PDA

View Full Version : Great Trip!

BoroNative
12-19-2011, 02:46 PM
Congrats on the win! I wanted to come by and thank the NDSU fans I met this weekend in Fargo. To a person, each one was welcoming and hospitable. I found the crowd to be knowledgeable about football and engaging in conversation. The Fargodome was a better facility than I had been led to believe, and the tailgating rivals any place in FCS! (The goose poppers were awesome) I honestly thought we would run the ball at will and our speed would out-match you. I was wrong. Your defense is for real. I talked with your QB's dad at BWW on Friday night, and he has a reason to be proud of his son. You guys have a wonderful program going there, and you make the FCS a better league. I'd hope we don't see you guys again until 2013, in Texas! As for 2012, you got a Bizon (I was corrected on the pronunciation) fan here on Jan. 7th.

tony
12-19-2011, 02:48 PM
Every GSU fan I ran into was great to talk to as well.

BISONBRI53
12-19-2011, 03:39 PM
I met a couple GSU fans after the game and they were great people! Welcome back to Fargo anytime!

EmbdenBison
12-19-2011, 03:55 PM
I met a couple GSU fans after the game and they were great people! Welcome back to Fargo anytime!

Same here. Great people from a great football program.

Hammerhead
12-19-2011, 04:07 PM
I'm glad you enjoyed the trip (other than the final score of the game). Perhaps we'll meet in the playoffs again or try another home-and-home series.

Tatanka
12-19-2011, 04:20 PM
I'm glad you enjoyed the trip (other than the final score of the game). Perhaps we'll meet in the playoffs again or try another home-and-home series.

They come here first.

Bison03
12-19-2011, 04:20 PM
Every GSU fan I met in the west lot on Saturday was great to talk to. They are 100% class all the way. I can imagine they were loving our accent as much as we were loving theirs. Apparently everyone was telling them how lucky they got this year because normal decembers are colder and have more snow. An older couple I talked too was thrilled they got a reason to visit as they are trying to visit all 50 states. I think they said they only need about 8 more now. I told them they can now cross coming to North Dakota off their bucket list. I reminded another fan about the advantages of cold weather tailgating in that your drink will always stay cold. He couldn't agree more. His best comment was when he said "Win or lose, where's the best place to grab some beers tonight." I didn't see him later that night but I am sure he had a great time. All these GSU fans are a lot like us. Tradition rich, passionate fans who love their football and follow them anywhere. I think there was a lot of mutual respect both ways on Saturday and that both team's fans realized this about each other. Overall, I hope their fans had a great trip to Fargo. If we are fortunate to ever play down in Statesboro, I know we will be welcomed well. Congrats on the great season Eagles. Hope we get to share a tailgate beer with y'all again soon.

Bison 4 Life
12-19-2011, 04:38 PM
They come here first.

Either their AD or coach said they would never do another series with NDSU.