PDA

View Full Version : NDSU/GSU replay tonight at 11pm

JSUBison
12-20-2011, 03:04 AM
Reminder for those that were at the game and couldn't record it and want to see it. ESPNU at 11pm central/12 eastern. I know the espn thing has been beat to death here, but it sure is nice to watch a quality broadcast of NDSU on tv. If you thought Heagle was awesome from the seats in the dome, just wait until you watch him on the broadcast with the slo-mo and replays. Announcers pimped him all game long.

I'm not looking forward to regular season next year and the return of hooking up my laptop and watching gobison streaming.

NDSU92
12-20-2011, 04:01 AM
So cool, can't wait till we're on espn 2!!

BisonPride72
12-20-2011, 04:03 AM
Just switched over from the Steelers Monday night game to watch a team play a great game unlike Pittsburgh tonight.

jimmyptubas
12-20-2011, 04:05 AM
Thanks for the heads up..i have it on now too! My original recording got deleted from my DVR.

Boy
12-20-2011, 04:12 AM
watching

(10 char)

Boy
12-20-2011, 04:25 AM
just showed the first td. The replay as they cut away to the commercial showed no push off like the DA announcer said. He said it because the defender begged for the push off.

DjKyRo
12-20-2011, 04:28 AM
I hope we win this time.

BaillyBison
12-20-2011, 04:32 AM
Anyone notice their punter limping very noticably before the running into the kicker was called. After the flag was thrown and penalty is announced he is walking just fine. Gotta love those punters!!

Boy
12-20-2011, 04:36 AM
I hope we win this time.

I almost posted on their board to watch and maybe they would win this time but I didn't want to be that guy on their board. If some smart aleck did that here, it would be classless.

bisonnation1
12-20-2011, 04:57 AM
Looks like their full back is leaning forward at the start Of almost every play. Looks like it could be a false start a few times so far

TbonZach
12-20-2011, 04:58 AM
Damn it! GSU just scored! Come on, Bison! Stop them!

Boy
12-20-2011, 04:59 AM
they just showed Tatanka. looked like he was saying Bu!!sh!t to the guy next to him.

Boy
12-20-2011, 05:01 AM
being there was definately more fun than watching the replay!

TbonZach
12-20-2011, 05:06 AM
being there was definately more fun than watching the replay!

I don't care how many times I see Jensen's block for Holloway or his 55 yard run - they are awesome every time.

BadlandsBison
12-20-2011, 05:30 AM
In the second half the camera zooms in on gsu's coach. He screams at Jaybo "I don't care, go outside!" The next play Jaybo fakes the dive and procedes to get hammered by the golden eagle. KAAAAW

tony
12-20-2011, 05:54 AM
Heh, watching the replay too. DeShawn Dinwiddie is going to need an ass transplant because Coach Bohl chewed it completely off after that running into the punter call.

MNLonghorn10
12-20-2011, 11:13 AM
who ended up winning the match?

http://www.filmbuffonline.com/FBOLNewsreel/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/Zoolander1.jpg

ndsubison1
12-20-2011, 12:01 PM
did we win?

Yellow
12-20-2011, 01:22 PM

http://www.filmbuffonline.com/FBOLNewsreel/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/Zoolander1.jpg

State.

10char

spelunker64
12-20-2011, 01:24 PM
2-0 vs GSU this year, NICE

4mcruenomore
12-20-2011, 01:29 PM

Why aren't you watching replays of Texas instead? Aren't they in the Preparation-H Medicated Suppositories.com Bowl?

SDbison
12-20-2011, 03:40 PM

http://www.filmbuffonline.com/FBOLNewsreel/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/Zoolander1.jpg Did you just call a football game a match? Wtf?

tjbison
12-20-2011, 03:50 PM
what sucked is it was edited for time, granted alot was boring ut I wanted the entire game.

they even missed the Jemison 4th down stop for the dagger

Bison03
12-20-2011, 04:08 PM
Watching the Bison on HD with an ESPN production was awesome. Crowd colors looked great. You could truly hear how loud the crowd was. I did notice mics in the stands on saturday. Announcers were pretty good other then calling Coulter Boyer Colten Boyer and giving Vigen about 5 ways to now pronounce his name. They talked up the triple option like it was the greatest thing to football since the forward pass. Even in the 4th quarter when they were down by 21 points, they were still giving them a shot. I think when we all saw Sam punch it in to go up 21, we all knew it was over. What impressed me the most seeing it again was our last two scoring drives. 9 plays, 92 yards, all rushing; and 8 plays, 56 yards, all rushing. We only completed 3 passes for 19 yards in the second half, but punched them in the mouth and rushed for 241 yards in the second half.

MNLonghorn10
12-20-2011, 04:11 PM
Did you just call a football game a match? Wtf?
u missed zoolander

SDbison
12-20-2011, 04:17 PM
u missed zoolander Oh I saw it.......about 10 years ago and forgot.

99Bison
12-20-2011, 04:24 PM
We looked fast on TV.

imabison
12-20-2011, 04:58 PM
what sucked is it was edited for time, granted alot was boring ut I wanted the entire game.

they even missed the Jemison 4th down stop for the dagger

Yup, I recorded it, however watching it was really frustration when they showed the front of the Fargodome, and then the "due to time restraints we will skip" and then it was cut. I think it happened 3 times in the first quarter. Oh well, I guess I have the best parts recorded.

CaBisonFan
12-20-2011, 05:22 PM
Anyone know if this is going to be on again?

KC Bison
12-20-2011, 07:15 PM
This sucks to read this today. I guess I lose for not checking BV every few hours.

TateMosersneighbor
12-20-2011, 07:22 PM
If anyone is aware of how I could get my hands on a DVD copy of the semifinal game, that'd be great.

PM and I'll check it when I figure out how to check it.

Thank you!

bisonmike2
12-21-2011, 05:23 PM
Hadn't seen this set of highlights from the GS game.

http://www.ncaa.com/video/football/2011-12-17/georgia-southern-north-dakota-state

bri-dog
12-21-2011, 05:34 PM
If anyone is aware of how I could get my hands on a DVD copy of the semifinal game, that'd be great.

Thank you!

I PMd you a couple days ago. Check "Notifications" way at the top of the page.

CaBisonFan
12-21-2011, 05:40 PM

Thank you!

I'm going to work on it when I'm back in CA. That'll be shortly after Christmas. The newer DVRs are a little tougher shell to crack.

Vitojr130
12-21-2011, 05:49 PM

Hey, I would like a copy as well. I'm working on a project (for myself and maybe a few bisonvillers) that requires better quality film than what is provided by Youtube highlights. Please and thanks!

CaBisonFan
12-21-2011, 05:51 PM
Hey, I would like a copy as well. I'm working on a project (for myself and maybe a few bisonvillers) that requires better quality film than what is provided by Youtube highlights. Please and thanks!

Agreed...to preserve these it needs to be a true digital quality. I would imagine that some of these games will become available for purchase at some point.

Vitojr130
12-21-2011, 05:54 PM
Hadn't seen this set of highlights from the GS game.

http://www.ncaa.com/video/football/2011-12-17/georgia-southern-north-dakota-state

I can proudly say I saw myself standing behind thundar in the first few seconds!

HerdBot
12-21-2011, 06:09 PM
Awesome on the replay ! its great exposure to be on espnu twice in HD with a kick ass production! Hopefully a future recruit or parents saw the game and thought "what a badass stadium ! I didn't realize that North Dakota had a big time school !" Worst case someone flipping through the channels and saw the gold jersey and coolest helmet in football and was curious who we are. maybe they actually know we exist. or maybe a rich alumni living somewhere sees the game and is beaming with pride and writes a check

TateMosersneighbor
12-21-2011, 10:16 PM

I found the PM...sent you one. Thank you.

I'd like to see NDSU put out a DVD of everygame for this year and every year. I'd pay for that.

BisonCountry
12-21-2011, 11:42 PM
They did a DVD for our 10-1 transitional year....almost guarantee there will be one for this year....

Here is another great leehoedl production:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgNySavqueM

CAS4127
12-21-2011, 11:52 PM
Not to change subjects, but, upon further review, I am convinced of what I saw during the game-->GSU was not running a true TO. Kudos to our coaches for recognizing that. Now the question is whether SHSU actually does. If not, we play the same type of D scheme with some wrinkles. If so, we have a different animal on our hands. Thank god for 3 weeks to figure it out.

TateMosersneighbor
12-22-2011, 12:48 AM
Not to change subjects, but, upon further review, I am convinced of what I saw during the game-->GSU was not running a true TO. Kudos to our coaches for recognizing that. Now the question is whether SHSU actually does. If not, we play the same type of D scheme with some wrinkles. If so, we have a different animal on our hands. Thank god for 3 weeks to figure it out.

Whatever it was, it didn't work very well.

I think Sam throws it a bit more against us, 25 times even. Their QB is about as big as my 9 year old, so he'll be sore the next day. Their OL and DL are good, again the key will be our offense...plenty of runs right up their ass should be the ticket.

Gully
12-22-2011, 12:50 AM

By that you mean that everything was predetermined prior to the snap?

CAS4127
12-22-2011, 12:55 AM
@Gully: No, not the dive play. But after that, if it was a keep read, that was not a true option we saw. Consequently, we gave them a dive read and knew it was coming for the most part. When we didn't, here comes #20. Watch it more-->you'll see what I am sayin'.

CaBisonFan
12-22-2011, 12:56 AM

Whatever it was...it wasn't run very well. Take nothing away from our defense...but their option game wasn't very deceptive. Their QB telegraphed the pitch.

CAS4127
12-22-2011, 12:59 AM
@Ca: Right, because if QB kept the ball, he didn't really "option" a defender.

daddy daycare
12-22-2011, 12:59 AM
Whatever it was...it wasn't run very well. Take nothing away from our defense...but their option game wasn't very deceptive. Their QB telegraphed the pitch.

Classic example was the 4th down stop near the goal line. Qb pitched before the defender committed and left the RB out to dry.

CAS4127
12-22-2011, 01:02 AM
Classic example was the 4th down stop near the goal line. Qb pitched before the defender committed and left the RB out to dry.

Exactly my point about not "optioning" a defender!! Perfect example. U r an elite FB mind-->don't care what anyone says.

BisonCountry
12-22-2011, 01:03 AM
@Gully: No, not the dive play. But after that, if it was a keep read, that was not a true option we saw. Consequently, we gave them a dive read and knew it was coming for the most part. When we didn't, here comes #20. Watch it more-->you'll see what I am sayin'.

Wondering if they made this change after the fumble off the fake dive that gave us the first TD. After watching the replay of the game, still shocked that they didn't try more misdirection the way we were flowing/pursuing to the ball. Obviously we found the misdirection quite beneficial on Offense. :)

CaBisonFan
12-22-2011, 01:04 AM

I can't wait to get home to watch the game on TV. I kept asking myself what they were actually running. Things happened too fast for me. Looks like you guys figured it out.

CaBisonFan
12-22-2011, 01:06 AM
Exactly my point about not "optioning" a defender!! Perfect example. U r an elite FB mind-->don't care what anyone says.

And you're a helluva guy CAS...I don't care what anyone else says.

Did I get the write colour?

CAS4127
12-22-2011, 01:06 AM
Wondering if they made this change after the fumble off the fake dive that gave us the first TD. After watching the replay of the game, still shocked that they didn't try more misdirection the way we were flowing/pursuing to the ball. Obviously we found the misdirection quite beneficial on Offense. :)

Tru dat Vigen lover, but our "trail" technique defender stayed with his assignment, their's didn't. Whoops!!

CaBisonFan
12-22-2011, 01:11 AM
Does anyone know if SHSU does quiet a bit of pass-run option? Er...do they use more of a pro-style pocket passing game?

IndyBison
12-22-2011, 04:55 AM
All this talk of the option reminds me of one of the funniest things I've heard on the football field. I was officiating a HS game a few years ago and the visiting team ran a pretty good option offense. The QB faked the dive and started down the line of scrimmage. He pulled up and threw a pass to a wide open receiver who caught it and ran it in for a TD. As they were lining up for the kickoff I heard the coach ask the obviously burned DB, "what were you doing?"

His response was "Coach, I came up to cover the option."

Coach: "The pass is one of his options!"