the Gaylord Texan is a very nice huge resort thats worth seeing. Downtown Ft Worth is very nice and not far from there is the Ft Worth stockyards with many restaurants.

you will find lots, its just not all in one area because its so spread out. I also recommend seeing the Mavericks or Stars if they are in town.
A fellow NDSU grad took me to Joe T. Garcia's when I was in DFW for meetings this Fall. I highly recommend it for good Tex Mex. It's located north of downtown Fort Worth near the stockyards.

Bison bison
12-20-2011, 10:19 PM
Joe T. Garcias gets a thumbs up from me as well.

IzzyFlexion
12-22-2011, 12:37 PM
Haha The sad thing is that my 21st is at the end of January and not the beginning. I already plan on "bending a few rules" at the hotel (because the bars are out of the question), but I was more-so wondering about places to see and amusement parks and the like. I was indeed thinking about the JFK memorial, but I'm not sure yet.

The JFK memorial at the Texas School Book Depository (The 6th Floor) is the most incredible museum experience I've ever had. GO THERE!
And, don't skimp. Get the audio guide headphones. I went with three other guys and all of us left the tour and couldn't really even talk. It's that powerful.

Bison"FANatic"
12-22-2011, 01:32 PM
The JFK memorial at the Texas School Book Depository (The 6th Floor) is the most incredible museum experience I've ever had. GO THERE!
And, don't skimp. Get the audio guide headphones. I went with three other guys and all of us left the tour and couldn't really even talk. It's that powerful.

Doesn't surprise me. I stood by you at tailgaiting for a few hours and you didn't have much to say then either.:biggrin:

TransAmBison
12-22-2011, 01:50 PM
Doesn't surprise me. I stood by you at tailgaiting for a few hours and you didn't have much to say then either.:biggrin:
I think he was busy concentrating on staying upright.

onbison09
12-22-2011, 02:08 PM

The Holocaust museum is right by there and is pretty good.

IzzyFlexion
12-23-2011, 06:37 PM
I think he was busy concentrating on staying upright.

Since I started my "waif model diet", I've had trouble holding my liquor* (*TWSS).
In fact, I've lost so much weight that if I stand sideways, you can't even see me. And I always used to think that that was just a silly myth.