PDA

View Full Version : Bohl: The game is plum sold out

Bison bison
12-19-2011, 08:24 PM
Per kfgo.............

Bison06
12-19-2011, 08:25 PM
Per kfgo.............

Have we gotten to the point here that if you aren't a 15 year season ticket holder that you probably won't be able to get a ticket?

If that is the case, I am going to have to cancel my flight. No way I am going to pay that price and get down there without a ticket in my hand.

imabison
12-19-2011, 08:26 PM
Per kfgo.............

Can this be verfied??? or is it that both of the 4 day charters are sold out....That would make logical sense.

MNLonghorn10
12-19-2011, 08:27 PM
he also said mcfly was a slacker, and no mcfly ever amounted to anything at hill valley

Bison bison
12-19-2011, 08:27 PM
Have we gotten to the point here that if you aren't a 15 year season ticket holder that you probably won't be able to get a ticket?

If that is the case, I am going to have to cancel my flight. No way I am going to pay that price and get down there without a ticket in my hand.

The tickets are only $250+

http://www.stubhub.com/2011-ncaa-division-1-football-championship-tickets/2012-ncaa-division-1-fcs-football-championship-game-1-7-2012-2369154/

CAS4127
12-19-2011, 08:28 PM
Can this be verfied??? or is it that both of the 4 day charters are sold out....That would make logical sense.

Could be that, or it could be that all tickets, as of now, are accounted for. My bet, there will be plenty of tickets by next week this time.

spelunker64
12-19-2011, 08:29 PM
It sounded like only the top 2% of priority points holders would get their tickets. Only 4,000 available to NDSU and of that the players families, band, NDSU staff need to take out of, so maybe 3,000 available to be sold.

Yuck

Gully
12-19-2011, 08:30 PM
It sounded like only the top 2% of priority points holders would get their tickets. Only 4,000 available to NDSU and of that the players families, band, NDSU staff need to take out of, so maybe 3,000 available to be sold.

Yuck

Who said that (the 2% part)?

imabison
12-19-2011, 08:32 PM
Could be that, or it could be that all tickets, as of now, are accounted for. My bet, there will be plenty of tickets by next week this time.

However on the NCAA website it says the tickets for this game are all sold out.

spelunker64
12-19-2011, 08:32 PM
Gal from the ticket office, buddy who is in the top 4% said that it was iffy if he would get his

CAS4127
12-19-2011, 08:43 PM
However on the NCAA website it says the tickets for this game are all sold out.

There are likely many people who purchased tickets early hoping there team would make it. I would check Stubhub and other potential sale sights regularly, as I bet there will be tickets coming for sale.

NDSU '96
12-19-2011, 08:43 PM
Given how long the NCAA has had these tickets on sale, and how cheap they are, if anyone even thought they may make the trip down the purchase should have been made long ago. In the (unlikely) event the team lost, worst case scenario you'd be out 50 bucks.

Bison bison
12-19-2011, 08:44 PM
Yeah, but the folks putting their tickets up for sale probably aren't going to be putting them up for less than the market is asking ---- $250+++

KTF
12-19-2011, 08:45 PM
I talked to a band member at church yesterday and they said that they weren't sure if they were going to the game. I guess the athletic department didn't want to pay for hte cost to get them down there. They must have change thier minds. Glad to hear the band is going, sorry to hear how many people won't be able to get tix's...

MNLonghorn10
12-19-2011, 08:50 PM
Given how long the NCAA has had these tickets on sale, and how cheap they are, if anyone even thought they may make the trip down the purchase should have been made long ago. In the (unlikely) event the team lost, worst case scenario you'd be out 50 bucks.
exactly. i was fully confident we'd beat lehigh. i bought mine before the game while sitting in the bus to go tailgate..shit, id of been able to make money had ndsu lost to georgia southern as it turns out. i didnt see the demand being this high for tickets, and some of these prices on here are getting out of hand.

i paid 400 dollars to go to texas/alabama 2 years ago, and 300 of it was pretty much a gamble that i knew texas was going to be there so i got to buy the ticket for face value...this game is making that game look like a d2 game.

CAS4127
12-19-2011, 08:52 PM
I talked to a band member at church yesterday and they said that they weren't sure if they were going to the game. I guess the athletic department didn't want to pay for hte cost to get them down there. They must have change thier minds. Glad to hear the band is going, sorry to hear how many people won't be able to get tix's...

Hard to believe the band would not be part of the team contingency that the NCAA covers.

spelunker64
12-19-2011, 08:55 PM
Band, players family, NDSU staff all comes out of the 4,000 ticket allotment

KTF
12-19-2011, 08:57 PM
Glad to hear that the GSMB will be going...

CAS4127
Band, players family, NDSU staff all comes out of the 4,000 ticket allotment

I was talking about the travel costs, not the tickets.

roadwarrior
I drove to Minneapolis with two friends on the day of the 7th game of the World Series in 1987 without tickets. We found tickets.

56BISON73
12-19-2011, 09:06 PM
Yeah, but the folks putting their tickets up for sale probably aren't going to be putting them up for less than the market is asking ---- $250+++

If they arent going to the game Iam sure they just want to get there money back.

JSUBison
12-19-2011, 09:13 PM
I just got off the phone with the NCAA, because I had to correct the mailing address on my tickets. He was surprised I got a ticket online Saturday because they were essentially gone, but said sometimes a few tickets will show up from time to time. I asked about the ticket situation, and he seems to think that the only way more tickets will show up is if local Frisco organizations that have been comped tickets return them. He said a few tickets may trickle in from time to time from various sources, and that the NCAA may release a hundred or so they have, those will just show up on the website, no announcement or anything. Didn't ask him why they are holding onto them. This game really does sound like a sell out, but may not be a full house because of the tickets the scalpers are holding are pricing too many people out.

GOB1SON
12-19-2011, 09:13 PM
Everybody needs to calm down. It's Monday afternoon. The game is three weeks away. There will be tickets available. They might be aftermarket, but you will get there.

This week we had at least 3 or 4 tickets for Geo South wander through our tailgate.

Plane is running $500+ (a grand if you want to fly Sunday), couple of nights hotel = $300 or more, and everyone is upside down because someone on StubHub is asking $85 for a $50 ticket???

spelunker64
12-19-2011, 09:17 PM
$250 for a $50 ticket

GOB1SON
12-19-2011, 09:17 PM
$250 for a $50 ticket

When 0 of those $250 tickets are sold, the cost will come down. See IndyBison's post.

When I looked 2 hours ago, there were 62 tickets left starting at $249. As of a minute ago there are 62 tickets left starting at $249.

IndyBison
12-19-2011, 09:19 PM
I just got off the phone with the NCAA, because I had to correct the mailing address on my tickets. He was surprised I got a ticket online Saturday because they were essentially gone, but said sometimes a few tickets will show up from time to time. I asked about the ticket situation, and he seems to think that the only way more tickets will show up is if local Frisco organizations that have been comped tickets return them. He said a few tickets may trickle in from time to time from various sources, and that the NCAA may release a hundred or so they have, those will just show up on the website, no announcement or anything. Didn't ask him why they are holding onto them. This game really does sound like a sell out, but may not be a full house because of the tickets the scalpers are holding are pricing too many people out.
Scalpers set prices based on demand. If they can't sell them at $250 they'll drop the price. The closer you get to game time the cheaper they will be. I bought a ticket to the NCAA Championship game in 2010 (Butler-Duke) for $10 on the street before the game. Yes there will be some risk but if you are near the stadium on game day you will get tickets. You may even end up paying less than face value depending on your patience and negotiating abilities. This will not have a huge walk-up crowd other than fans for either team traveling to the area.

Wally
12-19-2011, 09:20 PM
$250 for a $50 ticket

Slow play it. Can be tough to do when it is an event that you really want to attend. Scalpers love desperation.

BisonNeil
12-19-2011, 09:22 PM
Well, I emailed the event coordinator for the NCAA, here was his response to me:

Thank you for your email. I regret to inform you that we are sold out for the FCS Championship. After the event last year, it has been very difficult anticipating the demand SHSU has contributed to the game.

So, it appears that Sam got the Lion's share of the tickets.

HerdBot
12-19-2011, 09:32 PM
Well, I emailed the event coordinator for the NCAA, here was his response to me:

Thank you for your email. I regret to inform you that we are sold out for the FCS Championship. After the event last year, it has been very difficult anticipating the demand SHSU has contributed to the game.

So, it appears that Sam got the Lion's share of the tickets.

they bought 15k tickets already?

Tatanka
12-19-2011, 09:33 PM
http://www.solarfeeds.com/wp-content/uploads/panic-button.jpg
:rolleyes:

Wacker_in_the_Hall
12-19-2011, 09:34 PM
Gal from the ticket office, buddy who is in the top 4% said that it was iffy if he would get his

Top 4% would put his priority number at around 1200. If half of the people in front of him ask for 4, it will bw close. All teamakers have had the opportunity to elevate their giving to the athletic department. The priority points method is the system the best available.

sway1331
12-19-2011, 09:34 PM
This being the second of three games awarded to Frisco, TX. Makes you wonder if the NCAA has sold themselves short by holding the championship in a stadium that only holds 20,500. Will be interesting to see who put in beds to hold the championship in 2014 and beyond and if the capacity of the stadium for contenders will need to be greater than Pizza Hut Park.

EmeraldCityBison
12-19-2011, 09:35 PM
This being the second of three games awarded to Frisco, TX. Makes you wonder if the NCAA has sold themselves short by holding the championship in a stadium that only holds 20,500. Will be interesting to see who put in beds to hold the championship in 2014 and beyond and if the capacity of the stadium for contenders will need to be greater than Pizza Hut Park.

Finley Stadium in Chattanooga holds pretty much the same number.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/W._Max_Finley_Stadium

CAS4127
12-19-2011, 09:37 PM

Thank you for your email. I regret to inform you that we are sold out for the FCS Championship. After the event last year, it has been very difficult anticipating the demand SHSU has contributed to the game. So, it appears that Sam got the Lion's share of the tickets.

What the hell does that mean? Whatever it actually means, it suggests SHSU fans now have more tickets than their largest attendance at home this year. I ain't buyin' what this guys says. One has to wonder whether he really cares and or has bigger things, at least in his eyes, on his desk. I mean, is he really keeping track of who from where purchased tickets in advance? I doubt seriously that is the case. He just gave an easy answer and moved on to the bigger pile of paperwork on his desk is my guess.

TbonZach
Only 4,000 available to NDSU and of that the players families, NDSU staff need to take out of, so maybe 3,000 available to be sold.

players family, NDSU staff all comes out of the 4,000 ticket allotment

Fixed for unfortunate accuracy. :banghead:

Tatanka

Out of the 125 or so FCS schools, how many travel as well as NDSU? And how many are within 200 miles of the site? I don't think SHSU and their average crowd travels worth a piss if the game's played in, let's say for argument, Ohio. NDSU fans would travel about the same if not more. I believe this year is somewhat of an aberration for the NCAA.

Last year's champs EWU probably didn't come anywhere close to selling their 4k allotment.

THEsocalledfan
Scalpers set prices based on demand. If they can't sell them at $250 they'll drop the price. The closer you get to game time the cheaper they will be. I bought a ticket to the NCAA Championship game in 2010 (Butler-Duke) for $10 on the street before the game. Yes there will be some risk but if you are near the stadium on game day you will get tickets. You may even end up paying less than face value depending on your patience and negotiating abilities. This will not have a huge walk-up crowd other than fans for either team traveling to the area.

Man, this just plain sucks though. I am having a major gut check moment. Airfares are rising, too, and I am feeling like I need to lock that in. While I do go to Twins games without a ticket (240 miles drive one way), I am nauseated at doing this for a fly in game like this. Plus, if demand is really that high all the way to game time, how much will they charge?

bisonmike2
12-19-2011, 09:38 PM
Just move it south to Texas Stadium. Boom problem solved. Plenty of room for everyone.:)

EmeraldCityBison
12-19-2011, 09:39 PM
Man, this just plain sucks though. I am having a major gut check moment. Airfares are rising, too, and I am feeling like I need to lock that in. While I do go to Twins games without a ticket (240 miles drive one way), I am nauseated at doing this for a fly in game like this. Plus, if demand is really that high all the way to game time, how much will they charge?

Get traveler insurance with your airfare. The extra $20 might be worth it to relieve the anxiety you're going though.

THEsocalledfan
12-19-2011, 09:40 PM
Get traveler insurance with your airfare. The extra $20 might be worth it to relieve the anxiety you're going though.

Planning on using miles; can you use it for that? And do they cover "not getting a ticket?"

GOB1SON
12-19-2011, 09:41 PM

What airline do you fly???

SDbison
12-19-2011, 09:42 PM
I called this out a long time ago when they announced the championship game was moving to a dinky soccer field in Texas. Of course, I took all sorts of shit from Bisonville posters and many said nothing in defense. Still think this place is the best ever? Really? Sounds like as many as 30,000 could have attended this game. And shame on the NCAA. 4000 allotment for each team........FCS is smaller than FBS, but quit treating FCS teams like DIII. The allotment should have been at least 8000 for each team. What a joke. And the little soccer field.......what a joke.

IndyBison
12-19-2011, 09:44 PM
Easy for me to say but go anyway. Hang out with Bison fans before and after the game. If you don't get a price you like sit in a nearby bar and watch the game. If there are ANY tickets left after kickoff, they will be dirt cheap. I think it's a fairly small risk. Again, easy for me to say but I have attended several major sporting events (Final Four, AFC Championship Game, Indy 500, Brickyard 400), and this has been my experience at all of them.

GOB1SON
Planning on using miles; can you use it for that? And do they cover "not getting a ticket?"

No. They don't.

I'm on Delta and I tried miles and it was 60,000 to start for a Friday-Sunday hit. There are no direct flights left Sunday out of DFW into MSP. Tickets are around $1000 right now. So I am flying back Monday and saved $500.

EmeraldCityBison

I have a reservation on American from Seattle to DFW. And the traveler's insurance was $18.

daddy daycare

$20 was our option on delta.

Herd Mentality
12-19-2011, 09:45 PM
I wonder how much they'd charge to put a few folding chairs up on the "stage" that is shown in every layout I've seen.
I'd be willing to put on a show on said stage for tickets. I'll be putting on a "Frisco Sh*t Show" for free that weekend anyway...

GOB1SON
12-19-2011, 09:46 PM
I wonder how much they'd charge to put a few folding chairs up on the "stage" that is shown in every layout I've seen.
I'd be willing to put on a show on said stage for tickets. I'll be putting on a "Frisco Sh*t Show" for free that weekend anyway...

I'll give you tickets to NOT put on a show.

THEsocalledfan
12-19-2011, 09:55 PM
No. They don't.

I'm on Delta and I tried miles and it was 60,000 to start for a Friday-Sunday hit. There are no direct flights left Sunday out of DFW into MSP. Tickets are around $1000 right now. So I am flying back Monday and saved $500.

Yea, and all you SOB's are killing my rate out of Sioux Falls too. Some must be coming down here to fly and the MSP-DFW delta flights must be jacked. (I suppose there is a chance Delta will switch to a real Delta flight with a bigger plane????) I am seriously considering Oklahoma City if I fly, but I am not happy about it. Only other option is to do two stops on Delta for about $430 or 32,500 miles.

EmeraldCityBison
12-19-2011, 09:59 PM
I called this out a long time ago when they announced the championship game was moving to a dinky soccer field in Texas. Of course, I took all sorts of shit from Bisonville posters and many said nothing in defense. Still think this place is the best ever? Really? Sounds like as many as 30,000 could have attended this game. And shame on the NCAA. 4000 allotment for each team........FCS is smaller than FBS, but quit treating FCS teams like DIII. The allotment should have been at least 8000 for each team. What a joke. And the little soccer field.......what a joke.

Chatty's stadium is the same size. The problem is SHSU's distance and NDSU's fanbase.

And soccer fields are actually bigger than throwball (football) fields.

Herd Mentality
12-19-2011, 10:00 PM
I'll give you tickets to NOT put on a show.

SEE PEOPLE! Get creative and tickets will fall in your lap. :hungry:

GOB1SON
12-19-2011, 10:01 PM
Yea, and all you SOB's are killing my rate out of Sioux Falls too. Some must be coming down here to fly and the MSP-DFW delta flights must be jacked. (I suppose there is a chance Delta will switch to a real Delta flight with a bigger plane????) I am seriously considering Oklahoma City if I fly, but I am not happy about it. Only other option is to do two stops on Delta for about $430 or 32,500 miles.

There is no way they will switch to a bigger plane for one flight on one day.

Just my experience.

56BISON73
12-19-2011, 10:05 PM

Ok City? You may as well just drive all the way.

mnriverbison
12-19-2011, 10:10 PM
My gut tells me there will be tickets available, but holy $hit is it bad if the rumors about SH fans gobbling them up are true. Really the NCAA had no reason to spend more money on a larger stadium for an event which has struggled in the past to draw 15,000 people. Can't blame them for this.

NDSUstudent
12-19-2011, 10:13 PM

I know the prices have skyrocketed...I could have booked a direct flight to Dallas for $215 on priceline the day before the GSU game....at least I got tickets I guess.

Tatanka
12-19-2011, 10:15 PM
Stubhub showing 62 available starting at $249 each up to $699. :eek: Glad I locked mine in at $60.

badger04
12-19-2011, 10:20 PM
If there is sleet storm or really cold weather there will be plenty of tickets!!

Tatanka
12-19-2011, 10:23 PM
If there is sleet storm or really cold weather there will be plenty of tickets!!

And "really cold" might mean 40 degrees...

BamaBison
12-19-2011, 10:23 PM
The good ol (fat) boys club that dont even stand to cheer on defense got 25 each? Piss poor

90BISON
12-19-2011, 10:26 PM
The good ol (fat) boys club that dont even stand to cheer on defense got 25 each? Piss poor

Is that kind of like living in your mom's basment, rent free, then pissing and moaning because she won't let you change the channel on the TV???? :facepalm:

56BISON73
12-19-2011, 10:29 PM

You wouldnt be complaining if you hadnt got kicked out.

BamaBison
12-19-2011, 10:32 PM
No. I do allright for myself, come on down to my casino and find out.
but why cant these guys take 4 or 6 tickets?

Im sure you will speak like hitler and tell us

56BISON73
12-19-2011, 10:38 PM
No. I do allright for myself, come on down to my casino and find out.
but why cant these guys take 4 or 6 tickets?

Im sure you will speak like hitler and tell us

Come on Sam
Many arent going to take 25 tickets. Why do you assume they would all take 25???? Many will take just what they need.

casino??? you mean the card table in your moms basement.

BamaBison
12-19-2011, 10:43 PM
Huh? youre on crack, I am from alabama wind creek casino.

Your best friend lakes is in puerto rico according to ags.

TransAmBison
12-19-2011, 10:44 PM
Lakes would be the worst secret agent ever.

56BISON73
12-19-2011, 10:46 PM
Huh? youre on crack, I am from alabama wind creek casino.

Your best friend lakes is in puerto rico according to ags.

:rofl::rofl:

GOB1SON
12-19-2011, 10:49 PM

No shit. That is hilarious.

Kind of like Bill Murray in "The Man that Knew Too Little".

17>1
12-19-2011, 10:50 PM
I started a couple of threads on GSUfans about a half hour ago seeing if anyone had extras they wanted to get rid of, and haven't gotten a single view in either. Titled them "Tickets to Frisco" and got nothing. Maybe they're still licking their wounds a bit.

mgbison
12-19-2011, 10:53 PM
Is there a limit on the amount of tickets each person can get going through NDSU?

tjbison
12-19-2011, 10:53 PM
I started a couple of threads on GSUfans about a half hour ago seeing if anyone had extras they wanted to get rid of, and haven't gotten a single view in either. Titled them "Tickets to Frisco" and got nothing. Maybe they're still licking their wounds a bit.

They probably think its a smack thread.

90BISON
12-19-2011, 10:55 PM

A year or 2 ago I "tried" to buy some Bison/Gopher Men's BB tickets off of Craigslist. I had at least a couple different people, once they found out where I was from, that refused to sell them to me because I was a Bison fan.......I was like seriously? What the hell do you care, if I'm willing to buy them from you??? I wonder if there is a little of that going on now, with some of the Stubhub type tickets? Very few available, at a very inflated price.....I do fully expect them to come down in price, but based on sheer demand, that might not happen for a week or two???

17>1
12-19-2011, 10:57 PM
They probably think its a smack thread.

I probably would too I guess. I even wrote that I wasn't trying to smack but being serious. But "Tickets to Frisco" might be the wrong title. I guess I could edit it....be right back.

VanClubPres
12-19-2011, 10:58 PM
I would not be the least bit surprised if it was something like the ticketmaster scheme. Buyer identifies himself as a dealer to the NCAA, is able to buy tickets early and in large blocks for 125% of face, knowing that dealer will sell those tickets for 150-300% above what he paid. Everybody wins except the consumer. Yay Free Market!!!

17>1
12-19-2011, 11:00 PM
I probably would too I guess. I even wrote that I wasn't trying to smack but being serious. But "Tickets to Frisco" might be the wrong title. I guess I could edit it....be right back.
Ok, got some views finally. No replies but maybe something positive will come from it. Who knows, panic mode sets in Friday PM.

MNLonghorn10
12-19-2011, 11:35 PM

holy shit that is lakes...had me fooled!!

free lakes!

imabison
12-20-2011, 01:29 AM

Before buying ANY travel insurance make sure you read what it actually pays for. People assume, and get burned all the time by it.

IzzyFlexion
12-21-2011, 01:35 PM
holy shit that is lakes...had me fooled!!

free lakes!
With the purchase of 2 or more rivers at the regular price.

-stupid guy is sorry and couldn't help it