PDA

View Full Version : Yellow jerseys announced!

Gobison88
12-20-2011, 01:30 AM
Just got Facebook message that confirmed Bison will be wearing yellow jerseys for Championship game!!

TheBisonator
12-20-2011, 01:32 AM
Does yellow contrast enough with orange??

Gobison88
12-20-2011, 01:33 AM
Does yellow contrast enough with orange??
They also announced SH will be wearing white...

DjKyRo
12-20-2011, 01:37 AM
Not sure which way I'd have gone but can't argue with a 3-0 record in gold/yellow. Let's do this.

UncleBuck
12-20-2011, 01:42 AM
Ugh. National TV exposure. I'd rather be in green and gold.

heffray
12-20-2011, 01:49 AM

And when we win it all in Yellow, all you oldsters will have to love it!

No_Skill
12-20-2011, 01:54 AM
The players like them...that's all that matters.

HandoEX
12-20-2011, 01:55 AM
Awesome! Love the Gold Rush!!!

Gobison88
12-20-2011, 01:55 AM
The players like them...that's all that matters.

I agree with this....

BamaBison
12-20-2011, 02:13 AM
NDSU not green on its biggest stage? horrible.

Thankfully its on espn 2

HerdBot
12-20-2011, 02:16 AM
Not sure which way I'd have gone but can't argue with a 3-0 record in gold/yellow. Let's do this.

Can't argue with the 8 National Championships won in normal jersey's either!

SlickVic
12-20-2011, 02:17 AM
It's the old PL. Special lol pump it up bama bison

jimmyptubas
12-20-2011, 02:39 AM
Mixed feelings about this.... like the fact that we are 3-0 in Gold ( yellow ) but i am partial to green. Not a traditionalist by any means...I just like green!

BigBison
12-20-2011, 02:45 AM
So are we suppose to wear Green or Yellow in Frisco?? I'd go with Yellow SHSU are probably wearing Orange.

4mcruenomore
12-20-2011, 02:49 AM
I like the yellow. Whenever I wear one of my green jersey's, people ask me if I'm a Packer fan.

Swaghook
12-20-2011, 03:42 AM
Yellow shirts it is then.

MNLonghorn10
12-20-2011, 03:56 AM
green jersey and wolf shirt.

http://data.whicdn.com/images/8885528/zmcome-at-me-bro_large.jpg

Bisonfan1
12-20-2011, 12:25 PM
Alternate Jerseys for a National Championship game ?? Reeeally ?? I am just getting real concerned these will end up as the Bison permanent jerseys. I am partial to green. Now that I have that off my chest, if thats what it is, then i will live with it. BEAT SHSU ! Go Bison !!

spelunker64
12-20-2011, 12:43 PM
I still dislike the logo change from 10yrs ago or so...Love the green jerseys. Too bad we can't have 1990 throwbacks to play with

missingnumber7
12-20-2011, 12:46 PM
Alternate Jerseys for a National Championship game ?? Reeeally ?? I am just getting real concerned these will end up as the Bison permanent jerseys. I am partial to green. Now that I have that off my chest, if thats what it is, then i will live with it. BEAT SHSU ! Go Bison !!I wouldn't have a problem with the yellow jerseys if it wasn't 3 different yellows...Helmet, jersey, pants.

Gobison88
12-20-2011, 12:56 PM
For a bunch of men (assumption) you all sure know how to gripe about fashion.....
who cares what they are wearing...they could go out there in a jockstrap and shoulder pads for all I care, as long as they play NDSU football and win a championship other people aren't going to care either!!

Bisonfan1
12-20-2011, 01:04 PM
For a bunch of men (assumption) you all sure know how to gripe about fashion.....
who cares what they are wearing...they could go out there in a jockstrap and shoulder pads for all I care, as long as they play NDSU football and win a championship other people aren't going to care either!!

UMM, I quess for some of us, it's called TRADITION, if tradition is drastically changed and the Bison win, then it probably wont matter.

THEsocalledfan
12-20-2011, 01:07 PM

I know this is stupid, but I crinch everytime some one says "gold." Gold is not an NDSU school color. Sunflower yellow is. Thus, why the alma matter is called "The Yellow and the Green."

Carry on.

Da_Bizon
12-20-2011, 01:22 PM
I thought these were supposed to be a novelty. I'm fine with it once a year, but this is the title game. Besides, the greens look so much better.

bisonsupporter
12-20-2011, 01:27 PM
The yellow jerseys might look even worse on tv.... why??? If they want to wear the yellow jersey wear it in the fargodome only. I am not an old guy and i really dislike these! Put the green jersey on!

TransAmBison
12-20-2011, 01:32 PM
I know this is stupid, but I crinch everytime some one says "gold." Gold is not an NDSU school color. Sunflower yellow is. Thus, why the alma matter is called "The Yellow and the Green."

Carry on.Get used to "crinching". Gold sounds good. It has been referred to as gold before we were kids. You grew up with the tradition just like I did. It was always said, "Both teams wear the green, but only one wears the gold."

4mcruenomore
12-20-2011, 01:34 PM
Get used to "crinching". Gold sounds good. It has been referred to as gold before we were kids. You grew up with the tradition just like I did. It was always said, "Both teams wear the green, but only one wears the gold."

This. I had that shirt somewhere back from 1994, probably won't fit me anymore even if I still had it!!!

THEsocalledfan
12-20-2011, 02:17 PM
Get used to "crinching". Gold sounds good. It has been referred to as gold before we were kids. You grew up with the tradition just like I did. It was always said, "Both teams wear the green, but only one wears the gold."

On a tee shirt in the Vasity Mart and before I knew better. Kind of like saying Bison with an "s" to me. Once you know better, you should not say it.

TransAmBison
12-20-2011, 02:18 PM
On a tee shirt in the Vasity Mart and before I knew better. Kind of like saying Bison with an "s" to me. Once you know better, you should not say it.It's part of tradition...

THEsocalledfan
12-20-2011, 02:19 PM
It's part of tradition...

Its part of ignorance.

TransAmBison
12-20-2011, 02:23 PM
Its part of ignorance.That's what the fans of the team with no name would say...because they have no concept of tradition.

duluthbison
12-20-2011, 02:46 PM
Everyone does realize that we are bitching about what jersey our team is going to wear in the national championship game? Remember what this place was like 2 years ago? To me, as long as they wear something that says BISON on it, I could care less what they wear. We will bring back a trophy in 3 weeks.

TransAmBison
12-20-2011, 02:47 PM
Everyone does realize that we are bitching about what jersey our team is going to wear in the national championship game? Remember what this place was like 2 years ago? To me, as long as they wear something that says BISON on it, I could care less what they wear. We will bring back a trophy in 3 weeks.Amen brotha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bisonsupporter
12-20-2011, 03:03 PM
Everyone does realize that we are bitching about what jersey our team is going to wear in the national championship game? Remember what this place was like 2 years ago? To me, as long as they wear something that says BISON on it, I could care less what they wear. We will bring back a trophy in 3 weeks.

This is national exposure for our team, wouldnt you want them to look presentable?

We still bitch about Vigen also :)

duluthbison
12-20-2011, 03:09 PM
This is national exposure for our team, wouldnt you want them to look presentable?

We still bitch about Vigen also :)

Definitely, that's where I fail to see what the problem is with the yellow jerseys, they look fine. So what if they aren't the traditional color - the players want to wear them because they like them so much. And if the players are happy going into the game, then thats all that matters.

ndsubison1
12-20-2011, 03:10 PM
never seen a fanbase complain about jerseys and colors like we have... i like our yellow jerseys. however i will be wearing green. especially since shsu will be wearing orange

HerdBot
12-20-2011, 03:11 PM
Definitely, that's where I fail to see what the problem is with the yellow jerseys, they look fine. So what if they aren't the traditional color - the players want to wear them because they like them so much. And if the players are happy going into the game, then thats all that matters.

they look bad ass in hd too

Castor Troy
12-20-2011, 03:18 PM
The decision to allow the players to decide what they wear for the playoffs speaks to the relationship that the coaches have with the players. I am not in the locker room but it is my guess that the coaches work the players hard during practice, but they also allow them to make decisions for themselves even when it comes to decisions on the field. Sure, they have their assignments that they must follow in certain situations but after seeing how well our boys communicated with each other on defense they helped each other out by what they saw in the formations and they moved each other to the right spot at times. I literally saw linebackers grabbing our own linemen and physically placing them in the correct position just before the snap. They are disciplined players that have been coached very well, but they have been empowered to make decisions.

So this goes beyond the jerseys. It tells me that our boys have a great relationship with their coaches and they have successfully bought in to the fact that this is THEIR team.

I am just glad they let us watch.

mnriverbison
12-20-2011, 03:21 PM
UMM, I quess for some of us, it's called TRADITION, if tradition is drastically changed and the Bison win, then it probably wont matter.

I'm sure we are both reasonable people, but it is impressive that I could have such massive disagreements with such a short statement.

-First off, tradition is always evolving. Always. What you look back on fondly as our "tradition", people of that era often looked at as needless change from an even further back bygone era. People get stuck on a certain point in time (despite previous evolutions to get to that point) and determine that this is the good old days and now the evolution of our traditions should stop. Why does point X on the timeline represent the point at which tradition should be locked in never to change again? Nobody really knows.

-Secondly, if we are wearing different uniforms and win, it probably doesn't matter? Maybe to you. What they are wearing matters very little to me if they are playing in the national championship. Especially if A) the players like them, and B) they are undefeated in them.

-Finally, the Gold or yellow or whatever are a part of our tradition now. This fact doesn't become fiction just because some people wish it. We are in a new era. Our domination on Saturday vs a storied FCS program in the gold shirts is the biggest game for the program in 21 years, and the photo from the forum is an instant classic in Bison lore.

Bison03
12-20-2011, 03:41 PM
Life for Bison fan must be pretty good right now if this is the "big issue" that people are arguing about. Seriously, it is a uniform color. If the players like the way they feel and say they like playing in them, I am going to have to believe them and let them roll with it. As far as the helmet, jersey, and pants stripe being three different colors, I don't think it is as bad as you think. The helmet and jersey are pretty close to an exact match. The slight difference in the pants color I don't think is very noticeable. Also, the green/yellow vs green/gold debate is a dumb argument. Yes, the official school colors are green and yellow. Can't the yellow be golden yellow? If you were to show someone our helmet and say this is our gold helmet, I doubt they would say, Hey that's not gold like Notre Dame, that is yellow. If you look at the helmets from just ten years ago, those were a darker shade then today. The point is; gold is a shade of yellow, yellow is the color jersey we will be wearing next, and if we win a national championship nobody here will give a crap what color we wore when we did it. If Packer's fans can stomach their throwback jerseys of gold pants, blue jersey, and poop brown helmet, then I think we can live with this.

bisonfan08
12-20-2011, 04:26 PM
The decision to allow the players to decide what they wear for the playoffs speaks to the relationship that the coaches have with the players. I am not in the locker room but it is my guess that the coaches work the players hard during practice, but they also allow them to make decisions for themselves even when it comes to decisions on the field. Sure, they have their assignments that they must follow in certain situations but after seeing how well our boys communicated with each other on defense they helped each other out by what they saw in the formations and they moved each other to the right spot at times. I literally saw linebackers grabbing our own linemen and physically placing them in the correct position just before the snap. They are disciplined players that have been coached very well, but they have been empowered to make decisions.

So this goes beyond the jerseys. It tells me that our boys have a great relationship with their coaches and they have successfully bought in to the fact that this is THEIR team.

I am just glad they let us watch.

This^^^^

I like the yellow jerseys, I like the green jerseys, I like the white jerseys. I like them all because they all say BISON on them and I'm a BISON fan. They could wear pink for all I care as long as they uniforms say BISON and they are representing NDSU, Fargo and the state of ND like they have been and are winning football games. As far as all the tradition talk goes, I'm usually big on tradition and the tradition at NDSU is winning, but like all traditions they evolve. We aren't in DII anymore where all this tradition comes from. We are in D1, the FCS and we are in the championship game. Maybe it's time we stop worrying about parts of our tradition we are leaving behind (jersey color? really?) and start focusing on the traditions we are continuing and the big one we are starting which is winning FCS National Championships!!!! GO BISON!

Bison03
12-20-2011, 04:38 PM
This^^^^

I like the yellow jerseys, I like the green jerseys, I like the white jerseys. I like them all because they all say BISON on them and I'm a BISON fan. They could wear pink for all I care as long as they uniforms say BISON and they are representing NDSU, Fargo and the state of ND like they have been and are winning football games. As far as all the tradition talk goes, I'm usually big on tradition and the tradition at NDSU is winning, but like all traditions they evolve. We aren't in DII anymore where all this tradition comes from. We are in D1, the FCS and we are in the championship game. Maybe it's time we stop worrying about parts of our tradition we are leaving behind (jersey color? really?) and start focusing on the traditions we are continuing and the big one we are starting which is winning FCS National Championships!!!! GO BISON!

Agree 100%. Bison football has lots of traditions, some are known more than others. The one constant and #1 tradition is winning.

Bisonfan1
12-20-2011, 05:13 PM
I'm sure we are both reasonable people, but it is impressive that I could have such massive disagreements with such a short statement.

-First off, tradition is always evolving. Always. What you look back on fondly as our "tradition", people of that era often looked at as needless change from an even further back bygone era. People get stuck on a certain point in time (despite previous evolutions to get to that point) and determine that this is the good old days and now the evolution of our traditions should stop. Why does point X on the timeline represent the point at which tradition should be locked in never to change again? Nobody really knows.

-Secondly, if we are wearing different uniforms and win, it probably doesn't matter? Maybe to you. What they are wearing matters very little to me if they are playing in the national championship. Especially if A) the players like them, and B) they are undefeated in them.

-Finally, the Gold or yellow or whatever are a part of our tradition now. This fact doesn't become fiction just because some people wish it. We are in a new era. Our domination on Saturday vs a storied FCS program in the gold shirts is the biggest game for the program in 21 years, and the photo from the forum is an instant classic in Bison lore.

No disagreement nor ever looking for an argument. As I have repeatidly stated when this issue comes up as to uniform color, I voice my preferance with a follow up of OK ill live with it, etc. etc. I dont feel like going back to every post on this subject, but what some of you are calling bitching is not bitching, its just personal preferance, and that is all I am getting from each poster, preferance thats all, just as it is the personal preferance of the players as of late to wear yellow. I prefer the green, I am probably stuck in the past, can I change my ways, probably, do I like to stir the pot sometime with un-important stuff like color preferance to stir up my tailgate mates, HECK YA ! Could this yellow thing start a new tradition, maybe ( but once a year is enough for me) again personal preferance. And yes life is fantastic in the universe if this is a major discussion point. It seem's to me it is about a 50/50 split on fan preferance as of color, but so what, we all have 3 weeks to discuss everything under the sun, then the season will be over, and things will get a little dull at Bisonville for awhile. Undefeated in yellow is a valid point. So Beat SHSU and GO BISON !!

TransAmBison
12-20-2011, 05:19 PM
No disagreement nor ever looking for an argument. As I have repeatidly stated when this issue comes up as to uniform color, I voice my preferance with a follow up of OK ill live with it, etc. etc. I dont feel like going back to every post on this subject, but what some of you are calling bitching is not bitching, its just personal preferance, and that is all I am getting from each poster, preferance thats all, just as it is the personal preferance of the players as of late to wear yellow. I prefer the green, I am probably stuck in the past, can I change my ways, probably, do I like to stir the pot sometime with un-important stuff like color preferance to stir up my tailgate mates, HECK YA ! Could this yellow thing start a new tradition, maybe ( but once a year is enough for me) again personal preferance. And yes life is fantastic in the universe if this is a major discussion point. It seem's to me it is about a 50/50 split on fan preferance as of color, but so what, we all have 3 weeks to discuss everything under the sun, then the season will be over, and things will get a little dull at Bisonville for awhile. Undefeated in yellow is a valid point. So Beat SHSU and GO BISON !!This discussion beats checking flights to Frisco...am I right BF1? :D

CaBisonFan
12-20-2011, 05:21 PM
I'm as big a traditionalist as there is...but I like the bright gold jerseys. They modernize the look with some class.

THEsocalledfan
12-20-2011, 05:43 PM
I'm as big a traditionalist as there is...but I like the bright gold jerseys. They modernize the look with some class.

So, CA, when can we expect a new thread on the championship tradition of NDSU and taking care of business in Frisco? Holding back are we? By the way, you coming?

CAS4127
12-20-2011, 05:47 PM
No disagreement nor ever looking for an argument. As I have repeatidly stated when this issue comes up as to uniform color, I voice my preferance with a follow up of OK ill live with it, etc. etc. I dont feel like going back to every post on this subject, but what some of you are calling bitching is not bitching, its just personal preferance, and that is all I am getting from each poster, preferance thats all, just as it is the personal preferance of the players as of late to wear yellow. I prefer the green, I am probably stuck in the past, can I change my ways, probably, do I like to stir the pot sometime with un-important stuff like color preferance to stir up my tailgate mates, HECK YA ! Could this yellow thing start a new tradition, maybe ( but once a year is enough for me) again personal preferance. And yes life is fantastic in the universe if this is a major discussion point. It seem's to me it is about a 50/50 split on fan preferance as of color, but so what, we all have 3 weeks to discuss everything under the sun, then the season will be over, and things will get a little dull at Bisonville for awhile. Undefeated in yellow is a valid point. So Beat SHSU and GO BISON !!

50-50?? One would think the so-called "highrolling" teammakers are allowed up to 25 votes-->NO??!!

Bisonfan1
12-20-2011, 05:53 PM
This discussion beats checking flights to Frisco...am I right BF1? :D

YA THINK SO !! I was more tense during that then I was during the game. And we know who caused all that tension, pull the trigger allready !!

THEsocalledfan
12-20-2011, 05:54 PM
YA THINK SO !! I was more tense during that then I was during the game. And we know who caused all that tension, pull the trigger allready !!

I was so tense until last night when I went "all in" on flights, etc. I feel better and figure I'll get 3 tickets one way or another. I encourage others to do the same. You will feel better.

CAS4127
12-20-2011, 05:56 PM
I was so tense until last night when I went "all in" on flights, etc. I feel better and figure I'll get 3 tickets one way or another. I encourage others to do the same. You will feel better.

Po-Po-Po-Po-Po-Po- . . . . . Poker face!!

Bisonfan1
12-20-2011, 05:57 PM
My #1 choice by the way would be no announcement of uniform color until the Bison came out of the tunnel, to the roar and everyones delight when the throwback jersey and snorty on the helmet entered the field. To me, that is "alternate" ya know, like Tranny's lifestyle ??

SafeTeeJ
12-20-2011, 07:55 PM
Thundering Mustard! NoDak produces grows alot of mustard...right?

katstrapper
12-20-2011, 10:46 PM
I dont mind white unis for SHSU. We are undefeated in the road unis this season.... ;-)

Jdubs21
12-20-2011, 11:15 PM
the color of jersey is not going to make us win the game or lose the game....lets just play bison smashmouth football! i could care less what fricken color we wear... we r in the national championship for god sake and u guys still find somethin to cry about

NDSUFan_Sav
12-20-2011, 11:36 PM
I dont mind white unis for SHSU. We are undefeated in the road unis this season.... ;-)

you've had a tough schedule :biggrin:

Strommer10
12-21-2011, 02:09 AM
To me, if the players want to wear the yellow, then they should wear the yellow. I do NOT want to mess with the mojo. Fans have no say in this, nor should they. Winning a championship in yellow jerseys will be the OFFICIAL dawn of the new age NDSU Bison football.

heffray
12-21-2011, 02:36 AM
To me, if the players want to wear the yellow, then they should wear the yellow. I do NOT want to mess with the mojo. Fans have no say in this, nor should they. Winning a championship in yellow jerseys will be the OFFICIAL dawn of the new age NDSU Bison football.

Well said, Strom.

wilson
12-21-2011, 03:34 AM
I understand rolling with what is working, but man, I hate alternate jerseys in Championship games. Especially for a team like this where they will be on national TV and don't have a national following. You should have your best foot forward looks wise, and this aint it. I don't mind these every once in a while, but I really don't like the yellow helmet/yellow jersey vs green pants combo. Too much yellow. Oh well, if they win, it don't matter! Also, for those of you who think it's crazy to talk about jerseys and think we are complaining too much, there is a whole forum dedicated to jerseys and logos, with thousands of members: http://boards.sportslogos.net/

heffray
12-21-2011, 03:40 AM
I understand rolling with what is working, but man, I hate alternate jerseys in Championship games. Especially for a team like this where they will be on national TV and don't have a national following. You should have your best foot forward looks wise, and this aint it. I don't mind these every once in a while, but I really don't like the yellow helmet/yellow jersey vs green pants combo. Too much yellow. Oh well, if they win, it don't matter! Also, for those of you who think it's crazy to talk about jerseys and think we are complaining too much, there is a whole forum dedicated to jerseys and logos, with thousands of members: http://boards.sportslogos.net/

Good post. Again, I think Strom said it best: "Winning a championship in yellow jerseys will be the OFFICIAL dawn of the new age NDSU Bison football." It's not something that needs to happen, and yes I agree, that the old green top gold bottom would be preferrable to show the nation what we really look like. HOWEVER, the players voted on it, and they are sticking with what is working for them. They are the ones that this matters to. I agree, I think it's a fun topic to thread about. I disagree though with your opinion on the color scheme. There's another reason why the kids on the team picked the color. It's because it's "newer," some might say "cooler." It appeals more to that crowd. If it does there, it will appeal probably more to the people who we NEED to appeal more too, and that's our future recruits and younger fanbase. Screw tradition in light of this. I say that with no disrespect.

56BISON73
12-21-2011, 03:47 AM
Good post. Again, I think Strom said it best: "Winning a championship in yellow jerseys will be the OFFICIAL dawn of the new age NDSU Bison football." It's not something that needs to happen, and yes I agree, that the old green top gold bottom would be preferrable to show the nation what we really look like. HOWEVER, the players voted on it, and they are sticking with what is working for them. They are the ones that this matters to. I agree, I think it's a fun topic to thread about. I disagree though with your opinion on the color scheme. There's another reason why the kids on the team picked the color. It's because it's "newer," some might say "cooler." It appeals more to that crowd. If it does there, it will appeal probably more to the people who we NEED to appeal more too, and that's our future recruits and younger fanbase. Screw tradition in light of this. I say that with no disrespect.

How do you know this to be true? Or are you just speculating?

heffray
12-21-2011, 04:30 AM
How do you know this to be true? Or are you just speculating?

You got me. That's pure speculation there. I think it draws a pretty clear picture though of what look the kids these days are more drawn to. They voted it in, three times this playoff. Pretty clear to me. What conclusions do you draw from that?

56BISON73
12-21-2011, 04:36 AM
You got me. That's pure speculation there. I think it draws a pretty clear picture though of what look the kids these days are more drawn to. They voted it in, three times this playoff. Pretty clear to me. What conclusions do you draw from that?

Do you really think the players have this thought process when they picked the jersey------""""It's because it's "newer," some might say "cooler." It appeals more to that crowd. If it does there, it will appeal probably more to the people who we NEED to appeal more too, and that's our future recruits and younger fanbase."""" NO

Its really simple, they won the first PO game in the yellow. They arent going to fool with the mojo. They are superstitious.

heffray
12-21-2011, 04:41 AM
Do you really think the players have this thought process when they picked the jersey------""""It's because it's "newer," some might say "cooler." It appeals more to that crowd. If it does there, it will appeal probably more to the people who we NEED to appeal more too, and that's our future recruits and younger fanbase."""" NO

Its really simple, they won the first PO game in the yellow. They arent going to fool with the mojo. They are superstitious.

There's probably some superstition going on, yes. But that doesn't explain why they would pick it for the first game, then go to the green and DISMANTLE Lehigh, then go back to Yellow. That's not how superstition works. Also, I'm not saying that they are thinking through all of this demographic stuff to formulate their decision, I'm saying THEY ARE the demographic. They picked it because they like it and others their age do too.

NDSUdonny
12-21-2011, 04:57 AM
Ok, I don't give a shit what color the team wears. But I am going, what color should the fans wear? I think green contrasts better with their fan's orange

56BISON73
12-21-2011, 05:08 AM
There's probably some superstition going on, yes. But that doesn't explain why they would pick it for the first game, then go to the green and DISMANTLE Lehigh, then go back to Yellow. That's not how superstition works. Also, I'm not saying that they are thinking through all of this demographic stuff to formulate their decision, I'm saying THEY ARE the demographic. They picked it because they like it and others their age do too.

Thats nothing more than rationalization and justification to try and support your theory. Many players arent cutting there hair and not shaving. You are reading way more in this than what is there.

TransAmBison
12-21-2011, 10:57 AM
Thats nothing more than rationalization and justification to try and support your theory. Many players arent cutting there hair and not shaving. You are reading way more in this than what is there.You might be too. :hide:

56BISON73
12-21-2011, 01:41 PM

Alabama, TX, Penn State etc seem to do just fine keep with tradition. NDSU has tweeked there unis to try and stay with whats in good taste and tradition. You dont screw TRADITION for whats trendy and cool at the time. Just sayin.

heffray
12-21-2011, 01:47 PM
Thats nothing more than rationalization and justification to try and support your theory. Many players arent cutting there hair and not shaving. You are reading way more in this than what is there.

You're absolutely right. The conclusion that I draw from from these facts is rational and quite justified, probably the most rational conclusion given the FACT that they didn't wear the yellow jerseys the entire post season. Also, what superstition caused them to pick it in the first place? Or go away from it the second game? Too many holes in your theory, and really all I'm saying is that people that age prefer the yellow jerseys because they look cooler.

heffray
12-21-2011, 01:51 PM
Alabama, TX, Penn State etc seem to do just fine keep with tradition. NDSU has tweeked there unis to try and stay with whats in good taste and tradition. You dont screw TRADITION for whats trendy and cool at the time. Just sayin.

You could say the same about Oregon bucking tradition and it has worked for them. Not nearly to the degree that it has for the aforementioned teams, but they have other traditional factors that come into play that give them an advantage.

56BISON73
12-21-2011, 01:55 PM
You're absolutely right. The conclusion that I draw from from these facts is rational and quite justified, probably the most rational conclusion given the FACT that they didn't wear the yellow jerseys the entire post season. Also, what superstition caused them to pick it in the first place? Or go away from it the second game? Too many holes in your theory, and really all I'm saying is that people that age prefer the yellow jerseys because they look cooler.

Did you ever think that they didnt have a choice on wearing the green jersey? Then the next week was the biggest game in FD history which qualifies as a special game so they go yellow. WELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL now its the N/C equally as special or more so plus they just kicked some ass in them. Dont mess the mojo? Or as you stated they may think they look cooler. OR its a combination of all of the above. There. Thats what Im going with.:rofl:

duluthbison
12-21-2011, 01:56 PM
But wasn't it posted somewhere that they are wearing yellow because the players like it and voted on it. No other reason than that?

TransAmBison
12-21-2011, 01:57 PM
Did you ever think that they didnt have a choice on wearing the green jersey? Then the next week was the biggest game in FD history which qualifies as a special game so they go yellow. WELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL now its the N/C equally as special or more so plus they just kicked some ass in them. Dont mess the mojo? Or as you stated they may think they look cooler. OR its a combination of all of the above. There. Thats what Im going with.:rofl:
You guys are all way off the mark. I am disappointed in you PL...you should have known all along. They wear them because of the intimidation factor. Boom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

heffray
12-21-2011, 01:58 PM
But wasn't it posted somewhere that they are wearing yellow because the players like it and voted on it. No other reason than that?

That's exactly the point in making. I just like to elaborate and speculate a little on what I think that means.

56BISON73
12-21-2011, 01:59 PM
You could say the same about Oregon bucking tradition and it has worked for them. Not nearly to the degree that it has for the aforementioned teams, but they have other traditional factors that come into play that give them an advantage.

I dont know what tradition you are talking about with Oregon. But for many many many many years they were nothing but a door mat and werent given much thought. Then they started winning some games At which time marketing established what they do now.

IndyBison
12-21-2011, 01:59 PM
People complain all the time about the various jerseys worn by Oregon and all the different jerseys teams have been wearing the past couple years on special occasions. Then there is the Maryland jersey mess. This is happening because the players of today like them and they are a recruiting tool used by these schools. I personally don't like them but the decisions aren't being made to appease me. Uniform companies are trying to sell uniforms and players think they are cool. I assume some of that is behind the Bison players choice to wear yellow.

aces1180
12-21-2011, 02:01 PM
Only reason I don't like the yellow jerseys is because they didn't offer a #11 authentic at Scheels...If they had, I would have purchased one and been on the bandwagon. ;)

IndyBison
12-21-2011, 02:02 PM
I dont know what tradition you are talking about with Oregon. But for many many many many years they were nothing but a door mat and werent given much thought. Then they started winning some games At which time marketing established what they do now.
It helped that a huge booster owns Nike and provides all those different uniforms. The CEO of Under Armor is a Maryland grad which is why they ended up with what they have this year.

56BISON73
12-21-2011, 02:02 PM
You guys are all way off the mark. I am disappointed in you PL...you should have known all along. They wear them because of the intimidation factor. Boom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was hoping you wouldnt pick up on that. I cant believe this conversation went this long with out that resolution. Thank you for rescuing me. I couldnt have gone on much longer.:biggrin:

56BISON73
12-21-2011, 02:03 PM
It helped that a huge booster owns Nike and provides all those different uniforms. The CEO of Under Armor is a Maryland grad which is why they ended up with what they have this year.

Dang you stole my next bit.

CaBisonFan
12-21-2011, 02:07 PM
So, CA, when can we expect a new thread on the championship tradition of NDSU and taking care of business in Frisco? Holding back are we? By the way, you coming?

I'm looking for one ticket that won't put me in the poor house...was late in reacting to the frenzy because I didn't know if I could go.

The tradition has evolved and the torch has been passed beautifully. Might change my mind...but I don't see the need for any more trips down tradition lane. We'll see. Right now I'm just enjoying reading some of the threads and loving the fact that we're back where we belong.

Concerning the jersey color...I think that young players like the modernized look. Four other programs come to mind that have been very successful as of late...Oregon, Boise St, TCU, & Oklahoma St. I believe that it helps with recruiting & the attitude on the field. Some of the tradition-laden teams like Notre Dame could learn a lesson from those four schools. It's time for Notre Dame to move on. There are many others.

Bisonfan1
12-21-2011, 03:05 PM
I also am intimated by the yellow, I cant imagine the horror the other team feels when they see fans dressed in yellow. I personally got spooked by yellow during the "scream yellow" years, then the thing that put me over the edge in fear is when I saw Tranny coming towards me at tailgate wearing the yellow homo coat for the first time after wearing nothing but "mean green jerseys" all those years. The final kicker is when I saw PL dressed in all yellow after sporting the green, to include yellow shoes. There is only one explanation, everyone is catching the yellow disease and it is spreading. I am fearful I may be next to contract this desease, Is there a cure ?? Anyone ?? heeeelp !!!! I need counseling, Im going to the Doctor, Im contacting the FDA, CIA, FBI and whoever will listen that Bison Nation is being overun by the color yellow, heeeelp !!!!!!!!!! Placing tin foil on head now, afraid I will be in Frisco dressed in yellow with a blank stare on my face, following thosands of Bison fans dressed in yellow doing the living dead walk into the stadium. Ive snapped, going on line now to order yellow Bison apparell, OMG I got the yellow disease through Bisonville on the internet, thats how they are doing it, BEWARE. aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

roadwarrior
12-21-2011, 03:08 PM
How about a yellow limo? Wouldn't that be sweet?

Bisonfan1
12-21-2011, 03:09 PM
How about a yellow limo? Wouldn't that be sweet?

Allready in the body shop !!

TransAmBison
12-21-2011, 03:10 PM
I also am intimated by the yellow, I cant imagine the horror the other team feels when they see fans dressed in yellow. I personally got spooked by yellow during the "scream yellow" years, then the thing that put me over the edge in fear is when I saw Tranny coming towards me at tailgate wearing the yellow homo coat for the first time after wearing nothing but "mean green jerseys" all those years. The final kicker is when I saw PL dressed in all yellow after sporting the green, to include yellow shoes. There is only one explanation, everyone is catching the yellow disease and it is spreading. I am fearful I may be next to contract this desease, Is there a cure ?? Anyone ?? heeeelp !!!! I need counseling, Im going to the Doctor, Im contacting the FDA, CIA, FBI and whoever will listen that Bison Nation is being overun by the color yellow, heeeelp !!!!!!!!!! Placing tin foil on head now, afraid I will be in Frisco dressed in yellow with a blank stare on my face, following thosands of Bison fans dressed in yellow doing the living dead walk into the stadium. Ive snapped, going on line now to order yellow Bison apparell, OMG I got the yellow disease through Bisonville on the internet, thats how they are doing it, BEWARE. aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhIf you show up wearing yellow CAS might just crap his bedazzled pants.

CaBisonFan
12-21-2011, 03:10 PM
...bright gold...

IndyBison
12-21-2011, 04:55 PM
Concerning the jersey color...I think that young players like the modernized look. Four other programs come to mind that have been very successful as of late...Oregon, Boise St, TCU, & Oklahoma St. I believe that it helps with recruiting & the attitude on the field. Some of the tradition-laden teams like Notre Dame could learn a lesson from those four schools. It's time for Notre Dame to move on. There are many others.
I think you are right. I don't like it but you are right. One difference between what we did and those programs do though is we just changed a shirt but kept the original helmet and pants. Those other programs got entierely new gear top to bottom that at least coordinated. Their budgets are much bigger to allow that but I might like ours better if it didn't seem uncoordinated.

Hammersmith
12-21-2011, 05:23 PM
What I love about this thread is that each of the different yellow factions seems to believe there is only one reason the team wants to wear yellow. Have you ever found a group of nearly one hundred 18-25 year old males to only have one view? I sure haven't. I would bet any amount of money on the fact that some of the team voted for yellow because they are superstitious. I would also bet any amount of money that some of the team voted for yellow because they feel those jerseys look cool. I would even feel safe betting a smaller amount of money that there is some overlap between those two groups. And I bet that there are probably a dozen other reasons why some players want yellow, even if some of those opinions are only held by a single player.

Stop treating the team as if it's a single, faceless entity. It's a group like any other, with many distinct opinions and views; just like Bisonville itself. The one thing they all have in common is the drive and desire to kick some Bearkat tail back to Huntsville.

CAS4127
12-21-2011, 05:28 PM
Teammakers has announced a yellow out for Bison fans in Frisco!! On IPhone and can't link. Also driving as I post!

Da_Bizon
12-21-2011, 05:36 PM
http://www.facebook.com/NDBison

Here's the link to the fan vote.

Kermit
12-21-2011, 07:12 PM
Teammakers has announced a yellow out for Bison fans in Frisco!! On IPhone and can't link. Also driving as I post!

Yellow is fine for the masses like me--but I'll be disappointed if you aren't wearing the Green #41.

Bison"FANatic"
12-21-2011, 07:22 PM

For the love of god thats against the law and you are suppose to be upholding the law.:biggrin::biggrin:

BisonTeacher
12-21-2011, 07:24 PM
I know Scheels has yellow jerseys in stock. Nothing online though...oh wait...they have UND hockey jerseys though! :mad:

TransAmBison
12-21-2011, 07:33 PM
I know Scheels has yellow jerseys in stock. Nothing online though...oh wait...they have UND hockey jerseys though! :mad:Yellow authentic jerseys. $$$

Bison03
12-21-2011, 07:35 PM
I know Scheels has yellow jerseys in stock. Nothing online though...oh wait...they have UND hockey jerseys though! :mad:

Was in Scheels last night and saw them on SALE for 199. I would imagine they will be selling out of those in the near future. I wonder if they will get in replica ones soon, if at all.

Kermit
12-21-2011, 07:36 PM
Yellow authentic jerseys. $$$

I agree. Yellow authentic jerseys are too expensive, and too flashy. Let's go with the Big Bird coats.

TransAmBison
12-21-2011, 07:37 PM
I agree. Yellow authentic jerseys are too expensive, and too flashy. Let's go with the Big Bird coats.Point taken. :D

BisonTeacher
12-21-2011, 07:39 PM
Yellow authentic jerseys. $$$

But could the fact they arent online be affecting sales? I probably wouldnt buy one anyway, I would wait for replicas too. or the spring game.

Strommer10
12-21-2011, 11:31 PM
Yellow and Orange are a little too close... But I will be wearing my Yellow Bison Swag shirt in the student section like every other game. I do know this, it will be one BRIGHT stadium on ESPN.