PDA

View Full Version : You Had to be There.

MarkyMark
12-20-2011, 03:00 AM
I went to the GSU game really early on Saturday. I have been going to Bison games since the mid-90's. This was one of my favorite Bison games that I have watched in person. It was right up there with the come from behind win against Sam Houston, the 2011 UNI game and all of the games against MN. You can catch all of the highlight videos of the great plays from Saturday but here were so many cool things to take in at the dome that you may have missed if you watched it on TV.

Here are my favorite non-football related images from Saturday's game.

1. Bohl's pregame lap around the field high fiving all the fans.

2. The applause from Bison fans for every group of Bison players walking out for pre-game warm-ups.

3. That Bison fans actually did the Green and Gold Color combo. It looked great, it made me proud of our area of the country.

4. Most Bison fans were in their seats long before the Thundar video.

5. They played "How You Like Me Now Video" at halftime. My new all time favorite Bison highlight video. Would love to see it updated with more playoff video after the season. Play it during every halftime next season. Make a basketball one too.

6. The classiness of GSU's players. I felt they never gave up and they never took any cheap shots even when they fell way behind.

7. The wave. It's corny but what else are you going to do during those unending commercial breaks?

8. The rush of Bison players over to the Bison student section. The picture on the front page of the forum on Sunday captured it perfectly.

9. The GSU players gathering with their fans after the game. You could tell they by their body language how much this loss hurt. They were a confidant bunch and expected to win. They made sure to go thank their other group of GSU fans over by our Bison student section as well.

10. Bison gathered at midfield for prayer after the game.

Kermit
12-20-2011, 04:38 AM
I went to the GSU game really early on Saturday. I have been going to Bison games since the mid-90's. This was one of my favorite Bison games that I have watched in person. It was right up there with the come from behind win against Sam Houston, the 2011 UNI game and all of the games against MN. You can catch all of the highlight videos of the great plays from Saturday but here were so many cool things to take in at the dome that you may have missed if you watched it on TV.

2. The applause from Bison fans for every group of Bison players walking out for pre-game warm-ups.

3. That Bison fans actually did the Green and Gold Color combo. It looked great, it made me proud of our area of the country.

5. They played "How You Like Me Now Video" at halftime. My new all time favorite Bison highlight video. Would love to see it updated with more playoff video after the season. Play it during every halftime next season. Make a basketball one too.

6. The classiness of GSU's players. I felt they never gave up and they never took any cheap shots even when they fell way behind.

7. The wave. It's corny but what else are you going to do during those unending commercial breaks?

8. The rush of Bison players over to the Bison student section. The picture on the front page of the forum on Sunday captured it perfectly.

9. The GSU players gathering with their fans after the game. You could tell they by their body language how much this loss hurt. They were a confidant bunch and expected to win. They made sure to go thank their other group of GSU fans over by our Bison student section as well.

Great post! You need to post more often!

missingnumber7
12-20-2011, 01:13 PM

They stood in front of their band for their alma mater...I think that is a cool tradition, lots of schools do that you just don't see it that often. Army/Navy is probably the most prominent.

DrZ
12-20-2011, 02:47 PM
I really think we should start doing this. Awsome show of respect for the Green and Gold.
They stood in front of their band for their alma mater...I think that is a cool tradition, lots of schools do that you just don't see it that often. Army/Navy is probably the most prominent.

cbline
12-20-2011, 03:44 PM

Notre Dame sings the Alma Mater with the student section at each home game and every game that the Irish marching band attends. It is really cool to see in person.

CaBisonFan
12-20-2011, 04:56 PM
Notre Dame sings the Alma Mater with the student section at each home game and every game that the Irish marching band attends. It is really cool to see in person.

USC does something similar. A real touch of class...& the right message to the student body.

Good post Marky.

aces1180
12-20-2011, 05:16 PM
Gophers did it too after their loss to us.

daddy daycare
12-20-2011, 05:26 PM
Gophers did it too after their loss to us.

Yes...Bison should do this. Cool tradition. Very different from JMU. I witnessed Preston Evans literally chase down JMU's RB. He ran from mid field dang near to the hallway where JMU was walking out. He tapped his shoulder as if to get his attention to shake his hand and the JMU RB didn't even bother to look at him, and brushed it off. Evans just threw his hands up like, "WTF".

GSU...all class, very impressed.

MNLonghorn10
12-20-2011, 05:30 PM
i think most bcs schools do it. not just a select few. i know texas does...and their opponents.

Bison03
12-20-2011, 05:46 PM
If only there was some sort of mass assemblance of Bison fans where the players will also be in the near future to start this new tradition............

missingnumber7
12-20-2011, 05:48 PM
I really think we should start doing this. Awsome show of respect for the Green and Gold.Thus my specific pointing it out...sorry...I should have stated it. I love that they run over to the student section, but it would be awesome to have the whole team there at the end of the game.

HerdBot
12-20-2011, 05:51 PM

my entire section stood the entire game. that was a first .
the lets go bison fans that were heard throughout the entire game
the fact the stadium was mostly full at the end of the game
hearing how loud the small group of gsa fans were was cool
how bison fans stopped the wave when the offense took the field
the yellow green stripes was amazing . that is a big time college atmosphere!!!

IBleedYellow
12-20-2011, 05:57 PM
Best part was how the fans instantly killed the way when the players walked on the field.

HerdBot
12-20-2011, 06:00 PM
Best part was how the fans instantly killed the way when the players walked on the field.

That was impressive. it all started by bowl mentioning it at the teammakers meeting and a post on bisonville.

I stood when the o took the field . others followed